Sign in to follow this  
4x4performancehorses

Im So Excited I Could Not Wait! Lol Pic.s! Bred My 1d Mare 5-15-09

Okay so I bred my mare May 15th. She is a 1-D barrel and Poles horse as well as team roping and english jumping. She is a AWSOME mare and I have been waiting 9 years to breed her and I found a nic eproven stallion. His name is Ol Yellow Nugget, he is a proven 1-D stallion and almost all of him babies that went to the arena turn put to be 1-D horses. I met a girl last week that has a 5 year old amre off of him that she paid $50,000 for !!!!!! CrAzY ! His babies are true blue barrel horses. Anyway I figured a proven stud and a proven mare (i wouldnt trade her for the world) I could not lose on this colt!!!

Any way my mare is 15.3 hands tall and is a BIG boned mare she has had two colts before (with the previous owner) 9 years ago. She is now 16 years old and still going strong so i decided to breed her.

This will be the papers on the new baby!!

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/wendy+nugget+baby

Oh yea and Wendy is a reg. paint APHA breeding stock mare and the stallion is a AQHA palimino

I am hoping for a sorrel or a buckskin. I DO NOT want a colored up paint...lol just me.

here is tha daddy

olyellownuggetwendysstud.jpg

Okay here she is on July 20th around 2 1/2 months pregnant

Wendy3monthsJuly202009.jpg

And this is her again Aug 3 (yesterday)

Should she be showing this much already???

DSC07168.jpg

DSC07171.jpg

Edited by 4x4 Performance Horses

She isn't showing a baby belly as of yet. The fetus is only about 3 inches in size. Here is a good web site that shows the development Fetus Development Also, if you can get her ultrasounded to make sure there is only one fetus in there and not two. Pregnancy with twins are hard on mares and there is a higher chance of the mare aborting.

Wow our mares should be foaling side by side!Ours took May 13th. Here's her 3 month pics taken today. She defiantly isnt showing like your mare!! But she's always been a bit on the lighter side

Penny3Months.jpg

Are you planning on registering this foal?

If I remember right, APHA does not allow foals to be registered with the association unless one of the parents is a REGULAR registered horse. I don't think you can register an APHA foal out of an AQHA stallion if the dam is a breeding stock.

But I could be wrong... :confused0024:

I'll go look it up for you and let you know.... Be back soon!

Are you planning on registering this foal?

If I remember right, APHA does not allow foals to be registered with the association unless one of the parents is a REGULAR registered horse. I don't think you can register an APHA foal out of an AQHA stallion if the dam is a breeding stock.

But I could be wrong... :confused0024:

I'll go look it up for you and let you know.... Be back soon!

As long as ONE parent is a registered Paint you can register the baby with APHA. Breeding stock or not. :winking:

Three*C*Champs: I believe they changed it though, a friend of mine had two foals get denied this year because they were Sire: AQHA Dam: APHA (solidbred). They came out solid. I really need to get a hold of APHA and double check. (As there might have been more to that story).

4x4: I know AQHA is trying to register all the horses that were from cropout bloodlines from APHA. If you can prove your mare is 100% AQHA with no unknown Paint lines then I'm sure they could probably register your mare with AQHA then you'd get her DNA typed and of course the stallion owner would have to send a report to AQHA. Then you'd possibly have an AQHA/APHA dual registered filly.

Just to let you know. I checked on your mares pedigree. The only stallion in Question is probably ONEALS SS. You could probably send a copy of your mares pedigree to AQHA and explain the situation etc. WHo knows, you might get lucky...

I tried getting onto APHAonline.com to look up ONEALS SS's pedigree to no avail.. Stupid computer decides not to load pages...

Three*C*Champs: I believe they changed it though, a friend of mine had two foals get denied this year because they were Sire: AQHA Dam: APHA (solidbred). They came out solid. I really need to get a hold of APHA and double check. (As there might have been more to that story).

4x4: I know AQHA is trying to register all the horses that were from cropout bloodlines from APHA. If you can prove your mare is 100% AQHA with no unknown Paint lines then I'm sure they could probably register your mare with AQHA then you'd get her DNA typed and of course the stallion owner would have to send a report to AQHA. Then you'd possibly have an AQHA/APHA dual registered filly.

Hmm I would find that story hard to believe unless there is more to the reasoning. If it is true, APHA is not disclosing this on their website. And I would believe there would be much more up roar on something such as this, denying pure breed horses of their papers.

http://www.apha.com/breed/index.html

Three*C*Champs: Hard to believe but it did happen, I'll talk to her and see what the situation was exactly. I know the horses were in her parents name. Maybe they were in bad standing or something? I'll let you know. I contacted APHA personally and you are correct. The foal is registerable. I'm definitely curious as to why they denied my friends and will let you guys know what thats all about..

Three*C*Champs: Hard to believe but it did happen, I'll talk to her and see what the situation was exactly. I know the horses were in her parents name. Maybe they were in bad standing or something? I'll let you know. I contacted APHA personally and you are correct. The foal is registerable. I'm definitely curious as to why they denied my friends and will let you guys know what thats all about..

Thanks so much for contacting APHA and finding out. I do wonder too why your friend was denied. Hmm

So im confused with the foal be able to reg. AQHA if its a solid???

Thats a tough one and I'd have to go with no, although your mare has alot of crop outs in her pedigree. I'm almost positive AQHA also changed their rule and as long as both parents are reg. Quarter horses your foal can be registered with AQHA, no matter the amount of white (for crop outs). But it may become a hassle to get AQHA papers on your foal, and I wouldnt be sure it's still eligilble.

AQHA won't accept it for registration unless you can prove and have DNA'd all horses that are croupouts. If a horse has died that was full QH but registered APHA your out of luck. If it comes out "all painted up" i'll be glad to take it off your hands. My least white paint horse always throws the loudest colored babies even when she was bred to a solid QH and vice versa my loudest colored mare threw a solid...go figure.

Well she has had two babies before I owned her the last one was about 7 years ago but anyway the first time she was bred to a solid stud (duno if it was APHA or AQHA) but she threw a loud black and white stud colt unfortunatly it drown in their pond ( i bet that was terrible for wendy to see....

And the second time she was bred to a leo bred APHA sorrel and white stud and she threw a IDENTICAL version of herself except it was a stud colt.....

SO i duno what I'll get but Im SO EXCITED!!! Do you think I could take her to the vet and have the sex of the foal determined???? I just cant stand it...lol I wanna start figuring out a name..... Wendy is 115 day today

So im confused with the foal be able to reg. AQHA if its a solid???

Both parents have to be registered AQHA before the foal can be registered AQHA no matter what the coat pattern.

If the mare is APHA she would have to be permitted AQHA papers before her foal could be registered APHA. The only way that could happen is if whatever horse in her pedigree that's paint happened to be a crop-out Quarter horse and they could send his papers back into AQHA for true AQHA papers. Then you'd have do do your mare..

Then the foal.

So it all depends on ONEALS SS pedigree. Was he a crop out quarter horse or was he really a paint? Is he still alive? If he had two AQHA parents than he was probably a crop out (two much white). If that's the case he can be DNA'd and the hardship papers could be issued to him. Then you could have your mare registered as AQHA.

Lots of if's.

You can't register the foal as AQHA just because it's solid though. Just like your mare isn't AQHA even though she's solid.

Okay so we are almost at the 5 months mark and im so excited i cant stand it, seems like this thing is rolling along quicker than I expected which I LIKE !

got a quick pic this morning but she looks all distorted by the way she was standing.

Oppps forgot the pics I will be back in a sec. to upload

I'm going to guess they were denied REGULAR registry. They can probably get the foal registered as a solid bred paint. Or one of the parents really isn't registered.

S.O. Turn: The only way that a foal from an AQHA sire can not be registered is if he is not in the APHA stud book. The stallion owner needs to register the staillion in the APHA stud book and have him DNA'd. I believe that's how it's done. I personally haven't had to deal with this, but would have if the 1st foal my mare had would have lived (the foals sire was AQHA).

4x4: As long as the stallion is regiestered with the APHA stud book and DNA'd you should have no problem registering the foal with APHA. I'll have to check on the sire in question on your mare. I can use APHA Plus to look at his pedigree. *runs off to look sire up*

ETA:

Wendy's sire's dam (Sure Fancy) is a crop out quarter, but her sire's sire (Joe Dee Bud) is paint that goes back 4 generations past Joe Dee Bud to Adios Amigo, who was out of a Qh and Grade Qh.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to register Wendy with AQHA, too much paint in her top side. If the Stallion you bred her too is in the APHA Stud book you should have no problems registering the foal with APHA, solid or colored.

Edited by SpiffyGrl

The stud I bred wendy with is AQHA all the way I dont think he ahs any direct paints in his lines....

Okay so we are almost at the 5 months mark and im so excited i cant stand it, seems like this thing is rolling along quicker than I expected which I LIKE !

got a quick pic this morning but she looks all distorted by the way she was standing.

Oppps forgot the pics I will be back in a sec. to upload

Pic of wendy Sep. 13th

wendysep13th.jpg

Pic of wendy Sep 24th

wendysep244months.jpg

Edited by 4x4 Performance Horses

The stallion will still have to be registered in the APHA Stud Book and DNA'd for you to be able to register the foal with APHA. Since momma has too much paint in her bloodlines for AQHA you will probably only be able to register baby with APHA. APHA will take the foal weither it's solid or painted. My mare came out of a black and white tobiano and a sorrel QH, she's solid and is in the Solid Registery for the APHA. Hope this helps and find out if the Stallion's owner registered him in the APHA Stud Book and got him DNA'd. With him being in the APHA Stud Book any other paint mares they breed him to they can be registered in the APHA without them having to re-registery the stud in the Stud book. Once he's in the Stud Book, he's in there.

BTW, she looks great!!!!

She is looking good. The time does go by quickly doesn't it. Good luck with the Registration of the foal. I still have to register mine.