Ooh, ooh, I know this one - what's his name? He made horses out of the seas & carried a pitchfork,,,,,,,,, dagummit, what is his name?

OH I just remembered its.........POSIDEN hes the greek god of horses lol I was just looking in my movies and saw the posiden movie sitting there aha!!! at least I think thats it? [Question]

Yeah, Posidon (often referred to as Neptune) was the name, also the god of water. Go ahead H-C.

Yep he sure was a TENNESEE WALKER!!! good job your up KK

Would you please verify your source? This comes from Roy Rogers World. com;

Trigger: Beginnings as Golden Cloud

The golden palomino stallion that would become famous to the world with the name Trigger was born on a ranch in San Diego, California. In researching this article we found conflicting information that he was born in either 1932 or 1934. The manager of the ranch was a man named Roy F. Cloud, and the name originally given to Trigger was Golden Cloud.

Golden Cloud's sire was a thoroughbred and his dam was an unregistered mare sometimes described as a cold-blooded mare. At around the age of three Golden Cloud was sold to Hudkins Stables of Hollywood, California, a stable that provided horses for use in the movie industry. Golden Cloud's first job in the movies was as a mount for Olivia de Havilland for her role as Maid Marian in the 1938 movie "The Adventures of Robin Hood."

the one stuffed int he musium has always been labeled as A TW.. if it is wrong, by all means Luther, Please post Your trivia question!

The reason I ask for a link is because I've tried before to find out which breed he was. The trouble is that there are too many sites that say different things. Some say TB, some say TW. Even wikipedia gives a conflicking answer;

"Trigger (1932?3 July 1965) was a 15.3 hands (63 in; 1.60 m) golden palomino, made famous in American Western films with his owner/rider, cowboy star Roy Rogers. He was originally named Golden Cloud. Many people mistakenly think Trigger was a Tennessee Walking Horse, but his sire was a Thoroughbred and his dam a grade (unregistered) mare who, like Trigger, was a palomino. Movie director William Witney, who directed Roy and Trigger in many of their movies, claimed a slightly different lineage, that his sire was a "registered" Palomino stallion (though neither Palomino registry existed at the time of Trigger's birth), and his dam was by a Thoroughbred and out of a "cold-blood" mare.[1] Trigger, Jr, who was actually no relation to Trigger, was in fact, a registered Tennessee Walking Horse. Though Trigger remained a stallion his entire life, he was never bred and has no descendants."

One man even tried to convince me that he was a Rocky Mountain Horse. But, he was trying to sell me a RMH at the time, so I didn't put much faith in what he said.

Oh cool!

Shoot, now I have to think of a question...

In Seabiscuit, what was Red Pollard's (permanent) disability that made riding unsafe, and how did it happen in the book? Also, how did it happen in the movie?

(I hope that wasn't too confusing, lol. couldn't think of how to word it...)

He did, but that's not the permanent injury. FL cowgirl is on the right track, but i need a complete answer. :) Or is it too hard? Should i make the question a little easier?

Ok, One wild guess based on what has been said.

Fl Cg said he was blind, from boxing, in the movie. Kitten kat said he broke his leg in the book & used a homemade splint while it healed.

Soooo, I'm gonna say that in the book he got into a real bad fight and someone left him laying in the alley with a broken leg (probably thought he was dead). After his leg healed, he was in so much of a hurry to remove the splint that he poke his eye out with it.

In the movie they wanted to appeal to a wider audience so the writers took out the alley fight & made him a semi pro boxer that got hit upside the head toooo mant times, causing his blindness.

Yes, this one is hard.

haha nice try, luther, but that's not it. I didn't realize this one was so hard...I guess maybe I just noticed it so much because I watched the movie not tooo long after reading the book.

I suppose I should put everyone out of their misery, since this question's been up so long, so we can move on. So...congratulations, FL cowgirl, you got closest! you're next.

As for the other half of the question...in the book, he was galloping a horse for someone (I believe it was someone else's horse, not Seabiscuit) and a dirt clod was kicked up by a horse passing them and hit him in the eye, causing him to go blind.

Edited by mygoldfish

"Ruffian's name seemed an unlikely, decidedly masculine choice for a filly. In fact, the name Ruffian originally had been reserved for another Locust Hill filly sired by Rambunctious, which probably was more appropriate breeding for the name. When the Janneys sold the Rambunctious filly as an unnamed yearling, however, they decided to use the name for their homebred Reviewer filly."

http://www.bloodhorse.com/articleindex/article.asp?id=28923

according to the artical you are right but in the book i read they named her ruffian because she was so gental and lazy they wanted a name totally diffrent then what she was.

i'll give it to you though.

your turn SO Turn3