xcanchaserchicx

Adding Saddle Bag D's

My barrel saddle doesn't have D's in the back of the saddle so I can put my cantle saddle bags. There are conchos there though. Is there a way to add them so I can carry my bags? The bags also serve as my trusty trail chihuahua's moving 'resting stop', so as of now she can't come along. Any suggestions? I can get pictures of anything you guys need tonight if needed.

You could always go with a set of horn bags.

Can you post pics or describe what kind of conchos are on the back?

I really don't like horn bags because they are always in the way. The back conchos are silver. I thnk I have a picture. Let me go see.

You need these>>> http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/de...ture=Product_18

You unscrew the conchos and put these under it and rescrew the concho onto saddle.

You would need the ones with the longer flat peice so theres room for the Concho to go over it and still have the "D"stick out enough to use. ..(if that made sense) lol

A local tack shop may have some in whith all of the saddle hardware , clips, etc.

Edited by ryde2rope

My Bighorn saddle didn't have them either. I went to the local tack store. They had the D's on a metal strip. I think the strip was about 1" long, and had a hole in it. Then, I unscrewed the conchos, and added the D's. It works great!

Some tack stores have them... call and ask ..... if not online is easy. Is there a Tandycraft leather Store near you. Look at the link I sent for stores. You may be in luck.

Some tack stores have them... call and ask ..... if not online is easy. Is there a Tandycraft leather Store near you. Look at the link I sent for stores. You may be in luck.

I didn't see anything close to the Pasadena, CA area :( Cause heck it'd suck to have to buy a package of 10 with shipping when I only need two!

Edited by xcanchaserchicx

I was gonna say GO TO BROKENHORN!!!!! I went there all the time when I was in Ca. I sure miss that place. They will have some since they do saddle repair...

I was gonna say GO TO BROKENHORN!!!!! I went there all the time when I was in Ca. I sure miss that place. They will have some since they do saddle repair...

This place is I believe near BH. I will check there though, never thought about that. Then again, what doesn't BH carry?? They just started stocking limited horse shoeing supplies. I'm surprised they don't sell hay!