Sign in to follow this  
Buck-Appaloosa

Buffalo Saddles

I was wondering if anyone on here owns a Buffalo saddle and if they are good quality saddles? I'm looking at several brands, but don't know much about this brand. Any comments are appreciated.

like Buffalo leather?

If thats what you mean I had a Dressage saddle that was a HDR made with Buffalo leather. LOVED the leather Hated the style of the saddle..

My wife had a 20" custom Buffalo western saddle. She got it expecting to have our grandkids up there with her. After her horse had a bucking fit and she had a hard time keeping her seat in all that "expanse", she decided to sell it and get something that fit her. It was a real good saddle, just too darn big at 20".

Also it was darned heavy too and about all she could do to set it up on her 15.5hh horse

Edited by Willy McCoy

i have a roping buffalo saddlery saddle. its very nice. i love it. it holds up very nice. i have been trying to sell mine but people arnt buying right now. i have put it in the valley trader a few times. my cousin gave me her one saddle that was a little to big for her so now i use that one. also my horse has a very wide back so it pinched her shoulders a little. but i got a different pad that helped but the one my cousin gave me was wider so i use that one now.

I had a low-end one (my first saddle btw) and I HATED it. The nails in the front (right over the withers) BACKED OUT the 3rd time it was ridden in. I was wondering what the heck put such a welt on my horse and looked at the pad nothing looked at the saddle OMG!! Since it was the only one I had my bf replaced the nails with similar diameter screws and that held but I traded it back to the dealer several months later bc I figured out it didn't fit my horse very well. Needless to say I've taught myself a lot about saddle fit since then.

Oh and I went in the local tack store that does consignment and guess what I saw? The SAME EXACT saddle, screws and all! I told the lady about it (since it had a tag on it saying "new" and it was new when I bought it *ahem* 2 years ago!) but I walked in there about 2 weeks later and it was gone so I hope someone bought it to decorate their tack room!

LSS I don't have a good relationship with Buffalo but if you find one that you like check it out thoroughly and go for it! (PS don't buy one that retails for less than $500 its cheap crap)

Kristina,

You want a saddle that weighs 40 lbs. ???

There are better saddles out there that are lighter weight.

As far as the Buffalo Saddle Co. :

The ones I've seen are ok but I wouldn't call them high quality.

I got one. Not too much of a fan of it. Works for what I'm using it for, which is to ride in once every few weeks for an hour or so.

17" 2009 Antares Saddle BRAND NEW!! FULL BUFFALO is nice one..

When I got this saddle out of the box I was in LOVE. The leather is scrumptious! SOO soft and grippy and deep dark rich color. You will not be disappointed. This saddle is in a size that would fit A LOT of ridders. The panels are the size that professionals order as they fit so many horses. I have a ridiculously long thigh and felt the flap was just not quite forward enough for my leg. My loss is your gain. This saddle is NEW. I have sat in it for long enough to see my leg would not work and that is it!! It has not been oiled yet. This is a fabulous opportunity to get a rocking deal!