Sign in to follow this  
Beckham03

Dressage Chit Chat #26

I am tall, long legged and long in the torso. I generally don't have a problem staying balanced on horses that are freaking out either. Bucking, kicking, rearing, spinning, bolting, exploding, I do pretty good staying with them. However, I am pretty sick to death of having to defend myself on this thread of my riding abilities and I am not at all worried about being able to handle riding my youngster when the time comes, so I am done with this subject. I believe I will stick to discussing it with people that believe in me, and know my abilities, rather than folks that assume that I can't/won't be able to handle it, on a freaking message board. And KTS, I am hardly unfit and uncoordinated and I have been riding for 33 freaking years. Good night all!

Edited by Boocoo

Boocoo, I hope you didn't take anything I said personally. I'm built like you are too, so I know that sitting some of those goofy young horse moments is not too difficult (except in the new slippery western saddle with my stirrups a good couple holes too long, that one got me). I think you will be just fine. I personally am not too worried about it, its just an adjustment to an entirely different type of movement for me.

No Shiloh, nothing you said ever annoys me. You offer some very good advice and are very helpful in a positive and encouraging manner.

KTS ? I refuse to be that person that jog-trots my horse through a 1st level test!! I will master the sitting trot before I enter a show ? even if it kills me. sigh.gif I wish I could run, but it gives me terrible shin splints so running is out for me. Right now I?m trying to decide if the best way to work out this horrible stiffness and soreness would be some yoga tonight or just go out to the barn and hop on the beast and ride it out. We worked probably close to 10 minutes of sitting trot on Sunday though my muscles feel like it was more like 10 hours!! We worked on the second track and did one walk transition on each long side. Doesn?t seem like much, but honestly, he just can?t do more transitions than that right now. He isn?t solid enough in his trot. By the time I have his trot back together and prepared from the last transition, we are at the middle of the next long side for ready for the next transition.

Shantel ? Congrats on losing the 10lbs!! Well done!! BC can really do a number on your body. You will love the yoga class at the gym, but if you find you can?t make it there on a regular basis, check your cable guide. Yoga has been popular enough that you can probably find a yoga program on TV to tape and do at your convenience at home. I was doing yoga and pilates at the gym for 6 months, but now that I have Lieto, my time is too short to work in a scheduled class. I have been recording shows on the DVR to do at home whenever I can work in the free time. Much more convenient. GOOD LUCK with the job interviews!! fingersx.gif Sounds like you REALLY need a new job. That is not a good working environment that you are in right now.

Boocoo ? I?m not really sure why you are all up in arms all of a sudden. Honestly, was it the fact that I said I had a lot of respect for people such as yourself that could start horses from weanlings?? Was that what caused you to feel you have to ?defend yourself???? Or was it the fact that I said after spending months working out and preparing myself for the bigger gaits of a WB, *I* still wasn?t physically fit and coordinated enough to sit them?? Or was it when I said that *I* wasn?t built in a fashion that particularly suited bigger moving gaits. I never said you couldn?t handle your horse, or bring him along or sit his gaits. I said it would take a lot of fitness to do it. That?s it. I said that I wasn?t a good enough rider to handle a weanling/unbroken horse, not that you weren?t. I know you have brought on and trained horses from that age before, and enjoyed it. Those just aren?t skills I have, and I freely admit it. If I come on this board to discuss issues that I am having with riding/training, and you decide to take what I am saying personally, then I would say the problem lies with you. I apologize if my discussing MY issues somehow offended you, but that doesn?t mean that I?m going to refrain from discussing my training/riding issues in the future for fear of offending you. Rather than blowing a gasket at an attack that was never even launched or intended, perhaps you could actually think through and offer helpful suggestions for getting into better shape or learning to sit the bigger gaits. THAT would have far more helpful than making accusations of an attack that wasn?t even there. Guess that never occurred to you because you were too busy thinking I was out to get you. Nice that you have such a LOW opinion of me. Thanks so much for that. I truly do appreciate it.

~Shelly~

Smithereens you did insuate that if I am not in the absolute greatest of shape that I could not sit my WB babies trot, never taking into consideration that I am already riding a very difficult horse with a hard to sit trot. No he's not a WB, but he does have a very nice and very huge trot. And I already posted what I am doing to get into better shape. Perhaps you should think about the way you say things before you type them. You yourself stated I shouldn't feel like you are out to "get" me. So you must realize how your posts about this subject have come across. And you know darn good and well, I never said to stop posting about your own issues and training issues. Get real. That is not what is so offensive here. What is so offensive is your insinuating that I can't/won't be able to handle it unless I am in the best shape. Certainly one needs to be in good shape to ride these big horses and certainly I am no skinni minni, but since you have never seen me in the flesh, or seen my actually ride aside from photos, you are in no position to assume I can not and will not be able to sit any WB trot, schoolmaster, 4 year old, or otherwise. That is what you said that I feel is an attack on me. Maybe you didn't mean it that way? But that is how it comes across.

Edited by Boocoo

Boocoo, please show me where I said you have to be a "skinni-minni" as you put it, in order to sit the trot. Never once anywhere did I say anything or insinuate anything of the such. THAT WAS YOU that brought that up, not me - because I don't feel that is the case. I could care less how much someone weighs. I said you have to be fit and coordinated. You need a good balanced seat, a strong core, and an overall fitness level (meaning endurance/cardio). If you ASSUMED I was on some rant that all riders needed to be a size 2, that was totally your error, and I will NOT apologize for something I did not mean nor insinuate in the slightest. I still stand by my outright assertion (not insinuation) that in order to sit a big trot, ANY rider must be VERY fit and coordinated. I did NOT assume that you could not or would not be able to sit your WB?s trot; however, if you are not fit and coordinated (LIKE ME!!) you won't be able to sit it, if you are fit and coordinated, you will do just fine. That is all I was saying. Nothing more, nothing less. Since Beau has such a big trot that you are already handling just fine, you are probably already in better shape (fitness/coordination wise) than I am to handle your WB's big gaits. Apparently you decided that you wanted to make this about weight when it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with weight. Regardless of whether a rider weighs 100 or 500 lbs, the rider STILL has to be fit and coordinated AT his/her weight to be able to sit a big trot.

So once again I repeat myself - I was not out to get you; however, you decided to read something into my words that was never there and took it as a personal attack on yourself. I will not apologize for making non-existent insinuations. Rather than ASSUME people are going after you and attacking you, if you don't understand what they mean, or think they are "insinuating" something deeper, ASK them exactly what they mean because clearly in this case you did not understand what I meant by "coordinated and fit" and took it to mean SKINNY - which is NOT what I meant.

~Shelly~

Posted by Smithereens: So Boocoo, Shantel, and whoever else out there has these nice, fancy WB babies ? do yourselves a favor, start prepping NOW!!! The sooner the better. Get yourselves in the best shape possible so that when the time comes to back those big moving animals, you will have the core strength and fitness to ride them the best that you possibly can because those big gaits are not a joke.

Your above post insinuates that I am not in shape and do not currently have the core strength to ride a WB's big gaits. That is offering unsoliciated advice and making assumptions.

I never assumed you meant skinny either. I knew you meant coordinated and fit. A skinny person would also have to be fit and coordinated to ride well. We all know that. Now then, nuff said about this already. I am not going to keep arguing with you!

Edited by Boocoo

Boocoo-Easy there tiger.I think Smithereens just meant don't be surprised if you find yourself feeling a bit undershape for sitting the big Wbs trota. It is like a whole different ball game.I think it was just meant as a friendly warning.

KTM-I don't envy your job/boss. Don't you love know it all bosses who prove them selves wrong.LOL.

3Day-Thanks for the info.

Cheese has the day off. Went for a walk before it got to hot.Now I am addicted to the horse racing game on facebook. I really need to go getsome sleep though.

Boocoo, I meant exactly what I said. To ride the bigger gaits, you need to be in the best shape possible. Honestly, I don?t think any of us AA?s can claim to be in the best shape possible. Not for lack of want, desire or dedication, but simply BECAUSE we are AA?s, and we have lives that take up time and energy. We don?t have the luxury to sit around in a gym half the day and work on our core strength and fitness, nor do we get to sit on 6 different horses a day the way the pros do. We squish our riding in between life, family, work and responsibility. That doesn?t leave time for much else. I do think as riders we are in better shape than the average person, just not in the best shape possible. I think there are very few AA?s out there that are truly prepared to handle the bigger gaits of a WB, and when faced with them, there are those that suck it and learn to ride the gaits, and those that comprise the gaits to suit their own lack of skills.

So excuse me for offering UNSOLICITED ADVICE that the bigger gaits take a little extra in the way fitness and coordination to sit. I was trying to help, not attack. I wasn?t aware that all of a sudden, according to you, unsolicited advice is no longer allowed on this forum. I rather thought that was the whole point of the forum ? to seek and offer advice. Despite the fact that I do NOT know whether or not you currently have the ability to ride the bigger gaits, I feel confident in saying that you have demonstrated your dedication to the sport here enough times that it more than proves that you are the type of rider that would suck it up and learn to ride big gaits rather than compromise the horse?s gaits, so I was TRYING to be helpful by giving you the heads up that the bigger gaits need that extra bit of fitness and coordination. The fact that you seem to think I have some ulterior nasty motive in mind, well, sorry, but I just don?t know what to say to that.

Perhaps you would do well to remember that this is a message board where you can see the words on the screen but not hear the inflection of how they are delivered or see the person?s expression. If you want to be a pessimist and go around seeing the worst in everyone though, I guess that is your choice. You can try to twist this any way you like, but the fact of the matter is that you read something into my words that just wasn?t there. I never launched an attack on you. I never said you couldn?t ride your horse. I never said you weren?t in good shape. I?m sorry you read something into my words that wasn?t there and took them in a fashion that just wasn?t intended, but I?m not going to sit here and second guess every word I type wondering how you are going to take it, and if there is any way it can be misconstrued. I don?t have the time for that. If you think I am attacking you, just ask. Much easier than getting yourself all riled up over something that truly isn?t there.

c.s.a. ? Yes, that is precisely how I meant it.

~Shelly~

OK so I am really annoyed today. We have gotten 7 out of 40 reply card for the wedding. So we are having to track people down at the last minute. Pretty sure none of them are attending, but we have to give the caterer a final number by today.

So I posted a message on both my MySpace and my fiance's to the effect of "how freaking hard is it to return the dang stamped envelope" and someone from his family, who has continued to rub in my face how we moved our wedding after she made reservations to come down here, before anything was finalized for a wedding here, posted this nasty reply about us taking out our stress on others. Seriously?? I've not been the slightest bit rude to her. She griped about her "non refundable plane tickets", and then cancelled those.

I mean really, how in the heck am I supposed to give my mom a number for his family and my friends if no one bothers to reply??

Seriously - 7 out of 40??? I would cancel the whole thing, save your money and elope!! Have a GORGEOUS vacation somewhere instead. Truly not worth the hassle. That is unreal. That is rude to not reply. Whether you are coming or not, send the card back and let them know so that a head count can be made. You are not being unreasonable at all. I can't believe your friends and family are doing this to you. That is not right.

~Shelly~

I had the same issue. I also included phone numbers and email addys. Still had like 5 people out of 75 reply. Ended up with like 60 people though.

Oh my gosh, that sucks! That's getting me worried about my wedding too now. I can totally see that happening. What is wrong with people? Aaargh! I'm sure your parents want there to be a wedding, so if it's just super-close and small, that's great too. Really, it's about you and your hubby, not all these other people.

Somebody I know had a GORGEOUS wedding with maybe ten/fifteen people there. Just her parents, his parents, and a couple of family bridesmaids/groomsmen. They were decked out in beautiful dresses/tuxes, had a photographer, catering, etc. Everything but the crowd, and she loved it. There's something to that, I think.

Edited by e.s.dressage

I had people who called at the last minute to say they were coming, then didn't. Another who decided to bring their newborn and some free loading cousins who skipped out at the ceremony, ate at my parents' all weekend and never bought me a gift. OOOH, and the ones that brought the newborn said to tell them what I needed after I opened my gifts and they would buy us that...I tried to and she acted like I had two heads. Never got that gift and now I am bitter all over again!!! HAHAHA!

And there certainly were some people who never sent the cards but are coming, mainly my family in KY. But My fiance's family, who my mom doesn't know at all and has no way to get in touch with, and who my MIL doesn't really even talk to that often, just never sent the cards back. Some of them we knew probably wouldn't come, but some of them said they were going to try to come and then never sent the replies. And I am really sick of one of my aunt-in-laws rubbing it in my face how we moved the wedding after they made their reservations, even though they made their reservations right after we got engaged!

And the wedding it still on, maybe 30 people in total will be there. But damned if I am ever sending invites with any instructions to RSVP again, for anything. And I am also not going to go out of my way to be nice to that aunt-in-law anymore either after she acts like people not RSVP-ing is just no big deal and not to bother others with "my stress".

WOW.

Drama on the boards.

Drama at work.

Drama Llamas everywhere!

Lets all smile and remember this is the internet and when we are just typing words it is hard to get the true tone. We all have amazing things to share with each other - experiences, tips, vents, etc. Its hot, the weather sucks, money is tight (well at least for me it is) and we are all probably a little tired. Lets not take that out on each other.

So I just am so exhausted that I cannot type out all the lovely drama from work day.

Short summary:

Morning huddle - boss total poo face to receptionist that is only staying 2 weeks to help him out

Receptionist gets pissed because boss is being a poo face

Receptionist leaves note on poo face boss' desk informing him that she can no longer take the sarcasism in this office and sees no reason to stay until Tuesday due to the hostile environment and today is her last day.

Poo face boss tries to be super duper nice to everyone to cover up his poo facedness.

I get stuck there late cleaning up and poo face boss comes over and starts in about receptionist and talking smack - because its SOoOooOoo professional...

Poo face boss said that he must have pissed of the receptionist so she made today her last day.

Then poo face boss states that hes really good at pissing people off and that he just needs to go work at a fire station or police station with a bunch of men because men just think so fast that they dont have time to sugar coat it and are blunt and women just get too emotional.

Dental assistant (me) throws up in her mouth... egotistical bastaddddd...

Poo face boss then says "not to be c. ock. y but the lady I hired to replace receptionist was offered receptionist's new job first and turned it down to work here"

First - "not to be c. ock. y" is like saying "Hey yall, watch this!" *best southern drawl*

Secondly, that is a total lie as receptionist spoke to new lady before she interviewed here and she had not been offered the job.

There are various other things poo face boss said that poor little dental assistant (me) had to turn away from him to avoid laughing in his face.

Hes so freaking full of himself. Hes telling himself things lies to make himself feel better about ****** up another employee and being a complete a$. $.

Meanwhile, hes talking crap about receptionist, and all Im thinking is "I cant wait to give my 2 weeks..."

Of course, poo face boss has already talked crap about me behind my back (all remember the story about me b!tching him out a few months ago for calling me a cancer in the office?!?) so who cares if he does it some more because this time Ill give him a reason - Ill leave his butt!

Tomorrow should be interesting.

I smell like OFF Deep woods - mosquitos are just... there are no words. My horses look like they are having an allergic reaction to something because they are covered in welts. I dont know what else to do. Ive given them benedryl and COVERED them in OFF. Fly sheets. NOTHING WORKS.

I hate bugs.

Going to go shower and scrub the OFF well.. off.

I leave with a posting of the lovely Florida weather this evening, storms and lightning, followed by a beautiful sunset with storm clouds. Excuse the quality - these were taken with my cell.

Looking out from under the barn

0804092019.jpg

Looking out over the oaks

0804092015a.jpg

Edited by KrazyTBMare

Shantel, that totally sucks about your boss. I am keeping my fingers crossed regarding your job interview.

You should also reword your picture captions to read "NORTH Florida sunset" because down here, we don't get these things you call storm clouds. I am starting to wonder if I didn't move to the desert!

The bugs here have been pretty bad too, though its more the flies and gnats. Its been too dry for the mosquitos recently. They were out earlier though, and I swear some of them were about 3/4" long. How much benadryl are you giving? I found out last summer that I wasn't giving nearly enough. For example, Lucy gets 24 pills, and she is about 1200lb. Mir gets 20 pills, and he is about 1000lb. Do you have regular fly sheets or the special fly and mosquito sheets with the superfine mesh? I have the latter, and it really helps Mir. Lucy is getting one next year, but right now I am too broke so I just fly spray her.

Shantel - I think if anyone right now says that money is flowing for them, they would be lying. This recession has hit all of us. Some more than others, but honestly, I don't think there is anyone who hasn't felt the crunch to some extent - though perhaps I'm wrong. Dear god, how on earth did you manage to hold a civil tongue with that a$$ of a boss?? mad2.gif Truly, that deserves recognition. Hang in there, Shantel. Hopefully a new job will be on the horizon VERY, VERY soon. Didn't you say you are not required to give two weeks notice in Florida?? If that is the case, I would seriously consider writing your letter of resignation and only giving a couple of days notice due to the "hostile work environment". I really don't think I would give him 2 weeks. Once you find something new, get out as fast as you can. No one should have to deal with that. Ridiculous!! GORGEOUS photos!! I couldn't deal with the bugs (or snakes or heat) you have down there, but what a lovely sunset.

Shiloh - A nice small wedding will be more intimate, and you will get to spend time with the people that really matter most to you. Next time you have to invite people to some sort of a gathering, you will know who to invite, and who to just skip right on over!!!

~Shelly~

Fessor is sound! :grin: I rode him briefly this morning. The focus was simply on relaxation and rhythm, with a bit of alignment work to get us both straight. I think I may have simplified asking for lateral work by not trying so hard and simply turning my hips and shoulders, then letting my lower leg let him know where I want his haunches. It's a nice change from trying so hard that I lock my hips and overuse my reins. I still need to *think* about getting my lower leg back where it belongs and keeping my seat correctly "plugged in". But we're getting there. After all the discussion on the core strength needed to really sit a bigger trot, I think I will need to start working on fitness. I found our canter today improved when I slightly engaged my lower abs. I'm still learning how to engage the abs without tightening my lower back or hips. But today, I managed to engage a bit and still allow my hips and pelvis to swing with the motion of Fessor's canter. I am still hoping to get to a September schooling show, then showing 1st level at the rated show early in October.

Tracy

OK, now I can feel virtuous about the job search process. I now have an updated resume on: monster, career builder, desmoineshelpwanted, robert half, and the law school career center websites. Actually, in several cases I have two (identical) resumes -- one for an entry level law position and one for an experienced, non-managerial accounting position. Hopefully I'll start getting some nibbles! Next on the list is to look for the largest central iowa employers and seeing what they have available.

I stopped by the new Maffit Lake Equestrian Center to watch the first day of the AA rated H/J show going on this week. I found and caught up with a former trainer. That was fun! When I offered to help set jumps, I was told that she could use some help tomorrow. So I'll be helping hold horses and such since she has four horses in the welcome stake. I was also able to scout out the facility, since it is where the Iowa Dressage Classic will be held in October. I am *hoping* to compete there -- if finances will permit, of course!

Tracy

Hey guys! I'm down here in Lincoln with my folks, and I came across this picture:

img905.jpg I LOVE it! I had never seen it, but it is most certainly me and Dee doing some stadium at an event! Judging by the breast collar on Dee, this picture was taken during the first few years of our "partnership." I had two different breast collars, and the leather one with with white padding was the first of the two.

Shantel, Your boss needs to stick it up his ear. I'm serious. I can't believe the bozo still has clients! Good luck with the next interview. You need a change.

Tracy, Alright! Fessor is sound!!! Glad you had fun at the horse show. Must be nice to have those near your home... (day dreaming...)

Boocoo, when does your new guy come home? Here's my thought on this whole thing- whether you decide to push for that massive sitting trot (which he will be capable of delivering) or hold him back at a slow jog during a test, so be it- I could care less. You know what brings in the 8's and 9's and what brings in the 5's and 6's. Whatever it may be, I'm sure you'll be well informed as to how your new guy is coming along! I'm also sure that you'll enjoy the journey. As for me and my riding ablitiy- I have long legs and a short torso and a back that needs adjustments quite frequently... If I'm out of shape, forget it. When I'm getting strong, I do okay. I've never tried to sit a WB's trot, and honestly, I haven't much desire to do so, lol! I watched my husband's Holsteiner's big trot, and I was glad that I was not having to sit it, let alone post it, lol! But, that was also when I had been out of the saddle for 10+ years! Like I wrote earlier, I'll gladly stick to my flat moving TB's. Gotta love 'em!

Shiloh, I say, piss them all off and just elope, as mentioned by Smithereens! That'll teach them, lol! But in all seriousness, you don't need this kind of crap less than two weeks away from your big day! I mean, SERIOUSLY! Just plan on 75 (is that the correct estimate) for the reception. If there turns out to be too much food, then you'll have PLENTY of left overs to last you a month... Split it up among your family and friends, lol. Or, take the food to work! I hope things begin smoothing out for you sooner than later. It'll all be over and done with before you know it! BTW, I wanted to share that I was also up in arms over people not responding to the RSVP cards. I think I was more upset over the extra people who showed up, but who were not sent invitations.

ESD, it'll all work out just fine. Shiloh and ESD, remember that it's about the marriage, not the wedding....

While on the subject of weddings, what do you think about parents bringing their kids to a wedding where the kids were not specifically invited on the invitation? What about "adult only" weddings/receptions? Is it rude? Just wondering? There was a bit of a misunderstanding about this whole subject at my wedding. We were going for a very small wedding- dinner only reception, small-er room for the dinner. Chad invites a co-worker and his wife. They show up with five kids, and no where for the kids to sit at the dinner... I suppose we should had included "adult only" reception on the invitations, but then my SIL noted how that would be rude and how she wouldn't go to a "adult only" wedding... Just wondering.

I'll be in Liconln through Saturday. I would LOVE to be at home so that I could ride Jag, as we are just getting back into the swing of things, AND my summer is drawing into an end :-(.... I think I'm going to cry.

Sylves, I questioned the same thing because due to my injury, I have issues with much noise. And kids are loud. Especially the kids on my fiance's side of the family! That was part of the reason we decided to move the wedding to KY, where there would be far fewer kids who could attend anyway.

I was told that specifying "adult only" was rude as well. What I did choose to do was specify "quiet reception" on the invite. I also addressed the invitations to the parents, but I did end up adding the children's names underneath (because I knew they would not be coming anyway). Had the wedding been down here, everyone would have brought their kids no matter what I did. And yes, I do think it is quite rude to just show up with children when the invitation does not specify. If you can't get a babysitter, at least have the courtesy to ask if children are welcome at the reception!

But again, this goes back to manners, or rather lack thereof. It seems that everyone these days in "entitled" to do whatever they want, without regard for anyone else. Hence why I got so irritated at the one person who dared call ME rude for wanting people to RSVP. I will say that she lives near my aunt, and the fiance and I have been planning to go visit that area of the country at some point. Fiance is not terribly fond of her, though doesn't so much dislike her. But guess which side of the family we would be staying with.

Our wedding is going to be maybe 30 people. Some of my parents neighbors have been trying to invite themselves, but I want to keep it small. Hence why it was moved to KY. Well, that and my grandfather got sick with bone cancer, and then later had a heart attack. So making the trip down here wasn't possible for him. Fiance's grandfather will be making the trip (he is very healthy). His other grandfather doesn't leave the house and wouldn't attend even if we had the wedding here, so that was not a consideration.

ES, all I will say in planning the wedding is to do it how YOU want. People are going to give you a million opinions on how they think it should be done, and you cannot please them all. Especially if your fiance's family lives a ways away from yours. In the end, its your big day, and you are the ones who will have the memories for years to come. So make it something you want. Aunt Ethel or Cousin Rick can just deal with it. Once it's over, chances are they will forget anything you did to suit them anyway.

I am very much looking forward to the actually wedding day. Not the "I can't wait for it to be over" feeling at all. I just can't wait for the few rude people to no longer have this excuse to be rude. Because if they try it on the day of, I have a couple people who have agreed to tell them to shove it. If anyone gets in the way of my peaceful day, they can bite me :)

Shiloh-I have heard of adults only especially if there is liquer involved./Overestimating is a good thing. We did and I didn't have to cook for a week.

Sylves-That is a cool pic.

It was threatening to rain today. So I just hopped on bareback. She was a bit forward/distracted. The BO were doing something with a backhoe. Cheese wasn't to terrible for the distraction. Got some awesome walk work.Got one perct halt. The rest was head in the air what is going on type of deal.

Good Lord people, I don't know what any of you look like or how you ride, which is why I said "in general." I don't really care either.

I'm going to have a tough few weeks coming up, being out of town and letting go of Frasier, so adios. Not like I've had anything good or constructive to add to here lately anyway.

Go enjoy your new horses.

At work so this will be quick...

I went last night to drop off my resume and fill out an application at an office. I thought that was all I was doing but when I was done they were like "Oh well lets see if the Dr has time to meet with you"

Errrr I had been up since 530 and looked like crap but oh well.

He was SO nice and I really liked his demeanor. The office is to DIE for and the girls were all very nice.

The shortest time someone has been with him is 4 yrs - others are 10 yrs and 12 yrs.

He said after talking to me he really wants me to come back for a working interview.

It is further away - about 40 mins - so only 15 mins longer than now - but SO worth it.

Im excited.

Heres his website:

www.rcmdds.com

Gotta go clean my rooms and go home before the nasty thunder storms get here.. AGAIN.

KTS, why are you letting go of Fraiser? What else will be happening in the next two weeks?

KTM, Ew, Dr. Mullens is good looking too! He looks to be a younger dentist. I definitely think the longer commute will be worth it! Good luck!

Boocoo, KTS, Smithereens and whoever else is involved... I'm thinking this was a misunderstanding. There seems to be a lot of assuming and very little forgiving on ALL sides. I will try to make some assumptions to help me deal with the tension:

KTS is obviously in a sour mood. Her horse has been out of business, and that doesn't work with KTS as she is a go-go type of person. She is a high achiever, and with her best horse on stall rest, she is finding herself to be rather frustrated. Her comment about disliking nice WB's doing little trots in a 1st L test, complete with the annoyed tone is simply a reflection of her mood at the moment, although I'm sure she is never too impressed with WB's not being ridden well. We ALL know that the picture KTS painted for us does NOT bring in the highest of scores.

Smithereens must had had a bit of shock when she was instructed to sit her new horse's trot; she never dreamt the trot could be so big and bounce her around so much. While she THOUGHT she was physically ready for this, she quickly learned that it's more than she ever imagined. When I read her post, I assumed that the shock from Leito's trot and the excitment of finally having a GP prospect to train caused her to type what was on the top of her head. She probably included Shantel and Boocoo in her post (referencing the young new WB's) because you two were the first two people she thought of when typing the post. I believe that both Shantel and Boocoo were on the forefront of Smithereen's mind in a very positive way.

I could sort of sense that Boocoo was feeling slightly threatened by the previous posts about having to be in shape to ride big movers. I think she read pass the face value, and honestly, I do that myself on occassion (okay, Chad would tell you that I do it all of the time, and steriotyically so do all women...). Translating things in one's own mind- from a neutral stance to something threatening to one's own self- is self defeating. I do it all too often. My counselor is working on me to change that aspect of my thinking. Smithereens, admit it, you've taken what someone wrote or said the wrong way too at one time! I do it all of the time.

I think a simple- "Hey, Boocoo, I'm sorry you thought I was insinuating something negative about your riding or fitness. I did not mean any harm. I was just so excited and a little shocked with Lieto's massive trot, and I knew that you and Shantel will be facing the same trot in time-" would quickly pacifiy any hard feelings. I'll bet Boocoo would feel better in a heartbeat.

Edited by Sylves

and speaking of moods, there's Shiloh who's just having a hay day with this whole wedding planning! There's also Tracy who has to be patient and wait for her bar exam scores, which would drive me up the wall!

We had a fun day at the pool today. My parents belong to the Lincoln Country Club (NE), and let me tell you, WOW, the pool there is just like being at a resort or on a cruise. There are waiters with their trays walking around, people drinking cocktails along the poolside, a stack of clean towels at the counter, baskets for dirty towels and a CLEAN locker room complete wih marble benches and lovely wood lockers. I was laying in the pool by the stairs just thinking, man, HERE is my vacation I've been wanting-= this is perfect! The water was warm yet CLEAN. The life guards were chillin'. Everyone was in a good mood. I was surrounded by high class people. It was rather nice!

Shannon is sleeping upstairs, and I need to join her! Have a happy Friday everyone!

Edited by Sylves

Tracy ? So glad to hear that Fessor is sound without the need for a vet!! Fabulous news!! Sounds like you had a great ride. As far as engaging your abs without locking up your hips or lower back, have you ever done any yoga?? Not only has it helped me with flexibility, fitness, relaxation and focus, but it has also helped me learn how to isolate and engage individual muscle groups rather than all or nothing. It has also given me a better body awareness. You might find it very useful. Good luck in your job search!!

Sylves ? FABULOUS picture!!! On the ?adult only? question, if the invitation says ?Mr. and Mrs. X?, then I think it is rude of them to show up with 5 kids!! If it says ?Mr. and Mrs. X and family?, then bring the kids along. I think the choice is up the bride and groom whether to allow kids or not. It can quadruple your numbers if you decide to allow kids, and suddenly your expenses quite a bit more. Sylves, you make me laugh!! Trust me, I know how big of a trot Lieto had when I bought him. It was one of my concerns which is why I have been working to get myself into better shape overall to be ready when the time came to sit it. I THOUGHT I was in good enough condition/fitness, but apparently not judging from how sore I was for days after. I was trying to be helpful, not negative or hurtful. I appreciate your suggestion that I explain my motives, but I think that is what I did, several times, unsuccessfully, and Boocoo apparently does not believe me. At this point, I would rather just drop it rather than risk having my words taken in such a fashion that they are hurting someone?s feelings ? as that was not what I ever intended.

KTS ? Good luck letting go of Frasier. I know that will hard on you. It?s never easy saying goodbye.

Shantel ? That sounds very promising!! Nice office. Keep us posted.

Jack went out to the barn with me on Wednesday night to watch me ride. He hasn?t been out with me in a couple of weeks. It was nice that he could actually see a difference in Lieto ? both in his ground manners and under saddle, though we had an absolutely terrible ride. I had given him Monday and Tuesday off, and he was sluggish and lazy, and I could not get him to go FORWARD to save my life. He is always like that after more than one day off in a row. He is just in vacation mode. I have been having trouble with his canter transitions being sticky, and he doesn?t want to stay in the canter, but keeps dropping out of it before I ask him to transition back to trot. Well I managed to sort out that I?m just not being REALLY clear enough with my aids for a 4yo. I put my outside leg as far back as I could without disrupting my seat and the canter transition was nice and sharp, and then I managed to actually leave my leg way back and on through the entire canter, and we had POWER canter. So that solved that issue. It was my fault for not being clear enough with him. Probably why he has been antsy and bratty about his canter. I am confusing him, and therefore, he doesn?t want to canter. Jack did take a short video clip for me, but the clip is very dark, and he is so behind my leg and not working well (it was before I sorted out his canter work) that it just isn?t worth sharing. I?ll have to try to get some video/pic of some decent work. At least his new bit FINALLY came in last night, so I can put that on his bridle when I go to ride tonight. It is HUGE!! I ordered him a KK Ultra 5 and 1/2 in 18mm width which is a medium width, but it just looks positively enormous!! Guess I am used to looking at bits that are closer to 5? in length. It?s really heavy too. I hope he likes it. For what it cost, he BETTER love it!!! HA!!

~Shelly~

Ooh boy, drama on the board!

I'm not going to respond to any of that, but there has also been some great news on here so kudos to everybody who has great stuff going on!

As for kids at weddings, I have seen specific requests for no kids, and I think that's fine. I'll allow kids at mine. After all, my ten-year-old daughter (she'll be 11 when the wedding gets here) is going to be my Maid of Honor!

So, said fabulous daughter took a little video with my camera couple of days ago. It's not long and the quality isn't great because it's from a regular camera, not a real video camera, but it at least shows you guys Echo "in motion" Let's try this and see if it works (sorry for the arena rail in the way and the general "bumpiness" of the video): video of Echo

I have a lesson Sunday that I'm looking forward to. Maybe I can get some better video, or at least pics!

Hope everybody has a great weekend!!!

Edited by e.s.dressage