Sign in to follow this  
event_ryder

Event Season Photo Recap...

THis board is pretty dead right now! ANyhow, with the event season drawing to an end (for us anyways...) Thought it would be fun if everyone posted some of their favorite/memorable photos from this season, doesn't have to be of you actually in the ring either :)

IMG_5032.jpg

I wish I could find the dressage photos from earlier this year- but immense improvement for us in the dressage phase- totally different horse (and rider!)

Untitled-61.jpg

IMG_5127-1.jpg

Still not sure how this happened... but I landed on my feet on the other side of the jump and got complimented by the jump judge for my landing skills.

Untitled-112.jpg

Moment earlier this would have been a great photo.

Untitled-38.jpg

Showed my friends young horse all season so that next year he'll be ready for her.

Untitled-50.jpgIMG_0171.jpg

(H/J friends on first XC course walk- "You JUMPED this? Are you $%*& insane?!?")

Untitled-64.jpg

My girl deciding that the XC course would be much better suited for grazing

IMG_0319.jpg

Just because I like this photo.

Lets see what everyone else has got :)

Lovely pictures!!

He have a really dark liver chestnut paint at the barn that looks almost identical to yours!

I never have anyone to take pictures of us ever!

So, here it goes!

KYC09.jpg

KYC09b.jpg

4881_1167551395367_1425412869_30456.jpg

4881_1167552755401_1425412869_30456.jpg

Mickey and I are getting ready to do a T3D in 1 week! and I am beyond excited!

This is Bloomer. She's a little mare at the Barn I board at. I think we jumped maybe 4 times before this little CT, but she was so much fun.

4846_1082730754664_1418195554_30235.jpg

This was us going towards the 1st jump

4670_101163119893809_10000000363872.jpg

and us jumping the last jump!

She was gung ho by the end of the course!

And This is my Yearling

n1425412869_30420459_1230649.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/jump4joy/?action=view&current=4881_1167547275264_1425412869_30456.jpg

I love that falling picture! It just cracks me up. Glad to hear the landing was good (although I've always believed that we should get extra points for landing on our feet, not an E).

J4J- Good luck at the T3D! You better fill us in on the whole experience.

Our biggest accomplishment this year was in dressage.

This is how a typical dressage test used to go (this was at BN)

DSC_0209.jpg

By the end of the season, we had finally broken into the 30s (and moved up to novice!). I know, it's pretty sad, but she's such an independent-thinking horse. It's taken a very long time for her to listen to me, and it's still a work in progress. But we've finally developed her canter!!! That was the biggest accomplishment for the entire year.

DSC_0216.jpg

A cute jumping picture from a good jump. It was the last fence on course, I saw the distance from a mile away, so I just looped the rein at let her lope up to it. It was a nice feeling to finally be able to to that on a greenie. :smilie:

DSC_0198.jpg

Just a fun picture from cross country. She always has this ridiculously cute expression on her face. She cannot get enough of cross country.

DSC_0148.jpg

Edited by aeris

Aries,

I know how you feel about the dressage.

I finally broke into the 30's this year. We're doing training and prelim. He is not a easy horse to keep together. But a blast to jump!

I will definalty be writing a post about the T3D.

I am beyond excited!

Hopefully next year we can do a long format 1*

cute pictures guys!

jump4joy- where are you doing the T3D? Waredaca's hosting one in a couple weeks i think, are you going there? I board my horses there :)

But my seasons just about to start kindof, this weekend I'm competing novice at the maryland horse trials. It'll be my second one this fall- i started off with Loudoun Hunt horse trials and we did good- 8th. Just added a few time penalties.

I'm going to Waredaca & Rubicon after this weekend so i'll have a bunch of pictures soon!

Haven't posted in awhile, but I have been snooping.

This season went pretty good for us. The main place where I grew was being able to put my leg on and really ride to the questions especialy when my horse was shakey about it. Roxy really improved in just divide and conquering. At the begining of the season we were a little shakey with some obstacles as far as ditches and large banks, but each event we grew stronger.

Our first event at Queeny park we had a great run over all the obstacles until we reached the water, a small over reaction on both our parts lead to me falling off in a nice little gravel patch. I ended up leading her through the water instead. But the weekend wasn't totally wasted. We went back out the following day and schooled some training level fences and tackled the water just drilling it over and over again.

Penny Oaks was our second event where we had our first clean xc round and it was amazing! We were 3secs from getting speed faults but it was all fun. I had to approach the water at an angle at the walk but once in we bounced on out and I really think she enjoyed it.

Wayne Dupage I think is where we were really able to put the whole thing together. Cross country was amazing she was responsive to everything and really put her heart into it. Both the waters on course we were able to gallop in (with me using my new found technique of being able to ride to a question). After this event it was clear that Roxy really did enjoy her new job and I am pretty sure we will both continue growing.

Overall though I think we both grew in confidence and I think next season will be a blast!

So heres the pics:

Dressage at QP We got a 34.5 if I can remember correctly.

IMG013.jpg

IMG010.jpg

First ditch Roxy has ever galloped over at Queeny Park. It was hilarious the way she chose to jump it.

_MG_7998.jpg

Another fence at QP

_MG_7993.jpg

Penny Oaks

PennyOaks09XC3-1.jpg

PennyOaks09XC2-1.jpg

Stadium

PennyOaks09SJ-1.jpg

Roxy enjoying the summer

BarnandRandom015copy.jpg

I didnt get picks from any other event.

btw: Aeris you guys are looking great!

I have done exactly *one* un-recognized event at BN, and none of the pictures are sharable (my jumping ahead problem is just too embarrassing).

However, I LOVE the pic of us after we finished. I look like a dork but was SOOOOO happy and had such a blast, so here it is:

welived1.jpg

Seriously, it was SO much fun and such a great introduction! I plan on taking Yoda next year after we get a little more schooled :)

(for real, I think I smiled like that for about three days)

Edited by goldentoes

I have done exactly *one* un-recognized event at BN, and none of the pictures are sharable (my jumping ahead problem is just too embarrassing).

However, I LOVE the pic of us after we finished. I look like a dork but was SOOOOO happy and had such a blast, so here it is:

welived1.jpg

Seriously, it was SO much fun and such a great introduction! I plan on taking Yoda next year after we get a little more schooled :)

(for real, I think I smiled like that for about three days)

Congrats there is nothing more satisfying the completing and having a blast on cross country!!

Goldentoes, I think that pictures sums up all of eventing. It's perfect. :smilie: I'm glad you've caught the bug.

BR- I haven't seen pictures of Roxy in forever... holy cow! She's gorgeous. Those dressage pictures are just awesome. I'm happy she's really getting into the groove of it.

Great pics all!! I am totally jealous!

I took the season off this year...and we are more in the dressage world than the event world these days! BUT good news is that we are heading to Aiken, SC this winter! Just for fun though.

Scotch is doing fantastic in the dressage world. He is currently working 2nd/3rd level dressage. And started his flying changes just the other day!! Maybe in a few months you will see him going in a double bridle AND jumping XC!

I'll just throw in an older pic of him jumping just for the heck of it! :) (many of you may have seen it before)

scotchxc06.jpg

And a dressage pics in a lesson w/ Mr. Trainer this summer

ponyboy012_0002.jpg

Thanks aeris! I have been just so busy with school and such, doesnt leave much time for HC. But its great to see how everyone is doing now and then. Seems like it has been a great year for everyone!

Haven't posted in awhile, but I have been snooping.

This season went pretty good for us. The main place where I grew was being able to put my leg on and really ride to the questions especialy when my horse was shakey about it. Roxy really improved in just divide and conquering. At the begining of the season we were a little shakey with some obstacles as far as ditches and large banks, but each event we grew stronger.

Our first event at Queeny park we had a great run over all the obstacles until we reached the water, a small over reaction on both our parts lead to me falling off in a nice little gravel patch. I ended up leading her through the water instead. But the weekend wasn't totally wasted. We went back out the following day and schooled some training level fences and tackled the water just drilling it over and over again.

Penny Oaks was our second event where we had our first clean xc round and it was amazing! We were 3secs from getting speed faults but it was all fun. I had to approach the water at an angle at the walk but once in we bounced on out and I really think she enjoyed it.

Wayne Dupage I think is where we were really able to put the whole thing together. Cross country was amazing she was responsive to everything and really put her heart into it. Both the waters on course we were able to gallop in (with me using my new found technique of being able to ride to a question). After this event it was clear that Roxy really did enjoy her new job and I am pretty sure we will both continue growing.

Overall though I think we both grew in confidence and I think next season will be a blast!

So heres the pics:

Dressage at QP We got a 34.5 if I can remember correctly.

IMG013.jpg

IMG010.jpg

First ditch Roxy has ever galloped over at Queeny Park. It was hilarious the way she chose to jump it.

_MG_7998.jpg

Another fence at QP

_MG_7993.jpg

Penny Oaks

PennyOaks09XC3-1.jpg

PennyOaks09XC2-1.jpg

Stadium

PennyOaks09SJ-1.jpg

Roxy enjoying the summer

BarnandRandom015copy.jpg

I didnt get picks from any other event.

btw: Aeris you guys are looking great!

Your horse is absolutely gorgeous!!

I only did two bn horse trials this year but we've been sticking more with dressage shows lately. I feel like I need to move up sometime but I love competing at bn! I finally feel after three years now I am really starting to click well with Savannah which is a wonderful feeling.

21y1i8.jpg

2vb9e1t.jpg

34t5ojo.jpg

52njeo.jpg