Boocoo

Dressage Chit Chat #27

After 807 posts on the last one and 27 pages, figured it was time for a new one.

Here are the last couple of posts of the old thread.

Sylves posted:

Checking in for pictures of Shiloh's wedding. Where are they? It's been a week, yeah? I suppose, she's probably on the honeymoon, lol!

Ah, work isn't so bad! I actually like the way this school year is going so far. Can't ask for better when we have ALL BRAND NEW computers in my computer lab/classroom!

CSA, what prompted you to find a new trainer? I know that your old trainer was having some health related challenges with her SO and that she wasn't too quick to return phone calls. Hope the best for that situation.

ESD, That sounds like a very cool plan- switching to the new trainer! Sounds like a great opportunity!!!

Smithereens, I love the picture of your new kittie! What a cutie!

Eventer, I also love your picture of you kissing Scotch on the nose!

I plan to ride Jag on Monday. Praying that he feels okay. I'm currently in Lincoln with the parents for the weekend, otherwise I think I'd be riding right now!

We took the Subaru in to the dealership in Lincoln this AM to have a leak checked out. It turns out that the two head gaskets are seaping, and we're going to have to have them replaced. Additionally, the Sub is getting enough miles on it that it's time to replace the timing belt. The mechanic gave us the okay to drive the Sub back home and have it worked on in Iowa where the rates are cheaper. Man, this can get rather expensive! We bought the vehicle for $6K last year with 70K some miles on it. This summer we put over a grand into repair work, and we're about to put in another 2 grand (I'll bet) into this month... This summer we paid half of what the vehicle was worth in repair work!

it's an '01 Forester.

Boocoo Posted:

Sylves, glad your year is starting out so well. My first week was not so bad either. Should be a good year. Are your students back already? Ours don't come back till Monday.

We had a severe thunderstorm blow through a couple of hours ago. I was in the barn trying to feed before the rain hit. I was looking out the door and heard a loud "CRACK" and watched the entire top 1/2 of a huge old Oak tree fall to the ground. I could have cried. I love my trees.

Took Beau to be shod this a.m. 3rd time she has done him now. We put trailers on the back to give him a little more ankle support, since he strained that left one so bad. He seemed to think it was all right! Didn't get to ride due to the storm, but will try him out tomorrow night.

Shiloh posted:

The honeymoon was officially over today. My hubby had to go back to work :*(

No pics yet though. My camera was not there, and no one else has emailed me pics. There are some tagged on my myspace page, and my MIL printed some for me, but nothing i can post. The photographer's pics should be here in a couple weeks or so though. I should be able to post a link to those.

I did ride both my guys today though. Lucy was good, even got some stretchy canter from her on the right lead. She's just lost so much strength from the bute she was on. Mir was decent, though I need to start riding him with the whip again. I did get some canter from him. I am currently working on getting him to pick up the left lead when we are going left, and I need to figure out how to get him to canter from the inside leg forward and outside leg back. He's just not really getting it. But at least he's not bucking anymore!

Boocoo, I hear ya about the trees. We have 5 big oaks, and I would cry is anything happened to them. They are all about 20 years old, so they are a good size and should have many years left.

Today I also started framing the gap between the shelters so we can finish off the roof. It's pretty difficult to do by myself though. I need another set of hands!

Tempi posted:

Eh. It was a trip. I enjoyed being with my family briefly, it just was busy.

Still playing catch up, got to ride though. Which makes me happy (but not the mare-- who believes her vacation was a permanent one).

We've also begun to pick up the savings for property. We already have a condo in town (where we live currently), but we really want land and I really want to bring my horse home and have a place to train and host things. The little guy can stay where he's at, he's in good hands for now.

Other than that... just playing catch up.

Beckham posted:

I have been a bad chatter! By the time I get done with homework I don't feel like typing anymore:-) So I just lurk! So I will try to catch up a little here!

Sylves-I hear ya on car repairs. Fortunately, I have a family friend that specializes in Honda's. How is Jag looking after his injections?

ES-Thanks! When do you try out the new trainer?

3Day-Back to class, huh? I am still finishing up Summer quarter, then won't start back until the end of fall. Did you get your browbands?

Smithereens-Poor Barn Kitty #1...

Tempi-Welcome back. Are you going to CDT next month?

Shiloh-Glad you are back to riding. It is hard to get back to real life after the honeymoon!

Boocoo-How old is Bobby now? Summer will be 4 months, so I can kind of gauge his size by hers:-)

KTM-Are you on vacation?

CSA-Good luck on the trainer hunt...aren't you in PA? What larger city are you near.

Things have been plugging along here. We had a hot buggy spell, and now it is downright chilly! I went on a nice trail ride with some friends yesterday and a friend is coming to ride Winston while I ride Beckham tonight. We had a short break from lessons, now we have to start back up this week prepping for the Sept show. He is doing great on his second level schooling and just needs more strength...that will come with time. That will be our last show for the year... I would like to come out doing 2-1 in the spring. I like fall, but really hate what is lurking around the corner!! I actually saw a store with Halloween stuff out. WAY too early!

Well, off to do Yoga...have a great week everyone!!

Boocoo posted:

Running out the door right now to get son school supplies. It's tax free weekend.

Real quick, Beckham, Bobby is 3 months and 3 weeks old today. Sounds like you are doing really well with your showing. I hope to come out 2nd level test one this spring also. Don't think I will do it this fall.

DH took pics of the downed Oak tree. I will post them tonight.

Here are some pictures of the Oak tree that came down in last nights storm. It was completely hollow inside!!!

002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003.jpg

My short son standing next to what is left of this tree. ha ha, he is 6'1"

010.jpg

Our Beagle next to the hollow log.

Edited by Boocoo

Tempi-Welcome back. Are you going to CDT next month?

Depends on the transportation situation. Right now, I'm without and unless I turn the pony into a bird or retrain to an endurance horse. That would be a negatron. :happy0203:

Are you going to the show in Louisville in November? Or the Meadow Lake Show in October?

Beck-I think the closest big city I am close to is Allentown. I am actually smack dab in the middle of nowhere. Makes me wish I never moved out of Bucks county. I know a few barn I like there but Hubbu doesn't like the drive.

Boocoo-Holy Cow is the only thing that comes to mind.

Tempi-Welcome back--Sjiloh-Back to the grind,eh?

Sylves-I have called and emailed a few times this past month with no response from her. No wait I lie. She wrote on facebbok asking when I wanted a lesson. I tried to contact her with no luck. She gets this way when she gets a lot of students. I have my own horse at a different barn. I have had enough of it.

Lomg day today. Went to work last night. Went to the barn and rode after work.Not a bad. Played around with the contact on walk trot transitions. Got home and had enough time for dinner and a quick shower. Than went and visited my grandmom. Had dinner with her and some family.No one can cook like grandmom. Picked up the trailer on the way home. I had lent it to the trainer for the season. She lost her truck. So since I was with my BIL who has a truck he picked up on the way home. So all connections with trainer is severed. So I am dead tired after no sleep for 24 hours. Thank goodness this is my vacation week. I am hopefully going to go look at a barn for lessons tomorrow.

CSA, I was in my barn getting ready to feed Beau when that storm hit. I heard that tree crack and then watched if fall down. Holy Cow is not exactly what I said! :happy0203: But close!!! Then I prayed no more of those giant trees were coming down. We have tons of them on our property. You can't even see the house from the road, or my arena, or any neighbors. I hope no more trees do that. But we have been so dry, its' kind of scary.

Hope you find a trainer soon. Glad you enjoyed some time with your grandmother.

Got the son in bed. Hope he can sleep. He hasn't gone to bed before 11 p.m all summer!! And he sure hasn't gotten up early all summer. First day of school tomorrow. It's going to be a crazy week.

Yesterday when I took Beau to the shoer, I asked her to put trailers on the back feet. She did, although she did not want to go too long. So I rode him tonight and oh my gosh!!!!!!!! He was incredible. My leg yields were so incredibly forward I had to really concentrate to keep up with Beau. It's been so long since he felt like that! So yeah, hoping that will do the trick and his feet are looking better and better.

Boocoo, I am so glad Beau is doing better with his current shoeing package! Some people really hate the NB shoes, but for horses with long toes and crushed heels they make sense to me.

Lucy and Mir both got haircuts today. Mir has a bridle path again, and Lucy's mane is no longer super long in front and by her withers. I need to trim their feet tomorrow or so.

I rode them both today, and Mir was very nice. His canter is just so much fun! I'm still not sitting it though. Lucy was pretty nice, though a bit funny in that right canter again. Nothing like it was before though. She just kept wanting to die back to a trot in one specific spot, like she could make one half of the circle just fine but the other half just just soooooo difficult. Of course I kept having to remind myself to ride the right like I do the left. I tend to sit heavier on my right seatbone, so I'm not letting her back come up under me in the right bend.

Also came home today from buying a new dishwasher to find my gate opened. Thankfully Lucy was the only one up front, and she was certainly not leaving the grass to go exploring. Figured out later that the little girl next door has been coming over because her mom won't play with her (among other things). She had spent some time here in the past when her mom left her with family for several months, but now that mommy is back I'm not going to be the free babysitter. But I guess mommy told her to leave her alone, so she came over to see if I would play with her, walking right past my one sane horse and then leaving the gate opened on her way out! Thankfully the little horses were in the back, or the kid might have been squashed by curious ponies who want treats, or wandered out into the street to explore.

Any suggestions on what kind of child-proof latch I should put on the gate? Right now it has a snap and chain, but the kiddo can unclip it and then just never clips it back I guess. Its a wood post and a standard pipe gate. I don't want to put a spring on it to self-close though because I need to be able to get the lawnmower thru it, plus I want to keep the kid OUT of the yard with the horses. The liability sign doesn't do me much good around stupid people who let their kids wander.

CSA- I will be talking to the the lady today and will get her number for you. Sorry about your old trainer though...it is a bummer

Beckham- Yesssss. Back to classes today. UGH. So not looking forward to it. Didn't order a browband yet...there are 2 I really like. I can't make up my mind!

Sylves- Hopefully Jag is feeling much better after his hock injections! :)

Boocoo- wowzers! That is a big tree!!

Shiloh, I think the NB shoes are just what the Dr. ordered for Beau. She has done him 3 times now and I am finally seeing some good changes. I do like the trailers on the back however, that has made a huge difference with him being able to push off from behind.

Sounds like you may just have to put a lock and chain on the gate. Get a combination lock, then you won't have to always remeber a key. You sure as heck don't need the kid getting hurt, or a horse getting out and onto the road and hit by a car or some other awful thing.

3day, how much longer till you graduate? You have got to be almost there, eh? Hang in there.

We ended up buying a HUGE bull snap that is a bit difficult to use, and a tie ring that screws onto the pole. I'm going to put the tie ring on top of the pole too, so she won't be able to reach it and manage to unclip the bull snap. It fits pretty tightly in there. We are also going to have to chicken wire the gate so she can't climb thru it.

Also found out this morning that she left the gate to the dog yard opened yesterday as well.

I like this kid, but I am not a free babysitter for her lazy mom, nor am I going to allow her or my horses to get hurt by her wandering over here by herself.

Oh my gosh Boocoo, that is one big tree! I would be sad to see it fall, too. What would have hollowed it out like that? Crazy! Way to go on the new shoes! Woot!!!

Shiloh - Poor little kid. She seriously needs some good, loving parenting.

CSA - What a bummer about the trainer situation. 24 hours w/o sleep??? Ouch? have a nivce, long nap!! tee hee, and hopefully that lesson barn is good.

Sylves - Did you ride Jag today? How's he feeling???? That's awesome that you have all new computers in your classroom!

3Day - Going back to class after the summer is tough! Hang in there. Looking back, I loved college and all of the classes (for the most part, lol) but at the time I didn't realize how cool it was. Oh well? hope it's a good year for you!

SOOOOO, my lesson with the new trainer is tomorrow. I'm really excited and honestly a bit nervous. I shouldn't really be nervous, because she's seen me ride tons of times, but she's never actually been watching/teaching me. I've just been "there" while she's teaching other people or schooling horses. Oh well, I'll let you all know how it goes!!!!

Edited by e.s.dressage

ES-How did your lesson go? I like having a trainer open to me getting a lesson from another trainer. Sometimes it takes a slightly different approach to get something to stick in my brain.

shilooh-Good luck with the kid.Some people just shouldn't have kids.

Boocoo-It sounds like you have found a great farrier. They are worth their weight in gold.

3Day-I hope you are surviving school.

So I took my niece and cousin over to ride today. Cheese is so good with the little ones.My sister want her daughter to do the barrel racing stuff. However my niece kept asking to do the "jumps",two rails on the ground. I get on and Cheese was like "lets go". I schooled some lead changes and did some walk work. The fact Cheese did a nice slow on the bit walk after the exciting work is fantastic. It didn't take no hour either. So yay. Suppose to go for a trail ride Thursday. I am kind of excited. It is with a friend that I really don't get to ride with anymore.

E.S. it is probably hollow because we have been in a drought for so long that the trees are literally dying! It's very sad. I have way to many to water them all. Let us know your lesson went. I have one with a new trainer on the 5th!

CSA, yes good farriers are hard to find. It only took me over two years to find this one!! I am for a trail ride. It's been a while, since Beau got hurt.

Shiloh, hope the bull snap works and putting up it up high is a good idea.

Beckham, are you listening to the voices in your head?! [Crazy]

Boocoo- Well I will be one of THOSE students that takes forever and a day as I just kept switching majors. I could graduate in May w/ my Business degree but instead I decided to stay longer to complete my Accounting degree. I figured I might as well as the market for jobs is extremely fierce and there are NO jobs out there. So I'll finish my Bus degree and work on my Accounting degree. Hope to graduate in May 2011. So about a 1 1/2years. Depending on if I decide to take courses during the summer I could graduate Dec. 2010. So we'll see how it plays out.

ES- Oh yes...I did take Calculus over the summer. So I had a very small break then back to school. Bah! I'm getting anxious...as I'm an "older" student in college years. I'll be 24 and most graduate 21...haha. But I do take into consideration I took almost 2 years off b/t HS and college. OH new trainer? How did you lesson go?

csa- Excellent! That is great that she was a good girl after doing the "jumps" heheh. Sounds like Thursday will be fun!

First day of school wasn't too bad. I had a Project Management w/ one of my favorite professors and then I had a Negotiations Class....ugh. This Class is going to be a lot of work!!! I will have a very busy semester. Not to mention a horse I started last summer is back in the area and the owner wants me to school/show her. Hmmmm so I'm still mulling over it. Not sure if I will have much time. And I want her to move her to a different facility. BADLY! It doesn't even have to be at my barn as it is costly. But somewhere that they actually turn the horses out and I have a ring to school her in. So we shall see how it turns out. Alright off to classes and then to my longe lesson! Ponyboy got the day off....by the time I was motivated to ride I wouldnt have enough time to get out there and ride. haha.

c.s.a. - Cheese sounds happy! Horses are so wonderful with kids, especially the horses with great hearts :) That's great that Cheese could go right from excited playing with the kids to getting on the bit for you.

Beckham - Must have been the internet goblins taking down your post, lol

Boocoo - That's sad about the trees dying from the drought. Hope you get some good, drenching rain for them soon!

3Day - Hmmm, in your shoes I would probably concentrate on my own school and pony than add in a friend's horse too, just because I know that in college I had just enough time for my school and horse, let alone an extra horse to work with! But I'm sure you'll be able to feel out how much you can take on. Opportunities are fun, just got to know which ones to take! :)

What an absolutely awesome lesson I had today! I adore the trainer I've been working with and she's taught us so much, but an hour with an FEI trainer (she holds an International Trainer's Passport - Level 3 and was short listed for the 1980 Dutch Olympic Team) is pretty phenomenal. In the lesson she was very much about feel and I guess she's watched me ride more than I thought, because she came already knowing a lot of what she wanted us to work on. Wow, I learned so much and she said next lesson she's going to get on and ride Echo, which I can't wait to see! The only bummer is that I'm going to be traveling for the next three days so the "feel" I had in the lesson will be a bit removed when I get to ride again on Saturday. But, Echo worked so hard today (she was drenched in sweat by the end!!!) that she probably deserves a little R&R :smilie:

Edited by e.s.dressage

ES, thats fantastic! What did you work on?

Boocoo, my in-laws have been losing trees this year too. When they fall they are hollow just like yours was. I have one in the front that is looking less than stellar, so I'm afraid it's going to fall sooner or later.

Lucy and Mir had yesterday off. If I'm feeling more energetic later when it cools off, I'll go get on Lucy. At the very least I could ride in the middle yard and front yard once it gets dark. A bit of work on an incline surely wouldn't hurt her :)

shiloh - I know what you mean about not feeling energetic and motivate in the heat. When it gets so hot, I seriously think about the whole siesta thing ~ doesn't sound half bad! Today we worked a lot on me getting more of an elastic, sensitive, even feel on the reins so that my cues can be very slight, rather than feeling like I have to make big changes to correct or cue her. That, and bringing Echo really through, forward and straight whether on the straightaways or bent in circles, changes of direction, etc. We also worked on transitioning *forward* in downward transitions and not losing any energy or allowing her to fall on her forehand, while also keeping the upward transitions just as forward without losing the contact and feel. Everything was to feel this consistent connection and energy. My canter work is not fab, so we also worked on me getting a feel for how to get her forward in the canter while keeping her on the aids, round and balanced. We're still really getting the basics down, so that was all huge for us and Echo felt amazing. :smilie:

3day, you have to do what works for you and if it takes you that long to graduate, who cares? You'll be that age in two more years anyway, might as well have a degree to show for it.

ES, sounds like a marvelous lesson. Glad it was so productive for you.

Shiloh, it is such a bummer about the trees. We have quite a few dead ones we really need to take down and get the stumps out.

The breeder I bought my colt from sent me some new pics today. So he is 3 months and 3 week sold in these pics. Looks to be past the molting stage now. In the 2nd one, he is the one on the left. The one on the right is the other one we looked at and they are not at all related. Different sires and obviously different dams. Now you can see why it was so hard to make a choice between the two. Honestly, if I could, I'd take them both!

bobbymcgee3.jpg

bobbymcgee2.jpg

Edited by Boocoo

Boocoo, I love the photos! What a pretty foal! I've never seen a hollow tree like that! Let's hope there aren't too many more that are also hollow! Is there any risk of one of those trees crashing through the side of your house? We have a huge, lovely tree that towers over our roof- too close for comfort. When we build our new house (or move an newer house on our land), and when we destroy our current house, we're hoping we don't kill the tree. It's just the perfect tree. I can picture a tree house on the large, low hanging branch that's level with the ground. I'm glad that you've finally found a farrier! I think Jag would benefit from some trailers too to help stabilize his hocks (he twists them funny when he walks). I'm still kind of on the look out for a trust worthy farrier who could work with Jag when Chad gets too busy to trim...

Beck, it sounds like the semester has started up again, and you're probably already buried in work! Totally understable. When do you plan to graduate?

Eventer, Does your friend's horse jump? Do eventing? Maybe if Scotch is struggling with his hocks, riding your friend's horse isn't the worst idea. But, as another suggested, you're better off not to over do it. Chad is "over doing it" and now he's physically ill because of it.

ESD, I'm so excited for you!!!! I would give almost anything to be able to have that kind of opportunity with such a qualified trainer! I love the fact that she's having you work on fundimentals!!! It'll make the higher level work much easier for both X and you!!!

Dobby, I had read about how you had some issues with a family friend on Facebook. I didn't comment, but I did give it some thought (been kind a busy lately). At any rate, I suggest removing the friend. Heck, I removed my own MIL when she tried correcting something I had written on my wall. MIL and I still are cool with each other, but for goodness sakes, I will not have her correcting me on FB. Are you all settled in at your college? How do you like your roommate? How are things going for ya?

CSA, Good for you for moving on with the trainer. I know that you've been struggling with the communication aspect of the relationship. I'm convinced that you'll find a good trainer who will work with your vision challenges. Sounds like fun when you gave pony rides on Cheese :-) I love giving pony rides on Jade and Jag!

I hopped on Jag last night- jump saddle and jeans, so I wasn't fully committed- and the twerp threatened to rear up. Hind legs went under his body and his front legs slightly left the ground about every other step. ..... ..... So I got off because I'm just not willing to risk coming off. I lunged him because I didn't want him to think that rearing is a way to get out of work. I didn't want to lunge, but I just couldn't let him get away with the behavior. I hope to try him out tonight again. This time I'll commit a little better- dressage saddle and breeches and half chaps... That is, only if Chad can watch Shannon so that I can ride. Chad will work late tonight...

I'm enjoying Wednesday day off. I love having my Wednesdays off.

Edited by Sylves

Sylves, you said his hocks twist. Pick up that hind foot and sight down the cannon bone to the heels. Are the hind heels even? Is the inside heel maybe longer? That can be a cause of twisting the hind leg, and if you lower the inside heel to be even with the outside, many times the twisting will go away.

Boo-You are right, the voices I hear! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So, when you pick up Bobby, will pick up his friend for me??? Too darn cute!

3day-I forgot what I had typed up before...hahaha!

Sylves-Sounds like his butt is ready to work! Be careful! I am still on Summer quarter...fall starts on 9/23.

Shiloh-I padlock my far gates...too many weirdos around. You may just have to lock it.

ES-I am glad you enjoyed your lesson...time for more video!

Tempi-I am done for the year after CDT. I too live in a condo. Our farm is three miles away. Someday we will live there as well.

I am just plugging away...finals start next week. It is a little warm, but soon to cool off. I have a lesson in the am and them hope to trail ride a little this weekend. We went on a great one last Saturday. Ahg, I really need to finish up some homework...

I'M BACKKKK.

We had a great time. The condo was amazing and the resort had a 4000g pool with slides and a pump that created waves and an outdoor bar, etc. We swam and swam and swam, played some tennis, went to Wet n Wild, Universal, Islands of Adventure, etc.

Oh and let me tell you about Wet n Wild - Ive never been to a waterpark before. The first slide the guys lead me to is the "Bomb Bay". Ok no biggie. Its tall. It drops almost straight down. You stand in a small capsule and wait for the floor to drop out from under you. Wait! The floor does WHAT??

Yeh... it was crazy. I dont mind the height or the slide or anything. But the fact that you stand in the tiny capsule and know that at any moment the guy is going to press the button and the floor will disappear and you drop straight down.... oy.

Heres a pic of the capsule -

bombbayslide.jpg

Whoa nelly is all I can say. I had a front and back wedgie after that one.

Then we did the one that spits you out of the slide into a big circular bowl thing and you are "flushed" down like a toilet. And then a slide with a mat where you race (btw I beat both of the boys).

We went down to Downtown Disney and ate at the Rainforest Cafe and took some pics...

Me and Randy in front of the T Rex

IMG_9459a.jpg

Randy, me, and our friend Scott in the Disney store - I set the camera on timer and set it on the shelf to get this pic

IMG_9470a.jpg

Me and Randy getting ready to head down to City Walk at Universal to get our drink on

IMG_9472a.jpg

Randy, me, and Scott before our night of drinking and clubbing

IMG_9476a.jpg

I got a nice (even) tan and my farmers/riders tan is almost gone. yay.

It was a lot of fun and so great to relax. I really needed it.

But I was very happy to get home to my animals. My stinky butt (Patches the cat) and the Germans (Toby and Hope the dogs) and of course my ponays.

BTW I lunged Layla to get her out to stretch and see how she was moving after getting her hocks done last Tuesday. BOY was the mare feeling good. She was trotting her butt off. She def is feeling mucho better.

Plus, Rex is now allowed to have the bandage off of his wound and I can just hose it and place SWAT on it. The hole is all filled in with tissue, now it just needs skin. The tissue is bright, pink, and very healthy. Im excited about how quickly it is healing.

Oh and they got the histology back today - it is habronema.

Read about that here: (her horse has it on his fetlock)

http://calypsofarmeventers.com/tuckers_blog

and here:

http://vetmed.illinois.edu/petcolumns/showarticle.cfm?id=466

Basically its caused from fly larvae. Luckily, in the biopsy, there were no parasites. I told the vet that I had double dosed with Ivermectin 2 weeks ago and she feels that really helped it out and that is why there were no parasites in the biopsy.

So basically I have to worm him once a week for 4 weeks with Ivermectin and then place a mixture of ivermectin and a steroid creme to the area.

I am going riding in the AM with Jill. Im excited - its been almost a month since Ive ridden Layla!

I have been reading the boards while on vaca but the connection kept bumping me so I couldnt really post.

Anyways, thats all. [Jump]

Shantel, I'm glad you had fun! The hubby has told me about that slide at WnW before, and no way would you ever get me on that thing! Glad to hear Layla and Rex are feeling better.

So my big dog has a UTI we think. She's been leaking pee, and I've cleaned up several pee spots (including two on the bed...bad doggie). We will take her to the vet tomorrow if we can, between the hubby's dentist appt and having a new dishwasher installed (dishwasher stopped reliably spitting out the water to wash the dishes).

Rode Lucy tonight and she was very nice. Her right lead canter was pretty good, nice and fluid. She's been not really wanting to go forward and round in the canter as much, but she will still RUN if I let her. Goofy pony. But she did give me some nice round right canter, and I tried to work on more of a working canter on the left instead of letting her get all balled up in the collected canter she likes so much. I'm planning to take her to a schooling show and do first 3 and 4 in about a month, so she needs to get a bit more strength still. And I need to get used to riding her in a dressage arena again too instead of in the big open field (I tend to let my boarder have the arena, so I guess I need to work her out there one day when the boarder isn't coming out.

Thanks Sylves, yes he is quite a lovely boy and he just keeps getting better. I can't believe he's just 3.5 months old in those photos!! Sounds like Jag is quite ready to go back to work, the spunky thing!!

Beckham, you go ahead and send me the check and I will gladly pick up Bobby's buddy and bring him home with me, for you of course! :tongue9: Best of luck on your final next week.

It is trying to storm here. Don't think we'll get much rain here though. Seems to all be to the east.

Fun pics Shantel!!! So glad you got the break you deserved! Ha, I'm not up for those straight down slides; the wedgies are unbearable. One time down one of those slides was enough for me for a lifetime, lol! You're a party animal. It's been forever and year since I've been clubbing and drinking!

Shiloh, That's very sad about the little girl. She probably looks up to you. I hope the new set up you have keeps everyone safer. There's nothing good about the little girl roaming around inside the horse's pasture. It's not a question about if, but WHEN someone is going to get hurt, and chances are, her mother is going to be less than forgiving.

I didn't even have a chance at riding today. Chad came home sick. He's feeling awful- was diagnosed with a UTI. He has the chills, high fever (even with IBprofin), discomfort, loss of appitite, and the meds are giving him a run for his money. He had a CT scan last year for a UTI that came up twice in the Fall. The results showed nothing... At any rate, Jag is just going to have to continue his little vacation. I turned him out for the day with Jade- it was a cool 70 degrees with a nice breeze and over cast skies. Perfect for ponies!

Shantel-Looks like a cood time.I have to agree with Sylves on the whole clubbing/drinking thing. I am getting to old for that stuff.

Boocoo-I love the pic. They look like two peas in a pod. Where their personalities similar?

shiloh-Why can't you and your boarder share the ring?

Sylves-That sucks not being able to ride. I can't wait to have that nice cool fall wether. Another month or so. I am sure Jag is enjoying his vacation.

Well vacation is halfway done. I dread going pack to work

Oh well need to make money to pay for the horse stuff. Taking Cheese on a trail ride today. Than Hubbby and are going to my grandmom's house for dinner. Friday is breakfast with some friends. Hubby is going over to his brother's place to hang out. So I will have the house to myself. Well there is always the kitten. Man is he a little bugger. I can't wait until he settles down a bit.

Shiloh, the show sounds fun. I am opting not to show till Nov. now. It will be a schooling show also, but it's a formal one with an S judge. So will braid and wear jackets and all that fun stuff.

CSA, the two colts were really quite different. The other colt was a lot more independent and actually has more presence when you first see him. Beautiful colt. I chose Bobby, because he is more dependent and that tends to carry over to being more obedient when you ride them, also he does have slightly better conformation and I like his sire better. However, if Bobby were sold and the other colt was my only choice, I liked him well enough that I would have bought him! I know what you mean about going back to work. I just had 10 weeks off and I am really having a hard time getting up at 5:30 a.m. when I am used to sleeping till at least 8 or 9!!! The problem is, I stay up just as late as when I could sleep later. :tongue9:

We could share the ring, but the ring is just a couple RR ties marking out the general shape of a ring, and I have felt a bit claustrophobic in there with another horse. I dunno, its just hard for me to ride in there, especially with my lack of perception of speed and distance. I'm afraid I'm going to run into her!

Boocoo, he is just adorable. Any idea how big he is right now? Its amazing to me that he has the exact same coloring and facial markings as Annie does. You'll have fun with him. I love raising my own baby :)

Hopefully once the dishwasher guy is done installing this new thing, I will be able to ride. The weather is certainly decent.

I'm looking forward to our schooling show on Sunday. Fessor and I have a lesson tonight. I will either give him tomorrow off or take him into the park (depends on if it drys out a bit after rain yesterday and today). We are going to the show grounds on Saturday. The competition arenas will be open for schooling from noon - 5:00. So we'll go and settle Fessor into his stall, then tack up and ride. He'll spend the night at the show grounds. Depending on our ride time, I'll either braid him Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. I'll take the video camera, so hopefully I will have recordings of our tests to upload on Sunday evening. I don't know if anyone will have a digital camera or not to get still photos. I hope so!

In the meantime, I'm trying to get a reasonable amount of sleep. I seem to be having some TMJ issues -- it is hard to sleep when the entire left side of my face is throbbing! If I thought a doc could help, I'd find a walk in clinic. Hmmmm, maybe I'll still find a clinic.

Tracy

Shiloh, I don't know how tall he is right now, but they guestimate him to mature at around 16.3! His sire is 16.3 and his dam is 17 hands.

I didn't realize you had a boarder. Can you ride when she isn't there? I always thought a dressage arena was definitely built for one! That's probably why I do better having my horses at home vs. boarding!!!

Edited by Boocoo