Sign in to follow this  
Indestructible

Thoroughbred Downs

Thoroughbred Downs is well known for their famous Thoroughbreds, their energetic races and their breathtaking facility. The horses here are treated like gold, there is no shady abuse, its quite frankly forbidden by everyone and the jockeys know better, if they cause harm to a horse their careers are flushed down the toilet. Karen Gold is the owner of this facility and manages everything herself with help from workers around the stables.

Jockeys come from all over the globe to work here, race here, and even just come to spectate. Karen likes to keep the place spotless, which every horse savvy person knows that its difficult with horses, Karen does not care, she polishes everything and makes sure no stall is dirty when a horse returns to it from a race.

Horses:

Race name: Northern Dancer

Barn name: Dancer

Personality: Full of spunk, he doesnt stop moving and is always alert.

Quirks: Can get fairly strong and likes to start out strong in a race

Picture: Dancer

Race name: Loyal Lyric

Barn name: Lyric

Personality: She is one of the calmer horses, she doesnt pull stunts but has power in her.

Quirks: She jigs everywhere, you might as well make it a gait for her.

Picture: Lyric

Race name: Picturesque

Barn name: Poet

Personality: He is the stunt puller, he rears, he strikes out but he wins the races.

Quirks: Rears, Strikes, Spunky, Jigs, Kicks on occasion

Picture: Poet Poet 2

Race name: Little secret

Barn name: Lily

Personality: She is much like Poet but in the mare version. She thinks she is the best and shows it.

Quirks: Rears, Bolts, strikes and Jigs

Picture: Lily

Race name: All styled up

Barn name: Bling

Personality: He is pretty level headed, can act up and is a horse that will be up at the front winning by a hoof over the line

Quirks: Jigs, Acts up on hot walker

Picture: Bling

Race name: Whirlaway

Barn name: Whirl

Personality: He is a sweet horse outside of the track but as soon as he is on the track he gets spunky

Quirks: Jigs, Rears, is strong

Picture: Whirl is on the left

General rules apply

- You may bring your own horse to board and ride when not working

- Karen needs an assistant PM me if interested

- Can have as many jockeys, stable hands ect doesnt really matter

- As many characters as you like, keep up with them though.

Who are you?

Name: [bOLD]

Occupation: [stable hand, Karens assistant, Jockey, Exercise rider, groom]

Horse you race/work with:

Picture:

Other:

Got another horse?

Race name:

Barn name:

Quirks:

Picture:

Other:

Overview

Stalls

Hot walkers

The track

The barn, there are 3 of these in a triangle type area at the barn

Edited by Indestructible

Who are you?

Name: Shelly Walker

Horse you race/work with: All of them

Race name: ImaStorminTrouble

Barn name: Macy

Personality: Macy is a generally generic filly. She doesn?t have anything that stands her out of the crowd, but will show you she?s something to look out for.

Quirks: Doesn?t load well. Can be a little easy to wind up when around other horses around the gate. You have to load her quickly or she starts to go crazy before the race even beings.

Picture: Macy

Name: Karen Gold

Horse you race/work with: All of them, Bling and Whirl are her favourites

Picture: Karen

Name: Ryan Wolfe

Horse you race/work with: Poet mostly

Picture: Ryan

Other: Ryan is Karens nephew, His parents dont care to much about him so they gave him to Karen when he was 2 years old and grew up around thoroughbreds, on the track, learning everything from the ground up. Poet is technically his horse but since he cant race him he only exercises him and takes care of him, Poet loves him and doesnt pull AS many stunts with him.

Alright...I wasn't going to join this until I saw Northern Dancer haha Northern Dancer is my horses grandfather.

Save me a spot! I'll post my stats later and I have dibs on Northern Dancer =p

Edited by Wild Horse Feathers

Mind if I join?

Name: Kayla Winters

Horse you race/work with: Lyric

Picture: http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/2/...7/BrittKoth.jpg

Other: Grew up around horses and just started her Jockey career

Got another horse?

Race name: Big Brown

Barn name: Taz

Quirks: prances everywhere

Picture: http://southerngaming.com/wp-content/uploa...own_belmont.jpg -in halter

http://blogs.tampabay.com/poker/images/200...racing_kygj.jpg -head shot

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/ap_big_..._080517_ssh.jpg -close up running

http://robertarood.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/big-brown.jpg -running

Other: Kayla birthed him and has owned him since

Edited by jumpergirl23

OOC: O.o i forgot we had this, lets start now :)

Karen:

Karen was up early, 6am to be exact, it was practice today so she expected all of her riders and employees to be here shortly. Thoroughbred downs was her new place, prior to the business she was manager to every race track in the area of California. She was deffinatly knowledgeable and loved her race horses. She bred them to the finest and treated them like gold. As she grabbed her usual mug of coffee, placed her black base ball cap on with the barns logo on it in white stitching, brown hair pulled back in a pony tail and sticking out the back.

Karen made her way down the red rocked path that led to the stables and walked into the barn she let out a whistle that all the horses already knew as all of them stuck their heads out of their stall doors and nickered softly. "Hello guys" she said sweetly. She knew her nephew would be down, or already was down feeding the horses and cleaning their stalls. Karen walked up to Bling's stall "How are you my boy?" she asked as she stroked his muzzle.

- - -

Ryan was up a bit late, he heard his Aunt leave the house and was out shortly after. He had to jump on the bobcat and haul the three hay bales he had in the back around the property, feeding horses. He stopped at the broodmare pasture and threw in some hay for them then made his way to the next pasture with the yearlings in it. He fed the horses like this until he went down the aisles of the barn, hearing the nickers and moving hooves on the matted stall floor as he fed them each their food. Waving to his Aunt he left the barn, finishing other chores.

- - -

ALL RIDERS READ:

DEAR RIDER/EMPLOYEE:

YOU WILL MEET IN THE AISLE IN THE BARN

7AM TO BE EXACT. I WILL ASSIGN YOU YOUR HORSE THAT YOU

ARE TO WORK WITH AND EXPECT YOU TO BE PUNCTUAL, WELL DRESSED

AND READY TO BREEZE THE HORSES, AND WORK THEM AS YOU SHOULD KNOW

HOW. YOU WILL SPEND ALL DAY OUT AT THE BARN, MYSELF, KAREN GOLD AND

MY NEPHEW RYAN WOLFE WILL SHOW YOU THE ROPES.

THANK YOU AND SEE YOU SOON;

KAREN GOLD

BARN OWNER AND MANAGER

THOROUGHBRED DOWNS

All riders recieved ^ this letter prior to coming to the stable.

Kayla had got the letter the day before and was looking through her closet to find her breeches and shirt. Once she had found them she put them on and hurried to the bathroom to brush her teeth and pull her hair back in to a low ponytail so she could still wear her helmet. Kayla was very much looking forward to working with the horses today and to see her own horse agian.

Hurrying out the house she pulled on her tall boots and grabbed her car keys. She walked out the door and clicked the unlock button on her remote. Her range rovers lights flashed and honked once signaling all the doors had been unlocked. She jumped in the car and drove to the barn.

Once at the barn Kayla walked down the aisle and waited next to Taz's stall until the meeting had started.