Sign in to follow this  
4x4performancehorses

Im So Excited I Could Not Wait! Lol Pic.s! Bred My 1d Mare 5-15-09

K so I am going out today to get new pics she is HUGE !!!!!! This is gunna be a MONSTER baby!!! It is killing me I wanna know what color it is!!!!!!!!!

Reminding ya'll the daddy is a pali and momma is a sorrel breeding stock paint!!

what are we gunna get!!!??????? We are at 158 days now!!!!!!

OKAY UPDATE TIME!

around 180 days!!!!!!!

I wish I could capture in a pic how HUGE she is !!!

wendy6months.jpg

wendy6monthsfront.jpg

this is our other mare "Apollo Doll" (20 yr. QH mare) that was bred 7 days after wendy was, we bred dolly to a (Leo x Doc bar stallion) .

dolly111409.jpg

NO BABIES yet.........i have 2 due in 2010 between end of March and April.

ALSo brought my hubby unlces mare to the vet for him (HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HORSES) and found out his 2 year old filly (he bought about 4 months ago) is about to have a baby .....between feb and april. SHe was malnorished when he got her (now she is FAT) so vet cant tell if the baby is just stunted in growth and due in sooner or if its on track and due in March....so we will see

GREAT another one for me to watch...thank god she in only 2 miles away.

K so I brought Wendy to the vet last week and he said the baby is SUPER big and active he said since the baby is so big she could have it earlier so he said I could start watching around the mid of march !!!

EDITING TO SAY I messed up on counting days....lol he said 30 days before her due date....so

So here she is

229 Days !

wendy229days2.jpg

wendy229days.jpg

Edited by 4x4 Performance Horses

I hope your vet is VERY wrong. Foals born before 300 days have a very low chance of survival. Personally I don't think she is all that big....baby is sitting sideways thats all. ITs a colt from the sounds of it IMHO. :happy0203: Hope she goes at the end of March for your sake.

Go back and take a look at some of the mares from last year and what to look for...Stars mare had the longest formation of an udder I think... Usually its 2 to 6 weeks before they give birth..Stars mare I think started 8 weeks early...Mares are fakers and teasers! They can even fool a vet...

AD

He just said she could go 30 before her due date and have no problemsI got my counting al mixed up he said 30 days before her due date............She will be EXACTLY 300 days on March 10th so...

and yea if you just see that side you would think its laying to one side but its just as big on the other side also we have another mare that we bred 10 days after wendy and wendy is much bigger than her. She really dont look as big in the pics as she really is she is a BIG mare 15.3 -16 hands and big boned. She had two babys before I got her and it tore her pretty bad her previous owners said both her babys were really big at birth. I think she will go full term though I am thinking around March 30th.....around 320 days.

Edited by 4x4 Performance Horses

Wow. You're sure she took the date you think? She was exposed to the stud before? Man, our mare took two days earlier than yours...she looks tiny compared to your mare!

Here's our girl at 7.5 months.

75months.jpg

Edited by Three*C*Champs

I don't know ladies, I see the same size bellies [ROTFL] One is just shorter backed then the other, which would make the foal less likely to stretch out. When the time comes I think it will be a horses race to see who goes first.. 4 x 4's foal probably has longer legs and it stretching momma out more.

When Deb was pregnant, at about 8 months she looked HUGE! Angel was sitting sideways and pretty active...by 9.5 months she moved again and Deb looked like she sluffed the foal [shocked] I even looked all over..No movement, just a gassy mare. I was worried...by 10 months baby started to move again..but not as active..by 10.5 months poor Deb looked like she was having twins...I thought for sure she would go early...she ended up going 357 days !!!! So hang in their girls....mares stares can be frustrating! [ROTFL]

AD

LOL........yep we bred he once on May 15th....

I wish I could get some pictures to do he soem justice she is really REALLY big the other mare we bred 10 days after and she is not near as wide.....like alaskan said I think its gunna be super leggy....I just hope its healthy !

I CANT WAIT

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I wish time would go a LITTLE faster I cant STAND it anymore !!! Im ready for .............my little girl or guy to get here !!!! BUT I will wait as long as its HEALTHY !!! [bang Head]

I wish time would go a LITTLE faster I cant STAND it anymore !!! Im ready for .............my little girl or guy to get here !!!!

[ROTFL] You and me both Sister!

AD

awww mommy is so gorgeous! im so excited for you girl i love colored babies but it's gonna be a pretty girl either way :) when is she due?

UPDATE !!!!!!

This is big MOMMA at 286 days !!!!

she is now at 290 !!!! I AM GETTING TO CRAZY !!! Can't wait for "Harvey" to get here...lol I know i have already named the belly ! i usually like crazy names but for some reason "Harvey" pops into my head everytime Im around her belly...lol weird....

286days.jpg

286daysrightside2.jpg

286daysrightside.jpg

286dayshead.jpg

Haha I already have his barn name & registered name picked out.

I'm so screwed if it comes out a filly!

She is doing GREAT getting BIG she has been bagged up for about 2 weeks now and getting bigger by the day ! We had a spa day on the 26th and she got her hair braided and got a nice bath and feet trimmed....so she is ready to go !!! My other mare dolly is getting close to I need to snap a few new pics of her to (she is due 7 days after wendy) and i also picked up a rescue yesterday that is gunna pop any day !! she is a buckskin paint and cute as a button with a BIG belly and not a bit of fat on her !....so we are trying to get her fat before she foals....

HERE ARE SOME PICS FROM A WEEK AND A HALF AGO !

march262010.jpg

march262010front.jpg

rolling.jpg

rolling4.jpg

rolling3.jpg

rolling2.jpg

wow! she's getting huge!! can't WAIT to see what color baby will be! are you hoping for paint baby or plain jane???? :) Can't wait!!! HFV!!