Demon's Mom

Camping Trip In Tn Weekend Oct 2

Ok, the last couple years we have had a camping trip end of summer/beginning of fall in Florida. Well, last year we decided to move the camping a little bit north for a change of scenery and hopefully more BB's will attend.

I was elected to get it together/started this year. So I have chosen Many Cedars Camp Ground in Hohenwald, Tn.

I have been to this campground several times and I really like it. There are nice trails that are easy to difficult and they have cut new trails around some of the most difficult places so that there is an easy way around. They have stalls, picketing or you can bring and use panels on your campsite. Some of the sites back up to the river but you have to stall if you use one of those sites. There are a lot of pull through sites so if you aren't comfy backing your trailer. Nice clean campground and bathhouse, wide trails (for the most part, there are some tight places but not many), nice stalls, a few cabins.

So I was thinking maybe sometime the last 2 or 3 weeks of Sept through the first 2 or 3 weeks of Oct. The weather should be just right then with not too hot and not cold yet for comfortable riding. I tried checking the website to make sure there were no big rides scheduled for that time frame but their site is a little behind. So I figured if we can narrow it down to at least 2 choices then I'll call and make sure. I'll set it up with them to put us all together and let everyone know the area and site numbers to request.

Here's our dates.

Oct 2 - 5

If we do Oct 9 - 12 I may stay a couple extra days as Ethan's birthday is the 13th and my anniversary is the 14th. That is if hubby doesn't come up with something else to do since this year will be the big 20 mark.

Here is their website if you would like to check it out, http://www.manycedarscamp.com/index.htm

I'll try to answer any questions that I can and if I can't I'll be happy to call and get the answer. I'll get everything rolling but everyone will be responsible for calling and making their own reservations. I know the site says there is a fee to reserve and that they don't take debit or credit cards but I think they have before when I made reservations. If not I'll make some sort of arrangements with them on that. Those type details we will work out later.

Now I just have to get my butt in gear and get my guys in shape to go!

Edited by Demon's Mom

I may be in! Let me see how far away I am from there... Just 3 hours!

I'm totally in! By then our truck should be fixed so I can bring the boy down to ride! Yipee!! Finally a big meet close to me!

I could probably bring an extra horse as well if I needed to. :happy0203:

Edited by Lash Man and Al Girl

I would so love to do this. By this time I should have Peanut weaned and Dallas' feet in good condition. Keep me on a maybe list and I'll talk it through with hubby! We would vote for the last 2 October dates.

Oh, I vote any of the october dates... In september it's still SO hot here and it seems like in october you can ride all day with a t-shirt and be fine and then at night MAYBE have to yank on a sweatshirt.

That is only 3 hours from me so I might be able to pull it off....I am in nursing school so I have to see what my schedule will look like next semester.

Oh Theo, I will run ground crew on these. My trailer is getting old and I would need to replace the brakes. I have just as much fun with not having a horse to worry about. Mine havent left the farm in years.

O I wish I could go so bad! TN is only about 6 or 7 hours from here, but I LOVE it there. I have no truck... :( And I would not want to pull a trailer there alone

Me Me Me [Jump] I am going to be flexible with spotty's schedule so maybe we can horsepool [Huggy] ....if she has room for me in her trailer... otherwise I have my own also. I can bring "Chevy" along with Mixie so there will be an extra for anyone not bringing or unable to bring their horse. Provided there is room on the trailer for him if I horsepool. Sounds like fun, and I love TN.....

Hey guys! You don't have to have a horse to come camping with us. There are always several horseless people and we still let them hang with us. They have to sit outside of the central fire ring circle, but we let them come. ;)

I forgot, can we bring dogs?

Pinky - it says dogs must be leashed at all times and are not allowed on the trails on their site.

I don't know if I could bring a horse, but I might be able to come say hi! Off to mapquest to see how long a trip that would be for me!

I always keep mine leashed camping, so that is no problem. I can bring a dog as big as a horse, will that count?

Spotty is right you don't have to bring a horse to come, I've been ground crew for the last 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed myself! Although last year I did get a little cold sitting outside the fire ring. :happy0203:

I will, hopefully fingers crossed, have 3 horses there but if I don't get them in shape I will be ground crew again. I don't want to do that on my home turf but if it comes down to it I will.

Alright we will scratch Sept 19.

Lash is right the Oct dates may be a little better weather wise. I tried to give us a wide range so we could hopefully come up with 2 or 3 that were really good for everyone.

Dogs are allowed and I will have my 2 with me but they do have to be on leash and they do come around and check. Nothing major they will just tell you to put your dog on a leash if he isn't. My ex-BIL had his off leash one night and they just asked him to put him on leash. Dog wouldn't go anywhere or hurt anyone and was used to horses but that is their rule so we followed it.

Oh I'll chip in on the photoshoot if EH will come!!!

Maybe this time I could barrow the truck and trailer and Harley! It will be after state so I should be able to make it! I don't think mom thinks I'm crazy anymore......hope not....

Just checked the timing. 4 1/2 hour trip. Not bad! But it was about the same for me to go to Suwanee.

Look for me. My miss my Spotted. :winking: A lot! *giggles*

AND maybe this time Lora can make it up!!!!!! *winking in Lora's direction* AND The Sugar Lady! *winking again* AND Dixie! Wow my eyes are spastic today....

I just hope it won't be cold. My toes nearly fell off. But thanks to DM's jello shots and Spotted sharing her bunk with me, it was toasty. Dang huxley stole my Jack Daniels........Hope another drunken monkey doesn't show up this time. Turd head!

Dagnabit....I *will* find a way to be there. So I say now. But considering I'm due Oct 28, but they'll take her a week early, then I'm voting the earlier the trip the better.

Of course, it's only 2 1/2 hours from me. I can always make it a day trip and have hubby drive so I can put my feet up. I probably wouldn't be camping anyway 'cause I probably won't be able to get off of an air mattress. LOL

Count on me showing up for a day. Preferably NOT Oct 16-19. Just my two cents. But I don't want you guys to plan around me & then me not be able to show anyway.

You guys wouldn?t object to me being such a newbie comin would ya?

I want to come. I will have to fly in, and I don?t think they will let me check a horse as extra baggage, I hear they are cracking down on stuff like that! I can rent a car at the airport and drive to where ever. Does anyone have an extra horse I can ride? If not can I just hang.

According to mapquest:

Estimated Time: 33 hours 54 minutes Estimated Distance: 2256.86 miles

Yeah I'll fly.

I loved step # 12

they tell you to Just pass on through...lol.

12: Keep RIGHT to take I-40 E toward NEEDLES (Passing through ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO, TEXAS, OKLAHOMA, and ARKANSAS, then crossing into TENNESSEE).

Edited by HeGotSpots

Mapquest says it's 645 miles, 10 hours and 19 minutes from my house to Hohenwald, Tn.

Hmmmm maybe I can fly in....

I would really love to do something like that.....it's a bit too far for me, though, and I don't think my filly can be ready to trail ride by then....can someone bring an extra horse for me....if I come?

draftie- we can meet at airport I will rent car and we can drive in together.

PM me if your intrested.

Edited by HeGotSpots

Newbies are welcome. You dont have to have a post count to come. Even if you dont ride, seriously there is great fun just hanging out and walking around. I will bring the dane pup, so free slobbery dane kisses.

Opening day of deer season is the Oct 24th. Hubby says any weekend before that is cool. I would prefer it to be October.