Sign in to follow this  
threec

Our First Pregnant Mare, Penny- He's Here!

She looks totally disgusted!!!! She is very nice though and the daddy too. You should get some beef out of that breeding!

She's doing good. Getting bigger by the day. No bagging up yet. Still have a little over a month to go!

So when is she due again???? wasent she bred last on May 10th?

My two girls are HUGE Wendy (the big girl) was bred only once on May15th and she is HUGE and is bagging up.

My other older girl dolly (21yr.) was bred last on 22nd of may (to a different stud) and here bag is MONSTEROUS ! I mean like I dont think if can get any bigger....she seems like she may be wanting to have her baby early but Im hoping she waits a couple more weeks (*I think she can)

I cant WAIT to see these babies (including yours) I've already got halters (baby pink, baby blue, and pastel green) Im prepared for boys or girls...lol......and Im SUCH a loser I go out there everyday 2x's a day to feed and wile they are eating I talk to the babies and they just kick and kick and I LOVE feeling them move and kick its so NEAT !

HEALTHY FOAL VIBES ...I hope Penny's birth goes smoothly !

She was last bred May 13th so she's due April 29th. She started bagging up this week & it's already twice as big as it was a few days ago! I swear the poor girl is getting bigger by the day, it's hanging there. We got a very nice inclosed shelter this week, 12 X 24, that we're gonna start putting up today. Need to get it up intime!!

OH girl I know how it is !! We build our foaling pen last week I need to post some pics on HC....I posted them on BHW but not on here I totally forgot....

We spent a GOOD chuck building a 60 x 90 foaling pen off the side of our barn and the stall it is off of is 12x12 so she can pick were she wants to have it.....! She is SO dern MEAN so we have to have her contained with the baby so we can get our hands on it, the old owners said the last baby she had (8 years ago) she would LITERALLY try to kill them if they walked in the pasture.....BUT they were NOT treating her well or feeding her right either...:( so Im hoping she will be a little better with me....(also she lost her first baby from a drowning accident..so she has some drama in the past)...Im hoping this can be a new start for her !

What a poor girl!! I must've missed the pics on BHW. Will defiantly post some of ours when it's up! Can't wait. When are you gonna start your foal watches? I was thinking of starting mine tomorrow when she had exactly 4 weeks left...hmm. I just quit my full time job started a part time so I could be home more, the full time was tiring me out! Plus with the season starting, the baby coming, possibly a new horse (shhh) I've been busy at home too! I've been making a point to keep contact with Penny every day, brushing her, rubbing her belly, etc. to be sure she's ok with me near the baby.

yay! she's getting closer! can't wait to see the baby! I hope it has lots of chrome for you!!! HFV!!