Sign in to follow this  
KyKy14SpeedHorse03

Inland Hurricane In Southern Illinois

Is mother nature really punishing us? The first ever recorded Inland Hurricane in Illinois just happened almost a week ago now. It left cities without power, without water, and thats not all... another storm is suppose to hit.... and it's STRONGER????!!!!!

I will post more information about the coming storm and I am probably going to drive down to the affected areas and get some photographs for everyone. It is absolutely devastating... It's amazing how much damage it did.

You can also type in Illinois Inland Hurricane on google.com and find it...

It barely missed us, and to all of those who are in the area, I pray for you at this time and hope this coming storm is not as bad as they are saying it is going to be...

I was in that hurricane. I was at work at the hospital and my son was at daycare. They are still cleaning up. Many trees in people's houses. I watched the some of the storm and it was like the pictures you see for hurricanes in the south. Our house was fine thankfully and we are all good.

The storm was not near as bad as the meteorologists said it was going to be (this past storm front that hit last night)/

-Schuy

wildtyger13: I am glad you are safe and sound. Which county are you in?

The storm was not near as bad as the meteorologists said it was going to be (this past storm front that hit last night)/

-Schuy

wildtyger13: I am glad you are safe and sound. Which county are you in?

I live in Williamson County. Since the hurricane on May 8th we have had some storms with hail and downpours but nothing with that intensity. There are still big trees lying in the side of the roads and there are bare spots in the tree population. People are still fixing their roof's and homes from the damage. The daycare told me that my son slept through the whole thing when I was able to pick him up.

Well at least your son wasn't awake when it hit! I would think that would be tramatizing.

I am glad to here you are doing fine. Do you ever go to Williamson Co. barrel races? At the Justin Dodd Memorial Arena? Or possible Christopher Saddle Club?

Well at least your son wasn't awake when it hit! I would think that would be tramatizing.

I am glad to here you are doing fine. Do you ever go to Williamson Co. barrel races? At the Justin Dodd Memorial Arena? Or possible Christopher Saddle Club?

Sometimes I have gotten to the fairgrounds to watch the barrel races. I have noticed the stable I used to board at when I had my horse hosts barrel races a lot. Been meaning to go over there and watch. I didn't know they had a memorial arena for Justin. Where is that at? I was living in Northern Illinois when he passed away. Never been over to the Christopher Saddle Club, even though it isn't that far of a trip.

I'm Guessing you boarded your horses at King Farms (if i remember right) / Southern Illinois Equestrian Center?

They renamed the Williamson fairgrounds arena to the Justin Dodd Memorial Arena.

You've probably seen me run! I have the name they always mispronounce (Schuy Okraj) . lol..

Christopher has a neat little arena. Real small shows though. Doesn't draw much a crowd but it is a pleasant and fun atmosphere!

I'm Guessing you boarded your horses at King Farms (if i remember right) / Southern Illinois Equestrian Center?

They renamed the Williamson fairgrounds arena to the Justin Dodd Memorial Arena.

You've probably seen me run! I have the name they always mispronounce (Schuy Okraj) . lol..

Christopher has a neat little arena. Real small shows though. Doesn't draw much a crowd but it is a pleasant and fun atmosphere!

Yeah I used to board at King's. In fact that was wear I had my accident with my horse in 2004 when I was trying to get back into barrel racing. I was also working at Rusty Spur at the time. I was hanging around with a girl that was on the SIU rodeo team and we took my horse to the Williamson County fairgrounds for a barrel race and she raced her. I might of seen you run. :smilie: