Sign in to follow this  
m539

Taking The Stage

Ms. Edwards waited for Callie to finish her song before sanding up and giving the girl an ample amount of snaps. ?Good job, fantastic.? Though, she did notice a few mess up and slight key problems, Marcia didn?t feel the need to batter the girl down on her first day. ?I?ll admit it now that I?m a huge Taylor Swift fan myself.? She motioned for Callie to sit back down before walking back to her desk and sitting comfortably in the oversized rolling chair. ?Who?s next??

Clara had focused solely on Callie?s singing that she had forgot to even attempt to clap, or snap as the teacher had done. Everyone seemed so much better than the girl, though Callie was two years Clara?s senior. She kept her head forward and decided it was now or never. ?I?ll go.?

She walked up to the front of the room and positioned herself on the stool. If she had tried to stand she would have probably fallen over in a trebling mess. She never did well in front of classes. Crowds, she could do, but a class full of her peers was something totally scary to her. ?umm.. I?m going to do Road and the Radio by Kenny Chesney. He?s like my favorite artist. Ever. Hands down.? A smile grew across her face when she realized how stupid she sounded. She looked down, trying to erase the crowd from in front of her as she started the song.

...In my mind there's something more

And I'll open up a brand new door

And find the strength to close the ones I left behind

And I'll get there leanin' on some friends I know:

The road and the radio

The road and the radio

Rang though the class as Clara looked up, finishing the song. She had turned bright red, sweating as if she just ran twenty miles, and her hands shaking from the nerves.

?Another one of my favorites Miss. Layner. Great job.? Ms. Edwards snapped along with her words, motioning the next person to come up to the stool.

Callie gave her a weak smile and let out a breath and set down. She watched Clara sing and clapped when she got done. Waiting till clara had sat down she said quitely so the teacher couldn't hear. "good job Clara. You sing very pretty." Through it was very true, Clara had a voice and could go far with it to. Me on the other hand i more of just me and my guitar and singing was my favorite. Then again i was country girl and grew up doing that. I watched as other students got up and sung there songs. Mrs. Edwards seemed like a good teacher and getting us used to singing infront of others.

Kayley listened to both girls sing and thought of a song to sing. She decided on one and when Clara was done singing she clapped and gave her a smile as she stood up, straightened out her capri's and walked to the front. She took a seat on the stool and looked to Miss Edwards. "Im going to sing Jersey by Mayday Parade" she said with a smile. Kayley drew in a deep breath and cleared her throat. She began to sing, starting out a little quiet then getting louder and louder.

Cause jersey just got colder and

I'll have you know i'm scared to death

That everything that you had said to me was just

A lie until you left

Now i'm hoping just a little bit stronger

Hold me up just a little bit longer

I'll be fine, i swear

I'm just gone beyond repair

Kayley felt the rythm in her voice and rush through her body as she stood up and continued to sing.

Let's write a song that we can dance to

Cause they all wanna listen

Just to know how it sounds when

I do that thing you know that i do

When i find inspiration

This is me breaking down when

Jersey just got colder and

A lie until you left

I'll be fine, i swear

She let her word linger as she closed her eyes and listened to the beat of the music. This was one of her favorite songs

Let's write a song that we can sing to

And you can lead the choir

And put the hook where it hurts most

And you threw a spark that lit the candle

That set us all on fire

And sent a flame down the east coast

A lie until you left

I'll be fine, i swear

And i should have been your everything

I'm now at the end of my eternity

And i will sleep to have the darkest dreams

This just won't seem right to me

I close my eyes and beg for peace

Jersey just got colder and...

A lie until you left

I'll be fine, i swear

Kayley opened her eyes again and looked to Miss edwards then to the class "sorry, i can get a little carried away with that song" she said as she headed up to her desk and returned to her position she had before, feet on the chair infront of her. Singing just now, just made her really happy and energetic.

Lauryn watched the other three girls stand up in front of the class and sing, all three were songs she loved, and they all did a very respectable job. She found herself really enjoying the new teacher, and instead of the sulky look she'd had during english, she was smiling.

"I'll go next.." She volunteered when Kayley was done singing. She took a deep breath as she walked up to the front, then turned around and faced the class.

"So uh, I'll sing this song by Lydia.. Stay Awake. It's not very popular, but it's an amazing song, you guys should all check it out. And I'll start singing now.." She smiled and looked down at her feet for a second before taking another deep breath.

Live it up, live it up

Or just come back home

Yeah, cause these city lights

Are too much for you alone

But San Francisco sounds quite lovely

And so I'll just wait for your call

I promise, I promise and wholly lonely

So stay awake, and stay

I try and go, but your game

It waits for me and you, love

her voice carried through the room softly, like the original song began. She began to get more into the song, and as she hit the chorus, she let go of the hold on her voice.

So cover up for the rain

You see way too much safety

Cause I don't stand a chance

Any longer than you do my friend

Cause we should know best

Now that you're gone

She went through the rest of the song, feeling it flow through her and out to the other students watching.

The rain

You see way too much safety

Cause I don't stand a chance

Any longer than you do my friend

But you're still keeping me sane

Lauryn finished, and let the smile spread over her face. "Yeahh.. I really love that song.." She walked back down to her seat and sat down. It had felt great to really let herself go and just sing.

Justin walked through the halls in a slight daze. His first block of public schooling hadn?t exactly gone as he planned, so going to a music based class seemed to be the perfect cure to the morning. Walking the hall he found the room and slipped in through the door, placing his things down on a desk and running his hand through his thick mess of dark hair. Justin adjusted his gaze to the guitar room and pulled his soft case from the cubby. He had left one of his guitars in the room for use when in class; it wasn?t like he had a shortage back at the doors.

He moved back into the main classroom, and found a girl [Hadley] sitting in the room, feet tucked under her strumming on her own guitar. He smiled to her and couldn?t help but ask, ?You mind if I sit here?? He motioned to the desk next to her. ?I?m kinda new this year, so I?m not exactly sure how the whole seating arrangements go in here.?

Hadley's features softened as the tempo of the song became slower. When she played it wasn't to impress anyone, especially when she was in class. Her ability was obvious, and her passion unmistakable, even with an easy song. But it was also apparent that it was entirely effortless. Her callouses fingers stopped when she heard someone obviously speaking to her. Pulling her dark hair over her right shoulder she smiled up at him.

"Of course you can. Mr. Copeland doesn't do assigned seats. Most of your teachers won't. What year are you?"

Hadley's voice was soft, willowy, but with an upbeat spin to it. Hadley realized that she hadn't introduced herself in all her comments and questions.

"My name is Hadley by the way."

Justin took his seat nest to her and began to unzip the case. ?I?m Justin, lucky to be a senior this year.? He pulled the guitar out and placed it neatly on his lap, adjusting his gaze to meet hers. ?What about you Miss Hadley?? Normally, he wouldn?t jump into a conversation like this, but a boy needed at least one friend right? ?You seem to know how things work around here, so I?m guessing it?s not your first time at the rodeo.?

He began to move his fingers around the strings, not trying to play any note or chord, but just getting his fingers accustom to playing. It had been a while since Justin actually picked up a guitar, he had spent most of his week in Miami looking around and becoming familiar with the town and finding the best music shops.

Hadley watched him with interest, she knew he was new because she knew most of the people on campus. New people intrigued her. Picking her guitar up so that it rested on her shoulder and her chin could rest against the top of it. The way he spoke was fairly adorable in her eyes. No boy in LA or Miami ever talked like that. Her smile curved and widened when he compared MSA to a rodeo. That could be a fairly accurate word sometimes.

"No, this is my third year here, I'm a junior. It isn't as bad as it seems at first."

She remembered her first few months being there and hating it. The kids hadn't been great, but she'd eventually warmed up to them.

"Where are you from?"

Edited by ClassicCrime

Phineus Furley the fourth

Grade: 11

Personality: Fin is a highly energetic person and never seems to be able to sit still. A class clown, he's never taken anything seriously and singing is no different. Very spontaneous, he lives for the moment without thinking of consequences. He's very friendly and honest, without a mean bone in his body.

History: Fin comes from old money and a very well-to-do family in Virginia. He grew up attending prestigious boarding schools, all known for their academics rather than their arts. Outside for the standard music classes that everyone had to take, Fin had no formal training in singing and goofed off in music so often that none of his teachers even noticed he was any good. When he entered high school he joined the cross-country team. On the way back from meets and in the locker room, the boys would often sing. The coach, also the music teacher, noticed Fin's talent and urged him pursue it. He ignored this advice until he was asked not to return to the school after a series of pranks culminating in a crazy end of the year party (all Fin's doings of course) at the end of his sophomore school. With his coach's recommendations and his family's money, Fin was accepted to the school.

Major: Vocals

Appearance: Fin has the casual yet clean-cut appearance of someone that's grown up in country clubs and boarding schools. He has sandy blond hair and blue eyes. He has a fair complexion, lightly tanned from a summer spent on the family's yacht. Fin stands at about 5'10" with a lean, runner's build. He has a quick smile and seems to exude confidence.

Other: None

Edited by Just_Ducky

OCC: Dear God this thing took off without me even noticing! Sorry for being late

Nixion

Nixon woke with a start when the bell rang, he stood up and stretched. Walking quickly towards the music hall he saw his sister running into the building, he wondered why until the bell gave another sharp ring. Cursing loudly Nixon took off in a dead sprint into the building and stopped at the end of the hall where the vocal class was. A girl could be heard singing and he thought it was the perfect time to sneak in. His sister was sitting in the back, but too close to the teacher to sit by her, so he took the closest seat to the back next to a girl.

"Please tell me she didn't see me." He whispered and sat down.

Adalia

Adalia ran quickly from her class that was across campus. "Stupid campus that is huge." She said and cursed when she saw that she only had 10 seconds to get to class. She sprinted past Nixon and into the door, literally sliding into the classroom before the bell rang. She sighed in relief and took a seat in the back, but closest to the teacher to show that she did care about the class. She sat quietly in the back and watched the others sing, some she felt confident about singing after. Then others would come up and her confidence would go spiraling to the ground.

"How did I get in this school?" she whispered to herself and heard her brother try to get into the door. With a smirk she turned to him and mouthed, 'Busted!'

Phineus Furley wandered into class a minute or two after the bell rang, glancing around as though it was a complete accident that he had arrived in the correct classroom. He hadn't been very excited about changing schools at first (and could you get much lamer than attending an art school?) but now that he was there Fin was finding that he enjoyed it. And the ratio was certainly in his favor, not that Fin had ever had trouble in that area. And he was pleased to find a seat in the back, something that he never would have been able to do if he'd been late at his old school. And the teacher was smokin' too, which was a relief after all the crusty academic types he was used to.

A quick whisper to the person in front of him and Fin was caught up on what they were supposed to be doing. Open mic... That meant he had to pick a song. And then sing it. Alone. Fin had always sung in groups. His only solos had been when he was goofing off to ridiculous songs with his team. It wasn't that he had a problem getting up in front of people because Fin was about as outgoing as you could get. And he wasn't nervous because Fin didn't really care what his classmates thought. But he was pretty sure that he'd get kicked out when everyone figured out he couldn't actually sing and he'd be stuck in public school... It was bound to happen sooner or later though and it was best to get it over with before he'd unpacked. So Fin set to scrolling through the songs on his iPhone in search of the perfect song.

Hearing a pause as the rest of the students glanced down or toward the window, avoiding the teacher's gaze, Fin grinned at the song he'd selected and began to sing, acapella, from his seat in the back.

"Well let the geek in the pink take a stab at it

If you like the way I'm thinkin' baby wink at it

I may be skinny at times but I'm fat full 'a rhymes

Pass me the mic and I'm a grab at it

Well isn't it delicious, this crazy way I'm kissin'

Cause baby listen to this you don't wanna miss it while it's hittin'

Sometimes you gotta fit in to get in

But don't ever quit cause soon I'm gonna let you in,

Fin grinned as he sang, slowly making his way to the front, winking at Clara as he sang the second line. Finally at the front, Fin found he was enjoying himself. He knew the song well and didn't stumble over the words even though the came quickly.

"But see I don't care what you might think about me

You'll get by without me if you want

I could be the one to take you home

Baby, we could rock the night alone

If we never get down it wouldn't be a let down

But sugar don't be forgettin' what you already know.

I could be the one to turn you out

We could be the talk across the town

Don't judge it by the color, confuse it for another

You might regret what you let slip away

Like the geek in the pink."

Here Fin pulled up the collar of his Ralph Lauren button down shirt, conveniently pink though he was hardly one you would classify as a geek. Realizing the length of the song, he quickly decided to leave out the next verse because he simply didn't like it as much as any of the others.

"Hey baby look at me go

From zero to hero

You better take it from a geek like me

I can save you from unoriginal dum-dums

Who wouldn't care if you complete him or not.

So what, I've got a short attention span

A coke in my hand

Because I'd rather have the afternoon

Relax and understand my hip-hop and flip-flops

Well it don't stop with the light rock

A shot to mock you kinda puts me in a tight spot

The hype is nothing more than hoo-ha

So I'm developing a language and I'm callin' it my own

So take a peek into the speaker and you'll see what I mean

That on the other side the grass is greener.

I don't care what you might think about me

You'll get by without me if you wa-a-a-ant

I could be the one to take you home

Baby, we could rock the night alone

If we never get down it wouldn't be a let down

But sugar don't be forgettin' what you already know

I could be the one to turn you out

We could be the talk across the town

Don't judge it by the color or confuse it for another

You might regret what you let slip away.

Like the geek in the pink, pink, pink

I'm the geek in the pink, y'all

Geek is the color for fall

I'm the geek in the pink."

The song was probably not the wisest choice. It was quick and much of the lyrics were practically spoken, hardly giving him the chance to highlight his range. But it was lighthearted and full of energy and fun and exactly right for Fin. His voice was smooth and expressive. Even at the front of the room Fin didn't stand still. He paced and shrugged and shook his head and waggled his eyebrows at his classmates where appropriate. Fin's version had been just a little less staccato than Jason Mraz's original version and a bit more dramatic, but still enjoyable. And there was no denying that he had had fun with it.

Pleased with himself, Fin nodded to the teacher before returning to his seat with a confident swagger completely oblivious to the fact that he had forgotten to introduce himself.

Adalia

Adalia raised her eye brows as the guy a few seats down from her started singing and making his way to the front. "This guy is insane." She whispered to herself, he didn't have a bad voice at least from the parts that he had to sing. Adalia was also checking through her ipod on something she could sing. Finally she had it down to 3 songs and would decide after this guy got his comment what she would sing.

Justin relaxed a bit. School was a lot less intimidating that everyone made it seem back home, and making friends really wasn?t that hard. He already was having a decent conversation and it was only the first day. It couldn?t get hard from there, could it?

?I hail from the tiny town of Poppy Seed, Oklahoma, population 300? and 275 of those are cows. No joke.? His hands had begun to strum against the strings as he spoke of his hometown. Usually no one cared about a tiny town called Poppy Seed, most just assumed he was making the residence up, but Justin has lived in the tiny town his entire life. The farthest he had gone was Nashville, trying to make it in the country music industry like every other guitar strumming kid back home. Needless to say, Justin didn?t get far, but he had MSA for his back up, which was proving to be very helpful. ?What about you??

occ} claras in a bit

"Poppy Seed? How do you not get hungry talking about it?"

The question was only half a joke. Due to her long run, she had been unable to eat breakfast and was starving. Plus, Hadley could always eat. No matter the circumstance, she loved food. His comment about the cows brought an easy grin to her face. It sounded completely different from her upbringing that she couldn't help but be curious about it. But she wouldn't freak him out with too many questions at once.

"I'm from Los Angeles, the city that probably has more cars than people. It's seriously ridiculous."

Her crisp eyes dropped to his hands as he began strumming. That was when she realized that they were in class. She glanced around for Mr. Johnson and found him talking to a very nervous group of freshman. At this rate, he'd only have time to introduce himself. Not his normal first day agenda.

Justin couldn?t help but laugh when Hadley mocked his town name. ?You would think I?m lying if I told you there are no poppy seeds in the entire time. Not even on our bagels.? He tried to sound like it was nothing special, which the town really wasn?t, but at that moment he had become more home sick than he had thought he would be. His hands stopped moving and he tried to look more interested in the conversation that the song he was trying to piece together.

?LA huh? Big city girl, like the ones on those MTV shows??

Clara couldn?t help but crack a gigantic smile as the boy made his way to the front of the class, spitting out this Mraz song like it was nothing. She couldn?t look away from him, taking full attention of the small class. For the entire song, he had the class sucked into his world, what every performer should. Clara was envious at this point, she couldn?t even make eye contact with the class and this boy was up there drawing their attention faster than an accident on the highway. As he slipped back to his desk, she couldn?t help but turn her attention to him, mouthing ?you are crazy? to him before looking to the teacher for her take on the performance.

?Mr. Furley I presume.? Ms Edwards began, standing up from her seat and walking to where everyone had been. ?That was certainly an entertaining introduction, if you could call it that.? She tapped her fingers against the stool, seating herself down before asking ?anyone else??

"No way! That's such a scandal! No poppy seed bagels? Or muffins? Those are definitely my favorite."

Her pale eyes shone with amusement and her bright features were animated as she spoke. She wasn't joking about the muffins though, theybreally were her favorite breakfast food. Hadley was instantly aware when he stopped playing, the fact that there was no longer music to mark their conversation somehow would make it less of a memory when looked back on it.

When Justin mentioned the fact that LA was a big city and then went on about MTV, she couldn't help but frown slightly. There was no way that she'd mention that her father had toured their home for an episode of Cribs. Hadley wasn't sure if he was joking or not, but either way he'd hit a sore spot with her and she couldn't manage to bring the same amount of energy to her voice.

"Oh, yeah. And since you're from a small town in the middle of the country you're uneducated and only play country music?"

Her tone was slightly cool, but the small smile she forced on her face was an attempt to show that she was slightly kidding. Hadley hated the stereotype that shows like The Hills had placed upon girls from LA. And even if he was kidding, she had to show him in some way that it wasn't something she really liked to talk about. Otherwise, the idea of friendship with him would be obsolete.

Fin settled back in his seat in time to catch one of the girls a few seats up tell him he was crazy as if he didn't already know. "Yeah, that's me, Phineus Furly," He said with a cocky grin as he leaned back in his seat, "The fourth." He added for good measure. Yeah, his name was weird but a normal name really would not have suited him. And he felt that the 'fourth' balanced things out.

The sandy haired boy was surprised that all the teacher had said about his choice was that it was 'entertaining' which was probably what he had sort of been aiming for (though Fin generally tried to avoid goals and planning). The teacher certainly didn't look like she was about to kick him out, even if a few of his new classmates did. Apparently people took themselves serious at this place, which was probably going to make things interesting for Fin. For now though he glanced around, waiting to see what the next person sung.

Adalia

Adalia shook her head, she knew that she was going to run into cocky people here, but she was hoping for a break on the first day. "I'll go next." Adalia said and stood up, walking towards the front of the room with her dancer light steps, her balance practically perfect. Sitting on the stool to keep her from shaking she took a shaky breath and decided to introduce herself, "I'm Adalia Nixon, Ms. Edwards." Adalia's voice was very quiet and soft, she was shy in front of a group of people. "I would like to sing Beauty from Pain by Superchick.

"Here goes nothing." Adalia said to herself and went over the words in her head before she began to sing out the tune that was so familiar to her.

The lights go out all around me

One last candle to keep out the night

And then the darkness surrounds me

I know i'm alive but i feel like i've died

And all that's left is to accept that it's over

My dreams ran like sand through the fists that i made

I try to keep warm but i just grow colder

I feel like i'm slipping away

After all this has passed, i still will remain

After i've cried my last, there'll be beauty from pain

Though it won't be today,

Someday i'll hope again

And there'll be beauty from pain

You will bring beauty from my pain

My whole world is the pain inside me

The best i can do is just get through the day

When life before is only a memory

I'll wonder why God lets me walk through this place

And though i can't understand why this happened

I know that i will when i look back someday

And see how you've brought beauty from ashes

And made me as gold purified through these flames

Someday i'll hope again

Here i am, at the end of me

Tryin to hold to what i can't see

I forgot how to hope

This night's been so long

I cling to Your promise

There will be a dawn

Someday i'll hope again

Nixon

Nixon sighed in relief as the teacher said nothing about his late entrance, but sucked in breath as his sister stood up and walked down to the front of the class. She was never good in crowds and he was surprised when she actually volunteered to sing and he didn't have to drag her down there. Nixon listened carefully as she began singing, giving a slight grimace if she hit a wrong note, which she did only once or twice. Nixon clapped when she finished singing, making Adalia blush and glare at him. Nixon gave a short laugh and winked at her, making her giggle.

[so I can get a post up for my other character im going to put Braydon in Vocal too]

Braydon sat in the back of the class, he sat behind Clara to be exact. He would bet anyone a grand that no one noticed him. When Adalia finnished he put his hand up "I'll go" he said as he rose from his desk. He jogged down to the floor and slid to a stop, spinning around at the chair, he chose to stand. Braydon liked to make an entrance, that was the best he could do without coming off as a show off. "I'll sing Top of the world by the all American rejects" he said with a raise of his eyebrows. It was the only..heavy beat song he liked really and he loved to sing it.

He cleared his throat as the song began and smiled, this would be interesting for sure.

Is there anybody out there?

That wakes up with a bitter taste?

It's a king that we put up there

And he's a short way to fall from grace

It's slowly filling upward.

You can stand but you have no ground.

I hear it from the lost words.

They say it's time that you lost your crown.

Braydon walked around the class as he sang, he could never sit or stand still.

Don't be so greedy.

A dollar's a penny to you

When hearts are beating

Say what you want 'em to do.

Wasting away... I see you.

When the top of the world falls on you

Finding a day, don't wanna be you

Is there anybody out there?

That can see what a man can change?

It's better that you don't care

Because he knows that he's in his stage

I feel the paranoia.

When there's a time, put you in your place

In the eyes of those who watch ya

Well they can wait 'til you hit your face

He ruffed his sisters hair up as he passed and was swatted at like an annoying bug which made him smile as he continued to sing and walk around.

Don't be so greedy.

When hearts are beating

Say what you want 'em to do.

Wasting away... I see you.

Finally a day, don't wanna be you.

Paint yourself a picture

When you waste another picture

And you win, and you win, and you win

Paint yourself a picture

And then you break another picture

And you win, and you win, and you win

And you win, yeah you win, and you win

Don't be so greedy

When hearts stop beating

Say what you want 'em to do

Wasting away... I see you

Wasting away... I see you

Braydon nodded as he took his seat again and looked around.

Kayley jumped when she heard her brothers voice and looked to him with a look that clearly read What on earth are you doing here?. She knew her brother was the king of the dance room and never realized he would dare sing too. Despite that she never realized he would be in her class.

She watched the other kids go and was pretty impressed with them and how they acted when they sang. It made her feel like she sucked but oh well, she was here, that alone blew her mind

Nixon

Nixon decided that he might as well get it over with now. "I'll go." He said as his low voice reverberated off the walls, with his slight southern accent. Nixon had study in Texas before coming to here and had grown a slight accent, but didn't show in his singing. Nixon stood and walked down the aisle to the front of the room, pulling his black Devil Wears Prada down.

"My name is Thomas Nixon, but please call me Nixon. I'll be singing 'One Slowdance' by Rufio." Nixon said with a smile, showing off his perfect white teeth. Taking a deep breath he began to hum to hum the beginning of the song, making sure he had to right key. His nerves had never affected his singing before, but there was always the possiblity that today would be the day.

Taking a deep breath again he began to sing out the words that he knew so well.

You're standing there alone

And so am I

But I want you here

By my side

Your smile at me

Is everything

The staring game

That song of love.

I look you in the eyes

I try to read you thoughts

I ask you to go with me

To a far off place.

Oh.

I look you in the eyes

I try to read you thoughts

I ask you to go with me

To a far off place.

You and me dancing the night away

You can feel my heart beating so hard.

We look eye to eye

And I'm swept away.

On a moonlit walk on the beach

Watching the sunrise for the first time

I'm in a trance

From that one slowdance.

You're standing there alone

And so am I

But I want you there

By my side

Your smile at me

Is everything

The staring game

That song of love.

I look you in the eyes

I try to read your thoughts

I ask you to go with me

To a far off place.

Oh.

I look you in the eyes

I try to read your thoughts

I ask you to go with me

To a far off place.

You can feel my heart beating so hard.

We look eye to eye

And I'm swept away.

I'm in a trance

From that one slowdance.

We don't have to talk,

We don't have to laugh at all

I just want you here with me

We don't have to talk,

We don't have to laugh at all

I just want to be

You and me

You can feel my hearting beating so hard

We look eye to eye

And im swept away.

I'm in a trance

From that one slowdance.

OCC: FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME!

Callie watched the others stand up and sing. It was nice seeing how the others caught on to the music and got into the beat. I glanced up seeing 3 others slide into the room. She new how they felt about being late to a class, she had learned that in english. Just making it before the bell. Then seeing Braydon slide in was a huge surpise. The king of the dance hall in the a sing class? she thought to her self. He sung pretty good thought. Tapping her pen lightly up agaist her note pad, to a beat she was thinking of she listened.

Through the beat was more or less her 'play' guitar beat for now. Pushing her wavy brown hair out of her face she let out a breath. The Phineus Furley kid was a bit insane. She had never in her one year being here, seen someone stand up and do that one before. Laughing softly, her green eyes showed amusement in them. The joke of the day had already came up.

Braydon slumped back in his seat with a smile, he loved that song and loved how he sang it, of course he knew that in parts he screwed up but for a king of the dance hall he was pretty proud. He listened to the other kids sing and was impressed. He knew he would talk to pretty much everyone here and try and make as many friends as possible.

- - -

Kayley looked back at her brother and shook her head, this was her scene not his. She loved her brother to death and they were tight but she didnt want to have to compete against him. Oh well at least she had someone to push her to her best now. She watched everyone go up and sing and was really impressed with Nixon. He definitely wasn't as he appeared.

?Well,? Justin began, setting the guitar on his lap and resting his elbows gently on the instrument. ?They kicked me out of the first grade when I turned 16, said I kept beating up all the little kids. So from there I just sat and worked on the farm talking to our cows.? His face showed no emotion, but he soon cracked and a clean white smile grew across his face. ?But I must say, there is nothing wrong with country music.? His smile stayed plastered to his face as he flipped up the guitar and started to strum along the strings.

OOC:Hee hee Justin...That's my BF's name...And he actually is a major in Instrumental lol...Bowlegs because you love me sooo very much...And cuz I really do major in vocal and instrumental proformance...Can I join?Pweese?

Hadley's bright eyes widened when he mentioned being thrown out. She was frightened that she'd actually offended him. Her words usually came out before she had times to think about it, and she hadn't really meant what she'd said. When he smiled though she released a sigh of relief and couldn't help but laugh.

"You? A bully? And sixteen, huh? That seems kind of young for first grade."

She was excited that he could make her laugh when she didn't want to. Hadley hadn't had a friend like that in a long time. Turning back to face him completely, she tucked her legs back under her so that she could sit indian-style.

"I agree, I actually don't mind country music."

OOC:Hee hee Justin...That's my BF's name...And he actually is a major in Instrumental lol...Bowlegs because you love me sooo very much...And cuz I really do major in vocal and instrumental proformance...Can I join?Pweese?

I got the name from Justin Nozuka lol im like obsessed with his music recently.

&yes you can joiiiin :D

Students are in their major classes. The vocal students are having an open mic for their first day, and right now Hadley and Justin are the only ones in the instrumental major class, and they are just talking.

I think thats it :)