Sign in to follow this  
Indestructible

This Is The Life

Leah pulled her cell phone out and texted Riley "So when you going to be here? =] " she sent the message as she saw her dad come in. She rolled her eyes, making sure he couldn't see her and only nodded at him. "Yes sir" she said with a sigh. She knew her brother would crank it up number by number till it got to his happy 30 or 35. She let herself flop onto the couch in the garage and put her feet up, waiting for everyone to get there.

- - -

Tye had just cranked the volume up to a 40 when his favorite song came on. As soon as it ended his father just happened to come in and turn it down "c'mon dad cut it out, its one night and the music will be off in a couple hours im sure you can bear it that long" he said. His tone had respect in it but also annoyance.

Ryan looked his daughter, "Thank you" he said, then turned his attention to his growing young boy. Tye James Waters, Do I have to make myself clear by taking the stereo out of here, completely?" he asked his son. "Cause believe me. I will" he said. "music is to be below 40 after Five, Deal?" Ryan said, making sure his son now understood.

Alena smiled as Jake responded to her acceptance of his offer. She was glad to see he wanted to hang out with her. It made her hopeful to belief that maybe the summer wouldn't be boring and she'd have people to hang out with. Maybe she'd do things every night and get out rather than sit at home by herself.

Hearing his question about needing a ride, Alena didn't have to think long to respond. Her family only had two cars - one for her mom and one for her dad. The town was so small and the school was so close that they had found no need to buy her one. So she was stuck walking most of the time.

"Oh, I walked to school, so if you could give me a ride..." she said a bit sheepishly, with her faint, but sweet smile and big blue eyes watching his face.

Jake kept his smile on his face as she answered. He was glad.. He wasn't a braggy type, but cars were his big thing, and he kind of liked to show off his pride and joy, a 1964 mustang that he'd worked on a lot.

And he was glad that she seemed to really want to hang out with him. He had to admit that since she'd moved to the small town, he'd wanted to get to know her more, and maybe this summer they'd get a chance to really get to know each other.

"Oh, it's no problem.." He grinned. Not many people had brought cars to school, so his was parked fairly close to the entrance. "It's this way.." He led her to the bright yellow car and unlocked the doors. "oh, be warned, the radio's gonna be loudd when I turn it on.." He warned her with a smile on his face. The sound system was one of the modifications he'd added onto it, and he hardly ever had it turned low.

Tye sighed as he looked to his father "Alright, that was our deal and I intended on sticking to it" he said as he looked to the stereo then to his father. alright dad..leave now he thought. He really did not want anyone to come into the garage and see his father there. He kept his focus on his dad as he waited to see if he had anything else to say. It was to bad that their parents had to be on the property when they had the party, usually they had music blaring, and snuck alcohol in but he knew not to when his dad was only a mere feet away up at the house. He would be dead.

OOC: I need to post, but I'm brain fried and have no muse or know what to post.

OOC: Uh, you could be getting ready to come to the party if your coming, create drama and get people to crash it :P lol uhh or you could..hmm..thats all the ideas i came up with

OOC= Hey guys. I'm on my way to the hospital for surgery..so i'll post as soon as I can.

Eek, hope you get better soon. No rush post when you can [Huggy]

Alena followed Jake as he led the way to his car, a smile holding strong on her face. She was excited to go hang out with him, it sounded like fun before the party. She wasn't sure what they were going to do once they got to his place, but whatever it was, she'd be fine with it. Seeing her yellow Mustang, Alena's smiled widened as she admired the old car. It was a nice one, definitely fixed up. As he spoke about the music, she laughed softly and shrugged.

"That's fine," she said, walking over to the passenger side of the car and pulling open the door. Carefully getting in, Alena set her binder on her lap and shut the door, letting her eyes wander around the cabin for a moment.

Eek, hope you get better soon. No rush post when you can [Huggy]

thanks =) but it was cancelled. they were about to put me under when they discovered i have a Bigeminy, a heart condition, and so now i have to go to billings to see a cardiologist.

thanks =) but it was cancelled. they were about to put me under when they discovered i have a Bigeminy, a heart condition, and so now i have to go to billings to see a cardiologist.

Thats no good :(

Rainee opened the door and scooted over to the middle, putting her brother's bag onto her lap, "Get in." she said to Lauryn.

Riley texted Leah, "I'll be there super soon." He put the phone into his pocket and looked to Lauryn.

(those are crrrappy.)

Jake opened his door and slid in the driver's seat easily. He put the keys in the ignition and turned on the car. THe mustang roared to life, along with the radio in all its loud glory. He quickly reached over and turned the knob, bringing it back to a normal level where they could talk, but it was still in the background.

"So uh, we don't necessarily have to go to my house, I highly doubt there'd be anything fun going on there at all.." he suggested, knowing that by now, Lauryn was probably on her way to the party and Erin was most likely sitting on the couch or in her room reading. "Unless you like video games." he looked over with a smile and half shrugged.

--

Lauryn smiled and opened the truck's door as Rainee moved over. She climbed up and sat down, putting her bag on her lap, then reached out and shut the door.

"So uhm, excited for summer?" she asked to get the conversation started.

[[thats k, mine was horrible too ;) ]]

Smiling at Jake as he turned the car on, Alena did all she could to keep from joint when the loud music came on. She was surprised, but it didn't scare her too much since he had given her warnng. She listened as he spoke about not wanting to go back to his place. Laughing, she thought for a moment about where they could go. She had no clue where they could go, but whatever they did she did care.

"Hm... I don't know. Whatever sounds fun to you," she said with a cute smirk, trning to face him.

By the time they got back, Julie was hyperventalating and Zak, as usual, was trying to calm her down. "Julie, this definately isn't the first time she got out. And chances are, it's not the last. She knows her way home, just give it time."

OOC: omg this is the most crappiest post I have ever seen in my life. O.o

Jake gave a small laugh as he saw Alena visibly conceal her shock at the music. He'd gotten used to it, but seeing other people shocked by it was slightly amusing. The car idled while he waited for her to respond, hoping she'd have some sort of other suggestion. He wasn't great at making decisions, he usually just did what everyone else wanted to do.

"Awh, now you're making it difficult?" he teased, then checked the time on his phone. It was another hour or so before the party started. "Well..we can hang at my house and do something like mariokart, or go dirtbiking..orr we can do something somewhere else. totally up to you.."

He knew he was kind of directing the conversation in a circle, but he didn't want her to be bored at all, and he'd rather have her choose.

Alena laughed again at his joke, knowing how it was hard to make a decision on what to do. He seemed very set on her choosing what they did, which was a bit tough. She wasn't the best at making decisions either and she hated being put on the spot. But because he really didn't seem to care too much, she knew she could pick something.

"Hm... Okay. Let's go to the park!" she exclaimed, smiling widely and watching Jake. She knew it was a wild idea, but it would keep them entertained. There was a small play structure and a big field they could walk around. It wasn't much, but it was enough to keep her busy for the time before the party.

Jake's bright blue eyes lit up with his grin as she declared a place to go enthusiastically. It wasn't the most interesting place, but it would be pretty fun spending time with her.

"The park it is!" he said as he buckled his seatbelt, and reached over to skip the song on the CD. "hope you're ok with this stuff.. I'm a sucker for classic rock." he looked over at her as a song by queen filled the background. "if not, feel free to change it to whatever!" he smiled.

[[ehh.]]

Turning forward again, Alena glanced around to see his hand as it reached forward to turn the song. As he spoke about her being able to change the music, she held her smile and nodded, listening to the one that played at the moment. She didn't mind the classic rock, it was nice background music with a good beat. She wasn't totally savvy on all the old bands, but she recognized the sound of the singer's voice from this one.

Looking around the car, she let her eyes wander around as they drove towards the park. Realizing she still had her glasses on, she pulled them off and then fished for it's case out of her bag. Folding them up and putting them inside of it, she held a content little smile on her face as she put them back. They were really just for seeing far away during class and she didn't really need them other than in school.

Jake smiled contentedly (that a word? lol..) as he easily maneuvered the car down a couple sideroads, one hand on the wheel and the other on the stick shift. Even though he didn't really show it, he was honestly happy about spending the day with Alena.

He glanced over as she took off her glasses. It had been a while since he'd seen her without them on, and he had to admit she was pretty cute either way.

"got any summer plans?" he asked in attempt to get the converstion started again.

[[ew. my creative flew away.]]

Alena let her blue eyes wander around the scenery that passed slowly, the buildings and fields and open spaces. It wasn't that pretty to look at and she had seen it a million times, but it kept her busy through their quiet ride towards the park. As he spoke, she turned her head to look at him, listening to his question and thinking for a moment. Her summer was pretty uneventful. Her parents didn't like doing much and they didn't have money to spend on a fancy trip to anywhere.

"Oh, not really. Just gonna hang out here until college starts," she said, shrugging and sighing. It wasn't very fun or exciting to think about, but she'd live. "You?"

Jake turned the car into the shaded sandy parking lot and pulled into a space as he listened to her reply. It was basically the story of his life, his summers were always pretty unexciting after the hype of the first few days had worn off. He usually spent most of the time helping his dad fixing up stuff at the farm, sometimes hanging out with a few of his guy friends, but it wasn't that often.

"Same here.." he said as he turned the car off. The motor and the music died, and it was quiet. "Supposedly my sister's dragging me off to all her parties, but I doubt I'll go to any of them," he grinned and unbuckled his seatbelt.

Alena unbuckled as he turned the car off in the parking spot. Her head turned to listen to his comment about parties and she laughed softly. That was a funny thought- him following his sister around at parties that she doubted he would enjoy. Well, maybe he'd like it, but who knows if he'd even show up.

"That sounds like loads of fun," she joked, grinning before pulling the door handle and stepping out. Feeling her boot sink a little in the sand, Alena stepped out a few feet before shutting the door carefully, not wanting to slam it in case it was a mistreatment towards it. Jake seemed like he cared for it, so she wouldn't do anything to harm it.

Looking around with her blue eyes, she listened to the sound of people chattering and children screaming as they scattered themselves around the park. It was pleasant day and she had to squint just a bit in the bright sun. Maybe they'd just walk around. Or lay in the sun. Or play like the kids on the playground. There were endless opportunities at the park. Looking over at him again, she held small smile as she let the ideas run through her head.

"So what do you want to do first?" she asked, letting herself take a lanky gait as she slowly walked to the end of the car where they could meet.

[awh i had my post typed out and my internet froze. faill. here goes again, lol.]]

"I know, right?" Jake kept the smile on his face as he stepped out of the car. Habitually twirling the key ring around his fingers, he closed the car door and looked up at Alena. A small laugh escaped him as he watched her close her door carefully, but he didn't say anything about it.

HE walked to the hood of the car and leaned against it. The drive had been short, so the engine wasn't too hot yet. He looked around, trying to remeber the last time he'd been there-- it had been a while. A few years at least..

His eyes settled on the children on the playground as she asked her question, and he turned to her to answer. "Uhm. We could.. tag you're it!" he grinned and tapped her shoulder, then backed up a couple of steps to see if she was up for it. He doubted the game would last long at all, but it was more of an icebreaker than anything.

Watching him as he leaned against the car hood, Alena ran a hand through her hair and waited for an answer. She didn't know if he was going to turn the duty to decide back onto her, but she hoped not. As he thought for a moment and then spoke suddenly, Alena was surprised as he tapped her on the shoulder and backed off for a game of tag.

"Hey!" she whined momentarily, but held a small smile as he was amused by it. She knew she wasn't fast enough to catch him, especially with her boots on, so this game probably wouldn't last long. Smirking wider after a second, she ran towards him, hoping to tag him before he had time to take off.

Jake grinned as Alena chose to come after him, and backpedaled a few steps out of her immediate reach. He knew he could outrun her easily, even moreso right then as she was wearing boots. He quickly checked behind him to make sure there was nothing there he could trip over--he'd backed up and tripped before and he didn't feel like repeating the process. after a few stepps, he wheeled around and ran a good distance from her and waited for her to come after him.

[[oh wow, awful much? sorry, I'm kinda in a hurry right now... blah.]]

As he backed off slowly, she slowed her pace and took cautious steps forward, eying him to see if he'd take off like she predicted. As he looked back a couple of times, she wondered what he was going to do. As he took off away from her, Alena laughed and then chased after him, her run a lanky gait that was a bit lagging and goofy. But it was good enough to get her following him as he kept a distance away from her.

[[Haha, no problem, mine's no better.]]