danicaswanson

Eventing In Minnesota...what A Challenge

This is just to vent about the lack of eventing opportunities in Minnesota. There are only a couple barns, but all of them seem to be at least an hour away from the Twin Cities. The event selection is...well...less than satisfactory. I probably have the opportunity to go to 3, maybe 4 events a year because of this. Minnesota needs more eventing!

CSDEA is a great group to get involved with. I lived in that area from 1992-1997 and we did not have much to chose from. We actually traveled all the way to Illinois for some events. Otter Creek is nice in Wisco.

I'm over here in NW Iowa where there is almost no eventing, let alone English riding. If I want to go to a sanctioned event, I will have to haul 4 hours +.

Where are you in MN? I'm in Marcus, IA. We needed to band together and get some events and shows going in our area!

Tell me about it. It was very tough for a long time. I've since switched over to reining and western events.. But I remember the frustration of just trying to get to do ANYTHING.

~stars

pack up and move out here girls... MN winters suck... even the very best hay in MN, is considered "crap hay" out here.. and there is about every type of english and western competitions you could want with in a couple hours from here.. most being 7 minutes from my house.. :D

SHHHHHHH!!!! if we dont count the last two days, its been 35-65 every day for the past 3 months...

phoenix- are you under 21? if ya are, then pony club is always an option.. i had a BLAST in pony club when i was younger..