IkeE

Your Favorite Rider

So who is your favorite eventing equestrian? Mine is Kim Severson, and I LOVE her horse Winsome Andante!!

Becky Holder. I love how she rides, and I think she's an awesome example for people who "aren't built to ride".

Although I know next to nothing about eventing, since I'm coming out of hunterland lol.

Guest cowboy1980

I really enjoyed Gallops Inavale Farms competition this year. the weather was good and ran extremely well on a beautiful cool sunny morning. Riders, grooms and coaches were well prepared for all phases. Twenty seven competitors finished the day with a clean vet box inspection before and after phase D. Moving up from second place to the lead after the endurance phase is Karyn Rainey riding She?s All Silk, still on her dressage score of 28. Phenom! The only reason I was able to attend is because I was working with a friend who was doing saddlery work.

My favorite is a girl at my barn riding intermediate right now but is planning on doing a CIC** soon with her very amazing ottb. The first olympics I will attend will be the one where shes riding.

She can get on any horse and make it look good. She gives amazing lessons and has an amazing relaxed way of getting the best performance out of a horse and rider.

Yep, Shes my favorite!

Wow, this girl sounds amazing! I wish her luck!! Be sure to keep us updated as she becomes more and more famous... :)

I'm a big fan of Boyd Martin. He's a wonderfully kind, quiet rider who seems to really appreciate his horses. It also helps that he's very nice on the eyes. :winking:

My favorite is a girl at my barn riding intermediate right now but is planning on doing a CIC** soon with her very amazing ottb. The first olympics I will attend will be the one where shes riding.

She can get on any horse and make it look good. She gives amazing lessons and has an amazing relaxed way of getting the best performance out of a horse and rider.

Yep, Shes my favorite!

.....This wouldn't be Shannon, would it?!

Ahh, good names. Good names. I am just amazed at these rider-horse teams. They seem to defy death with each cross country jump, yet collect themselves to perfection in dressage and jumping. True athletes!

Anymore favorites? Or who do you think is the most up-and-coming horse and rider team?

I'm a big fan of Boyd Martin. He's a wonderfully kind, quiet rider who seems to really appreciate his horses. It also helps that he's very nice on the eyes. :winking:

Yes. And an excellent teacher from what I heard :)

We're trying to get him on our charity auction again this fall, just FYI *grin* (he donated a lesson last year)

i have a lot of "riding heros"!

Definately Becky Holder is one of them. I lovelovelove her horse, Comet, and she is such a great rider. I had a dressage lesson with her once, a year ago, and still apply her techniques.

Phillip Dutton- i once heard someone say "Don't copy the way he rides, copy the way his horses go" and i completely agree! He has such a light hand and his riding is just so effective.

Sharon White is amazing too, she's a great rider and gives amazing lessons!

Darren Chiacchia, he's probably my favorite person to watch ride, but after everything i've heard about him, i wouldn't want to take a lesson with him.

I've always really liked Bruce Davidson, met him at the Rolex yrs ago. Always really enthusiastic about the sport and willing to speak to you without putting on airs. He's about slowed down now but he had pretty good rides on some smallish TB's.

I jump judged the last Foxhall event and worked the dressage portion doing bit checks. Some contestants are really nice-some seem really detached.

Mark Todd was a good rider too. Another great - Karen O'Conner .

No more Foxhall Cup alas-a victim of the bad economy. I guess I'll have to break down and go to the Rolex next spring to satisfy my jones.

I love Boyd...Don't we all?

A friend of mine and I were talking about this at Jersey this spring. We each had to pick a male and female rider that we would buy a nice horse for. My picks were Doug Payne and Gina Firoe, both of whom I believe have got a TON still to show us.

As for up and coming riders....Y'all watch out for Miss Laura Roberts on Galway's Blazer!! They just won Individual and Team gold at Young Rider's in the One Star. Laura is incredibly gifted and as for Blazer...All I can say is GO PONY!!!!

I have always adored Karen O'Connor. She's the reason I wanted to start eventing. She makes it look so easy!

Another fave is Phillip Dutton, and Kim Severson on Winsome Andante(LOVE that horse!).

I want to go to Rolex so bad! And I'm only in Arkansas. It just seems like a hassle, plus I don't trust my old car to get me there. Maybe my Mom's new truck??? [Question] I could always just steal it when she's not home. :)

I don't know if I can pick one as my favorite... I guess my top ones would be the O'Connor's and Holder.

I really want to get to Rolex sometime. I've been to Lexington before and I loved it, such a nice city!

Ralph Hill - for obvious training reasons... he's amazing to learn from

Becky Holder - for being a true athletic woman and such an inspiration

William Fox Pitt - eye candy .... drool :winking:

Phillip Dutton is definitely one of them :)

I recently discovered another rider last fall named Nate Chambers, competes at Advanced, worked for Dutton for a while. He rides a horse named Rolling Stones. Very good rider as well as nice to look at :) Dutton crew stabled in my barn at 2009 AEC, VERY cool to watch how they did things at a show as well as be really close to the really nice riders!!

I lovelovelove Jennifer Brannigan. Amazing rider, and is truly a person to look up to especially after how well she dealt with Cooper's passing away. I got to watch her ride at AEC 2009 and she was well, amazing.

I also love Jennifer Wooten, I love they way she teaches too! (I did a 2 day clinic with her) I also love her mare The Good Witch :) She shows what little irish horses can do!!

wow this list is getting long....

anyway! I also really like Leslie Law. Really really nice guy, nice teacher and an awesome rider. (Took clinic with him)

I like Ralph Hill (came to my old barn A LOT for clinics before his fall), Bruce Davidson, William Fox-Pitt, Boyd Martin, Buck Davidson...Karen... :)

There is a girl at my barn who has evented advanced and is currently hoping to move up to advanced in summer -(Maui Jim hopefully). Shes amazing, amazing instructor, rider, person to help you. I also love her horse!! (Only Kings). :)

Wow sorry for the long list!!

FluffnTux

Edited by FluffnTux