Sign in to follow this  
gonedunit225

Horse Transportation!

how much should i cost for someone to trasport 2 horse 640 miles?

by my figuring i would think $2.10 per gallon of gas. multiplied buy the numbers of gallons needed. and figure that the truck will get 6 miles to the gallon. some do get up to 10 though. so i would need 166 gallons of gas. multiplied but the price per gallon and it comes out to $248.60 one way. i was thinking that in this hard economy someone would like to get $200 per trip. the trip is as long as 12hours that would come out to be 12.50$ per hour. so its 470.20$ for gas, 150$ for the way up and 150$ for the way back with an empty trailor. so the grand total it 770.20$

for someone thats unemplayed or need the extra cash iu think that its pretty reasonable for 2 days work.

what do you think?

I had my horse hauled 1050 miles from the seller home by a professional hauler with a nice trailer and plenty of experience and great references, and I paid $430. The highest quote I was given was .65 cents a mile. I contacted atleast 10 different companies. Now, if its only your two horses on a private trip it's going to cost more, and I find private people cost more than the professionals.

I used hauled right, and would recommend them to anyone who needs a horse hauled.