Sign in to follow this  
Birdstone

Concerts

There is a Jason Aldean/Luke Bryan concert not too far from me in Marchthat I would LOVE to go to , but alas, I won't be around because I'm planning to be at my boyfriend's house that weekend.

Last minute concert last night!

My sister has been digging on this band, Crash Kings. Not so much that she's crazy about them. She heard about them from Twitter, liked them...and that was kind of it.

On Friday, she saw they were coming to Southgate House the next night (1/16), and just asked if I wanted to go. I said, "sure," because...I mean, why not? The Elms concert for the same was rescheduled, and I didn't have anything else to do.

She showed me a video...THIS VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huz_n5vFXnQ

I now have athe biggest rockstar crush ever on the frontman for Crash Kings. Tony Beliveau.

They were really terrific live. They're on their first headlining tour right now, so if they come anywhere near you, GO. You will love. Check out the video I posted above, and then go buy their debut, self-titled album.

hehe she still thinks they're a semi- Christian band that won't be to major and crazy..

xD

wups...

Dad doesnt know about it though, and he knows who they are, I hope he's not all "don't go.."

hah.. idk maybe he'll be cool with it?

we'll see, lol.

We The Kings, Mayday Parade, and the rest of the Take Action Tour lineup feb 12th:)

thats if we can get downtown to get tickets.

I'm going to go see Brad Paisley on Feb 19 with my dad. :grin: I'm so excited!!!

Aww!

I saw Rascal Flatts several years ago, and I had two tickets. I took my dad :)

Aww!

I saw Rascal Flatts several years ago, and I had two tickets. I took my dad :)

That's cute! When I wanted to get tickets my dad offered to go with me because he likes BP as an artist and guitarist so i thought it wouldbe cute for us to go!

That's cute! When I wanted to get tickets my dad offered to go with me because he likes BP as an artist and guitarist so i thought it wouldbe cute for us to go!

My dad listens to country music, which is why I ever listened to it. My taste in music has changed a lot over the last few years, but I still have 2 country stations on my car's pre-sets. A friend of my mom's who is able to get incredible seats for a lot of shows/venues gave me the 2 tickets, 12th row center for that Rascal Flatts show.

It was fun to go with my dad. I mean, I'm a daddy's girl anyway. We had overpriced pizza and soda, and sang along and I slept in the car while we were waiting in traffic leaving the venue. It was a good time, and I'd take my dad over anyone :)

Have fun at the Brad Paisely show! I like him too, he's too cute. I love the story of how he met his wife...it's just the cutst thing ever! You'll have a great time with your dad!

My dad listens to country music, which is why I ever listened to it. My taste in music has changed a lot over the last few years, but I still have 2 country stations on my car's pre-sets. A friend of my mom's who is able to get incredible seats for a lot of shows/venues gave me the 2 tickets, 12th row center for that Rascal Flatts show.

It was fun to go with my dad. I mean, I'm a daddy's girl anyway. We had overpriced pizza and soda, and sang along and I slept in the car while we were waiting in traffic leaving the venue. It was a good time, and I'd take my dad over anyone :)

Have fun at the Brad Paisely show! I like him too, he's too cute. I love the story of how he met his wife...it's just the cutst thing ever! You'll have a great time with your dad!

Yeah my dad listens to country as well and I too tried to change my taste in music like you did but now I fluctuate between genres. The last concert my dad and I went to was my first concert like almost 10 years ago, we went to see Byran White and LeeAnn Rhimes. LOL! As for the story how Brad met his wife I don't know it. Care to share?

I semi-tried to find the interview where he talks about meeting her, but it didn't show up in the few searches I tried.

I think CMT used to, or maybe still does, their version of "Behind the Music," and they did Brad Paisley. You remember the girl who played Annie in 'Father of the Bride'? Kim...I can't recall her last name (and am too lazy to look it up).

Anyway, apparently Brad saw her in that movie and wanted to meet her. So someone in his management was able to get her to take the role of the "angry wife" in Brad's music video for 'I'm Gonna Miss Her.'

Or, something like that. It's been a few years since I saw that, so I'm sure some of the details aren't quite right :) No matter, it's still EPIC AWWW.

And...

YOU SAW BRYAN WHITE?!?!

I AM SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!!!

When I was young I had a monster crush on him. Joined his fan club, had a big, framed poster on my wall. Whoa, if I didn't already like you, I'd hate you, LOL!

That is pretty sweet!!!

And LOL!!!!! You are funny. Yes, I saw him because I had a crush on him too. I think I still have a few of his CDs too. He was such a hottie back in the days. I wonder what ever happened to him [Question]

I was NOT too lazy to look up "What ever happened to Bryan White?"

Looking at his official website now...apparently my taste in men has also changed because I don't find him to be very attractive now, lol. Let's see... his most recent album is called 'Dustbowl Dreams.' He's married to actress Erika Page.

He's touring a little, it looks like. There's a handful of dates posted for 2010.

"Ooh ooh, whenever you're ready! I could be yours in a second or so. Ooh, ooh it's off to the races. My heart's sittin' on go."

I have his third album...ON CASSETTE. LOLOLOL

Does Cirque du Soleil count?

AHH.

Umm...

HECK. YES.

Which show did you see? Or which show are you going to see? I was 'Quidam' a few years ago when it came through Cincinnati - amazing! Really want to see the Beatles show they have in Vegas, but that's unlikely to happen, haha.

Im suppose to go see Nickelback in May!! Pretty excited!

They came to Louisville a few years ago, and a guy from work invited me. I almost went, but then I remember I basically don't like Nickelback at all, LOL.

You're going to have a good time though. I've heard their live show is a good time.

Here's my schedule so far:

1/30: THE ELMS at Zionsville High School, Zionsville, IN

2/5: THE ELMS at Lafayette Brewing Company, Lafayette, IN (going to this show mainly because HENRY FRENCH is opening)

2/12: THE ELMS at Gerstle's, Louisville, KY

2/19: GREEN RIVER ORDINANCE at Radio Radio, Indianapolis, IN

...I, umm, kind of like The Elms.

After that...it's all clear! Waiting for The Elms to announce more date for the Spring...supposed to do that in March. Crash Kings isn't coming back around here again for at least a month - their last date on their website in mid-Feburary, and in Milwaukee. I hope they come somewhere near me (I'll definitely drive for them) during the Spring/Summer/Fall/All The Time, lol.

I'm anxiously awaiting OneRepublic's US Tour dates. That's going to be a very big deal for me.

Several of my other favorites are Bostonities, and dont' reall leave the East Coast, bummer.

Old 97's/Rhett Miller shoudl be touring eventually in 2010 as well. Also waiting tour news from Jon McLaughlin. I hope 2010 is as good a year musically as it was last year!

^I'm waiting for onerepublic too, my goodness hearing them talk about touring europe right now on twitter is very much saddening for me, I want to go see them sometime.

^I'm waiting for onerepublic too, my goodness hearing them talk about touring europe right now on twitter is very much saddening for me, I want to go see them sometime.

I've seen them twice.

Saw them in Columbus Ohio in the beginning of 2008 with the Dreaming Out Loud tour. We didn't get there early enough for good standing spot, but before they came back out for the encore, a lot of people left and I was able to get a lot closer.

Ryan Tedder is freakishly amazing! When he first came out on stage his energy was THROUGH THE ROOF. My sister said she thought he was "on something,' LOL. He wasn't, he was just "feelin' it."

Next time, we traveled to Chicago and saw them at the House of Blues. We were second row (standing), and I was directly in ront of Ryan Tedder. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. During the second song ("Say"), he stood up from his piano and was singing in my direction, and I caught his eye just for a second and winked at him, LOL. Then he waved. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE FOR SERIOUS.

That was not long after he messed up his achilles tendon, so he had to sit at his piano for most of the show. I also saw his boxers during that show - blakc with whtie polka dots. Have I mentioned that it was THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE?!

You'll love them when you see them live. Their energy is crazy. ...And the quality of his voice live is beyond amazing. It blos my mind how good he sounds live. Incredible.

Umm...

HECK. YES.

Which show did you see? Or which show are you going to see? I was 'Quidam' a few years ago when it came through Cincinnati - amazing! Really want to see the Beatles show they have in Vegas, but that's unlikely to happen, haha.

I KNOW! My dad almost took me to the show when it first came out-- we were looking at ticket prices and everything-- and then he realized it was in Vegas. Boo.

Anyways, first weekend of February, my best friend's sister, mom, and I are bringing her to... I think it's Ovo? I'm really excited, I'm in love with Cirque du Soleil but have yet to actually see a show, haha.

I KNOW! My dad almost took me to the show when it first came out-- we were looking at ticket prices and everything-- and then he realized it was in Vegas. Boo.

Anyways, first weekend of February, my best friend's sister, mom, and I are bringing her to... I think it's Ovo? I'm really excited, I'm in love with Cirque du Soleil but have yet to actually see a show, haha.

You're going to love it. They are so beautiful and...oh, I can't even think of the right words to describe it. Quidam I know for sure is available on DVD. I mean, it isn't as good as seeing it in person, but it's still pretty freaking cool.

I'm not sure, but you might be able to buy the others shows on DVD. There was some sort of special on TV that my dad DRV'd about the Beatles show. It was kind of a "making of," and wow, WOW. It was spectacular!

Convince your dad to take you out there to see that show for your birthday or something.

I've seen them twice.

Saw them in Columbus Ohio in the beginning of 2008 with the Dreaming Out Loud tour. We didn't get there early enough for good standing spot, but before they came back out for the encore, a lot of people left and I was able to get a lot closer.

Ryan Tedder is freakishly amazing! When he first came out on stage his energy was THROUGH THE ROOF. My sister said she thought he was "on something,' LOL. He wasn't, he was just "feelin' it."

Next time, we traveled to Chicago and saw them at the House of Blues. We were second row (standing), and I was directly in ront of Ryan Tedder. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. During the second song ("Say"), he stood up from his piano and was singing in my direction, and I caught his eye just for a second and winked at him, LOL. Then he waved. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE FOR SERIOUS.

That was not long after he messed up his achilles tendon, so he had to sit at his piano for most of the show. I also saw his boxers during that show - blakc with whtie polka dots. Have I mentioned that it was THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE?!

You'll love them when you see them live. Their energy is crazy. ...And the quality of his voice live is beyond amazing. It blos my mind how good he sounds live. Incredible.

oh goodness, I'm jealousss. Yeah, I've seen a few live videos on youtube, they look awesomeee.

and haha about the boxers, yes I can imagine. <3

Hopefully I can go see them when they come around, otherwise I'll be sad. extremely sad. haha

You're going to love it. They are so beautiful and...oh, I can't even think of the right words to describe it. Quidam I know for sure is available on DVD. I mean, it isn't as good as seeing it in person, but it's still pretty freaking cool.

I'm not sure, but you might be able to buy the others shows on DVD. There was some sort of special on TV that my dad DRV'd about the Beatles show. It was kind of a "making of," and wow, WOW. It was spectacular!

Convince your dad to take you out there to see that show for your birthday or something.

Oh, I know. My dream career right now was costume designing for them. I'd still do it if it weren't even more wildly unrealistic than everything else I want to do!

I've seen a couple specials on it, haha. There's a ten-minute preview on YouTube! I made everyone in my extended family watch it when I first came out, of course.

I'm seeing the Take Action Tour as well in Seattle on Feb 24th. The boy toy is taking me. =]

So that means....

Mayday Parade

A Rocket to the Moon

There For Tomorrow

We the Kings

Hoping I can make Dave Matthews Band work this year. *everything possible on body crossed*

I would KILL to go to a U2 or Red Hot Chili Peppers concert though. Oh man....U2's tickets are hella expensive though.

****REMINDER****

The Elms special show to benefit Africa Water Is Life is this upcomign Saturday (1/30)!

This is going to be a great show for a great cause, so if you're anywhere enar the Indianapolis-area, please come out and support! General admission tickets are $10. More information available at http://www.theelms.net

Would really love to meet some board buddies...come on out!

DMB tour dates are OUT!!

He's coming to Boise. On a Tuesday. Which basically means I'm automatically going because I won't have any rodeos! PUMPED!! And then the week after that he's at the Gorge just 45 minutes from me but I have work and the rodeo and then like 4 other rodeos but I plan on making at least ONE concert. Thank goodness I'm moving home this summer to save money...for these concert tickets. =P

The Elms Africa Water Is Life benefit show was terrific!

Most of the audience was kids from the Zionsville school district, high schoolers and middle school, and even a few little kids with their parents :) It was fun to be one of only a few non grade-school aged people. The high school kids were really cute, and they had a great energy, even though they didn't know any of the songs. They danced and clapped and "WHOOO"'d anyway.

They pulled out an oldie from their first album, 'Hey Hey' and also another oldie from their second album, 'Smile At Life.' The latter was beautiful, with just frontman Owen and lead guitarist Thom playing together. I got teared up during this song - seriiously, tears running down my face. It was beautiful.

I think there was a decent amount of money raised for Africa Water Is Life. They passed around a couple buckets for people to drop donations into during one song, and they had merch. from the organization for sale, and the money from the tickets went to AWIL as well. I'm pretty sure 100% of the money went to the organization, which I find really cool.

And the kids from Zionsville High School did a great job hosting the event. Kudos to them and their adorable little town. If you're going through Indiana and happen to chance near Zionsville, take a few minutes to drive through, it's gorgeous.

Next up, THE ELMS at Lafayette Brewing Company in Lafayette, Indiana! February 5! This Friday!