Debsnitz

Ever Think You Are Just Jinxed?

Sorry to hear that Mystic isn't doing good this morning but glad you decided to haul her into the vets. Hope you hear something soon and they can get her taken care of quickly. [Angel] [Huggy]

Vet just called. She has aspiration pneumonia. They think that she had a choke problem that cleared itself but in the process, she aspirated.

They tubed her just to make sure there is not still a blockage. White cell count is elevated and they are going to start her on intravenous antibiotics. She has no gut sounds, which I knew this morning, and is running a fever. They have given her electrolytes and are going to give her about 2 hours to see if she will drink on her own. If not, then she will be getting fluids by IV.

I made the right call, this morning. They don't think she would have made it till this afternoon without colicing. If all goes well, she will be out of the clinic by Friday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Fingers, toes and eyelashes crossed! I hope she's feeling right as rain again before you know it! Of course you made the right call. No surprise there!

Poor thing but it's darn good that you got her in when you did!!!!

Glad they figured her out right away and is staying where she can be closely watched/doctored, etc....

But sorry this all had to happen...

Yo're a good horsey momma though. [Angel] [Huggy] [Angel] [Huggy]

Prayers for a quick recovery.

Poor little girl! Here's wishing a speedy and less costly recovery!

Golly poor girl that sounds serious!

So happy you acted on your suspicion & caught it early.

[Angel] for Mystyc

And [Huggy] for you.

[Huggy] Glad to hear she is being taken care of! You poor thing! Last thing you needed but glad you caught it in time!Good job mama! [Huggy]

Not surprising that you made the right call....now we'll pray that Mystic gets better real soon and all will settle down for you there girl. Sometimes when it rains.....it pours!! You've had more then your share here lately. [Angel] [Angel] [Huggy] [Huggy]

Having met Mystyc when she was at Driftin's, it doubly pains me to hear she's sick. Glad you were observant enough to spot the signs of distress and get her to the vet on time. So many owners might have missed it. I'm praying she'll recover quickly with no lasting ill effects. [Angel]

That's so sad about 43. I know how much you liked taking him on trail rides. Now I may never get to meet him, too. I'm adding him to my prayers. [Angel]

And this is for you. [Huggy]

Lots of recovery vibes coming from me. I'm glad it wasn't virulent but it's pretty wild that she got that bad basically over night.

I hope you're vet is reasonable. Staying at the clinic till Friday would be soooo much money down here!

I hope you're vet is reasonable. Staying at the clinic till Friday would be soooo much money down here!

My vet pretty much is "down here". I use Golden Animal. I'm stopping there on my way home tonight to discuss what the monetary shock is going to be.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I am glad everything was diagnosed quickly and she is being seen. You made the right decision. :huggy: So sorry your plate is so full right now.

The vet just called. Everyone pray for poop. She has been on IV fluids for 3 1/2 hours now and no urine and no poop. Her bladder in enlarged and her intestines are impacted. If she doesn't do something soon, we are going to have to discuss other methods.

My vet pretty much is "down here". I use Golden Animal. I'm stopping there on my way home tonight to discuss what the monetary shock is going to be.

OH but I love Golden. It's my favorite clinic. Good luck. They are usually a little more reasonable than some of the other places.

eta: Read the rest. I just can't believe that she's going through this all the sudden.

Edited by mrs

Gosh lady. I'm so sorry. I was reading this and was relieved that everything looked as if were going to be normal. I hate to see that last post. I hope she poops soon.

Jake (my TB) had something similar happen before TWICE. He would just hack up a ton of slimy snot out of his mouth and nose. It was awful. He'd get all sweaty and not eat. Lay down. Get up... more snot. He would wrench his neck out and you could see the trouble he had swallowing. The thing is, it would only last a couple hours and he'd be fine.

DANGIT, Mystic! POOP already!

Praying for mounds and mounds of lovely poop! PLEASE Mystic, you're worrying your mother to death! Please poop and start getting better, please????

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel]