Sign in to follow this  
m539

Taking The Stage

Everyone dreams of their name in lights, but for you its not a dream its more like reality. Growing up, you would sing in front of the mirror, dance around in your bedroom, and beg your mom for those ever-important music lessons. All the time spent trying to reach your dream, all the effort, and all the money put forth to realize this is what your life is has lead you to the doors of the Miami School of the Arts.

Located a few miles inland from the sandy vacation spots of North Miami Beach, MSA has began to build a name for itself as one of the top Arts Academies in Florida. Open to grades 9-12, the school begins receiving applications years in advance from hopeful students, most of which are turned down and expected to make it in the industry without the help of the accredited school. The facilities would make anyone drool, the teachers are overly qualified to teach in their field, and the location couldn’t get better.

Miami School of the Arts will now be your home for the upcoming school year. Whether you plan on majoring in dance, vocal, instrumental, or a combination of the three, MSA is where you will learn the ins and outs of the arts scene in Miami. Students are expected to uphold the schools standard, which keeps them under constant watch; if you fail to impress they will find a way to get rid of you. People have discovered this, though there is no real proof other than the word of mouth, leading to many students doing whatever it takes to stay on top.

While the duration of the school year, students are introduced to the dorm life. Two students of the same gender and grade are paired at the beginning of the fall semester. MSA has prided itself with giving the students enough room to live while they are in schooling, with the dorms being valued higher than most college rooms. There is one large apparent style house; the ground level is equipped with kitchen full living area and gym, with the four floors being separated by grade. Many would mistake the doors for a hotel, which has become prided by the students. The school itself shadows the dorms in beauty. Large classrooms and even larger auditoriums and studios built close to a hundred years ago stand tall against the palms and large oaks that shade the open walkways through the schools massive amount of land. Students are encouraged to walk to class, though there are parking spaces available to those who are of legal age to drive.

Majors Include;;

Dance; students will explore all areas of dance including ballet, modern, Latin, ballroom, jazz, and tap. Those who choose to study dance will be expected to contribute to the spring production along with helping with the cerography of one of the two musicals.

Vocal; students will be further taught on singing. Different styles are welcome and taught. Those who choose to study vocal will be expected to participate in one or both of the musicals as well as providing vocals for the spring production if necessary.

Instrumental; students will train in their pre-selected instrument. Those who choose to study instrumental will be expected to participate in one of the schools bands (orchestra, concert band, string ensemble) as well as providing any music for school productions.

campus campus 2 campus 3

Dorms dorms 2

Chamlerlin Auditorium Jullian Stage

Willon Studio Marston Studio

S C H E D U L E ;

1- English

2- Major

3- Mathematics

4- Lunch

5- Major

6- Selected round class

* selected round class is history, science, and physical education. Classes rotate based on day.

R U L E S ;

+ 100 word minimum. It isn’t all that hard, get over it.

+ Be creative when posting. I don’t want to read a bunch of boring posts.

+ Vary the Majors and genders and grades and everything.

+ Try and stay active, but if you don't i wont kill you or anything.

+ You should know the rest :)

S T A T S ;

Name here in bold

Grade: 9th-12th

Personality:

History:

Major:

Appearance:

Other:

Edited by -bowlegs-

S T A T S ;

Clara Layner

Grade: 9th

Personality: Clara is not your typical high school girl. She could spend hours everyday skating or out surfing the waves rather than tanning or shopping, she actually makes fun of those kinds of girls. Not shy, never quiet, your average loud mouth. She surrounds herself with her guys, who she would take a bullet for in a heartbeat. You would never expect her to have the voice that she does.

History: Born and raised in Miami, her father is a professor at University of Miami, and showers his only daughter with whatever she wanted at a young age. She never really was blessed with a vocal talent, but as she grew through elementary school, Clara started singing all the time; in the car, in the shower, in her sleep. Picking up on his daughter?s sudden interest, he put her in vocal lessons. They shaped her skills and granted her a way into MSA, with a lot of help from her father?s name.

Major: Vocal

Appearance: Her appearance is probably the most typical thing Clara has, messy long blonde hair, ever present tan, dark blue eyes. A normal build with no real curves. She always has more than ten pounds of jewelry, mostly stuff bought off Collins Ave from people trying to get by. She doesn?t own anything but flip-flops.

Other:

Edited by -bowlegs-

S T A T S ;

Name: Thomas Nixon [goes by Nixon]

Grade: 11th

Personality: Nixon is your typical class clown, always in some sort of trouble. Nixon is very open and has no shame in going up to a girl and asking for her number. He always has a guitar around him and is constantly writing music.

History: Nixon came from a middle class family with a few children, who seemed to have more talent than him. Nixon always sat quietly in the back singing or was up in his room playing the guitar that he never took a lesson for. Then something happened in 6th grade and he was suddenly more open and talked to everyone, getting in trouble constantly for disrupting class. Nixon worked his butt off since he was 5 to get into MSA and it worked out.

Major: Vocal and Instrumental

Appearance:Nixon [drools] (for any other pictures look up Framing Hanley)

Other:

S T A T S ;

Name: Adalia Nixon

Grade: 10th

Personality: Shyer than her brother, Adalia trailed in his footsteps. Although she is shy at first once she becomes more comfortable her personality blossoms and you can tell she is like her brother. She is a hard worker and doesn't take criticism well. She tends to be her brothers partner in crime and they get into trouble with each.

History: Adalia being the 3rd youngest in the family got slightly more attention than Nixon, but not much. After the twins were born she was pushed back into the corner and began to sing, but also dance. One day her mother noticed and demanded that she attend MSA like her brother, Adalia agreed not having a problem with that.

Major: Vocal and Dance

Appearance: Adalia

Other:

S T A T S ;

Kayley Edge

Grade: 9th

Personality: She is up beat and is never quiet, very forward. She is always moving, always humming and her ipod and its matching docking station are like an extra limb. She is bubbly but also knows she has talent and will let everyone know she is good.

History: Kayley has been singing since she was young. She would sing where ever, to anything, not caring who was around. Her aunt taught her the basics then when she was advancing to far her parents put her into every music lesson her heart desired. From there she sky rocketed and they sent her to MSA to take her farther.

Major: Vocal

Appearance: Kayley Edge has green eyes, she stands at about 5'6 and is always wearing tank tops or short sleeves. She matches those with capri's or short shorts. As for shoes she usually owns a wide variety of flip flops as well as a wide variety of DC and Etnie shoes.

Other:

S T A T S ;

Braydon Edge

Grade: 11

Personality: He loves to have the spotlight on him. He is always moving, always in a dancing mood, he just cant sit still, he is full of energy, when he is quiet and still you know something is bothering him.

History: Braydon, unlike his sister was into the sports scene when he was younger. When his sister was hauled off to the music studio he was off to baseball and track and field as well as basketball. After he over dosed on that scene he started to dance. His sister would play her music and sing in the living room and he would start to dance to the rhythm. They soon started to practice together and it brought them closer.

Major: Dance

Appearance: Bray do n Braydon has green eyes much like his sister but they are a darker green. His hair is always spiked up unless it has to be different for a dance production. He always is wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts or jeans. His brand name shoes are a must.

Other: Your jealous of his ripped-ness :) haha

Edited by Indestructible

Name here in bold: Lauryn Stillman

Personality: Lauryn isn't the most talkative of the group, but she's definitely far from the least talkative. She won't go out of her way to make friends, but is a friendly girl, and is usually fine with people wanting to be friends with her. She can sometimes come off as snobbish as she doesn't approach anyone, she waits for them to come to her.

History: Her parents were killed in a car accident when she was three. A family with a noteable background and money adopted her at five, and knew from the start she was talented. She was constantly playing her acoustic guitar and singing in her free time. Even with her rich family, she was always taught to work hard for what she got, and her attendance at MSA is mostly due to her hard work and a little bit of help from her forster parents.

Major: vocal and instrumental

Appearance: http://www.celebspin.com/wp-content/upload...exis-bledel.jpg Lauryn is about 5'5, with an average body build. Her hair is almost always curly, she hardly ever uses her straightener. She is most often seen in short or bermuda length shorts, and tank tops that match. She owns a wide variety of flipflops, and hardly ever wears anything else.

Other:

S T A T S ;

Justin Ramose

Grade: senior

Personality: Justin is a fairly quiet person. He would rather sit around strumming on his guitar humming words to songs than be part of a conversation. If you get past his solitary lifestyle, you can find that he?s a very sweet and funny person. Around his friends, Justin can joke about anything and make anyone laugh; you just have to get through his tough outer shell.

History: Justin grew up in a small town. There were more cows than people and the nearest large town was over two hours away. Home schooled his entire life, Justin never imagined he would be the one person to get accepted into a school with such prestige as MSA, but he had the skills that all the students possessed. He owns more guitars than shoes.

Major: instrumental

Appearance: Justin stands at a fairly large 6?1, built out with muscle from his days working back at home. His skin is fairly tan, but naturally from his heritage. Dark curls of hair stick out from his usual cap of some sorts, completing his worn down casual outfits.

Other:

I think we need a few more characters and then we'll be ready to start?

Name Callie Davis

Grade: 10th

Personality:Callie is quite person alot of times. Keeps to her self, then when it comes time to fool around. She's the loudest person you can find. Loves to make people laugh, cheer them up.

History:Callie grew up in a small town called Charlesburg. Mostly farm land and fairs every once in a while. When there was, she was up on the stage singing and playing her guitar. Sitting in the barn with a pencil and pad of paper was were most people found her wrighting her own songs to play around with. Always dreaming 'hay maybe il get to go to one of thoughs schools." When it finally happened callie was abit scared at first. Know loving every minute of it.

Major:vocal and instrumental

Appearance: Mid-length dirty blonde hair, light tan that seems to never go away, hazel eyes, 5'6,has a cap on alot, with hair pulled up on pony tail.

Other:nope

I think we can start this if that okay with everyone.

New characters welcome at anytime :)

Students should be on their way to their first class on the first day of the new term.

Callie Davis jumped at the sound of her alarm going off. Letting out a sigh I rolled over slapping the top of the clock. New term has started and time for classes..I thought. Kicking my blankets off I walked over to my closet. Pulling out my favorite pair faded out jeans, and my new tee from the rodeo i went to this summer. 'Home town girls know how to ride horses' I had found it pretty funny when i had bought it. Dragging off my P.Js my pulled my clothes on. Looking at the clock iI,saw I only had about 30 min.s left to go. Before my classes started, dragging a hair brush through my hair. I pulled it up, grabed my English book and notebook. Rushing out the door, I stoped suddenly ,"My cell phone. Oh!" I yelped. Wherling around I grabed it off the book case, sprinted outside and started walking to the class. Turning my IPod on i stuck one earphone in and caught from poeple last year. Smiling I saw a one of my best friends from last year, that i had vocal with. She had ended up helping me alot my first year comeing to the school. To tell you the truth i was happy she had. Exchanging alittle 'gossip' if you could call it that. I glanced down to my watch , and saw i had 5 mintues to spear. Saying by i rushed into the building grabing a seat in the middle/back i sat down. Dropping my bag on the floor, and my black/gray colored Peace back on my next along with my english book. I grabed my phone out and sent a tex to my cousin Taylor in a neighboring school. "hay gurl? Started classes yet? Just got to english here. Call me later 'round lunch!" Glancing up I saw the teaching comeing into the room. Aftering putting the phone on vibrate i stuffed my Blackberry flip in my pocket, I pretended to look inncent. Just like i hadn't been up to anything. I had heard alot about my 'new' english teacher.

Edited by nightsky

Adalia lightly bounced down the hallway to her brothers room, nodding at the tired and cranky guys piling out of rooms. All with the same 'This sucks so bad' look on their faces. Adalia gracefully stopped in front of Nixon's room and was shocked when Nixon's room mate opened to door in her face, looking P.O.'d. She giggled knowing that Nixon was ignoring his alarm again.

"Lazy pig." She muttered walking into the room, the whole room was a mess. Walking over to Nixon's alarm she slammed it down and then smacked him in the head.

"What the-" Nixon asked, sitting up quickly.

"You have 20 minutes to get to class, get moving!" Adalia said and rolled her eyes, walking to her English class, leaving Nixon to scramble to class.

Nixon scrambled to his feet throwing on a pair of jeans and a okay smelling shirt over his head, then quickly grabbed his book bag and ran to class, walking in right after the teacher and quickly took a seat in last desk on the right side, leaning casually against the wall and watching people filter in.

Edited by Twizzler

Kayley groaned as she reached up to the shelf above her, slapping anywhere she could reach looking for the volume on her ipod dock as she went to turn it down. She rolled on her back and started to sing along to the song that was playing "You are the reason that I breath, you are the reason that I still believe" she sang quietly. The singing got her to wake up. She sat up and stretched her rested muscles and got out of bed walking to the closet where she opened it, slipped her feet into a pair of purple Roxy flip flops that matched her lighter purple toe nail polish. She continued to sing along to the song as she got dressed in a white tank top and brown Capri's.

She danced over to the mirror, feeling more and more peppy as the songs changed. When she glanced at her outfit she nodded in approval and ran a brush through her hair and sprayed it with hairspray to harden the look in. She ran the pad with foundation powder over her face and then went to mascara with a little bit of eye liner. She grabbed her LG voyager cell phone and her ipod and its headphones from the shelf, quickly sticking the headphones in her ears and the ipod in her pocket. She spun around her room and grabbed the black and white checkered bag and stuffed her English stuff inside, throwing it over her shoulder and heading out of the room.

She headed into the classroom, sat down in free desk, second row about 4 down from the front, dropped the bag to the side of her, bringing the books out and looked around. She turned her music down so no one could hear it as she silently mouthed the words and tapped her manicured finger nails on the desk lightly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Braydon awoke with a grown as he hit his alarm clock and lay there awhile thinking about how his day would go. When he finally got the motivation to get up he walked over to his closet and opened it, looking to the assorted clothing inside and picking out a white t-shirt with a big black logo up the side that read "Tap-Out" He paired it with white long shorts and slipped his feet into his etnie shoes and then moved over to the dresser where he looked at himself, wetting his hair down and grabbing some gel, spiking it and styling it as he always did. He sighed as his dark green eyes scanned the room, grabbing his Ipod, Blackberry Curve and his books he left the room and headed to class.

Waving at a few people along the way he headed to his English class and sat down, second last desk in the middle row. He threw his ipod into his bag, cell into his pocket and brought his books out to the desk infont of him waiting to begin.

Lauryn wiped stray strands of hair off of her sticky forehead as she turned the corner of the road her dorms were on. another couple hundred yards and she would be finished her daily two-mile jog. her ipod blasted the song "fractions" by emery into her ears, and she mouthed along with the lyrics. It was one of her favorite songs.

It ended just as she turned into the driveway, and she turned off the ipod as she walked into the door. After a quick shower, she pulled on a short jean skirt with black leggings underneath, and a pinkish-purple tank top with a grungey picture of a beach with palm trees on it.

She applied a quick bit of makeup, then went back out to the kitchen, and grabbed a poptart. After checking to make sure she had everything she needed in her bag, she slung it over her shoulder and started walking to classes.

She waved a quick hello to people she knew on the way, and reached her class almost exactly on time. She made her way to an empty seat close to the back of the room, and waited for the teacher to begin.

Clara had been up for hours, unable to sleep before her first day. She had skipped the dorm that night and settled at home. She lived in walking distance of the school; Clara really felt no need in moving into some hotel room for the year. Her iTouch was sitting in the dock, charging as usual, as it blared out Mayday Parade in the morning. She bounded across the room, jumping around letting her thick blonde braid of hair fly around her head, smacking against her face on many occasions. Randomly looking at the time on the dock, Clara hurried to get dressed. Ripped faded shorts, white Volcom shirt, and her usual assortment of bracelets completed her look. She pulled her bag from the chair of her desk and rushed down the stairs, stepping right back up to grab the touch from the dock.

Sliding out the door she slipped on her worn flip-flops and grabbed her long board from the hallway. If she timed herself right, she could swing through the McDonalds drive-thru and get a tea and mcgriddle before class, and still have enough time to take the beach way down to school. Clara threw her braid over her shoulder as she turned down to the McDonalds, fumbling through her bag to get her wallet and maintain her balance on the board. Clara pulled her new debit card from the wallet and gripped it in her teeth. The wonders of being an only child to a nationally acknowledged professor had it benefits there. It took her longer than expected to get her meal, mostly from the fact that they made her walk into the store instead of just being able to board through the drive in, but for the sake of time, she didn?t bother arguing with them. She shoved her food into her bag and slipped her ear buds in as she made her way to the school.

She locked her board in her locker, and adjusted her book inside the shelves, making sure to only take what she needed to her first block English class. Clara hummed along to the 3OH!3 song that had shuffled onto the touch as she walked into her class. She took a seat in the back and began her breakfast before class started. She swung her legs up on the desk and slouched down into the seat, looking like she was ready at any moment to walk out the door and hit the beach.

Justin's tomorrow.

I watched the other students in my class start coming in. Feeling my cell vibrate i slide it out of my pocket just a bit. Seeing the answer i smiled, "k. got yah cuz. and yup im in class and wishing it was still summer". Taylor would always be the summer girl, loving every minute of it. I was the same, expect for me. I love to ride my horses Suger and Nestle the most. Letting my gaze wonder over to the teacher, she was wrighting something on the board at the moment. 'Pen and notebook out, start wrighting down these notes.' Pushing my long bangs behind my ear i reached down into my bag. Pulling out my notebook for english, and my new pen also. Opening it up to the first page i began wrighting down the notes she had started wrighting on the bord. It was just complete silence in the room, only the scraching of a pen on paper. I didn't hear the teacher tell me to answer the question. I had just bit spaced off startled i looked up to see.

Mrs.Grayson standing right beside me. mrs.davis, it might be to your best attion to answer the question and pay attion next time also. "yes. mam' i will. The answer to it would be a infinitve phrase and also appostive phrase." i answered with light blush going over my cheeks. Good that is correct, catching the appostive phrase. I'm quite surpised. You must have been listening just a bit, your not your brother i sopose. Mrs. Grayson answered back to Callie.

"yes mam. I guess not" i was bit embassed about it all. Then bring up my brother was even worse, Jase was now at collage. Just about to graduate, he had told me alot about Mrs. Grayson. Also how he had gave her more problems that any other student, she had that year. But for her to think she was just like him, was insult to her realy. Jase and her were differnt in many way. May have looked the same, but not the same personality one bit. Watching Mrs. Grayson walk back up the board i cleared everything else out of my head and started listening.

Clara was finishing the last of her hash brown when the teacher walked in. She crumpled the wrapper into a tight ball and left it sitting on her desk as she reached for the large cup of sweet tea. She knew this teacher; her father and Mrs. Wilson were good friends, which she took to her advantage in any way possible; nothing like starting out as the favorite already. Clara swung her thick braid around her shoulder and pulled her phone from her pocket. Sliding open the keypad, Clara instantly began to text, her eyes focused on the board, but her fingers moved effortlessly across the pad punching in keys with grace. It was a natural talent for teenage girls to be able to disguise their texting ways, and Clara was the unofficial champion.

?Excuse me Miss. Layner.? The teacher?s voice hit Clara?s ears and she instantly stopped everything she was doing. ?I would prefer that if you plan to eat or drink in this class you bring enough for everyone. I also do not approve of phones in the classroom.? Clara just smiled, she was great at getting out of things, and she could talk her way out of just about anything really. This was different though, Mrs. Wilson knew Clara, and she knew the girl like the back of her shriveled little hand. She tried to think of something to say that wouldn?t get her into hot water with her father as soon as she stepped through the door that night, but instead she just spoke.

?I am so sorry Mrs. Wilson. Tomorrow I?ll get everyone a McGriddle.? She began, straightening up in her chair and leaning forward to seem more interested in the conversation. ?Maybe at the end of class I can take orders and get everyone exactly what they wanted.? This sent a few small giggles through the room, but Clara just smiled in her seat. A glorious start to the new year.

Kayley chuckled as she looked over to Clara. Hmm, she seems like me she thought as she listened. "I totally second that, lets have a fat kid, mc donalds, day" she said aloud, not really caring what people thought. Great now Im craving a Mccridle she thought again. She ignored her cell phone as it buzzed and looked around at the class. She loved this school, so many new people, so much to learn, and a dream come true.

She tapped her flip flips on the floor to the beat of a song that was stuck in her head, the tapping wasn't loud but it wasnt quiet either. You could hear, Tap, tap, tapity, tapity, tap, tap. over and over again as she began to hum. When people saw her they either thought she had ADD or was just always happy and hyper which was usually the case.

Name: Hadley Ferguson

Personality: Hadley seems to be oblivious to the world, like she is your typical California air head. She usually spaces during conversations, not because she doesn't want to listen to what you're trying to say, but because music and moves (lame? haha) are constantly flooding her mind. Her graceful manner and poise in any situation is well known. She's fairly friendly to everyone, but not a loud one by any means. Hadley prefers to work alone than work in a group, she feels that everything gets done faster that way. Her prescence is fairly alarming at first, simply because of her looks.

History: Ever since she was small, everything always came easily to Hadley. She had her fingers into everything and anything and she always excelled. She was one of those kind of people. Her passion for dance came from her mother, a world-renowned ballet dancer, but her love of musical composition and playing came from her father, a member of one of the original rock bands. Needless to say, growing up with her connections in Los Angeles it isn't surprising that MSA approached her about coming to their school. Hadley accepted immediately, entering as a freshman. She keeps her family connections to herself, not wanting that to be the reason as to why she gets what she does, because she does earn it.

Major: Triple threat, Vocal, Instrumental, Dance

Appearance: Crisp, frosted blue eyes are surrounded with thick, blonde-tipped lashes. Her skin is a deep brown from the sun and is nearly flawless. She stands at a petite 5'2 and is thin with slight curves in the right places. Hadley's features are alighted by her perfect, ski jump nose and lush pink lips. Her nearly black hair has a pretty curl to it and falls to the mid of her back. All in all, she's fairly stunning.

Other: Nope

[[i hope this okay, I'm still learning :)]]

Hadley nearly broke something when she realized what time it was. She had gone for a long run that morning to calm her nerves through the sandy beach. She was at least ten minutes from the school and first class started in fifteen. While most people would have dreaded having to go fast for the next two miles after nearly seven miles, she was thrilled. The strain in her toned legs told her that she was working, picking up the pace with ease, she listened to the crashing waves around her. Running with music seemed to be the norm everywhere she went, but she couldn't do it...it felt unnatural to not be able to hear yourself breathing.

Entering the dorm building, she flew up the three flights of stairs to the junior's floor. As she entered her room, she realized that class had just begun. Cursing under her breath, she grabbed her shower stuff and raced into the bathroom. Taking the world's fastest shower, she hastily did something with her lush hair and went without make-up, which was usual for her. A pair of tiny Lucky shorts and a no-name teal tank top later, she grabbed her tattered Converse and a pair of socks on her way out the door.

Her bare feet moved swiftly across the campus, ignoring the fact that there wasn't a soul walking around. Hadley was constantly late, and was constantly being reprimanded for the fact. Ignoring the vibrations that her phone was ringing in her back pocket, she slid into the Junior English class in hopes of being unnoticed. The teacher was going over what they would be doing that year.

Hadley caught her bottom lip between her teeth and lowered her eyes, allowing her dark hair to sweep across her face, she simply hoped the teacher wouldn't notice. Sliding into one of the only seats available in the back, she glanced up rapidly, noting that some of the newcomers were whispering about her and her bare feet, whereas the majority of the returning students simply looked amused. Her eyes refused to find the teacher's, simply hoping that she wasn't the only one this absurdly late.

Edited by ClassicCrime

Lauryn's sulky face turned to one of slight amusement as she saw Hadley sneak into the room late. More often than not, the other girl was late to class, but she was hardly ever caught. Lauryn assumed it was years of practice..

She slipped her cell phone out of her pocket and texted with her left hand under the desk, while pretending to write notes with her right hand. It took slightly longer that way, but it was how she'd done it the previous year, and she was fairly skilled at one handed texting.

she quickly glanced at the text to make sure it looked ok. "ha you haven't changed much at all, have you? =)" After selecting Hadley from her list of contacts, she sent the text, then slid her phone shut, keeping it in her hand and resumed listening to the teacher.

BELL RINGS.

everyone should shift to second block.

students of the same major will all be in the same class.

if you have a double/triple major just choose one for the day.

"Finally"Callie mummbled as the bell rang. Grabing my bag a dumped all of stuff i would need for Vocal before getting up. Slipping out the door before Mrs.Grayson could say anything else to her. Walking out of the building i headed to the 2nd block. To one of my favorite classes. Singing was one of the things i loved most in life. Other than my guitar, and my family it was number one on top of my list. Stopping outside the door i let out a deep breath and strolled into the classroom. Noticing other students were already there. Picking a seat in the middle/back i watched the others file in. Grabing a rubberband i pulled my wavy brown hair up in a bun and leaned back into my seat. Reaching down i grabed my notepad and a pen and started working on a song i had been wrighting the night before last. Through there was some kinks that needed to be work out, i could it pretty easy. Stoping i thought about that others that would be in here i new of. 'Clara the girl in 9th that seemed pretty nice. The nixon's were also. Kayley edge, whos brother was a big hit at the school, and lauryan.' Was all i could think of at the moment.

Lauryn grinned as the bell rang. Her next class was her major, well, one of them. Vocal was nowhere near as important to her as instrumental, but it was fundamental for what she wanted to do, and it was pretty fun, so she took it anyways.

She adjusted the bottom of her tank top before sliding her bag over her shoulder, and walking out of her class. VOcal was in the same room it had been last year, and she took her time getting to the room. It wasn't that far, and there was a 5 or so minute break between classes, so she didn't need to hurry.

She hummed the tune of the Emery song she'd been blaring that morning as she walked down the hallway, every now and then randomly coming out with a word or so of the lyrics. She didn't care what people thought when they saw her, music was her life, why not let people know.

She picked an seat on the right side of the class, three rows from the front. In the normal classes she didn't care where she sat, but in her majors, she liked to show that she was attentive adn really cared about what she was doing.

Clara almost fell out of her chair when the bell rang. She had been in her own little world for the entire period, asleep in the back of the class trying to catch up on her late night. She scrambled to grab all her things and pile them into her bag, throwing her leftover McDonalds trash into the bin before walking out into the crowded hall. She had gone to the open house about a week before, but still had trouble finding her class. She carefully looked for all the class numbers, and carefully slipped into the room with moments to spare. She carefully found herself an open seat and placed her feet up on the desk again. It was a comfortable position, and with her small size she was still able to fit perfectly into the seats.

She wanted to get started singing, she was ready to wow everyone with her talents that she been trying to perfect for years. Clara wanted to show that she actually could make it into the school without the help of her fathers name.

Hadley shifted in her seat when she felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket. She had forgotten that it was even there. A small smile lifted her lips at Lauryn's comment. Before she had the chance to respond, she noticed the texts she had missed from the morning. Including one from the one of the boys she'd been with over the summer. She deleted the text without even bothering to read it. During the summer Hadley was constantly with different boys, but during the school year, she preferred to either be with one boy at a time or none at all.

Lost in her daydreams, she moved with dreamlike grace after the bell rang. Her small, toned frame moved whimsically through the crowds. Hadley's bright eyes swept the crowds, searching for a particular person. Without being able to find him, she entered the instrumental room. Her effect upon the new kids seemed to go unnoticed as the tiny girl took a seat towards the back of the room.

Her eyes moved to the area where their instruments were kept. She easily located the stickered, and mildly vulgar guitar case that was her. And of course, the students just used the pianos or keyboards the school provided because trying to move personal ones would just be silly. Since those were the only two that she liked to play, they were the only ones she ever concerned herself with.

Setting her phone on the top of her desk, she tucked her feet under her in an indian-style. She knew that the teacher, Mr. Jameson, could care less about phones. He was her favorite teacher, even if he was particularly hard on her.

Kayley jumped slightly as the sound of the bell echoed in her ears. She packed up quickly and slipped out the door before the rush of kids made it before her. She listened to her stomach growl as she walked down the crowded halls, weaving in and out of kids twice the size of her, and kids that looked like they missed out on growing and belonged in an elementary school. She only smirked as she found her class room. Vocal.

Kayley was excited, she slipped in and took a seat beside two girls, she looked to the one "Heh, the Mcdonalds girl sings too?" she said with a smile. "Looks like I found my long lost twin" she added as she pulled out a bag of chips from her bag and opened them. Without really thinking she put her feet up on the desk infront of her, not realizing Clara had as well. It was her usual position, if no one was in the seat why not make your self that much more comfortable and put it to good use?. This was how Kayley's mind worked, simple but true in her mind.

The door slammed close a final time before the teacher slid to the front of the class. ?Good morning everyone, I?m Ms. Edwards, lets get this rolling.? She looked too young to teach, it had to be a mix up or some sorts; this girl could be a student herself. Clara just looked at her, not knowing whether to react in her normal way or to just shut up for once. Her face was blank, which must have read through to the teacher.

?I?m sorry guys, I guess I should introduce myself. I?m Marcia Edwards, MSA alumni and graduate from Julliard. This is my first year teaching, but I assure you I?ll make it fun and you will learn a lot from your courses.? She paced back and forth across the front of the room, stopping to face the students in the center of the room. ?I say we open this semester with a little open mic? Sound good? Anyone volunteer to go first? You can either go acapella or I can pull up a version online. Just let me know.?

Callie looked at her new vocal teacher Mrs. Edwards, she had herd just a little about her. Not to much to know if she was nice or not, but so far. This morning she seemed pretty fair. Humm she must be good to graduate from Julliard. Being the school only took in the best of the best. Tipping my head to the side a bit i listened to what she was saying. Open mic? None of the other teachers had did that before. Leaning back i looked around me, seeing none of the other kids volunteer to go first yet. I thought about it for a moment should i volunteer to go first or not. Finally decicing 'hey its worth a try.' "Mrs. Edwards, i'll go first i guess." i said looking for just a bit. Then looking back down, my only worry was. What was i going to have to sing.

Kayley listened to the teacher speak and held her tounge back from the questions it wanted to ask. She had never saw a teacher this young before, all her teachers prior to her had been pretty old in Kayley's eyes. She was brought back from her thoughts when Callie spoke. This was good, she didnt want to go first but she was hoping for last, after all, she always wanted to be saved for the finale, save the best for last no?. This was Kayley's thoughts but she didnt like to brag much, if no one would go next she probably would just cause she was itching to sing infront of people and show off.

Ms. Edwards jumped up when Callie volunteered to go first. ?Great Miss. Davis, correct?? She pulled a large stool to the center in front of the board, and motioned Callie to the front. ?You can sit if you want, I find myself lazy and sitting a lot.? Though, it was proven that anyone could sing better while standing, anyone could be shaking enough having to belt out a song on their first day at a school like MSA.

?What are you going to sing for us this fine morning Miss. Davis?? Ms. Edwards said as she took a seat as her desk.

"yes mam'. Thats correct" i answered back. I watched her put a stool infront of class, i gulped slightly. I only sung without my guitar once before, but hey this was another chance to try it out again. Letting out a breath i stood up and walked to the front of the class room. "It's ok Mrs.Edwards, i prefer to stand" moving on the other side of the stool. I thought about which song to sing. I deciced on White Horse by Taylor Swift, since it was one of my favorite songs by her. And i new it by heart, "im going with White Horse, by taylor swift." i said a bit soft. Clearing my head, i let the notes float through my head to the intro of the song.

"Say you're sorry

That face of an angel comes out

Just when you need it to

As I pace back and forth all this time

'Cause

I honestly believed in you

Holdin' on,

The days drag on

Stupid girl

I should have known, I should have known"

I let the notes just play through my head, losing my self into the beat. Blocking everything out, coming to the middle i waited the seconds that i didnt sing. Counting them off into my head.

"Oh whoa whoa whoa-oh

Try and catch me now

Whoa-Oh

It's too late

To catch me now."

I let the last notes ring into the air when i stopped. Turning i looked at Mrs. Edwards, "was that ok?" i asked.