robertbel1

" I Am Still Fat And I Still Ride" #2

Goatmom - Beautiful pics!!! Sorry you are stressed. REALY sorry about your puppy.

AD- Was not meant to make you feel bad, you do breeze through quickly, let alone the time difference. But it's all good.

Quarterpaint - Hello there.

Bobbin, Forever, Spiffy, Zaar - I will continue to chat with ya all. Like you all said thats what this site is for.

Well gals I stayed off last night and was pretty darn lonely. I don't really know any one in this town and have made a point to keep it that way for a reason. LOL. Just for those that I see this morning reading, I have decided that I am not going any where. Afraid I have allowed my feelings to get attached to some of you characters and enjoy you way too much.

No politic'n allowed on this thread and let's keep it that way. If any one has a problem with the tittle we can change the dang thing. I only used it to make it easier to find for ya and thoise that don't come around too often.

Man alive sitting here with my shirt off and the back kitchen door open the air is giving goose

bumps. Not sure what the heck is going on with this cool weather this morning. WIth my luck will probably rain again. First guys I need to tell you that I have concentration problems

some times. The Dreaded Adhd but I take some thing for it but refuse to take narcotic like some. I have been reading and found that my memory problem is more associated with the

sleep apnea which you never get to the restful sleep stage and you wake hopefully gasping for air because you stopped breathing. I never dose more than two hours at a time. So if some times I am not making sense either I am so tired that I am out of it or not remembering. Feel free to correct me if I goof up. Just wanted to throw that in so you ornery gals understandme better. I am debating trying the apnea machine again but hate the things.

Well the Terrier is whining and in the living room standing on her hind feet looking out the window. NO she isn't that tall these 1890's windows are that low to the floor. SOme times I feel like I am living in frontier days here. The bricks bulged out and come off a house across the way so they are removing all of them and gutting the house. I have been looking at what the siding was under the bricks and that one is older than this one. LOL. You have to remember this is a civil war town with places here that existed then. Plus this place almost beat out Jefferson City, Missouri as the Capitol back then because of the River trade that it had as it is right on the Missouri. Well my dog is going to wake every one if I don't take her out and I sure don't want a puddle in the floor if that is the problem. Hang in there buddies.

Robert - Don't make that little guy, cross his legs...go we will be here later. [ROTFL]

Is your JRT one that runs around CONSTANTLY? Friend had one , it never stopped running around. thought it might kill over...it honestly ran constantly.

I never get on this early, but had to check if all our friends are coming back.

Robert: Glad to see you here! [Huggy]

Zaar, Goatmom and Quarterpaint: You fund us too!!! [Yay]

OK All, I have an 8:30 am dentist appointment and lots of errrands today but I will be back later!

Good morning gals. Yep that is the breed Appy. Book says I received from my sister-in -law after I had the pup to run three three times a day for an hour each. it aso said don't expect them to slow down when they get old as all they do is take a nap. LOL. Great now I see why the owner of the paint when I bought as a seven month old said with my physical condition I was crazy for getting a JRT and a throroughbred. [ROTFL] I think I understand her point better. LOL.

The JRT found a young pit bull in a back yard while I had her out to run in back. SHe knows no fear and it is going to get her in trouble if not killed one of these days. I have found now that I have to keep a leash on her as since my brother and his wife ruined her obedience training she will run to be petted now or meet a dog. The last scare was her running across the main drag of town to get to a couple walking the largest male Great Dane I have ever seen. She ran right up to the big brute and proceeded to put her front feet on his chest. The dog coud have swallowed her whole. He was that big. LOL.

Edited by robertbel1

I'm glad you came back Robert. You are what keeps this thread alive and hopping.

You should try the machine Robert, it would be better then you waking up dead one morning cause you quit breathing and didn't realize it.

GM, sorry about the doggy. BUt thank you for giving her a good few months.

Everyone else, [smiley Wavey] I'll be in and out today. At work but it's rather boring. Stupid economy.

Later Gators

I'm glad you came back Robert. You are what keeps this thread alive and hopping.

You should try the machine Robert, it would be better then you waking up dead one morning cause you quit breathing and didn't realize it.

GM, sorry about the doggy. BUt thank you for giving her a good few months.

Everyone else, [smiley Wavey] I'll be in and out today. At work but it's rather boring. Stupid economy.

Later Gators

Exactly on the economy. Because I was forced to retire early in 2004 I haven't the retirement

I should from investing. LOL. I was just about ready to take some of my investments and buy a place for the animals and myself when all the bad stuff was found out and the economy went down the tubes. Hence the loss of about forty percent value in life investments. So here I am waiting for the darn economy journey to come back so I can work up the courage to take

half the investments and buy a nice place with ample acreage for the horses. So yep I am hoping the politicians don't destroy the economy and it takes its natural process of returning to normal. LOL.

Edited by robertbel1

Forever - Isn't it funny how particular animals are. Just get your business done for goodness sake. LOL!

Goatmom - Love the pictures & sorry about the puppy. Atleast you were able to give her a real home.

Zaar - What beautiful red dun.

Spffiy - Hopefully your mom's car gets to workin better.

AD - How's all your horses?

Mudder - I hear ya about farming. We got our corn done. Now it's times to get everything ready for dailing. The round bailer is good to go, now it's just getting the square bailer up and running.

Bobbin - YEA! on the horses not needing their teeth floated.

Robert - Hopefully it will warm up for you in the might MO. Yesterday a high was around 60. That's too cold for this time of year.

AppLady - Sorry but I pop in and out of this thread a lot, just thought I would say Hi!

So much has been going on. Getting everything ready for bailing, fanch rodeos have started (hubby's team placed second), rodeos are starting in a little over a week, I'm managing a roping this weekend, it's just one thing after another.

Last week we were able to calf rope for the first time this year. Jr did pretty good.

2009_052209jrcalfroping0038.jpg

2009_052209jrcalfroping0042.jpg

2009_052209jrcalfroping0046.jpg

Duns I have a good roping saddle that really doesn't fit perfect because of the length on the Arabian, but with a long good pad it will work for off and on. If the economy returns I plan to buy a place for the animals and I. My question to you is can you recommend a book on training a horse for roping. I plan to buy a steer just to play around with nothing serious when I get a place. I have already gotten the Arabian use to a rope being twirled over her. I throw the end over the head and on the head to train her to accepting the rope as well as the rump. LOL. This is going to be just for entertainment and fun. As usual she accepted every thing quickly. LOL. As laid back as the quarter/thoroughbred is and her size she might be good at it too. I am not pushing her till she is four because of the back and hip bones not being solidified until 4-5 years old.

goatmom sorry had so much on my pea brain that I forgot to tell you that I too am sorry

for your loss. However I would not let that stop me from getting another and giving it the love and attention that it deserves. I always had trouble with the death of a beloved dog especially

when I became close to them. But decided the relationship is worth the tender heart when they pass. The memories of all the fun and closeness is enough to heal the loss. Again very sorry the

little one passed on you. Glad some one is checking into the breeder though.

Edited by robertbel1

Robert - There are a lot of very good videos and books to get you started on roping. These are some multiple world champion NFR ropers that have a great programs: Ricky Green, , Walt Woodward, these are just a few of the many out there. I really like both of these ropers as they have been there done that, and have a lot of expierience.

Also, most of the time when starting roping you start roping the dummy on the ground. You can use a bucket, a roping dummy with the plastic head on a bale... anything to get you used to throwing at a target. Get a steer is a good idea to start tracking around, this will get the horse used to following the movement of the steer.

Edited by Duns of Impact

Thanks Dun. Yes I have seen what you are talking about. I watch roping on RFD when they have it. Those robotic steers LOL. are really neat but I imagine you are talking several thousand dollars for some thing like that plus the up keep. The real thing is cheaper. LOL.

Not to change the subject but I just experienced some thing that I could not believe.

Was invited to another site which I am registered on some that I don't even go to any more.

But this was so out there have to laugh and tell a little. I was looking for some thing like general talk. Found an "off topic" thread. It was on OT day could the gals start an auction for

single men? [ROTFL] Let's just say that there must not be any censorship because I was laughing so hard at the exchange between one guy and the girls that my sides hurt. Pretty racy conversations. [ROTFL] Definitely not for the faint of heart. But since I am allergic to women guess there isn't any point of me joining. [ROTFL]

I could swear we had a earthquake this morning, I probably should look....mmmmm

Goatmom,

Nice pictures of the horses! They are looking good! I look at that grass and wish I had a big pasture to put mine in the summer. Have to dry lot them till we get the back side of the property cleared off and put grass in. I'd fence it in and just put them down there( 250 ft drop off to the bottom from the hill) but I've seen too many sticks stuck through the side of horses up here when they panick running away from bear and moose.

Zarr,

Love your mustangs color!

Duns,

Jr. Looks like a pro! Horses are great, haven't had time to mess with them. Just throw them hay and water to keep them puffed up. I'll be working more with them after my sister leaves...Gotta get that filly of mine on a trail this summer.

Appy,

[Huggy]

Journey,

Hope business picks up for you..

Bobbin,

Don't bite your tongue if you get novacain in your mouth. My poor hunny had a root canal last week and thats what he did.

Spiffy,

Sorry about the puppy videos, they didn't come out and I haven't had time to sit with them and take more. Right now its raining and I have to bring in three wet muddy dogs to feed so I can feed the puppies. They have gotten to playing war games in the giant hole their dad dug. They hide in it and jump the next sibling that walks by! [ROTFL]

Robert,

I see you kept your mares together in a herd...good for you!

Well I need to take a shower and head to town. We have a farmers rain today, hope people got their fertillzing done, its a perfect rain for that. talk at you buds later! [smiley Wavey]

AD

Alaska I would love to visit you some time. I mean where could I get my desired adrenaline

rushes better than with your 250 ft. drop offs and volcanic eruptions? LOL.

Hey guys just learned a lesson with Vista. Not a good idea to learn things by experimenting.

I came across a deal where you picked right hand or left hand and calibrate. I did a left hand then all of a sudden the whole screen turns on it side and the cursor is very difficult to control. Then it say no calibration possible. So I try to get the cursor to at least go to the outside edges of the window. Finally position on delete and the screen righted itself.

Another one I know nothing of Blue tooth but see that I can down load. So what the heck do a down load then it says to plug it in to continue. OOPS! Changed that one too. Maybe I best do a little reading of the manual you think? [ROTFL]

Yup hubby wanted view property. Of course thats before we got back into horses. We joke about having our own ski hill.I'll have to take a picture of it LATER. ITs too dang wet..

Angels birthday is today! [Yay] She turns four today. Gonna have her joints checked again and see if we can start her with our big butts on her. Vet said to hold off till this year last year. A common problem that occurs with draft crosses since they grow so fast so quick. Doesn't help with her daddys side being quick growers either. She went from 48 inches at birth to being 15 hands at one year old. Not a good day to take her picture wither dang it! I need to head to the big city right now, talk at you's later!

I put the volcano on hold till my sister gets here! Then I'll show her some fireworks! :winking:

AD

See that is what I mean always entertaining. I mean when you can schedule a volcano eruption for your sister what do you do for the fourth of July? [ROTFL] Your comment about maybe starting your horse this year. Until last year I wasn't aware that the back and hip of a horse do not solidify til 4-5 years old. Now I am even leary about riding my three year old. I ride her bare back and try to make sure it is only at a walk. Except for the one time where she took off at a lope to catch the Arabian with me on her bare back and just a halter. But that went into a buck almost immediately. Aren't I lucky? Knock on wood haven't been thrown for awhile now. Getting a better seat bare back and more perceptive on the signals of a pending buck. LOL. Wonder if those portable x-ray machines the vet can carry with them are very reliable as far as showing bone solidification. Not to even mention the concern for the cartilage and ligaments. I realize in the breeding they start so the foal is born at the earliest time possible for the year so that like a yearling in its class could be one day away from being a two year old. But to think on quarter horse futurity racing two year old is still being abused to me. So Alaska you are just going to go by a physical examination on yours? I had one filly black quarter horse out of a Champion reining mare end up with a bad hip at three and I started riding her at two. Thats why I am so hesitant to do much with my paint yet and she turns three in June.

Edited by robertbel1

Goatmom: Oh that bite's big time! I hope the state does something about that puppy mill now. Sad she had to die before anything would get done though. [Huggy]

Jenn: Hope you drop in more this time too.

Appylady: Howdy!

Bobbin: I hope the appointment goes well and you get all your errands done.

Journey: At least your workin'! WIth all the rain we can't mow until it dries up enough.

Duns: I have no clue 'bout mom's car other than the transmission is about gone. I agree with Alaska, Jr looks like a PRO!

Alaska: That's okay, a vid of them playin' in the hole would be suuper cute though! hehehe!

Rob: To do the Blue Tooth thing you need a Blue Tooth Wireless Adapter for your 'puter. We got one with our new printer. All you do it plug in the adapter and then send stuff from your Blue Tooth compatable cell phone and Voila, you've transfered stuff from your cell phone (like pics and ring tones) to your 'puter. Oh, glad you dedcided to come back. Now we just need Red to come back!

ETA:

Alaska: Hope the Vet clears Angel for ridin'!!!! Give her Birthday scratches and kisses from me!!

Edited by SpiffyGrl

Robert, it seems like now would be the time to invest in property with the values down so low. You could get a really good buy that maybe you couldn't afford when property values go back up.

Journey right now a forty percent loss is pretty common in investments. Mine are coming back fairly well lately. I am only about another $100,000. to be back where I was. I myself feel as some other more professional feel. Part of this is a price correction of over inflated property values. The loss I would receive by selling stocks now would over shadow the better property values. I don't think that you will see the value of property rise as fast as the economy. It will take some time for property values to return to the ridiculous rates they were selling for in the last five years. The country is saturated with property sales now as well. Since I will never be able to work again I have to make sure that I have ample income if social security goes under before I am under ground. LOL.

Well guess I better go check on my mud horses. You should have seen me and the clothes I had on yesterday after riding the shedding,muddy Arabian. I was working with her on things like standing ground

tied then sliding off and on and walking around then jumping back on bare back. I actually was working around the pond taking up some electric fence stakes and lines with the lead dropped to the ground. It was funny as I haven't been working on it lately and she was bored after awhile and started to walk around the edge of the pond. I turned around and asked her where she thought she was going. She stopped and stood there waiting for me to take the lead and take her back where I was working. She knew better than to leave but the smart aleck had to test me. She didn't do it again. LOL. See you guys later. Probably about two pound of mud and much white horse hair later.

Edited by robertbel1

picture this in your minds....

reminded of the sign,

whiel claning looked out the window, seena black burr running down our road going to our neighbors, reliazed it was samson ,our steer, he does have horns..

he got out...

Ihollard at my hsubnad and daughter Samson is out running down the road.

so we go out.

my husband drivesthe car, thinkign blocking the raod, so samson can't get any farther.yeah real smart..Samson jsut trotted aroudn thecar along the side of the road..

then my husband gets out waves his arms, samson turned and came back stood inthe middle fot ehr aod starign thecar down.

mean while my daughter got grain...

walked out to the road, called Samson... next thing I hear,( i was opening his gate to hispasture)

Get the gate ,get thegate, get the gate. .then isaw mydaughter running like heck, here she si on the track team, local track star can run, but never seen her this fast before.... Samson is right on her butt.....

she makes to the opening, throws the grain in, as samson comes up makes a turn runs in his pasture....

reminded me of the sign, I seen at TSC... Beware: I Have my Bull , he can make it to the fence in 3.5 seconds.can you?

LOL.... my daughter learned she can run jump/faster....

her state meet is this saturday...

I told my husband "too bad we can't bring samson with us to encourage her...to run faster..get the title."

needless to say she thought it was a bad idea..

got our wood floors finished last coat of stain went on this morning...

If anyone is interested , will post pics....later..

Ann: Great story! Maybe you should just have your daughter 'imagine' that Samson is behind her when she's at the track meet! [ROTFL]

Rob: How are the mud balls doin' today??

Journey: Still slow at work??

Ann: Great story! Maybe you should just have your daughter 'imagine' that Samson is behind her when she's at the track meet! [ROTFL]

Rob: How are the mud balls doin' today??

Journey: Still slow at work??

ALWAYS!!!

Robert, that makes sence and I think you are right about the overinflated prices of property too. Is there a guest house where you keep the horses. Maybe you could move in there and be the grounds keeper for keeping your horses there.

Sorry work is slow, but at least you are working (kinda) and getting paid. It rained this morning, so no work for me.

Don't quote me, but I don't think there is a guest house where Rob's girls are. Just the house, garage, and the barn type building. Rob can clearify though.

Ann

reminded me of the sign, I seen at TSC... Beware: I Have my Bull , he can make it to the fence in 3.5 seconds.can you?

[ROTFL] [ROTFL] [ROTFL]

too funny and I could picture it!

Angels will get a physical exame this year. We had her checked with a machine last year just in case. Her joints were still too open. She is so big (tapes at 1500#'s) we wanted to make sure even before she went into a round pen that her joints would not be damaged. You can ride a youngster early, but to ride them a lifetime takes...well time. She knows about saddles, knows what its like for someone to sit on her. She is smart and willing and trusts us. Its really hard not to get her other training started, but I want her sound for the next 30 years....

Oh well better get back to my house work.... :sick:

Robert,

My brother in law is selling ten acres right in your neck of the woods....Prices are still low in Steelville..(close to Rolla..St. James..Cherryville) Also my freinds have property on the OK side of Fort Smith Arkasas and prices are good there also. The tornados seem to go around them there. :tongue9:

AD

Ann you made my day. I could just visualize your daughter and the steer and as you were telling the story. [ROTFL] You think you will ever finish in the house. You are always working at some thing.

Yep you remembered correctly Spiff. I like that tittle grounds keeper. I am grounds keeper for a 10 acre golf course with out the holes and greens. [ROTFL] Hey I could always sleep in the stall and grab a horse for warmth in the winter. Naw I am in good shape financially just not enough to buy a place with cash and that is the only way this guy will do it. I am figuring by

next summer I should have at least ten acres with house, barn, and maybe another out building. No journey I didn't say out house. [ROTFL] I would like to have in door plumbing but in Missouri ya just never know. journey if it was closer to my Daughter I would have bought this place. You had to know this funny guy that passed away from cancer. He has this huge building that is similar to a garage only you can park a travel trailer in one stall and two cars in the other. Then on the end he had a fancy room made up for his poker tournaments. Then the building I have one stall in has two rooms and an open area half concrete. The other half the new owners are going to put in horse stalls. I should ask if they are going to make one for me so I don't keep one horse outside all the time in the winter. Hey mine are tough any way. LOL.

Oh you asked about the horses didn't you Spiffy. I didn't ride the Arabian. She had a puncture in front and just above the hoof line. Doctored that up then sprayed fly spray and brushed it in on both. Decided to ride the big mud pig even though she was coated in dried mud. Got off as much as possible and fly sprayed her as well. The flies and mosquitos are eating them up.

I set the feed bucket down to use to jump up on her. The first time I still didn't jump high enough for the monster. I was looking to see if she had any injuries and I thought her gaskin was swollen. Nope the monster is putting on that much muscle. LOL. Even her front legs are muscling up good. I was glad her gaskins are finally starting to add muscle as they are very useful. LOL. The Lady of the house I didn't notice but was sitting on the patio watching me.

I have already told her that I am putting her on the horse she loves when it dries up. She is in love with the Arabian and feeding the fat thing treats. Now how am I going to get weight off with her spoiling her with treats?

Edited by robertbel1

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure but my photographic memory was telling me what was on the property. All I had to do was close my eyes and think a bit. hehe!

Glad the Paint is finally getting the muscle you'd like her to have. Hopefully Drifter will get his too, once he quits going up. hehehe!

Every horse needs some spoiling sometimes. Heck, Spiffy got spoiled when it was just her for 2 years! Just ask the lady of the property to limit her treat giving.

Hey thanks to the Arabian I am in like flin and I am not rocking the boat. Can you imagine getting 10 acres of pasture plus shelter,water and electricity for eighty dollars both horses?

It is ridiculously low. Hey you have a photographic memory? Wow! OK what side do I part my hair on? You have seen me twice for hours. Lets see how good you are. [ROTFL] No cheating either.

Edited by robertbel1

well taking a break while the counter top soaks. Coffee stains needed removing. We put too much time in that filly to step over that fine line....being older makes me more patient as well.

Well puppys are staying in the dog house today. Its real wet outside. I built a fire to get the dampness out of the air, only to make it too warm in here! I feel like I'm in a wikiup sweat house! [Crazy] Figures since I took a shower this morning instead of tonight [surrender] .

Well back to my scrubbing....

AD

How much do you want to bet that your sister does or does not make a comment on the clean house? [ROTFL] Maybe I should wire her to make sure she does compliment you after all that work.

Robert. i don't think we will ever get done with this palce, still have to remodel a couple of rooms, tear down a wall yet.first got towait for the final inspection before we do anymore..

got our garden veggies to plant...first need to get the garden ready.

went out to do chores....discovered thebarn gate wide open...left open since she got grain for samson.etc...

saw horse tracks going down our drive....

4 horses came up missing....

just great. mydaughter is at a track pratice....

So my husband and have tohunt for the horses

found them just down the road, in tehneighbors hayfield, visiting the cows inthe paddock by the hayfield.

The young one bonnie came right up to me when i called. great, she is young ,can be full of it, but what choice did i ahve since the reliable mare Krissy, decided to show off, prance and run, show off,decided to be an arabrian, same with our paint gelding, of course my BLM mustang the lead mare, decides tot ake off in the other direction. sure is sight o behold watching their beauty come through running free like they were, but had to get them home...

So i lead Bonnie toward home, of course she got excited, whirled around me in circles, i got after her, to behave, she did.. I kpet walkingher toward home. my husband got the others headed up toward theroad, hear they came jsut a barreling toward me and Bonnie. then bonnie once more got excited, once again got after her .

the other three kept running ahead, behind, then off in the other neighbor's yard...

my husband thought i was having problems with her, i told no, just take the pail, i will need two hands. so what does,he do tells me tol et go of the horse he will lead her.

so i let him,knowing he couldn't handel her, he trtied but she was too much for him, he started to have chest pains got very winded, i told him give her back to me, i can handle her....

So he did.then i told him to go sit in the car, rest, then go on home..

So he did.....

sure enough the closer i got home with bonnie,she calmed downed, behaved herslf, the other three quit goofing off, and followed her home, wally our paint walked beside me along side of Bonnie.

got home the other three took off ,went ahead of me and Bonnie.

Got out to the barn, there were the other three waiting at the gate.....to be let in...

Longest 1/4 mile of walk ever.....now my bad hip is really hurting..

I'm just glad we found them when we did and were very lucky they only went a short distance.

why couldn't they have just stayed in the big pasture not come up to barn......

we guessed they were out maybe an half- hour, since the tracks were pretty fresh.....

just can't wait to see what next week will be like...

still have lot to do yet to get ready for the open house.

Edited by Ann Wheeler