Demon's Mom

Camping Trip In Tn Weekend Oct 2

Newbies are welcome. You dont have to have a post count to come. Even if you dont ride, seriously there is great fun just hanging out and walking around. I will bring the dane pup, so free slobbery dane kisses.

You won't answer either phone, so I'm not coming.

I map-quested it, 10 and a half hours from my place.

OK, so I passed it by hubby today and he was like.. sounds pretty neat... I guess we need a trailer. :happy0203: So Julie.. I may have an open spot if we end up with a 4-horse, and if my cousin doesn't want to come that means I'll have 2 open spots..

Okay, I can't do the second date in October. We'll be in Destin at that time. I can do the first weekend or the last weekend but can't the 9th-12th.

Theo, you can ride double with me. [bat Eyelashes] [bat Eyelashes] I'll even let you steer.

Google's closest choice is 8 hrs, 56 minutes and 483 miles from me [Crazy] If Michico is good enough for a trail ride then ...and I get someone to come with me... I might come... We'll see...

So how does everyone feel about the first weekend in October? Listening to people's requests, this seems the most viable at the moment.

Theo, you can ride double with me. [bat Eyelashes] [bat Eyelashes] I'll even let you steer.

lovey.gif I heart you Lash.

YaY!

Personally I like the Oct 2 - 5 date!!

I wish I had a truck and trailer, I would bring elli and/or hank!

Pencil me (Family of 3) in for whenever we go!

That seems like the best choice so far. I talked to hubby & he's game for a day trip, and then if we're having so much fun we can't stand to leave, we'll bring a mattress in the truck for me, and the tent for him & Boo. (Is Boo welcome? Or should I leave her with my mom for the day?)

That should be good, I don't see an issue with the first weekend in October for us. Theo, if you drive down to Indiana you can hitch with us..

That should be good, I don't see an issue with the first weekend in October for us. Theo, if you drive down to Indiana you can hitch with us..

That sounds like a plan......and, a lot of shenanigans we can plan for once we get there! [bat Eyelashes]

Kids are welcome. We had several last year. Don't know if we'll bring any this year, I'd like to just have a weekend without worrying about anything extra. Of course, I say that every year and every year I bring something/someone extra. Extra horses, extra people.... lol

YAY!!! If I can talk mommy into it, MAYBE she will let me use the trailer and her truck. If she does, Sugar Lady, your comin with me! I really hope Lora gets to come. Maybe Samantha will let me bring Cricket for an extra. If she does, I will have Harley and Cricket. Sundance will not be coming since long rides in a trailer makes him stiff. I will have one empty spot on the trailer. BUT THAT'S only if mommy dearest lets me take the truck and trailer. Pray for me. Last year she said I was delusional and crazy.

I might not be able to stay the whole time, just Fri, Sat and come home Sunday. I will probably bring Lucy. She will be 6 months.

I might bring John. Then you can do your best to rub off "horse" onto him. He won't even give me a kiss when I'm sitting on Harley. [Me Cry]

Morning all. Glad to see you all did the planning!! I will call either today or tomorrow and check with the campground on those dates and get everything set up and ready. I'll check with hubby, he remembers which campsites are better, so I can tell them where we want to be. Once I get that all done I'll post here and everyone can start making their reservations.

Newbies are very welcome on this trip. Anyone and everyone can come, the more the merrier! Again, no horses are needed, ground crew is lots of fun. This trip is more about getting together and enjoying each others company. Horses are just extra fun.

Oh if I remember right they have or have close tubing down the river. Maybe kayaks and canoes. So if it is warm enough that is an option.

ETA: Harley's post reminded me of this. The dates are just a time frame, come when you want, leave when you want. Right now I plan to come down Friday after work and leave probably Sunday evening. I may stay til Monday morning but don't know for sure. So if you can only make it for one day please come, if you can make it for two please come, just however long you can stay and visit!!

Edited by Demon's Mom

Yes Spots you can bring Hubby, I think they have an off leash area for them. [bat Eyelashes]

The first week of October is good with us, I think. If I did the counting right, that will be a weekend that Clay is with us and he will get to come. Last year he wasnt able to because it was his moms weekend and he was pretty disapponted. She was unwilling to trade with us. :rolleye0014:

Awww you guys are too sweet! [Huggy] I do not accept money for taking pictures. Taking pictures for payment makes it stressful, not fun. I spend my life trying to avoid stress. So anyway, if I can make it, I will be delighted to be photographer for free.

It is just over 8 hours for me. Farther than I was hoping, but I might be able to make it anyway. If there is anyone else in my area that wants to go, maybe we can carpool. I'm north of Charlotte, east of Statesville and west of Winston-Salem.

I do have a nice little two horse slant. I just don't have a truck currently that I would trust to haul it that far and that would be major stress for me!! However, if someone in the area has a truck and wants to go with me and use the trailer, we may be able to work something out.

I'm really hoping my boarder will be here by then. Barring disaster, she should be. If so, that would make it much easier as it wouldn't be dumping all of the horse care on Joe!

HFF if there are any hotels I don't know about them. Hohenwald isn't called hole in the wall for nothing.

Hubby's are welcome and they do have an area set up to let them off leash but they still have to be closely supervised!!!

Seriously if you want to bring hubby and kids, bring them. After the trip last year I don't think I could sneak away and leave mine at home, he really enjoyed himself and is looking forward to this year.

There are a few cabins there also:

Five fully furnished cabins with full bath, heat, and air conditioning; Bring your own bed linens and towels.

Reservations are strongly encouraged ($25 deposit). Non-reserved cabins and stalls are available on a first-come first-served basis.

Stalls (mandatory - no picketing) and riding are extra

Please, no pets or smoking in the cabins.

It's probably a no go for me. Money is tight. Unless someone is coming through Tallahassee and wants to pick me and JumperOverWater88 and maybe my fiance up =) If I DID come, I woule be without a horse and just come to hang out.

FC if you can swing just coming up that would be great. Maybe someone will be coming through and you can catch a ride. Don't worry about horses, just come be ground crew and hang out.

Hubby's are welcome and they do have an area set up to let them off leash but they still have to be closely supervised!!!

[ROTFL]

Dang.

How much fun would this be?!

13 hour drive for me.

Dang.

How much fun would this be?!

13 hour drive for me.

You could carpool with me though. [bat Eyelashes]

I didn't figure there were actually hotels, but couldn't hurt to ask. didn't even THINK to go look at the website...duh! Ok, we may actually stay the night then, in a cabin!

Wow... this looks like so much fun!!! We're thinking of the cabin option as well, it all depends on what kind of trailer we end up with. I know I would want stalls for my 2 as we really haven't done the overnight tie out camping yet and I don't know how much practice I'll get with Allie on that. How close are the cabins to everything else?

DH fly into Nashville. I know we could get you to the campground from there.

Apps depends on where in the campground we are. I've been looking at the map and I think I will try to get us all together close to the bath house and barns 1 and 2. if I remember correctly that will put the cabins behind us on Pollock Cemetery Rd so we should still be all together. If not then it won't be far to the campsites anyway.

I'll call this evening and get everything set up. I'll give everyone details tomorrow on sites, tents, deposits and such. If you go on their site and look under Camping you can click to get a map of the campground. If hubby agrees that this is where we want, I am looking at putting us in 40 - 54, if we need more we can get some in the 30 - 39 area. I've camped by the river and in the 15 - 18 area and they are both nice spots. I think the area I'm looking at for us is a little more open than the other ones I've stayed in, as in no trees. But that area will put us close to the bath house, store/office, barns and trail head.

Help me keep this bumped up if it falls off the first page so if anyone else wants to come they can find all the info.

It's probably a no go for me. Money is tight. Unless someone is coming through Tallahassee and wants to pick me and JumperOverWater88 and maybe my fiance up =) If I DID come, I woule be without a horse and just come to hang out.

I'm only 3-4 hours from you. You could drive up here and ride with me. I wouldn't mind carpooling. The only thing is, if I do not take the trailer, I have a little car. Two door and seats 3 in the back. John might come.

A thought. What about having a meal catered one night? Like Saturday night. If there is a local bbq place or something and we could have dinner in the pavilion. No one would have to worry about cooking that night, we could all just have a good time. If everyone pitches in like $10/ person or something?