jackie2925

Dale Fredricks (pics Added)

12 posts in this topic

A friend of mine has a saddle for sale and before I buy it I wanted to know if anyone has heard of it.

The marking on the tag says in cursive "Dale Fredericks" and 16"...I think its a roping saddle. Is this a good quality saddle??

UPDATE>>>

I just got home with the saddle and the markers actually say..."Designed by Dale Fredricks Saddlesmith"....I found a master saddlemaker named Dale Fredricks but who would have actually made my saddle?? Pictures are coming in a few minutes.

Edited by jackie2925

Couldn't find much on him specifically, however the saddles I saw looked pretty good at first blush.

The straight-up horn and the deep stirrups make me think it's a team roping saddle. I've seen Dale Fredericks saddles before and was impressed by their workmanship. Worth the money and re-saleable.

I've seen Dale Fredericks and Dale Fredricks...is there a difference or the same person??

I think I figured it out but I still have some questions.

I found my saddle...It is a Saddlesmith saddle "Designed by Dale Fredricks"

Here is a link to my saddle new....

Classic Roper Saddle

Who is Saddlesmith..the model number on my saddle is the old number, they have apparently changed it.

IS it a good quality saddle based on the company??

Don't know much about the company, how old is the saddle though? The saddle appears to be a mass-produced item, but from the looks of the marketing, it appears to be an upper-end mass manufacturer.

I don't know how old it is. But from what I can find online, the model number on my saddle is the OLD number. Almost as if the original maker of my saddle sold their rights..similiar to the billy cook saddles...I don't know

I just bought this saddle at an auction today.  Do you know the back ground on it?

20170826_171252.jpg

20170826_171259.jpg