Sign in to follow this  
JuniperZ

Moorlands Totilas

Edward Gal and Moorlands Totilas:

New world record, 90.7% at the World European Championships in Windsor Grand Prix Freestyle. What an amazing horse!

I know! I just watched them on Tv this morning and was absolutely breathless!

Also searched for a video of it to put on my Facebook but wasn't successful, so you've helped me there, Thanks!!

Hate to be the party pooper, but he reminds me of a big lick TWH. Not saying his movement is necessarily fake, as the good big-lick horses can do it naturally without soring, but I just don't care for it.

I watched some of the other ones as well and they were all amazing, but Edward Gal by far had the best ride. Truly a beautiful ride.

Shiloh- many people don't, so you are no pooper. :) He's routinely slammed on COTH.

But I am no Brentina fan (shh, I thought she moved and looked like a cow)- they are so many types that people love and don't!

I was not a huge huge fan of Brentina either, just because to me she looked like an overstuffed sausage on tiny legs. What I did like was how she moved like an average horse, yet competed at the top levels for several years.

Ravel is more my style.

I was not a huge huge fan of Brentina either, just because to me she looked like an overstuffed sausage on tiny legs. What I did like was how she moved like an average horse, yet competed at the top levels for several years.

Ravel is more my style.

Hehe, I had that same thought about Brentina!

Ravel is a genuine battle charger!

Im on the fence about Totilas. I think all P's are amazing but at times the extreme front end movement seems... strange.

I never did like Brentina either. Glad Im not alone in that.

Though I do LOVE Ravel. Hes amazing.

Oh and Balagur! I WANT!

I m glad I am not the only one that didn't like Brentina. She always looked like a big fat broodmare.

This horse does have extravagant movement, but what can I say, I love it:-) I am a sucker for flashy!

I love Ravel (and Steffan) as well!

Brentina was all right, but definitely not one of my favorites either, but I always wondered what she would look like with a taller rider on her? My colt's sire is her 1/2 brother, but he is nothing like her. He is quite lovely and a beautiful mover. Guess the different dams helped out with that! :winking:

I too, love Ravel. He is my current favorite Olympic level horse and I also like Totilas. I don't think he looks anything like a TWH or Saddlebred. Those are definitely not my favorite breeds. I don't like their movement and don't care for the high neck carriage or the gaited breeds. Totilas just looks like a very exravagent moving WB to me and I think he is stunning. I don't think all dressage horses should move like that and doubt there are many that could, but his movement suits him and he is lovely!

Gotta say, I find it really funny to see the Anky bashers falling over themselves for Gal. They use the same training methods..

The horse is cool. Not my style, but I can see why people like him. However I cannot support the fanatacism surrounding him, thanks to the use of (IMO) abusive training practices.

Yeah, he does use some rollkur. I dug up some training videos of him from a couple years ago, and he was riding pretty deep. Not as bad as the pics you see of Anky, but still past that line of nose on the vertical. I dunno why the nose behind the vertical is so rewarded these days. I've yet to see any of the really good books by the masters give any argument FOR riding with the nose behind the vertical, aside from some very brief work at a minor degree, and with the neck more stretched.

Who knows. I always thought dressage was supposed to be about the training, not about how high the horse could lift his legs in the front.

I like his flashy front end movement, but it's really too bad he doesn't have fancy hind end movement whatsoever.

Gotta say, I find it really funny to see the Anky bashers falling over themselves for Gal. They use the same training methods..

The horse is cool. Not my style, but I can see why people like him. However I cannot support the fanatacism surrounding him, thanks to the use of (IMO) abusive training practices.

Definitely. I think people tend to focus in on Anky as being THE rollkur person while forgetting that there are other riders that employ the exact same techniques as well. Just how "natural" is this horse's movement and how much is a by product of the rollkur?

~Shelly~

have to agree with shiloh, and i don't see that horse tracking up at all.

judges started rewarding that flashy stepping out with the front legs and more or less ignoring what the engine was doing gradually after klimke died. look at photos of his horses and horses today, and you decide what looks healthier and more like the FEI definition of dressage. i also wish somebody would remind the judges what the definition is as well, but they have to reward what the public likes, because the sponsors need the public.

I wouldn't kick him out of the barn?

Lol, I am impressed with him, and Ravel, and Brentina? I can appreciate a lot of different horses, whether or not they have precisely my favorite qualities.

Am I the only one with a problem with his great score and not so great pirouettes? In both of his right pirouettes he not only traveled way too much with the hind, but they were both seven strides> I also swear he missed behind on one of his one's. Then again at is late and I may be seeing things.

Not to take away from an amazing animal. Just calling it as I see it.

Am I the only one with a problem with his great score and not so great pirouettes? In both of his right pirouettes he not only traveled way too much with the hind, but they were both seven strides> I also swear he missed behind on one of his one's. Then again at is late and I may be seeing things.

Not to take away from an amazing animal. Just calling it as I see it.

Nope, you are certainly not the only one to notice.

Kind of like the horse that threw a fit and almost jumped backward out of the ring, and was awarded with an Olympic medal.

Or the horse that doesn't halt.

Doesn't seem to matter when your horse moves like a "10".

(These are the mistakes an AA would be slaughtered for at local shows!)