ILuvSnap

Critique My Run?

your horse is really pretty! and it looks like you might not be running straight to the third barrel? but it could be the camera angle too. but it was a great run

Great run! I agree with dixie, straighten up when going to 2nd and 3rd barrels. Also, make sure your not looking down at the barrel, always look at your horses ears while hitting each turn, then look in the direction your wanting to go. but otherwise good job!!!!

Hey!! How's it going?

I've been trying to follow you guys on the NDHSRA website, just to see how you are doing.

Snap looks great in the video and I would say the same thing: The shortest distance between two points is a STRAIGHT LINE. So don't let her drift out when you come out of the second barrel.

Also, it's hard to tell from the angle, but it looks like she might be drifting when she comes out of the third barrel?? If she is, make sure she stays honest with the turn and finish straight. That little loop you add to drift out of the barrel costs time.

It also looks like you might have slowed down a wee bit early, but I couldn't really see where the time line way. Make sure you allow her to circle at the END of the arena; not when you immediately cross the time line. I made that mistake at the Lamoure Horse Show this year. Probably would have won speed dash instead of taking third place, if I wouldn't have been stupid and not paid attention to where the time line was.

I just always love watching Snap run! She just gets so low and books it!

I agree with r beau, not sure where the time line was but it looked like you circled her too soon maybe. Other than that it looked awesome! Super cute horse! She gets nice and low and just powers around those barrels, looks great!