horsecrazy1234

Pony Excessive Peeing

I have just gotten off the phone with my mom. And she informed me that my pony, who is around 19-20 years old, has been soaking half his stall the last 2-3 nights. He is in his stall from about 8pm to around 5am. She told me that he does not appear to be drinking more than usual. He has not been drinking much water in his stall at night (about a 1/5-1/4 of the bucket) which is usual for him. It has been raining so I do not know how much water intake he is getting outside. Although usually when it rains like this, he does not soak his stall as bad as my mom is telling me. He is on Quiessence which supports normal glucose metabolism and increases peripheral circulation. He has been on this for a while without any complication.

I plan on asking one of my professors when I see him, since he is a vet and can give some input.

Thanks in advance! [smiley Wavey]

Cushing's disease or kidney disease. Kidneys should be highly considered, especially since you say his water intake is decreased, yet he's urinating large quantities. Loss of concentrating ability and production of a dilute urine in the face of dehydration is bad news. I'd be getting a blood panel and urinalysis done and ideally an ACTH for Cushing's disease.

I don't want to detract from anyone's sound advice above, but I do want to say we hit the panic button a couple of years ago when my hubby's stallion's stall was terribly wet. I could have saved almost $1000 in vet calls by checking the roof for leaks first. [bang Head]