Sign in to follow this  
Red Rockin' Robbin

Fall / Holiday Cravings...

As we near fall and those nasty food affiliated holidays, LOL...( for some of us it's still "trying" to be fall, it's 90? here today!) ...the cravings are getting more and more fierce, LOL.

Comfort food, hot tasty drinks to slurp, desserts and baked goods...it's endless.

I ALWAYS drink my coffee in the morning BLACK. BLACK and HOT and I only need one cup...but I NEED that one cup, LOL. But there's something about the fall/holiday season that makes me LOOOVE the Coffee Mate seasonal coffee creamer flavors...

Today I just bought Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint Mocha!

NUMMIES!!!

I LOVE the comfort foods and hot meals also but if I'm going to splurge, I really enjoy doing it with the creamers, Mmmmmmmm! (Oh and with a slice of Betty Crocker's recipe of Pumpkin Spice Bars, YUUUUM!)

So, what's YOUR poison for when your fall/holiday cravings hit??

oh yea, those flavored creamers are great, although I love black coffe too.

let's see right now what I'm really craving is Candy Corn. and it's a good thing I dont' have it or I'd proably consume the whole bag :rolleye0014::grin:

I'm really wanting to find the Pumpkin coffee creamer. But I've been craving pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

There aren't really any holiday specific things I go crazy for in the stores.

However, I'm looking forward to this really good Brie that my aunt always gets for our Christmas get together. Weird, I know, but it's what popped to mind when you asked. Oh, and my father's chili! It's totally different from anything else and soooo good. I'm not really sure that it qualifies as chili, since it has no beans and uses steak for the meat, but MAN is it good. It takes all day for him to make and is kind of spendy, so he usually only makes it once a year. On the positive side, it freezes wonderfully and he always makes tons of extra!

Mmmmm, pumpkin chai - sounds lovely! I LOVE me some Chai tea!

Brie sounds good too, EH! Well, so does the chunky steak chili! LOL

Warm pumpkin pie, fresh out of the oven....

Pumpkin shake or blizzard from DQ...omg, just thinking about all this food just made me gain 5 lbs, I swear! LOL

I'm all about Thanksgiving foods this time of year!

So with that comes, of course, pumpkin pie! Which I've already bought one and we managed to almost finish it in less then a week! LOL

Also apple cider. BUT unfortunetly it hasn't been cold enough for that just yet. Heck it's 90 today! You getting the heat too SC?

I guess fall just means baking for me. And I have done my share today. I made Bierocks mostly for hunting. But then I am also starting to get over run with eggs now that the chickens have started laying fairly regular. So I have an angel food cake in the oven and am making raspberry ice cream from the yolks.

My grandmom's assortment of baked goods.

Every year she makes little tins for everyone.

Ooooh. :drool: Fudge (plain and with nuts), sherry cake, coconut dream bars, little cinnamon apple crisp/square type things. Other things I can't remember. To dieeee for.

She also makes the best cinnamon rolls in the world. I don't even like cinnamon rolls. They take almost all day to make and absolutely melt in your mouth.

For Thanksgiving I always make a Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake (Paula Deen's recipe) because I don't like pie. Everyone snaps that up in a hurry- it's one of my favorites too!

I'm gaining weight just thinking about all this. Thanks a LOT!

I love apple cider! Starbucks does a really yummy caramel apple cider....but I love my homemade as well. I made it for the first time last year and it was goooood.

And crock pot/slow cooker meals. Just brightens my day to walk in the house from work and smell food cooking. :)

All the comfort foods and more!

Things like stews and soups and roasts. Piles of squash and potatoes.

Pumpkin drop and gingerbread cookies and pumpkin spice and gingerbread creamer.

Apple anything.

Yeasty homemade breads.

Halushki (It's an eastern European dish with potato dumplings about the size of gnocchi and cottage cheese and or sauerkraut and sauteed onions)

Right now I've got a chicken carcass in the crockpot for broth for soups and so on. It's smelling really, really good right now!

If you like pumpkin try those "Pumpkin Bars" that Foxlover posted the receipe for....Oh Lordy they are so yummy and made the house smell so good....

I love Thanksgiving and Xmas foods of all kinds...It is the only time of year that I cook and I go ALL out....You name it, it is here and in LARGE quantities....

Can't wait to start cooking up all kinds of yummy stuff.....

Stuffing....Ohhhhhh I love making (and eating) stuffing....

You guys can keep those creamer things...Coffee should be "black AND hot"...No *foofoo* juice needed for me!!!! LOL

Oh i'm a coffee-aholic from way back, 2-4 cups every morning.

But my holiday cravings are warm things...tea, cocoa with Baileys, hot eggnogg (the alcoholic kind!!), cocoa and peppermint schnapps...sigh.

The WORST craving during the holidays is fudge. Not any fudge, grammas recipe. I let myself make it at the holidays and MAKE myself give a lot away. Which only makes me make more than one batch. *double sigh* It's a firm fudge, like divinity...dammit...now i want some.

Bumper

I don't drink coffee, but I love Hot chocolate when it gets cold.

I make the best pumpkin cookies and have to make them every week for a couple of months.

My Son will eat a whole pumpkin pie if I have one in the house, so it is hard for me to get too much of it.

My next thing is creamy Fudge. I make it every week also.

My SO's family tradition over Christmas is mussels cooked in wine, olives, assorted cheeses, prosciutto, soppressata, cacciatore etc.

I love coffee, drink it all day but, I can't do any of those Coffeemate thingy's with the flavorings. Makes the coffee taste like it's not coffee anymore. I can only do mocha.

For the holidays I have to have Extra Turkey legs. I buy them without the whole turkey attached. [Crazy]

I don't really like white meat, the dark meat is much tastier.

I only like pumpkin flavor in pumpkin pie, not in coffee or anything like that.

Don't care too much for eggnog either.

Just give me a Cafe' Mocha and a Turkey leg and I'm a happy camper.

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie, Stuffing, Olives (black), Cocoa, and of course Turkey!!

Pssst! If any one want's the Double Layer Pumpkin pie recipe, let me know and I'll PM you it. It's easy, delishous, and bake free!

OMG, now I want something to eat but my throats still to sore to handle anything more than soup. Buckeyes sound good and so does stuffing. Yummmm, So much for the diet.

Edited by Kristina

The only thing I sort of like about the cold months is all the yummy food. I wish I had a suite with a kitchen at school, because I would teach myself how to make things like split pea soup, lentil soup, chili...any kind of heavy soup makes me happy :D stuff cooked in a crock pot always works, too.

And anything pumpkin. I ADORE the pumpkin muffins from Dunks, and the pumpkin latte from Starbucks. And the caramel apple cider.

I really want soup now. Bugger!!!!

Amanda :D

I can put away a pumpkin pie by myself.

I really, really love pumpkinn pie.

Has anyone tried the pumpkin icecream from UDF? I know a few people who immediately say "eww" when I bring it up. BUT, if you like pumpkin pie, you definitely like the icecream version (unless you just don't like icecream...).

Like others have mentioned, I'm all about hot chocolate this time of year. I have to get up EARLY for work (4am) and this time of year it's cold outside! By the afternoon it usually warms up to nice fall temperatures, but until then...brr! So I nice cup (or two...) of hot chocolate through the morning hits the spot.

And because Halloween is right around the corner... Am I the only one who loves the insane amount of bulk candy you can buy?! This is the only reason I like this holiday, because every store I walk in has bags of my favorite candy everywhere.

WOW YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME HUNGRY AND I'M TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT! LOL! Oh well, it's the holidays so I am just trying to do everything in moderation!

I ADORE pumpkin stuff especially pie and shakes with whipped cream! My gramms has an absolutely amazing pumpkin bar with cream cheese frosting recipe.

Cold raw sugar cookie dough.

Chili.

FUDGE!

Turkey.

Ham.

Mashed potatoes & gravy.

Stuffing.

Hot Cocoa.

I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD POST THEIR RECIPES!!! LOL!.