Sign in to follow this  
Always Andy

If You Could Ride Any Upper Level Horse....?

I am blessed to be surrounded by some very well known horse and rider combos. I have been fortunate enough to sit on quite a few nice, upper level horses. I honestly don't know that I could narrow it down to just one. If however, you had the chance to ride the upper level horse of your dreams...who would it be?

I have no idea. It would have to be someone tolerant enough not to launch me off when I get tense in all the wrong places or start giving conflicting signals. I don't mind a horse just stopping until I figure out how to ask correctly. I don't know enough upper level horses to dream of riding any one in particular. And frankly, until I had the skill to ride it ok I'm not sure I would have the guts to get on.

Tracy

After seeing this year's Rolex I would love the chance to sit on Buck Davidson's My Boy Bobby. That horse looks like a blast to jump, hes got such a great style to him. I loved watching him go. I think back in the day I would have taken the opportunity to jump on Biko or Custom Made too!

I fell in love with My Boy Bobby at The Fork this year. Truly amazing horse. On the Biko/ Taylor thing...I had a friend come into town last week who had never been to the area. We were driving along and I mentioned that we were passing Karen and David's. As we were passing a roadside paddock with two horses in it I added "That's Taylor.". We of course had to stop and "visit". I then drove down to Biko and Prince Panache's field and had another "visit". It's so amazing to me that I often take for granted the horses that I see on a daily basis. It's a shame, really.

I think that were I limited to riding one upper level horse, the ride of my dreams, you might say, right now I would have to chose Jam. I adore the mare!!

Oh, there's lots! Probably many that I won't remember to name. I always loved Napalm for how flashy he was. I think Esker Riada or King Street would be good about carting my butt around a four-star, haha. Carrick was always a favorite of mine, too. Also West Farthing and Northern Spy.

Gosh there's so many! I've been lucky with some of the horses I've gotten a chance to sit on, but there's always nice horses that I would love to take for a joyride of sorts. =)

I'm with RS as far as wanting to try any horse that could cart my butt around an upper level course! I'd add Ringwood Cockatoo to that list.