Sign in to follow this  
Birdstone

Concerts

I get to go see Cross Canadian Ragweed while I'm in Nebraska this summer :)

I'll probably end up seeing Eric Church and Trailer Choir while I'm there as well.

And I'm pondering adding Tom Petty to the list.

My friends and I want to go to Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Keane, and Onerepublic this summer... hopefully we'll get to a couple of those!! it would be rather awesome :)

I want to see Keane real bad.

Dang the Chicago show being so close to my Philadelphia trip to see OneRepublic. I might be able to get away for a quickie visit to Philly in August for Keane. They don't come 'round the states THAT often, so I feel like if I don't see them I'll never get to again, lol.

KEANE.

They're SO amazingg, i haven't had the chance to see them live yet either so I'm convincing my friends to go!! haha, because yeah I feel like it will be forever before I get another chance to see them again. It'd be amazing...

They're SO amazingg, i haven't had the chance to see them live yet either so I'm convincing my friends to go!! haha, because yeah I feel like it will be forever before I get another chance to see them again. It'd be amazing...

I wouldn't even bother trying to get a friend to go, lol. I'd get myself the tickets and THEN find someone to go. I've been going to concerts alone since my sister moved to Philadelphia, and I gotta say it's sort of fun to go by yourself!

Hope you get a chance to see them!

I would definitely do that if I could drive/my mother wasn't so horribly strict about stuff like that lol. Though, I could drive by then, she'd still not let me go at all without someone with me..

So I'm stuck having to go with someone. Bestfriends love keane though and want to go, so as long as they're not busy it should be all set :)

New Dates added to my "2010 Summer of Awesomeness":

June 2: CRASH KINGS @ The Square Room, Knoxville, TN

June 5: JON MCLAUGHLIN @ Military Park, Indianapolis, IN

June 29: CIVIL TWILIGHT @ Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH

July 10: CIVIL TWILIGHT @ Forecastle Festival, Louisville, KY

July 20: ONEREPUBLIC @ Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA

August 23: ROONEY @ Moonlight Gardens, Cincinnati, OH

I made a last minute decision to not attend the Crash Kings show in Knoxville.

I've also been able to add some new shows to my "2010 Summer of Awesomeness":

June 5: JON MCLAUGHLIN @ Military Park, Indianapolis, IN

June 19: THE ELMS @ Taste of Tippecanoe Festival, Lafayette, IN

June 29: CIVIL TWILIGHT @ Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH

July 5: THE ELMS @ CarmelFest, Carmel, IN

July 9: ONEREPUBLIC @ Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA

July 23: GREEN RIVER ORDINANCE @ HullabaLOU Festival, Louisville, KY

July 30: THE ELMS @ Radio Radio, Indianapolis, IN

August 23: ROONEY @ Moonlight Gardens, Cincinnati, OH

The Elms announced on Tuesday that they're disbanding. They'll be playing 3 final shows (which are listed above). I encourage anyone and everyone who can attend to do so. There won't be a chance again. The Elms are the best live band I've ever seen, and I would hate for anyone to miss out on one of the final opportunities to see them in their element. Tickets for the final show on July 30 are limited, it's supposed to be a pretty intimate show, so if you have any interested in attending, go to their website (http://www.theelms.net) and order your tickets ASAP.

This is a sad time.

^Lucky!!! I haven't listened to much of him but I lovee what I've heard and I'd go see him anytime :D

Going to see The Elms in one of their final performances for...ever. They're playing at the Taste of Tippecanoe in Lafayette, Indiana. I'm looking forward to the show as usual because it's The Elms and I love them, but I also dread it because after tomorrow, there will only be 2 shows left...and then 1...and then blah.

It's going to be a hot mofo tomorrow - high of 92 degrees! Going to be a fun time though - I bought new flip flops just for the occassion!

So kids.

MGMT is playing Oakland in a week and a half for $60-ish. Transportation's good to go, I don't have anything the next day, bestfriend would definitely be coming and others invited but cost may be prohibitive to them actually coming.

In October, Of Montreal is playing Portland with Janelle Monae for $20. Transportation might be iffy, I have class the next day, bestfriend would still definitely be coming but all the others would be in California (unless we invite new kids, which is a possibility).

I hate decisions. HELP.

Jason Aldean is coming to Tallahassee in September and Uncle Kracker is opening for him. I really wanna go to that.

I saw Carrie Underwood and Craig Morgan back in May. It was an AWESOME show!!

My boyfriend and I drove to Tampa earlier this summer for the Country Throwdown Tour mostly because his brother, Caleb McLeod (check him outtt!), was playing. There were some awesome artists there like Cory Branan, Eric Church, The Lost Trailers, Sara Buxton. Jamey Johnson and Montgomery Gentry were also there but we didn't get to see them cause my boyfriend got sick and we had to go back to the hotel early.

LOVE that place. I went to a show there back in the spring and it's so much better than the huge places around here.

I ended up having to cancel my trip out to Philly to see OneRepublic, but it worked out fine because they had to cancel their show.

I went to Louisville last Sunday to see Gasoline Heart. It was a GREAT show - he/they don't come around here all that often, and I was so thrilled to be able to see them. Had a great time, and can't wait for them to come back around again.

I was supposed to be seeing Civil Twilight tonight in Indianapolis, but I had to skip it when my body decided to go on strike and give me cramps that have lasted most of the day. I'm too bummed about missing the show, since I'm not a rabid fan, but I was going to meet up with a friend, and that would have been a lot of fun. Oh well.

Next show is Old 97's in Bloomington, IN at the Bluebird Nightclub. I'm so excited about this one! I haven't seen the 97's since about this time last year, which is way, way too long. They're working on a new album and will playing their new tunes which I've heard are ridiculously awesome. It's a 3 hour drive to Bloomington, but it's definitely worth it for the Old 97's.

After that, it's Crash Kings in Columbus, OH on the 29th, The Elms in Indianapolis on the 30th...and then not much after that. I cut back a little on my live shows because I'm in the job hunt, and need to save some money.

I saw Dierks Bentley.

Among other people.

Haven't listened to any of his stuff before, as I'm not a country fan, but some family is visiting from Japan and wanted to listen to some "American music." So we went to the Grand Ole Opry, and he was there. Not too bad.

Lady Gaga in March!! Yeah it's still 8 months away, but I'm going with my best friend and am really excited.

Also going to Maroon 5 in October, that should be fun and the tickets were pretty cheap.

I really want to see Beach House open for Vampire Weekend in September, but it's the weekend I move into college. :(

Leaving in a few hours to see Crash Kings in Columbus!

Tomorrow is The Elms final show. I don't want to talk about it.

Oh hey. This thread still exists.

A little over a month ago, I went to The Elms final performance. It was an unforgettable night, to be sure. I hesitate to use the word "epic", because it's so hip right now, but their final show was nothing short of EPIC. The Elms came onstage to a standing ovation for a full 5 minutes - clapping, cheering, shouts of "We love you!", and tears all around. Once they got started, they never looked back. They played 36 songs and played for 4 hours. It was a highly impressive and ambitious setlist, and there were a lot funny, sad, sweet, and tender moments in between. It was the greatest show I've ever seen, and I don't think I'll ever see anything quite so great again.

Take some time and listen to The Elms. Their music is high quality and pure gold. Check out youtube and watch some live performances, buy the albums on iTunes, listen any way you can because it's so worth it. This is a great rock band, and even though they've disbanded, their music is still there for the listening. So listen.

----------

A few weeks ago I went to Indianapolis to see Henry French play in a benefit show for marine mammals affected by the oil spill in the Gulf. There was 6 bands playing that night, and even though I couldn't stay the whole night, I came away with some new bands to love.

First of all, Henry was great, as always. He played some tunes from his upcoming EP along with the songs from his already released EP "Swagger And Sway". He always proves to be well worth the 2 hour drive from Cincinnati.

Another singer/songwriter from Indiana, Cory Williams, also impressed. He has some gigs coming up in Indianapolis, and if anyone is in the area I strongly encourage you to go see him. Very good, sincere, melodic...all the right elements. I wish there was a place to direct you for listening, but he does have a Facebook that keeps updated with shows, and other news. Check him out.

There's also a group from Utah called The Devil Whale. When I saw they had a saxophone in their band, my initial reaction was Oh boy..., and laced with sarcasm. But they were GREAT. It's impossible to listen to their music and not want to move around. They released an EP called "Young Wives" this year, and you can stream it on their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/thedevilwhale My personal favorite song there is "Barracudas".

And with The Devil Whale was Matt Hopper, from Alaska and who knows where else! He played a sweet set, and I was impressed. There's some slammin' vocals from this guy, and you should definitely give him a listen: http://www.myspace.com/matthopper "Gloomy Days" from his album "Jersey Finger" is my favorite, but you should listen to them all!

----------

I also caught up with a friend in my own town a few weeks ago to see one of her favorites, Jesse Malin. She sent me a few songs to hear before the show, and I thought "this is all right". It was at the show where I became a fan. The energy was through the roof, the music was rocking, despite the fact it was a simple acoustic set with just a guitar and keys. Jesse told the greatest stories leading up to his songs, and left the audience laughing, singing along, hootin' and hollerin'...myself included! If he comes near your town, acoustic or with his band The St. Marks Social His new music can be streamed here: http://www.myspace.com/jessemalin

Playing with Jesse on the keys was Allan Fox. He had a CD with a couple of his own songs, and they're also worth a solid listen: http://www.myspace.com/allanfoxmusic My favorite is "Writing on the Ocean Floor With Endless Ink", but you be the judge. I believe he also plays in Jesse's full band. The guy crazy talented on the keys, and I'm a sucker for the piano anyway.

----------

The next show I'd like to go to is Sleeperstar at Birdy's in Indianapolis. Based on some fincanial...tightness, I may have to skip this show, but it doesn't mean you should! If you're in Indianapolis, GO SEE THIS BAND. September 14th!

Sleeperstar is also coming to New York City in early October, so I may try to swing that show, since I'll be an hour away in Jersey.

I am going to see Jesse Malin again in Columbus September 17th at The Basement. If anyone in the area wants to meet up for the show and maybe some hangtime afterwards, let me know! It'll be my last trip to Columbus for a long time, no doubt.

I made it to Dave before they stopped touring next year. My life is complete. =P

Everyone needs to experience a show at The Gorge in George, Washington. It's epic. Everytime. I wish I could get married there. It's so gorgeous.

Saw Henry French last night at Birdy's in Indianapolis. It'll probably be the last time I see Henry for a very long time, since I'm moving to New Jersey in 5 days. Quality shines through, as usual! Does anyone here like the band Blue October? Henry covers their song "Breakfast After 10" and absolutely slams it into the ground. I'll find a link for the song later, as I'm on a time crunch at the moment. But it's EXCELLENT.

So, Henry opened for Carbon Leaf. Heard of them? I had heard their name before, but never their music and I was blown away. Extremely impressed by this group of 5, with a bluegrassy/rock and rolly/celtic flavor. They just realsed a 7 song EP called "How The West Was (vol.) One", and I encourage you to BUY IT NOW.

Here's just a little bit of the lyrical genius:

Here we stood to assess the dirt,

Where thunderclouds brushed the land,

Here we stood, confessed, and hurt,

Heads bowed, hand in hand

Standing at the crossroads,

Looking on these fields of dreams,

I stood and watched then come unsewn,

Right at their patchwork seams.

-"Crossroads", Carbon Leaf

Last month I got to see Justin Moore, Darius Rucker and Brad Paisley live, aammaazziinngg concert! They were soo good live! I'd go to another one in a heartbeat.

39943_480773629201_832089201_6630955_2532769_n.jpg

39614_480773829201_832089201_6630966_5104640_n.jpg

Also, bonus, I got to meet Brad Paisley. :tongue9:

40199_480887954201_832089201_6633770_5777124_n.jpg

Oct 17

Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Black label society, Children of Bodem, Clutch, 2cents, Murderdolls and midget wrestling. I have 2 tickets in the pit.

I have only ever been to country concerts before, but I couldn't pass this up. Some of my fav bands. Im in love with Zombie and missed seeing him once this year, not missing it again! I can not wait!