Sign in to follow this  
sylvesmiller

Dressage Cap Chat #25

ES- thats how I got into doing my own! I was moving up to KY and knew the farrier at the barn I was moving to was not great. So I decided to learn. I had about 2 months of having the farrier I had at the time check my work.

I don't spend as much time really studying them, but they are in my back yard so I see them all the time anyway. I tend to trim pretty quickly, making sure everything is balanced how I like it (I do them often enough that I don't use nippers). Then I turn them loose and watch them for a couple days, and adjust anything not quite right. I'm trying to con my boarder into learning to trim so she can do it when my fiance and I have kids :)

Ug, gotta go to the bank. Then I can come back and ride in my new arena!!

Krazy, thanks for clarifying they are pigeons. I told you I can't see!!! [ROTFL] Don't tell the pigeons I thought they were chickens.

Beck, sounds like Beckham is doing great. Too funny about that pony!

3day, and how would you know what it looks like to have been smoking weed for 30 days? [Crazy] [ROTFL] Glad you had a great time! How long of a drive was it for you?

Shiloh, Charlotte T is supposed to be very good from what I hear! I have Beau on coastal grass hay, 24/7 and I was feeding him Strategy. A good feed but still higher in fat and protein than I like for him. I just put him back on Purina Horse Chow 100 which is 10% protein and 3% fat intsead of 14% and 6%. He gets nutty on to much protein and fat. I add oats if I think he needs more energy. I can't wait to see pics of the arena. I need to go get the PVC pipe and do my letters. Right now I just have stupid cones that blow all over the place in the wind.

C.S.A. sounds like a great show. You must have been impressing that lady with some good ol' basic dressage. Good for you! Jingles for your trainers SO.

E.S. Adamcins is really nice. My friend boarded my old mare there for 5 1/2 years and loved it. They take good care of the place, the horses, the grounds, the arenas, etc.... Very nice place. If I lived in Tucson on that side of town and had to board I would board there. They do have several different trainers come in for different disciplines, so I bet they would let Anna come there. I know of two good shoers in Tucson. That's it! Ha. But they aren't just good, they are awesome.

It's thunder storming today. We aren't getting much rain but other areas are. North of us had some straight line winds come through and do a lot of damage. Very close to my rental house. But it's fine.

My ankle feels much better this a.m. I did stay home from work though. Can not imagine trying to hobble around a high school. It's testing week anyway, so good day for me to stay home and I can't ride cause of the weather. So ought to be feeling much better by tomorrow.

That's funny about Beau. I HAVE to keep Lucy on a high-protein feed or she goes nuts. At least 14%, and she still needs alfalfa. Right now she is just getting soaked alfalfa cubes and SmartPak's vitamin/mineral supplement. They also get a lot of coastal hay, and the grass is coming in nicely. Miss Lucy also goes nuts on Strategy. I think its all the sugar in it.

I think I am going to do that clinic. I am nervous about riding in front of people, but I need a lesson on Lucy. I haven't had a lesson on her in 2 years. And its very close and very affordable. Plus it will offer me a chance to network some.

My FIL thinks he has an OLD bucket of white paint, so I can paint my $8 dressage arena! Of course, once I do letters I will have to buy pipe, and that will increase my cost some. Maybe it'll then be the $30 dressage arena. Hehe!

Hey guys!

Boocoo, That sounds painful! I wonder if Beau was fully aware of where his foot was? My horse did that to me one time, and I swear, he knew it too! I ended up losing my toe nail, and I had to walk an XC course that same night... Oh, it was a painful weekend. Hope you heal up quickly!

Shiloh, I should try composting... I did grow some cherry tomatoes last year successfully (I guess if you can call it successful). We got some nice tomatoes... I also tried beets and carrots. The weeds took over; I couldn't make out the difference between weeds and the plants. I ended up just scrapping the carrots and beets. .... I was going to ask how your arena was coming along! Kudos to you! You could paint the letters on the RR ties (?) or use mailbox adhesive letters. I don't know; just some ideas... Chad trims the horse's feet. I got Chad to finally trim Jag's feet yesterday. I actually used the rasp to file down the toe a little; Chad commented that I did a "balanced" job! It's actually pretty easy! I'm hoping to learn more about trimming feet.

Eventer, I bet you're exhausted. We got to watch some of the stadium on tv (Universal Sports). It was pretty exciting! I was drooling over those horses and riders! Glad you had fun, aside from the allergies and long drive.

Beck, your Beckham boy sounds like a really nice guy! You just seem so happy with him!

KTS, It sounds like you handled the situation just right! When it comes to horses, sometimes we don't have the best grasp of our limits.

Tracy, hehe, we were looking at a 3 year old filly (a Welsh X mini) for Shannon... I laughed when I read your post about parents who get a young horse for their child... oh how cute, until someone gets hurt or until the pony is ruined for life from improper training, lol. If we do end up with this pony, Chad and I would do the training. The pony is such a sweetie to handle; loves head hugs, lets you mess with her feet, lets the owner sit on her back (although she's not broke yet), leads around like a puppy dog, etc. I don't know... Shannon will out grow a pony rather quickly, but I think I would enjoy having the pony around just as a companion for Jag, a little "project" for Shannon (to practice handling horses), and, well, there WILL be more grandchildren in the family who could enjoy the pony. Her name is Jade. The deal is, Jade's buddy, Pepper needs to find a home before Jade can leave Pepper's side. If we took Jade home with us yesterday, Pepper would had had a fit. We're waiting for a guy who's interested in Pepper to buy Pepper so that we can take Jade. BTW, these ponies are only 4 miles from our farm. The owner uses the same vet that we use, so there's no reason to do a vet check as our vet has already done that!! Here's a link to Pepper and Jade's picture. Jade is the sorrel on the right side.

http://www.doublewacres.net/otherhorses.html

Just to show that Jaggar CAN be pretty :-) (he was modeling a bridle for an ebay auction)

IMG_0416.jpg

Edited by Sylves

Aww, he looks so handsome Slyves! Much sleeker than my ponies with their fuzzies coming out.

Protein in feed is often misunderstood. It needs to be taken as a measurement of their total intake, including hay and grass. I can get more indepth later.

boocoo - Glad your ankle's doing better already! I just got back from Adamcins. It is really nice, very close to my house, and depending on where your horse is (barn, corrals, etc) board is near or less than where I'm at now? but there's a waiting list. But they have my name so they'll let me know. They have three instructors on site though, including a dressage instructor, and they said they've closed the facility to outside instructors. Bleh. That one I'll have to think about. I also went to look at the other place, although I couldn't find it listed in the phone book so I just drove by where the other boarder said it was. There was no sign, but if what I saw is the place, there's no way. I don't get how she said it was nice? There was a dressage court so I'm thinking it might be the place, but... no thank you.

Sylves - I think it's different when the kid's parents are horse people and can school the horse or pony. You wouldn't even let Shannon on until the pony was safe, I'm sure. As long as the pony will be big and well boned enough that you can get on and school her yourself when she's grown, I don't see problem.

Edited by e.s.dressage

Yeah Shiloh, Beau is the opposite. He has a really high metabolism and does so much better on a lower protein feed. Course he is on grass and hay 24/7 so he gets a lot of protein from that as well. He does not do well on high fat, high protein diets at all. I have tried them all. I really do think each horse's feed needs are totally individual. What works for one, is not necessarily going to work for the other. I like Beau best on Horse chow 100 and grass hay, or Strategy and grass hay. He usually needs more energy in the summer when it's hotter and that's when I will put him on Strategy, but if he does well with the Horse chow and oats, I won't do that. KTS, I have a super great book on nutrition that really explains a lot and gives one a real good idea on how to best feed their horse.

Sylves, Jag looks all nice and sleek in that photo. A pony will actually last Shannon a very long time, depending on the size of the pony. Most little girls are thin and don't weigh much and ride those little stinkers into their early teens, unless they are wanting to get competitive.

I better go get my son!

Sylves, I was referring to non-horsey parents buying a pretty horse (like a 5 yo green broke tb) for their very inexperienced child riders (preteen girls, usually).

So how hard IS it to learn to trim your own horse's hooves? My current farrier is great. But *if* I end up moving, I don't know how hard it will be to find a good farrier. I've had too many farriers give trims that took several trims to recover from. My current farrier lives west of where I currently live, and if I move it is likely to be to a small town 90 miles to the east and south. I'll ask him tomorrow if he knows anyone good who travels to where I'd be, but I'd just as soon learn how to do this myself. Then I can be anal and keep Fessor correctly trimmed!

I had an interesting ride yesterday. I'm not sure what I had in mind to work on, but changed plans when I got on. Fessor was distinctly lazy. So rather than work on anything in particular, we just focused on relaxed and forward. I only rode for half an hour or so, then called it a day. At least I was able to adjust rather than get frustrated. Hopefully it was just a lazy day. There IS one horse in the barn running a fever. Fessor's temp was normal though, so hopefully he just didn't like the humidity.

Tracy

Tracy

Sylves- Ponies last forever :) Here's a 20 [plus something year old gal and I'm still riding ponies. Yup had a great time! Stadium day was awesome. Lucinda Fredericks was very emotional. It was AWESOME. I was so thrilled for her. NBC will be broadcasting in 2 weeks so make sure you look for it. OH and my friends and I were on camera! HAHAH. We looked up at the big Tron TV and there we were! Pretty funny. Jag looks beautiful in that pic! Lovely!

Boocoo- It was about 9 hours. Gadzooks! West Va. took forever. We have to go across the whole thing! Hope your ankle is feeling better! I missed what happened to it?

Shiloh- OMG it was terrible. My eyes were itchy and I kept sneezing. Next year we go I'm bringing drugs just in case! Can't wait to see pics of your arena!

ES- yup! My eyes were bloodshot to heck! I was like HOLY they will all think I've been smoking pot! Dang!

Hot here today! Not time to ride the ponyboy. He is getting a bit of a vacation w/ me at Rolex and papers due tomorrow. OH YEH Last week of the semester! WOOHOO! And I'm officially a senior! :thud: It took me long enough! Working on creating an album for Rolex then will post the pics of the weekend!

OMG Man O' War stride was HUGE take a look at this pic.

stride.jpg

Marker on the left starts his stride marker all the way to the right ends his stride! I'm the gal in the blue.

Jade may be on the small side, although I do know that she can support my weight. If nothing else, we could turn Ms. Jade into a little driving pony! Surprisingly enough, her trot is half way decent, even though her shoulder is kind of straight... Oh well, it's a pony. The pony has the right atttitude. I'm crossing my fingers that the other guy wants Pepper so that we can have Jade. Otherwise, there's a gal who would like both of the ponies... I'd take both, but if Pepper is as dependent on Jade as I saw yesterday, that would become an issue.

I just bought a pink halter for a mini/pony :-) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260398117010

I figure I could use my dog's black leather leash for a lead.

Question, what kind of tack would be best for starting a young child? I first considered our children's western saddle (Chad's first saddle... aww), but the horn has me a bit concerned (what if she hits it with her nose, or something). Then I considered a new leadline saddle, but then got thinking about stirrups and how they can be unsafe. I considered bareback pads, but then remembered how the pads would slip sideways. THEN I remembered watching Klimke's kid riding that one horse with a vaulting surcingle!!!! BINGO! What do you think of this for Shannon?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120332966178

Where else could I find an affordable vaulting/therapeutic surcingle? What do you guys think?

Eventer, my gosh, that's a big stride! I know this is probably true with at least 50% of all American bred TB's, but Jaggar has Man Of War in his bloodlines :-)

Edited by Sylves

That's a long stride 3day. I remeber seeing that when I was at the Horse Park a few years ago. I loved the draft barn and the farrier barn. So cool. I was there watching my niece show dressage at the Pony Club Regionals 50th year Jubilee. They had cake and icecream for everyone at the grand opening ceremony. There were at least 10,000 people there.

It is t-storming here pretty good right now.

Sylves, as young as Shannon is, I would start her in a small childs western saddle, helmet, boots of course and they would probably have to be little pink ropers. She is not likely to hit her nose on a western saddle that fits her. And if she did, something else really bad is happening to make that happen. so quit worrying about what awful things could happen and just be safe, cautious and have fun!

sylves - OK, if you're going to have your daughter riding, you're going to have to put aside the worry because it'll translate to everybody involved, pony and child! Be mellow, be safe, make sure you always set everybody up to succeed and everything will be fine.

My daughter used to have a pony, but she ended up not taking to riding so we sold him. He was small but very well built so I could get on and school him, and I used to pony him off of Echo on the trail, so my daughter and I ended up riding all over the mountains and beaches in Oregon! There was only one time when she hurt herself falling off, in several years of riding him.

I started her with a little western saddle, but found out that what worked best (we still have it!) was the child's Wintec with the little pommel handle. That's a great little saddle and is light enough for the kids to lift. I then used the stirrups with the elastic band that pops off if there's pressure on it, so it would release her if need be. She always wore a helmet, and I even had a little protective vest if I was taking her on "rough" trails.

Here's a pic (and you can see Echo dressed western-style!)

oregon1.jpg

edited to add this one. Dang he was a cute pony!

twinkie2.jpg

My daughter still rides Echo sometimes, but just isn't into it enough to justify keeping a pony. I think I was more bummed than she was to let him go! Cutey patutey pony? :tongue9:

Edited by e.s.dressage

E.S. to bad Adamcins won't let you bring in your own trainer. I hate that at boading stables. I am sure not going to use theirs just cause they won't let mine come there. I used to haul to Anna from one place on the east side cause they would not let her come there. That is a great picture of you and your daughter. What an adorable pony.

There was an F1 tornado east of where my rental house is this a.m. It is about an hour north of where I am now. Did a lot of damage to mostly mobile homes. We are still having heavy thunder, but not a lot of rain down here.

Awww, cute pony! There's not much better than a cute little pony with a good attitude. Too many ponies I've come across have a little too much "ponytude". :D

Tracy

Oh my goodness e.s, PONY!! How adorable is he?!!?!

Sylves, I'll second the wintec pony pad! Theyre like the vaulting surcingle, but more like a saddle. Or we always start the little kids in one of our little Asutralian stock saddles, security, but without the horn. Whatever way, I'm sure she'll be fine, kids start out in all sorts of things and end up OK.

I've been a bad chit chatter, I read, but I'm so tired I don't get around to replying. So I thought I'd pop in and say Hi, and I'll try and keep up!

E.S. to bad Adamcins won't let you bring in your own trainer.

And double-bummer that I don't have a trailer right now. I sold my big truck and trailer because I didn't really need that much space and power, and was planning to downsize to a 2-horse that my fianc?'s Durango could safely haul, but now the darned economy has me backing off of any big purchases. So, I'm trailer-less for the foreseeable future and won't be able to haul out for lessons either. Guess it doesn't matter just yet anyway, as there are no stalls available at Adamcins.

Edited by e.s.dressage

Hum, glad I read this before bidding on that therapeutic/vaulting surcingle. We do have Chad's "baby" saddle- western.

OMGosh, ESD, that is one CUTE pony!!!!! Jade isn't even half that cute... How many hands was the pony? How old? Oh man, that's just pure CUTE!

Thanks for the support!

Boocoo, hang in there. I looks like some nasty weather down your way. I hope you have a basement. What do you do with Beau during these storms? Oh, yeah, remember that lightening can carry through the phone line and hit your computer. It took our computer because we still had the phone line plugged in; we heard a snap and saw a spark. It's a good thing I was doing dishes and Chad was grading papers, otherwise one of us would had been on the computer! Take it easy!

OMGosh, ESD, that is one CUTE pony!!!!! Jade isn't even half that cute... How many hands was the pony? How old? Oh man, that's just pure CUTE!

Thanks! He was 6 when we bought him, and a little over 11 hands. Small, but he could carry me no problem (then again, I'm tall but ?ber slender, so not very heavy).

Here are a couple more pics that I found. I miss Twinkie!!!

OK, now I've seriously got to get some work done. Too much goofing off today!

sums.twinks.jpg

cutetwinkssums.jpg

That's a long stride 3day. I remeber seeing that when I was at the Horse Park a few years ago. I loved the draft barn and the farrier barn. So cool. I was there watching my niece show dressage at the Pony Club Regionals 50th year Jubilee. They had cake and icecream for everyone at the grand opening ceremony. There were at least 10,000 people there.

Small world! That was the only year I competed at nationals . . . what level did she do? I was 1st level.

KTS, are you going to expand on protein? I am anxious to hear about it!! Oh and my niece was also doing first level that year. She was with a club from Wichita, KS area and she rode a big grey horse for her dressage and a bay TB for her jumping and cross country.

E.S. yeah, my friend was on a waiting list at Adamcins also. She had a stall within 30 days though. Those are adorable pictures. I want a pony!!! [bat Eyelashes]

Sylves, are computer does not hook up to the internet through any phone line. We have an antennae that it hooks up to and our computer is configured to the anntenae. The line goes from the computer directly to the antennae, although I am sure that could get zapped by lignthing as well! Beau is in his barn when it is lightning and thundering and raining. We do not have a basement, but we honestly don't get that many big tornados this far south. We are kind of just south of tornado alley down here. Do you get a lot of them up there? That one was an F1 which is about 85 to 90 mph winds. Still to strong for my liking!!

shiloh, Charlette is wonderful. I really love her. She reallys like Layla and I always score wonderfully under her. I dont think Ive score under a 62 with her and shes usually giving us around 65-67. Def clinic with her if you can. Ive never cliniced with her but shes fair and consistant.

Sylves, wow look at Jag. He looks great. Such a difference you have done with him. And a pony for Shannon?? ooooo

3Day, holy stride batman. Very crazy!

Funny all this talk about feed. Layla gets a ration balancer, which is just all of the vits and minerals. Then I add in SmartGain, which is a 20% fat supplement that also has a pre and pro biotic and appetite stimulant in it, all in a flax based meal for the omega 3's and 6's. She also gets beet pulp for more fiber and LOTS of T/A cubes and alfalfa pellets. Ive also started her back on L Lysine to get more amino acids into her. When I put her on the lysine, she bulks up like crazy because those are the building blocks in protein and muscles. She also eats about 20lbs organic O/A. A lot of people freak when they see that the ration balancers are like 27% protein. But most of the complete feeds that are 12 or 14% protein are that much PER POUND for a guarenteed analysis. So its all relative.

I was riding Layla tonight and omg. The trot work. Amazing. Ya know when you watch the upper level riders and they have their horses coming so UP and out of the wither with their topline bulging and they can change flexion with one smooth bend and the whole ligament flips over and all? Yeh. We had THAT going on. And then the cell phone rings and the hay guy was here so I had to get off! Pooey but I have a lesson on Wednesday so hopefully I will get that again.

Speaking of hay. I LOVE 3rd cutting hay. LOVE. IT. This O/A is dark, emerald green. I could smell it 1 mile down the road as I was driving into the neighborhood. Its just amazing. You canadians are lucky! This is organically grown in Canada and its just lovely.

Anyways, gotta get ready for bed. Our receptionist is sick again so today I was working up front trying to get everyones insurance in line, check patients out, set up appointments, etc etc etc. It was a little crazy and then everyone kept canceling and my boss was in tweak out mode. Yeh. And its all the same tomorrow. Oy vey.

Oh, KTM, talk about hay! We grow alfalfa in on our acerage! I LOVE the smell, and the best part is that my allergies have subsided since I've moved here! I used to be miserable during the entire summer because of the tassels on the corn, the hay, the dust... but now I'm FINALLY getting over it. Oh, the smell is to die for!

I'm having fun with this idea of a pony. Chad and I would have to put in a lot of time and work into the pony. Jade is only 3, fully halter broke, but that's about all. The owner has sat on Jade on a few occassions without an upset. She even sat her 6 year old on the pony a couple times. Her kids lead the pony all over the place. Jade is just a sweetie, yet not pushy! Her sire is a mini and her dam is either a welsh or a shetland. The ad shows "shetland" but I recall the owner telling me that she was a welsh.

Boocoo, if you don't get many tornados in your area, a F1 is probably pretty scary. We get wind gusts up near 60-70 that flipped over our ridiculously oversized grill that must weigh at least 200 lbs. I remember it clearly; I was frantically rushing the horses into their yards/stalls as the wind gusts were jetting past me. We were suddenly in a tornado and severe T-storm watch. When I got home (thankfully in one piece), the first thing I noticed was that darn grill toppled over on it's side. It just missed my car by an inch... It took three men to lift that grill back into place.

We have a cellar under our house. I guess you could call it a basement. I tend to call it a cellar because it's creepy down there. Low ceiling (you have to duck your head), cement floor, damp walls, musty air, not the cleanest place in the world. Yuck. When that tornado ripped through the boyscout camp in western Iowa, we had to make a run for it in our basement. There were a lot of tornados that night... it was awful.

Okay, gotta go to bed! Thanks for stopping me from buying a vaulting surcingle! The children's western saddle will do!

Edited by Sylves

Sylves, I lived in Ok. for a while and we had a lot of tornado warnings there and alsoa lot in TN. when we lived there. The town we lived in, in TN was completely destroyed by tornados in 06', a year after we left!!! They do get them here, but not as often and as big as some of the ones further north. We do have tornado watches, quite often in the spring time, but rarely do we get any. Course there is always that chance. I think our air mass stays to warm on both sides of the fronts, hence not as many tornados, but now and then that cold air will hit the warm and make for perfect tornado conditions. I can do without them.

The pony will be fun. I bet you will enjoy that and so will Shannon.

Sylves, I hope that Jade works out for you. :)

I'm waiting on a call back from a massage therapist that an acquaintance recommended. I'm tired of the stiff neck/shoulder that has been bothering me for the last several days. I'm hoping she can get me in this week. Besides, it would be a nice way to treat myself for my birthday. :) Who knows, once the muscles are loosened maybe I'll be able to stretch a bit. lol

The farrier will be out at the barn late this afternoon. I'm going to see if he knows anyone in SE Iowa that he can recommend. Otherwise, I'll have him show me in detail how he trims Fessor and get some pointers. If I can't find a GOOD farrier, I will probably want to learn how to trim Fess myself. Hopefully I won't jinx my prospects on the job front by looking for equine professionals in the area before I have a job offer! Note to self -- see if the vet can recommend a good vet in the area...

I am probably going out to dinner with some friends tomorrow night for my birthday. I'll have to decide where I'd like to go. Preferably some place that doesn't sing for guest's birthdays and that has yummy, chocolatey desserts. :D Hmmm. Or maybe one of the Japanese places that prepares the meals right at the table. It's a little pricer than I normally go for, but a lot of fun! Or some good Italian, or or or... I received some money from my parents for my BD. Most of it will go to pay off bills, but a little bit will be for me to have some fun. Hence the massage and dinner. Then we'll see. There's a tack store in Cedar Rapids that is a Stubben dealer and carries Equissentials. I might take a road trip and check them out. Especially since it looks like I've probably sold my nice saddle that I no longer use. I don't want to go crazy, but can spend a little bit on myself and my critters.

Have a good day, everyone. It's a splendid spring day in Iowa, with bright sunshine, mild temperatures, and early blooming trees in full flower. I plan to spend some time at the barn and enjoy the weather, especially since we have a chance of rain tomorrow. See you later!

Tracy

You guys get so chatty:-)

ES-Those are the cutest pictures ever!! So darn adorable!!

Sylves and ES-My brother went through a series of ponies (he is 10 years younger then me.) He was never totally into it, I think my mom was more. He did some leadline classes and a little 4-H. The first pony we had was a sweetheart, and didn't live very long. Then we had Sugar, that lived to be 39; he never really rode her much, she was a pet. In the middle of that we had Dusty, the cutest little palomino with a little head and ears...and he was a snot. He bucked everybody off. So we sent him back to the pony guy and tried out another one named Ginger...she needed to go back to her horse companion and we missed Dusty, so we took him back. He drove and we had a cart and harness for him. If the kids wanted to ride I had to get on him first and make sure he was listening. My brother eventually outgrew him and the pony dealer wanted him back. This was a long time ago...Dusty is now in his 20's and lives not far from us and we see him in parades all of the time. My farrier trims him and knows the people who own him very well. I said I would take him if they ever wanted to get rid of him; but they said that would never happen...hahaha. I am glad they love him so much.

3Day-I am glad you had a great time! Enjoy the end of your semester...I studied for a test that isn't until next Tuesday. I hate that class.

Tracy-Yay! Enjoy your birthday and eat lots of chocolate cake!!!!

Boocoo-We get tornadoes here...had one hit my friend's house the next street over a few years ago and had one go right past the barn in 2000 and take down a huge electrical tower. I have the cat carriers and everything set up in the basement bathroom when we need to go downstairs...I panic big time.

KTM-I was sneezing my head off just hearing you talk about fresh hay:-)

It is drizzly here today, but it is warm and it smells so good! Everything is so green and pretty! It is a day off for the Beckham...if it is nice I might hop in Winston tonight! Have a great day everyone!

Beck, when did you say your show was? And what tests are you showing? I am showing this weekend. First 2 and First 4. Depending on how we do on Sat. I may not show on Sun. If I get lower than a 60% I will at least do First 4 on Sun. If I get between a 60 and 62, I probably won't, cause I will have my score for SWDC. If I get a 62 or higher, than I will, cause I will need one more for Regionals over 62. So just going to play it by ear.

Our weather is clearing up today and I do believe I can get a boot on, so I can go home, drag my arena and ride this afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can do all this!!!

Boocoo-It is May 9th...I am only doing one day since it is a little farther away and that Sunday is Mother's Day. I am doing T-4 and 1-1. I just mailed in the entries for June 13-14th and I signed up for T-4 and 1-1 both days. I want to try to qualify for training level and I need 4 more scores over 60 at T-4 to finish his Certificate of Merit at training level. (I guess we are starting on the first level one also.) There is another show the following weekend farther away that I will probably do one day at, then second weekend in July is here, so 2 days again. Starting in June I will be doing two shows per month since ours go away pretty quick...

I think I can do 1-4 in my sleep after showing Shelby in it all summer. If I do end up taking her back out sometime this year it will be at 2nd.

Hmm, only 2 weeks...that makes me nervous...I have another lesson on Friday.

Gosh ES that pony is CUTE!!

Boocoo- good luck @ your show! Hope nothing got blown away during the storms! yikes! Yes it is a BIG stride 28feet of stride!

Sylves- hope you get the pony! The name Jade makes me sad though. My potential FEI pony was named Jade :( I lost her a few years ago to a pencillian reaction.

Beckham- got home from Rolex and wanted to curl up in a ball. I have/had so much to do in the last 2 days! way too many papers! But only one more paper to go and that's it! WOOT! I have a presentation in my night class tonight that I'm so BSing. Good luck during finals week. They suck.

Finally got out and rode! Scotch was terrific today! Surprised as he hasn't been ridden since last Wednesday! It is very hot out here so went for a nice hack and did some trotting and cantering in the indoor when we got home. He also got a nice cool bath :) Got trainer's schedule for the month of May.... he's still trying to figure out when he'll be home for some short term training. YH coaching starts up this month so he'll be out of state on most weekends. BOO. So might just go down for a day until he has his schedule set. Thinking about taking Scotch to an unrec. show in June. Might do 2-1 and 2-2. But it all depends on how this month goes.

Also might be getting a project pony. He's very cute! We'll see what my schedule is like and if his owner can move him closer to me.