Sign in to follow this  
sylvesmiller

Dressage Cap Chat #25

Sylves, has he had a tetanus shot recently? If so, he should be fine, but I would still have the vet out to make sure there is nothing stuck in the wound, and maybe for some antibiotics.

My fiance has been feeding hay recently, and he mentioned last night that we were low on hay. I didn't realize until today that he meant we were almost completely out! We have enough for tonight, but we might have to stop somewhere and get a bale for tomorrow morning.

About to go ride but had to pop in...

I just got off the phone with the receptionist at work. How about her and the hygienist BOTH just put in their 2 weeks today?! The Dr is FREAKING out and having a total meltdown. And I am the one left to have to deal with it. I mean, I totally do not blame them but oy vey. Its going to get very interesting....

Off to ride the pony.

If it's not hot or any more swollen- I'd just hose or scrub with nolvasan ointment and wait and see.

Shantel, that sucks! At least you'll be even more indispensable!

Popping in to say Hi! Lots of chatting going on! Started housesitting today so it will be a busy week. Not much else is new...had a jump lesson the other day and it was fantastic!! The mare I rode is a ton of fun to jump! :)

Currently watching Finding Nemo...haha love it.

Best get to bed....have to be up @ 6am to feed and head to work. Gadzooks!

Have a good night all!

Shantel, oh boy! Are you ready for a rollarcoaster ride, or what! That dentist sounds like he has some serious problems; is he possibly going through a divorce or something? Depression maybe? What a mess!

Eventer, have fun housesitting! I used to love house sitting! It's a great way to make money!

The vet came to our barn around 5 this evening. Before he arrived, I shaved the area and gave Jag a full grooming. The vet looked everything over thoroughly, and he felt that it was not a bad wound. If it had penetrated the tendon sheath, Jaggar would be unmistakably lame and the heat and swelling would be much more intense. We looked at the tiny cut and decided that it was superficial (although without MRI/xray, it's impossible to tell 100%). Based on the facts that Jaggar wasn't TOO sensitive to the touch and he wasn't limping, the vet suggested cold hosing and maybe some bute to help the swelling. I asked about poulticing with newspaper/paperbag (not suran wrap) to help draw out the heat and swelling; he okayed it. I bought a tube of bute and a bottle of Kopertox from him, and he left.

I cold hosed for at least 20 minutes, then I poulticed and wrapped. He was so relaxed with the poultice wraps!

Then I worked with Miss Jade. She's starting to let me pick up her hind feet! She is already lunging perfectly!

Here's Jaggar with the messy poultice wraps:

IMG_1134.jpg

Edit to write: Jag is standing on a slight incline (just in case something looks NQR to you)

PS, It looks like it's time to put a little more weight on him... Going to add corn oil to his feed.

Edited by Sylves

Shantel, Oie ve' indeed!!! [shocked] Just take a deep breathe and hang in there. You can handle it!

Sylves, glad the Vet. said it wasn't a bad wound.

Hauled Beau over to the show grounds this afternoon and then rode him. He did very well. I was quite pleased with him. I am so glad I am only doing one test on him tomorrow. Get him once, warm him up good, do my test and we are done! [Jump] My canter lengthenings are not going to be to great, because we are in that same arena and I am not taking any chances of him slipping again. So they will be a bit modest, but I am just going to school him anyway. Not worried about much else.

If any of you ladies wear an XL for shirts, here is a LOVELY Kerrits polo riding shirt for only $25, new, on EBAY! I just purchased a shirt just like in in my size! I noticed that these shirts were just listed a couple hours ago! They just look beautiful! I can't wait for my shirt to arrive!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kerrits-Polo-Shirt-XL-...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Boocoo, GOOD LUCK! Have fun.

Edited by Sylves

Sylves, his weight looks just perfect. He's a TB, so you don't want him fat. Most of them are naturally more lean. Unless you can see ribs, he's just fine.

Thanks everyone, for your support and help. I truly appreciate it! I've gotten loads better in the past few days but the recovery is just. so. slow. and. long. I've never been a patient person, really. Today was my first day back to work, a four-hour shift since my manager was really understanding, and she gave me the most non-customer related jobs possible and was super helpful. I was still pretty burnt after that shift though and completely faded by the end so after my shift, I just came home and slept for an hour and a half!

I've got so much school work to catch up on so I don't fail my finals that it is wigging me out. I'm freaking out about it. I know I'm lucky that I can even go back to school this upcoming Monday, but it still doesn't relieve my anxiety about trying to graduate with a TBI.

I still can't wait until I see the pony. I don't know when I can but soon. Can't wait.

Shiloh--Thanks so much for sharing with me! [Huggy] You hit it exactly on the nose. I have a TBI but we are really, really lucky. I haven't seen a large personality shifts in although my anxiety level has shot through the roof and I get really wigged out unless someone else intervenes and tells me to cut it out. Otherwise, we've been really lucky with my TBI not permanently affecting my personality. And you really nailed the other thing on the had too---TBIs range so much and they are different for each and every case that you can only rely on textbooks so far which is why I feel so blessed with my neurologist. He is superb and very thorough, taking in every details and building my whole case from the ground up. I'm so sorry you had to go through a TBI with personality changes which makes the whole recovery such a rollercoaster. And I'm glad that you have such a great mother who was willing to stick by your side and really learn and take the time to figure all of it out, despite a terrible hospital! I'm sorry about the PM box being full, I'll go try to empty it out right now.

Dobby, you're very lucky to have a wonderful neurologist. I didn't, and I think that's part of what's taken me so long. Plus I had several head injuries over the years, and the one I had in college where I passed out and hit the wood floor was really the first bad one. I just never recognized the symptoms as related to that fall, and I also didn't recognize that the weird twitchy thing I had after it was actually a seizure!

Just take care of yourself, and be careful not to push yourself too hard. Fatigue is totally normal after almost all TBI's, and that is usually one of the last things to go away. Anxiety is also relatively common, so doing what you can to keep yourself calm will be important. Your family sounds very supportive, which is really the most important thing. I am very lucky not only to have a supportive family, but my fiance is also totally understanding of me if I am feeling crappy and need to cancel dinner plans with his family, or if we get somewhere and its too loud he will bring me home, things like that.

So Lucy and I had a mini come-to-Jesus meeting today about flexing right without getting in a big hurry to circle right. For some odd reason, we can half-pass and HI to the left and it's nice, but to the right she *just cannot* do it. So dangit we were not quitting until I could walk with her bent to the right and not have her rush off into a little circle. It was not an easy message to get across, and there really is no good reason why she needs to circle if I touch my right rein.

So we finally got some HI and HP with right bend. It was ugly, but we did it. Oh well, at least the canter is really nice, and the collected trot is getting darned lovely.

Sylves - Jag's weight looks fine. What was the poulticing for? Glad the little bump on his fetlock was superficial. Since he's not lame, did the vet say to just go ahead and keep riding him?

dobby - Your manager sounds like a wonderful boss! It's easy to say from over here, but try not to stress too much about the finals. With the situation, I wonder if your professors would be willing to set up an alternative kind of testing? Maybe like breaking the finals into halves or thirds to make it less taxing on you, if you bring in a letter from your neurologist?

shiloh - Sounds like things are progressing well with Lucy, even if it's not all at once, it's brick by brick as they say and you will get there! By the way, your fiance sounds so wonderful and supportive of you. You picked well :)

It was incredibly hot here today and I didn't get out to the barn as early as I hoped, so we ended up riding in the heat of the day. Had a wonderful ride on X anyway, and gave her a nice bath after to cool us BOTH down! Looking forward to my lesson tomorrow which will be my last one at this barn until I move to the new one. WOOT!

shiloh---You are so wise and understanding. I'm so lucky to have this neurologist and frankly, I'm lucky to be in a physical state in which I can sit here and tell you that! Quite lucky. I'm going to take a slow as possible but it is just so hard. You have to adjust your life a bit, and I was always the person in the fast lane, burning the wick at both ends by trying to do *everything*. I think the life style change bothers me the most.

e.s.---That is a great suggestion! I talked to my mom about a possible modified form of testing but I doubt that will work, and I doubt that breaking it down into time sections would work either (although they are great ideas) simply because my school is fighting me in every way manageable! My high school has a note in the guidance office, the main office, the attendance office, the nurses office and to each individual teacher and all the sudden on Thursday we get tons of messages on the machine and automated ones too from the attendance office and principal about how I'm missing too much school and how they are going to take me to court!!! Talk about failure to communicate between your own offices. Seriously! Additionally, I've been out for 8 days. They didn't call on the first day or any of the other days, so we assumed that, you know, the neurologist's note didn't cause any problems and that I was in the clear. Wrong! So hopefully they will let me graduate....? It is just such a battle with this school. They fought me when I originally had a note from my dad, a doctor, excusing my early dismissals/occasional absences from school due to the concussion, and they haven't stopped. *end rant* Sorry, it is just really frustrating when I'm trying to get better and I've got some blind, stupid institution telling me to get my butt into court. I have a doctor's note. I don't skip. I'm an honors kid, an NHS kid, in the AP classes, speaking at graduation, the whole nine yards! :rolleye0014: You think they would figure it out. Sorry to rant, but it is just too ridiculous.

I'm trying to get as much make-up work done as possible, but in the end, I won't be able to do so, so hopefully I will manage to scrape by in math class (I can't fail!) and graduate. I go back to school tomorrow. Maybe in the afternoon, after my nap, I can convince someone to drive me out to the barn so I can groom and give some loving to the pony. It has been too long!

ilovedobby- [Huggy] Sorry to hear about school. Try not to stress to much over it.Sometimes the education can be so blind to what a student needs.

ES- How was the lesson. When are you moving?

Boocoo-How did the show go?

shiloh-Sounds like Lucy can be a stinker. Those some-to-Jesus moments are what frustrates me. I feel like I get way to harsh on the horse.

3Day- [smiley Wavey]

So the show went ok. Just another little fun gaming show. I have a terrible tendency to grip with my knees for the stop. Well first class I went to grip and sort of popped myselg out of the saddle. I had s "gracefulo" dismount and twisted my ankle a bit. Nothing bad I just can't put my full weight on it. Halfway through the show my Horse's hack breaks. in the middle of the run. Manage to safely stop. I had a spare bit thankfully.

The next morning was the clinic. It was fantastic. The trainer teaching techniques was great for me and Cheese. It was just what we needed. At first he had me warm Cheese up to see where we at. After a little canter each way he had us stop and said "She is a little Hot Rod isn't she?" It made me giggle a bit.He corrected where I was looking (I was looking to far ahead) and that really helped my drop the shoulder problem. He had me ask for a bend with a little more of leading rein and more wrist action. The was no resistance from Cheese what so ever. Big deal for her. She showed no resistance through out the session. By the end her trot was wonderful. Definately going to take another clinic with him again. It may be awhile though. He is in Ca. so he doesn't come out to Pa. a lot. A friend video taped the session. So sooner or later I will have a video to share.

We're alive! My wondeful Pony Man was a star. Only called a couple of times this time around LOL. Only spooked once...

IMG_4808.jpg

:rotf:

Got a compliment from a fellow competitor! Was such a good boy!

IMG_4865copy.jpg

IMG_4917copy.jpg

Ate some straw he found in his stable

IMG_4818.jpg

Was an all around school pony turned show pony diva

IMG_4897copy.jpg

Went in 3 tests came home with 60% (1st) 63% (=2nd) and 64% (=2nd) 2nds against the big WB kids!!

Not too bad for a pony who less than 24 hours prior had 3 little kids on him at the same time, bareback, playing "rescue race" LOL

On the way home my instructor suggested we should try a "real competition" :twitch: Not just a little training day :twitch:

ETA: One more cause it's cute [bat Eyelashes]

IMG_4912copy.jpg

Edited by Lightning Strikes Twice

Dobby, you don't happen to go to Langley HS, do you? I had so much trouble with them when I had mono and pneumonia. I missed an entire month of school! I had to start back at school only doing half days, and I remember my PE coach making me run the mile.... My mom nearly had a cow when she found out; apparently my spleen could had ruptured....?

I am really surprised that your school's admin is being so nasty about your absences. Might it be time for your parents to have a conference with the principal? I would hope THAT would clear all confusion. If the school does end up taking you to court, you just get your neurologist and doctors involved; the school admin will feel like complete idiots!

ESD, yea for the move!!! I'm sorry it's so darn hot right now! It's the complete opposite up here; Jaggar has his medium weight blanket on right now because it's windy as all get out and 50. Plus, he has shedded out ALL of his winter coat.

Shiloh, you cracked me up with the "meeting with Jesus" inclusion! Holy smokes! Must had been a fun moment for you, lol!

CSA, wow, the hackamore broke??? It's a good thing you got her stopped and that you had a back up bit to use! Yea for the good clinic!

I've put riding on the back burner for a little bit while that swelling goes down and the hooves begin to improve. Chad was able to finally trim all four feet; we found out that Jag does best with 2 grams of bute and a nose twitch. Jag's feet look a lot better. I posted pictures of one hoof after this last trim on the hoof forum. Chocomare basically gave me the thumbs up, which makes me feel a WHOLE lot better!

I have been poulticing the last two nights; the first morning I noticed a little yellow pus that had drained (it was just under the dried poultice). I did not see any pus this morning. The swelling is localized. It hasn't gotten worse and it hasn't gotten better. The vet is not too concerned about an infection in the joint simply because Jag isn't totally swelled up, he's not too sensitive to the touch and he's not lame.

This morning Jaggar got away from me; he took off once he figured out that he was free and ran through the hay field like a beautiful race horse. When Jade did her little pony neigh, Jaggar rounded the corner and continued ***through the newly planted bean field*** (cringe) and he came to a skidding halt right in front of me.... He stood tall and proud, ears pricked, nostrils flared, eyes wide, tail elevated. He struck me at that moment as being a GORGEOUS animal, even though had just acted like a little stinker! I was relieved that he didn't go further during his race horse moment.

Edited to write: Jaggar is OBVIOUSLY not hurting too bad, lol! Little stinker!

Edited by Sylves

Well, finally had a foal. I'm exhausted, still have a bunch of things to do prior to going to bed way early tonight.

Photos on another thread in this forum.

Dobby, are you just getting automated messages? Or are actual human beings calling you regarding your attendance? If it's all automated, that can be a real pain to fix. Anyway, you have nothing to worry about with all your Doctor's backing you up. I agree with Sylves, your parents need to go in and meet with the Principal. And yeah, they should have it figured out if you are an honor student in all AP classes!! Good grief! But, don't worry about it and just stay on that road to recovery. You don't need any added stress.

Lightning, great job at the show. You guys look awesome.

Tempi, I posted on your foal post!!

C.S.A. glad you got so much out of the clinic. Was it a dressage clinic? Who was the clinician?

E.S. yes, it's really hot here as well already. But that leads me to the show yesterday....................

I hauled over on Fri. afternoon. Got Beau settled in his stall and then after I had everything un loaded I got him out to ride him. Didn't even longe him first. Saddled up with no hassles, jumped on him and went in the covered ring to school him. He was good, but a bit nervous of this footing. This is where he slipped last time. Got him to settle in and he worked really well. So Sat. a.m. I am paddock mistress and we get to about 10:30 when a wicked looking storm starts rolling in from the east. We look at the radar on someone's I-phone and it is looking really bad. It was not supposed to storm until 5 or 6 in the evening. It hit about 11:30. We put the show on hold, thinking it might blow over real quick? Eventually the thunder and lightning stopped, but the rain never let up. So we started back up the show anyway. A lot of people had already left though, including all the volunteers except me. So I was paddock mistress for the rest of the day. I opted to scratch Beau. Did not want to ride him in the ring, even though it was covered, the long side on the B side was soaking wet as was the short side on the A side. So would not have been a good thing for him and his feet. Basically I had to kind of make up the order of rides as I went. I did not know who had left, who was there, who wanted to ride, who didn't, and it was a real challenge to try and figure it all out at the same time I had to get the next rider in the ring, run through the rain to open and close the gate, boost people up on their horses, no mounting block in the ring, give them some warm up time, the outdoor warm up ring was a lake by now, and get them all going! Sheesh, why didn't they all just scratch? And then some people kept hauling in!! [Duh] Didn't they know it was pouring? One lady even added a test! Oie ve'! I had to find a scribe and a runner, the show manager was in the office and she ended up scoring and posting all the test results and answering her phone a zillion times, as people were calling to see what was going on with the show. So between us we managed to get about 20 more rides in! Man was I pooped. I had found a wonderful rain poncho that came all the way to my ankles, in the barn, so I donned that, and it looked like I was wearing a blue cape, so I became Super Paddock Mistress!!!!!!! [ROTFL] Fortunately non of the horses spooked at it. Everyone was great, we all pitched in and made it work. If Beau didn't have such bad feet, I would have gone ahead and ridden him, but I really did not think it was in his best interest at this time, for just a schooling show! He was dry and happy in his stall with lots of nice hay and neighbors on both sides. Life couldn't get any better!

Today is beautiful and sunny! Figures!!

Wow, everyone busy with shows and foals!!!

CSA-Glad you had fun at your gaming show! When is your next dressage/event?

Lightning- Woohoo!! Look at that pony! I am glad you are enjoying getting him out; you both seem to enjoy it! Some really nice shots of you two!

Boocoo-That sucks about the show. We lucked out...I watched a schooling show yesterday and it kept getting dark, but just drizzled. Then the skies opened up when we went out to dinner with my in-laws.

Sylves-Glad Jag's leg is healing...any idea what he did to it? I will check out his hoof shots on the other forum.

Shiloh-Ahhh, come to Jesus moments:-) Shelby and I had one last week and she was perfect for days afterwards!

ES-When are you moving to the other barn? End of this month?

I had a busy weekend with DH's birthday today...had dinner with his family yesterday and mine tonight. I went and watched some friends at a schooling show yesterday. Had a nice hack and then ring work ride on Beckham today with a few of my neighbors. I have another busy week starting with the farrier first thing in the morning. One of my great friends of 20 years is in town this week. We used to show QH circuit together. She is looking for a new horse, so we are going horse hunting on Thursday. I have a lesson on Friday if the weather holds. OH, it is Winston's 19th b-day today too!!

Have a great week everyone!!

I have cough syrup hiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!!!!!

That's all folks!

And I will be gone for a week- tues to tues for a friend's wedding in Aruba, so I haven't died from this common cold, if you guys miss me. :)

Well we had to have another bit of a CTJ meeting today too. Still determined she just cannot bend right while not turning right. In the end I got some nice HI to the right.

And we finally got a bit of rain!

Boocoo, that's insane about the show! I would have scratched too. My mare doesn't do rain.

KisstheSky- Have fun! The lady I'm housesitting for is in Aruba. How ironic! Enjoy the sun!

Lightning- You 2 look FABULOUS! you go girl! So glad that you had a great day with your beast! I am seeing improvement everytime you post pictures!

Dobby- gadzooks! Sorry to hear about your head and all. Hang in there kid... [Huggy]

Beckham- Got you PM. I'll pm ya back...i just haven't had time. :( Glad you had a great weekend w/ the hubby :)

Boocoo- hahahah sounds like an interesting weekend! I hate hate riding in the rain...never scratched b/c of it though. My first rec. XC phase was in the pouring rain! God I hated that! Ick ick ick.

Haven't had time to do anything this week. Tomorrow I'll get to ride Scotch and Leo so we shall see how it is. Time for bed...

LST-Lightning looks good even when he is spooking. The pic with the straw in the mouth is to cute.

Sylves-Sounds like Jag was a bit full of himself. At least he kept the run short and didn't totally destroy the planted field.

tempi-Congrats on the foal.

Boocooo-That sucks about the show.Kudos to for sticking it out and helping. I am sure the show manager really appreciated you staying. Yes it was a dressgae clinic. All I know is the guy's first name is ULF. His last name is hard to pronounce so everyone just calls himUlf. I know I should have researched him a bit more but he was highly recomended by two people I trust. It was a spur of the moment thing. I think I found out about it thurday.

Beck-Have fun horse shopping with your friend. It is not as exciting as when you are shopping for yourself but it is still fun. I may be doing a dressage show this weekend. A sriend of mine from the gaming show said she may be able to trailer me. If not I don't know when. My trainer did the towing for me . So it is kind of up in the air.Oh well if I don't get to show anymore thid year I can save up for a truck.

KTS-Enjoy the trip.

shiloh-Sometime you just got to love mares. The other times you just want to kill them.LOL>

After about 11 hours of sleep (with an hour of being awake somewhere in between naps) I am starting to feel human again.At leastI have the next couple of days off.

C.S.A. that was Ulf Wadeborn. You lucky, lucky dog. I did a ride a test for him once in California. He is awesome and loves my horse!!!!!!! He is such a great teacher. So glad you had a good experience with him. He was telling me that he was scoring in the 70's on an Appx. QH at PSG at the big dressage shows in California. He is one of the bnt's that has told me I can go far with Beau. That he is truly talented. If............. we can get his feet going that is. That should help his mental state of mind as well!

3day, I don't do rain! [ROTFL] Now then, if Beau's feet were in better shape, I would have gone ahead and rode in this show, cause it was in a covered ring, but the condition of the footing was not good for Beau, rain or not! Anyway, the folks that did ride deserve big kudos for their patience while I reorganized the show on the spot!

Shiloh glad you got some rain as well. We got close to 2". It was awesome, we so need the rain.

K-T-S have fun in Aruba. Just don't wander off by yourself in that bizarre little place!!! [shocked]

Beckham, sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend.

I am going to drag my arena tonight, ride tomorrow and the rest of this week, trail ride on Friday and lesson on Sat. Then the NB shoer comes next Thurs. I can't wait. I have been getting lots of great information on that horse hoof forum.

3 weeks left of school, then I'm done till Aug. 18th. Woot!

Boocoo-If I am lucky I will get a chance to do another one. There is a group of ladies who used to have him out once a month. His schedule is pretty booked solid but they are trying to do another one. They have to fill all the slots to make it worth his time to come all the way out to Pa. I just loved his style of teaching.I am kind of ignorant of the BNT and judges and dressage yet. I kind of consider that a good thing though. I don't get all nervous. The clinic was at a perfect time. With having issues with Cheese and lack of a trainer. I am excited to go ride dressga on my horse again. I just have to wait a couple of days. Cheese gets a couple days of well earned rest after the weekend.

Beck, sounds like a fun weekend with DH's birthday, dinners with the family, watching friends at shows and horse searching for someone other than yourself!

Boocoo, wow, that sounds like a Chinese firedrill n' a half! I'm sure your work was greatly appriciated!

Yea for the end of the school year! We will be done in two weeks!

KTS, I'm a little jealous- Aruba! I've been to the island once. Man, if the wind gets to blowing on the beach, prepare to be pelletted by the sand- OUCH! It's a gorgeous island. While you're there, will you "hop" to any of the other islands? Bermuda is another GORGEOUS island. Actually, I liked Bermuda more than Aruba. Have fun!

CSA, wow, it sounds like you were riding with quite the trainer! Hope you and Cheese can continue to get some awesome rides!

Tempi- FINALLY! Congratulations! I'll check out the other thread when I'm done here!

Eventer, Yea for jumping!

LS, Cute pictures! I love the spook picture! Glad you had fun!

Dobby, hope your first day back at school goes okay!

I got early this morning to unwrap and cold hose. Jaggar seemed extra stiff. His bump hasn't gotten any better or worse. I wish it would start to improve just a little. I gave Jaggar a gram of bute and put him away for the day without his blanket. It was still very cool outside with a pretty strong wind; I didn't want to take the blanket off yet, but it's supposed to get up into the 80's today, so it HAD to come off. Poor boy was probably chilly for a couple of hours this morning.

I'll cold hose and poultice again tonight.

Edited by Sylves

Dobby - Good luck back at school today!

LS - Thanks for posting the pics!!! I also love the spook one, lol. Sounds like it was a great show :)

Tempi - Love the foal pics!!! I'm excited to see how she matures, as an Arab owner myself. I've thought about the Arab/WB cross as well for the future.

KTS - Don't run off with any charming but weird Dutch boys in Aruba, K?

Beckham - Happy birthday to Winston!!! Horse shopping with your friend sounds fun. Be careful you don't end up bringing one home for yourself!

Boocoo - Sorry the show didn't go as planned. Kudos to you for sticking it out to help though!

Sylves - He he, I think Jag's telling you he's not into the whole "rest" thing. Glad his hooves are looking better!

My lesson this weekend was GREAT! My instructor showed up early coming from another lesson, and ended up staying about two hours! We both rode X, and she did really well. She looked absolutely drool-worthy with my instructor on her, and probably not so much with me on her, lol, but she felt great. I'm really starting to be able to feel what's correct more, which is great. For example, I have those old nasty hunt seat habits and now it's starting to feel better when I really make an effort to sit UP and get my shoulders back, wheras it used to feel like I was leaning too far back.

Anyway, we move at the end of the month! I'll be paying for a few days at the old barn since I gave my notice on the 5th, but that's OK. My birthday's this Friday so I'm just considering it a b'day gift :) My instructor hung out while I untacked and we talked about the move. She told me to get it in my head now that I'm not going to be intimidated by the huge population of big, fancy WBs and upper level riders at the new place, because X and I are plenty nice in our own right. I said I'm just hoping we can soak up some of their talent by osmosis, lol!!

Edited by e.s.dressage

C.S.A. I have been trying to get our club to get Ulf out here. He really is an incredible teacher. No reason to feel nervous with him at all!!!

Sylves, yes, a chinese fire drill about explains it. I quit blanketing Beau about 6 years ago, so don't have to worry about the weather conditions anymore! I love it, makes life so much easier!! :happy0203: