Sign in to follow this  
Birdstone

Concerts

Upcoming Shows:

Backyard Tire Fire at Southgate House, Cincinnati, OH (03/26)

Jon McLaughlin at Bluebirds, Bloomington, IN (04/09)

Green River Ordinance at Headliners, Louisville, KY (04/09)

Crash Kings at The Mad Hatter, Cincinnati, OH (4/11)

Sleeperstar at TBA, Columbus, OH (04/29)

I also have an enormous dilemma. I just found another one of my favorite bands, Green River Ordinance, is also playing on April 9 in Louiville. I'm so upset by this, because I now have to choose between Jon McLaughlin or Green River Ordinance.

HELP!

Jon McL Pros:

[x] Haven't seen Jon sicne August '09.

[x] He'll be playing new music for the first time.

[x] Have been a Jon fan since 2008.

[x] The lead guitarist is totally hot.

Jon McL Cons:

[x] Show is almost 3hrs away in Bloomington, IN

[x] I'll be making the drive alone (sister and usual concert buddy is moving)

[x] The very next day I'm driving ti Indianapolis for the Hoosier Horse Fair. 2 IN trips in 2 days? Eeh...

[x] Will be at concert alone (unless someone wants to meet up??)

GRO Pros:

[x] Band of Hotties

[x] Much closer venue (1hr 30min vs. 3hrs to IN)

[x] Have seen them recently, so I'm still "in the mood."

GRO Cons:

[x] Just saw them last month (vs not seeing Jon for 6-7months)

[x] No new material - probably the same things I heard at The Basement in February)

I don't know what to do.

I'm leaning towards Jon McLaughlin heavily, but the 3hour drive-time has me stirred up. I had been thinking about going to the Hoosier Horse Fair on the 9th & then driving an hour and a half to Bloomington to see him, but that's not going to work either.

HELP PLZ.

Good things to share today!

1. Sleeperstar added new tour dates! (http://www.myspace.com/sleeperstar) Including a show in my town, Cincinnati! For anyone who's semi in the area & would like to come, it's April 25 at Stanley's Pub.

Check their dates and if they're coming near you, I strongly suggest going to see them. Great live band, beautiful music, and I'm sure they'll be unleashing some of the new tunes from the upcoming album "Just Another Ghost."

Here's a video of them performing my favoirte song "The Journey" at The Basement in Columbus, OH last month:

AND Sleeperstar just posted a FREE mp3/video download for one of the songs off their new record, "Fallback." You can find it and download it by going here: http://www.sleeperstar.com/fallback

2. Green River Ordinance is hitting the road again for their "Here We GRO Again Tour!" Check their upcoming dates and if they're in your town - or anywhere near it - I highly recommend checking them out. http://www.myspace.com/gro They are a high energy band with songs that will make you feel something special. I've seen GRO twice and they haven't disappointed.

But just in case I can't sell you on their merits, they made a video giving you 9 Reasons Why You Should See GRO On Tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIxwf4wQVkg

Finally, GRO will be playing HullabLOU Festival in Louisville, KY July 23!

3. THE ELMS are going to be playing at the NCAA Final Fur festival, Sunday April 4. They'll be playing alongside the Goo Goo Dolls and LL Cool J (no I'm not kidding about that). Elms open the show at 3pm, so come early! It all goes down at the White River State Park in Indianapolis, IN. If anyone is going and would like to meet up, send me PM and let me know. I will definitely be going!

4. New and Improved Upcoming Show Schedule:

Backyard Tire Fire at Southgate House, Cincinnati, OH (3/26) I have horses running tonight & can't make it, boo!

The Elms at White River State Park, Indianapolis, IN (4/4)

Jon McLaughlin at Bluebirds, Bloomington, IN (4/9)

Crash Kings at Mad Hatter, Cincinnati, OH (4/11)

Sleeperstar at Stanley's Pub, Cincinnati, OH (4/25)

Green River Ordinance at HullabaLOU Festival, Louisville, KY (7/23)

So far, AWESOMETOWN.

the Kokua festival is happening next month. the only two people i want to see are Jack Johnson and Ziggy Marley. I'd be my third time in less than a year seeing Ziggy.

Tim Mcgraw for sure with Lady A and Love and Theft!!! We try and go every year, a small group of some horsey friends.

I REALLY wanna see Jason Aldean again. He is my favorite! I missed out this year though, he's coming tommorow :(

I saw Trace Adkins and Toby Keith last September...GOOD show!

I'm seeing 30 Seconds to Mars in Santa Barbara in May!! And today I just found out that Mute Math is opening for them, which is one of my other favorite bands...so I'm pretty stoked on life :)

Tim Mcgraw for sure with Lady A and Love and Theft!!! We try and go every year, a small group of some horsey friends.

I REALLY wanna see Jason Aldean again. He is my favorite! I missed out this year though, he's coming tommorow :(

I saw Trace Adkins and Toby Keith last September...GOOD show!

i want to see tim mcgraw soooo bad (mostly just for lady a). but theyre here on prom night :( i already skipped out on homecoming for Brad Paisley, my friends have already promised to kill me if i skipped out again.

Im seeing Jason Aldean with Brooks and Dunn this summer! hopefully.

zwai3s.png

taylor swift. she was actually amazing for a live show. i was really skeptical since ive heard she is not a very good live performer, but deff put on a good show.

seeing motion city soundtrack the end of april. same venue as We The Kings though, not too excited about being there again, but i couldnt pass them up.

Ah, haven't you gone like fourteen times? The jealousy! (Also: I just noticed that you've got an MGMT quote there. Have you heard their new stuff yet? Anyways.)

It's not exactly new, but it looks like Passion Pit's actually going to happen, which is fabulous. And if anybody finds out about any good San Francisco shows happening mid-May, mention would be appreciated. :)

Ah, haven't you gone like fourteen times? The jealousy! (Also: I just noticed that you've got an MGMT quote there. Have you heard their new stuff yet? Anyways.)

It's not exactly new, but it looks like Passion Pit's actually going to happen, which is fabulous. And if anybody finds out about any good San Francisco shows happening mid-May, mention would be appreciated. :)

Haha, been twice, and Lollapalooza once!

Duuuuude "Flash Delirium" is sooo crazy! The title totally encompasses it all: psychedelic deliriousness with flashy sounds.

Jealousssss about Passion Pit! I would LOVE to see them live.

One of my Twitter friends said of Passion Pit "kids think of the dirtiest names for their bands these days." LOL.

THE ELMS playing the NCAA Big Dance Festival on Sunday, hooray! I'm stoked!

The Elms yesterday were phenomenal, as always! There were four acts for the Big Dance festival yesterday: The Elms, Jakes Owen, LL Cool J, & Goo Goo Dolls. Elms played first a little after 4pm, and yowza is about the only word worth using.

They played a lot of tunes from their latest record, including "Strut", "Long Gone", "County Fair", "Unless God Appears First" and "This Is How The World Will End". They also played "Nothin' To Do With Love" and "The Way I Will" from their 3rd album. Then a fan favorite, "Speaking in Tongues" from their sophmore effort.

The crowd was good, but most of the people there were there early to see the other acts. I was pretty disappointed that more Elms fans didn't come out for this show...I mean, it's their homestate for cryin' out loud! Where were all their fans and friends?! Hopefully they gathered some new fans after this show, and thus expand their popularity.

I'm still basking in the Elmsy goodness =D

Owen_shades.jpg

End of the show. Owen's wearing his stunna' shades.

Train, Adam Lambert and Orianthi, and Dierks Bentley in August and September at the Rays Summer Concert Series. I pre-ordered all three of my tickets tonight :)

Wow - they have tickets on sale for a show all the way in September?

Well, they have ticket sales for the baseball games, and concerts are free with the baseball tickets, so i went ahead and preorder my game tickets so i wont have to worry about them selling out during the summer. I might buy a wristband to get up next to the stage, but it all depends on how much they charge this year. But, the concerts are just as good in the stadium seating as they are next to the stage.

Found a show that the BF would LOVE....

The Used and Mayday Parade.

In Tennessee.

Yeah, not happening, especially since I have a college rodeo that day.

But that would be awesome because those are his two favorite bands and I'm starting to like them too...

Need to find some money laying around so I can see Dave at the Gorge AND in Boise. I NEED to go. Like I will die if I cannot go, lol.

Upcoming shows:

AC/DC

Aerosmith

30 Seconds To Mars

Cinderella

Atreyu

Steel Panther

Slash

Billy Idol

Rage Against The Machine

Saxon

Stone Temple Pilots

Motorhead

Coheed & Cambria

Bullet For My Valentine

The Used

HIM

Airbourne

Okay granted it's at Download 2010 but killer lineups! I wanna go Sonisphere as well but can't afford to go :(

Wow, I was reading the list thinking "WHEN will you have time for all these shows?" and then I realized it must be a festival-esque thing.

Sounds like a fun time - how many days is it?

I'm supposed to be seeing Sleeperstar tonight, but the show got canceled yesterday. They're working on a make-up date in June, but I'm still pretty bummed.

So, no concerts in my future until July when Green River Ordinance plays in Louisville for a big festival. I'm hoping some of my other favorite bands (coughcoughTHEELMScoughcough) will start touring soon and fill the spaces!

CRASH KINGS TOMORROW NIGHT IN LOUISVILLE!!

This must a last minute addition, because it's definitely not on their tour schedule - I just checked a few days ago. They just added the event on Facebook & Twitter, so of course I absolutely have to go! Only an hour and 15 minutes from home - HECK YES.

Excited!

Crash Kings last night = AWESOME.

This was my 3rd time seeing them since being introduced to them in January. They played a few tunes that aren't released yet (probably slated for the upcoming album), "Carry On" and "Second Rate Citizen". I really love them both, but the latter is to die for!

They're coming to Nashville June 1st. I'm still trying to decide if I want to drive 4 hous to see them...and more important, drive 4 hours back to be at work the next morning. I have time to figure that out, but I just can't get enough Crash Kings!

here's my photos from the show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96267909@N00/...57623960526910/

Here's my upcoming concert schedule:

The Elms at Indianapolis Raceway, Indianapolis, IN (5/21)

Backyard Tire Fire at Waterfront Park, Louisville, KY (5/26)

Crash Kings at The Square Froom, Knoxville, TN (6/2)

Jon McLaughlin at Military Park, Indianapolis, IN (6/5)

OneRepublic at The Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA (7/20)

I'm most excited about the OneRepublic show, just because I haven't seen them since 2008 in Chicago. I've been waiting for them to come anywhere near my town and it just hasn't happened. My sister moved to Philly last month, so this will be the perfect opportunity to visit her, take her cat to her, and see my favorite band.

SCORE.

Also really, really looking forward to the Crash Kings show, but I look forward to them at all times. Because I'm in love with them.

^Luckyy!!

I should convince my besties to go to the PA (onerepublic) show. That's the closest they're coming to me (right now anyways), besties lovelove them, plus other bestfriend lives in PA.. it would be perfect.

that would legit be amazing haha...

I'm hoping to go see Lydia this august. They're breaking up and going on a final tour, and I really really want to go see them. They're an AMAZING band.

I'm also really disappointed I won't be able to see crash kings this weekend.. :(

The Elms never disappoint! Even with the threat of heavy rain, the show went on! Happily, it only sprinkled for about 2 minutes at the very end of their set, and then stayed away the rest of the afternoon. Come to find out that back home it poured and in some places there were tornado warnings - yikes! Extremely glad that missed those of us who were rockin' out in Indianapolis.

The Elms played an hour-long set, and pulled out some unexpected tunes, like "Black Peach" and "She's Cold!". There was a minor technical glitch during the first song, but it was quickly fixed and they never missed a beat - they're just too pro. There were, once again, not nearly enough people there. Almost everyone who watched the show were non-Elms fans, hearing them for the first time. I was the only one as far as I could tell who was there FOR The Elms, and not for the other racecar festivities.

In fact, 2 older guys assumed I was with the band! The first guy asked if I was with the lead singer or the bass player, and the second guy just thought I was with the band in some way or another. I directed both guys to The Elms official website - hopefully they'll check it out and they can be marked down as 2 new fans for future shows.

It was a fun show, I thought! Of course, it doesn't take much to make me happy when it comes to The Elms. They still haven't released any tour information...I'm waiting for this more anxiusly than anything else. I need to know when I can get ym next fix!

Here's my photos from the show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96267909@N00/...57624109714846/

My next show is Backyard Tire Fire in Louisville on Wednesday.