Sign in to follow this  
Birdstone

Concerts

Ummm...I'm seeing Jack's Mannequin in March?

I've hard of them, but never listened to a dang thing of them. Lol. A friend has an extra ticket I'm taking.

You will have a lot of fun; I saw them open for The Fray last summer. Listen to their stuff, because they are one of those groups who are amazing in concert and if you get there and don't know any of the songs you'll SO wish you did.

I'm going to see ZoSo?? I have no idea who they are. Led Zeppelin cover?? My friend asked if I wanted to go and we're going with a group of friends so it'll be a good time.

I just bought tickets for me and Cherie to see The Verve Pipe for Valentine's Day. I've only heard a couple of their songs but she's completely in love.

Ummm...I'm seeing Jack's Mannequin in March?

I've hard of them, but never listened to a dang thing of them. Lol. A friend has an extra ticket I'm taking.

*FLAILS*

I lurve me some Andrew McMahon. I've never seen him/them live, but I'm sure he's great. He was the lead singer in Something Corporate if that sounds more familiar. =) Have fun!

My boyfriend likes to buy concert tickets, so last summer we went and saw Kenny Chesney.

This summer, we've got floors to Taylor Swift in Ottawa in May, and front rows to Aaron Pritchett near my school in April.. Haha, that's all he's got so far.

HEY EVERYONE!

THE ELMS are playing at the Lafayette Brewing Company on Friday (2/5)!

The opener is Henry French, who I also love. I've posted a link where you can download his EP for free in the thread marked "Must See/Hear Music." I'm not sure if it's still up, but if it is you should download the EP, or at least listen. It's really good stuff.

I'm pretty excited to see him again, and with The Elms - epic win!

Anyone in the area who wants to go? It is a 21+ show, but I know there's some of you on the KOBB like me, who came here as a kid and even though you're an "adult"...you just won't leave ;)

Anyone?

Backing up a little bit... The Elms show in Lafayette last weekend was postponed due to bad weather. I'm hoping for a reschedule, but they haven't announced anything about it yet. When/if they post a date for it, you know I'll post it.

Now, for the recent... The Elms last night in Louisville was AMAZING. I love seeing them in little bars like Gerstle's last night. It intimate and chill. For the first time ever, we sat at a table (a booth, actually), and before the show ordered food o.O I'm usually too jittery for food, but we had an hour before show-time.

They were openers this time for Backyard Tire Fire (they get a thumbs up as well), but they still played for about an hour. Played 2 songs we've never heard them do live before ("She's Cold" & "Black Peach") and it was just the epitome of FUN.

Next show is Green River Ordinance at Radio Radio in Indianapolis, Indiana, 12/19.

Was supposed to see Green River Ordinance and Sleeperstar tonight in Indianapolis, but I have a horse running and my sister and I are both sick.

So we're seeing them tomorrow instead :) After they play Indianpolis they're heading north to Columbus, so we're going to make that show instead. Not my favorite venue up there (The Basement), but it's better than nothing. The main reason we chose Indy over Cbus is the fact that The Basement doesn't allow video =/ Oh well.

After that, Next Show:

March 26: Backyard Tire Fire at Southgate House, Cincinnati, OH

Edited by Model City

Green River Ordinance and Sleeperstar show last night in Columbus was nothing short of epic!

I don't even know where I'd begin... Sleeperstar was great - they opened for GRO. I bought their album so I was familier with their music, but they did a few covers ("New York" by Jay-Z for one) as well. Frontman Chris Pearson has a fantastic voice and his vocals were on point last night. Very impressed the with quality of his voice live. If Sleeperstar is going to be around your area you should go even if you've never heard their tunes.

(if you search "Sleeperstar" on Facebook you can listen to some of their music.)

GRO was LIKE WHOA! They did some covers as well, including "Party in the USA." No, I'm not joking. They only did the first verve & chorus - for the second verse frotnman Josh Jenkins improvised. Which I'm glad since I was wondering about the second verse lyrics...aren't they something about being in the club with your girls? LOL!

There was some sing-a-long action for their song "Goodbye L.A." (a personal favorite).

There was foolishness! During Sleeperstar's set, bass player Geoff Ice & drummer Denton Hunker (of GRO) came onto the stage wearing a pumpkin costume & a jester costume. They danced and acted foolish :) Later, during GRO's set (& during the Miley Cyrus cover) Brandon Rosas (Sleeperstar's bassist) came out wearing a ninja costume & danced along. I will have video proof in the next few days (also photo proof of the pumpkin/jester thing)

At the end of the show GRO & Sleeperstar all sang "A Little Help From My Friends". Jenkins got down into the crowd and Pearson crowd-surfed before grabbing hold of a pipe along the ceiling and pulling himself back to the stage.

IT WAS EPIC!

Seriously, if GRO or Sleeperstar (or both!) are coming near you, GO GO GO! You won't be disappointed!

ANNA! You were in Columbus and didn't tell me?! Shame! Shame, shame!

Ashley, I'm crazy jealous you got to see We The Kings. I haven't been into them for that long, but my friend and I started listening to some of their stuff last summer and they're just my style.

Went to the Take Action tour concert last night in Seattle. It.was.so.fun. We met Brooks, the guitarist for Mayday Parade, the only band we went there to see. It was insane. The venue was SUPER small but it was pretty neat. We were about 3 people away from being able to touch the bands' hands, if we were into that sort of thing which we weren't. But yeah that was pretty cool. The boys I was with were finishing up their cigarettes [yuk] outside the venue and we started talking to this guy in skinny jeans and a suit jacket with poufy hair and he's all like "yeah, well we're up next" and we were like "wait, what?!" haha. We had to shake his left hand because he got in a fight at the last venue and his hand was all messed up LOL.

Ashley [bowlegs] did the lead singer tell you the story about the sketchy guy with the squinty eyes? How the whole "We the Kings" hand sign originated? It was quite hilarious--he's a pretty funny/random dude. We the Kings has more of a teeny-bopper fan base so I wasn't as much into them as all the teenagers but it was pretty cool all the same. I like their songs.

Edited by barrelracer17

Was supposed to see Green River Ordinance and Sleeperstar tonight in Indianapolis, but I have a horse running and my sister and I are both sick.

So we're seeing them tomorrow instead :) After they play Indianpolis they're heading north to Columbus, so we're going to make that show instead. Not my favorite venue up there (The Basement), but it's better than nothing. The main reason we chose Indy over Cbus is the fact that The Basement doesn't allow video =/ Oh well.

After that, Next Show:

March 26: Backyard Tire Fire at Southgate House, Cincinnati, OH

You don't like The Basement??? I just went there a week ago and it was so so so so amazing! I LOVEDDD it. Teeny tiny little place, it was like...a really intimate show. The band came in through the front door, had a beer and hung out with everyone, and then we were right there next to them while they played--and when I went there were plenty of people video-ing the show. I don't know if they were "supposed" to, but no one stopped them. We saw The Verve Pipe and it was amazing. Glad your concert turned out well!

Caitlin -- No, I absolutely hate The Basement! I don't like the set-up - really long but not very wide. If you aren't one of the first, oh, 10 people in line when the doors open you're out of the front row. I know other shorty people on here feel my pain as, if I'm not up front, I get mashed behind some random 6 foot tall dude.

Also don't like the teeny stage. I'm not saying I need a gigantic stage, but Green River Ordinance in particular is 5 guys, and the front man is ridiculously tall (he could touch the ceiling with his hands). The final song of the night both bands came on stage and 10 guys on that teeny weeny stage...it was cramped, so say the least.

Most venues I've been to are very intimate shows - when we saw The Elms last in Louisville is was a little bar. They were sitting at the bar pre-show ordering food, milling around - this happens at almost every show we've been to. I can definitely do without The Basement's odd format.

I'll still go back if I band I like is playing there, but it's a hassle. I have to drive 2 hours to get there and leave extra early to get a good standing spot. Frustrating!

My sister did take videos. We are always very sneaky about it because when I saw OneRepublic at Chicago's House of Blues, security would literally take your camera right out of your hand if they caught you filming or taking photos.

So yes, will still go, but would rather not, lol!

I've had the camera problem at bigger venues but not ususally the smaller ones. The show you went to must have been way more well-attended than the one I went to because we had zero problem getting in or anything. Of course the show didn't start till 9 but I mistook the thing on the ticket that says "Doors open at 7" to mean that the show started at seven...so naturally Cherie and I were there at like 6:45 and sat around people watching till 9. But it was fun. We didn't stand right up front but wouldn't have had a problem doing so if we'd wanted to. We stood at the top of the stairs that lead down into the pit-that puts your right at eye level with the band which I thought was pretty cool. The stage IS really small...The Verve Pipe had 6 guys and they did look a little cramped up there, though it didn't seem uncomfortable and they could still move around. The lead singer is super tall though and I was afraid he was going to hit his head on the pipes on the ceiling lol...But I really enjoyed it there and hope to go back sometime.

My sister took that video of Green River Ordinance and Sleeperstar onstage together. It's just under 8 minutes long, but worth watching for the part when Chris Pearson (frontman for Sleeperstar) CROWD SURFED and made his way back to the stage by grabbing the pipe above him and scooting back like a monkey, LOL!

I usually like to be there at "doors open" for most places, but the night we saw GRO/SS my sister had to work until 6:30p, so we couldn't leave until then. Made it to the show before SS started playing, but miss the first openers (The Forities - heard of them? They're local).

So does this mean you ALSO live in Cbus?!

Well when Sleeperstar comes back around in April, we will all have to meet up for the show & some hangout!

Thursday (March 4) I'm heading back to Indianapolis to see Henry French (and others) in celebration of the latters birthday :) Going to be a lot of funtimes, I'm looking forward to it!

Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum in May. lol. Saw Cavo, Theory of a Deadman and Daughtry in December but I didn't notice this thread. haha.

Way to come in late, lawl!

Went to the Take Action tour concert last night in Seattle. It.was.so.fun. We met Brooks, the guitarist for Mayday Parade, the only band we went there to see. It was insane. The venue was SUPER small but it was pretty neat. We were about 3 people away from being able to touch the bands' hands, if we were into that sort of thing which we weren't. But yeah that was pretty cool. The boys I was with were finishing up their cigarettes [yuk] outside the venue and we started talking to this guy in skinny jeans and a suit jacket with poufy hair and he's all like "yeah, well we're up next" and we were like "wait, what?!" haha. We had to shake his left hand because he got in a fight at the last venue and his hand was all messed up LOL.

Ashley [bowlegs] did the lead singer tell you the story about the sketchy guy with the squinty eyes? How the whole "We the Kings" hand sign originated? It was quite hilarious--he's a pretty funny/random dude. We the Kings has more of a teeny-bopper fan base so I wasn't as much into them as all the teenagers but it was pretty cool all the same. I like their songs.

yeah Mayday were the only ones we cared about seeing too. we were up in the press deck for them since my friend was trying to get pictures for yearbook, which was awesome since we could see the entire stage from there, so we didnt move down until We The Kings. our venue was absolutely terrible, they deff over sold the show. it was crowded and youre right about the teeny boppers, i felt like the oldest person there, which is sad hahaha we didnt stay for long, only a few songs from we the kings and then we left.

he told us a story about something involving bobble headslol thats all i remember. he talked a lot about growing up and stuff since they started only about an hour from where we had the show. i cant remember much anymorelol

saw taylor swift last night when she kicked off her fearless 2010 tour in tampa.

she put on a pretty good show, not gonna lie.

I'm going to see Kid Cudi at the end of March.

I know one Kid Cudi song.

So...maybe you should listen to more of their stuff? Lol!

I'm checking out Backyard Tire Fire at Southgate House March 26.