Sign in to follow this  
DaiziCrazi321a

Loudoun Horse Trials Results

So about two weeks ago i competed at the Loudoun Horse trials at novice! Lili was awesome, it was her first event back from some laminitis issues over the summer. Our dressage was decent, nothing too bad, nothing great but i know we could do better. The judge scored us a lot better than we deserved i think, so we got a 34.7. The next day was sj and xc and it went really well! the stadium course was pretty windy, so considering i have history in forgetting my courses, i was just happy if i could remember all the jumps! :) but Lili was a star and jumped clean! The xc course was SO much fun, pretty long though. Since her fitness wasn't really where i needed it to be, i wanted to keep her energy for the jumping efforts. So she jumped clean but we racked up 6 time penalties, which wasn't too bad considering her fitness level. I know if i were able to push her we would have made time.

All in all it was pretty successful! We placed 8th overall out of 12 i think. It was a great event and i'd definitely want to compete there again.

here are some pictures!

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage....mp;g=0EBK00AL0A

[smiley Wavey]

Good job Lex!!

The Stadium course was a bit loopy, wasn't it? I was just so glad to see that they were having it on the same side of the road as cross country this year. There is talk of doing a one day format next year, which I think would be quite nice.