Meghan Colligan

If You Could Own An H C Horse...

Fagan - formerly EH's

Whinney - Phurgus's

Fancy - Buddy Roo

Shakar - Abadan's stallion

43 - LTR's

But I have way more than 5 LOL!

OMG...never would I have expected anyone but me would love my big doofus!!

See mom, other people love me too!

3397421696_0f92c70306_b.jpg

OMG...never would I have expected anyone but me would love my big doofus!!

See mom, other people love me too!

3397421696_0f92c70306_b.jpg

Oh I would take him too. The old grey man.....just like mine was. Love 43. He's adorable.

Alleyway's Toast

Mrs Needza or Vista

Light's Lightning (he just amuses me, lol)

Ironbessflint's Snow

Draftie's Bonnie

I think I like the blondes :tongue9:

Although I wouldn't turn down

Audrey-Mae's Mandy

LTR's Pea

Katy's Blackjack

and some others I can't think of right now

That is why I don't post pics. of my horses. Every one of Traveler he is eating, so it makes him look funny.

I can never get a good one of him. I am very bad at taking pics. also so that don't help either. My horses never run around in the pasture, they just walk, so I have no action shots.

I have the same problem with Hattie lol. She's a youngun so still has some of those awkward stages, but mainly it's because she prances around like an Arabian. Now don't get me wrong, Arabians are gorgeous. But when you have a stock horse they're not supposed to do this....

100B2540-1.jpg

look at this tail!

100B2530.jpg

that's better lol

100_2491.jpg

Edited by Megs

I have admired many of the horses on this board but the ones that pop in my mind most are

Michico

Mouse (Delite)

Fagen

Psaint

River Dance

Abby loves Whinny and Sugars little bitty paint mini (Rocky?) :grin:

Nah, It's a model or a statue or something. Want to see it bigger?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/13owser_/Freaky.jpg

Uhhhhhh...

NO! I am not even tempted! Looks bad enough small!

I am sure I have seen medical documentaries with people with problems such as those. Whether through a birth defect or cancer or an acciddent. That is why I had to ask.

You know, you truly are loveable but you have this little freaky side that I hope Dustin enjoys....

I rarely post pictures of my horse because

A) I haven't quite figured out how to take good pictures of black horses yet

and

B) He really is nothing special as you can see.

02.jpg

I really like him anyway. I have contemplated selling him, but I think I will feed him through the winter and use him as a guide horse next summer to put some miles on him.

I rarely post pictures of my horse because

A) I haven't quite figured out how to take good pictures of black horses yet

lots and lots of sunlight! And make sure the sun is behind you so it can highlight the coat...

This is one of the better picks I took of a gelding I used to own...and it's still not "great"

100_1333.jpg

No one wants my bronc.. I mean Trail horse Misty??

023-1.jpg

[ROTFL] [ROTFL] [ROTFL] She has her sweet days!!

Edited by Appaloosa Luver

You guys are so making me totally ruin my keyboard. I'd better get a bib on to catch the drool..... [Crazy]

Gorgeous horses!!!

Deadeye, if I were looking, I' be very interested in your horse. Nice, nice horse!

Here's my dark horse. She's not totally black, more of a very dark brown. She's a 'stang and shines like this all of the time.

100_5894.jpg

100_5646.jpg

100_5610.jpg

Edited by Prairie Rose

Deadeye, if I were looking, I' be very interested in your horse. Nice, nice horse!

Thank you. I really do like his attitude. He is a little on the short side for my preference, but I think my height makes him look even smaller in some pictures. I was deadset on selling him this winter and even put an ad out for him and had some interest shown in him. However, I just couldn't do it. I have decided to winter him with our work horses. Even if I don't have alot of spare time next summer, I can ride him as a guide horse on the job anyway to get some miles on him and see where we are at the end of the season. I think I will try to work on catching him in the large pasture this winter as well as keep up on his groundwork. I really just do not want to regret selling this guy as I think he can be one of those once in a lifetime horses.

Diesel031.jpg

Hmmm...I guess the measure by which I think of HC horses -- those horses I've met, since I've met a few.

There's Peaches, owned by clbritt. Oh, wait -- I did own that one. :winking: Probably doesn't count, but the little "thickburger" is a fine, fine little mare.

CoolRabbit's horses are awesome. I've met both Corky and Taylor -- they are very blessed beauties.

I love the pictures of FlashyPasser's Winnie and Foxy, too, but I haven't met them.

My mare, Lizzie, made the Fugly site, in a good way, so that's good enough for me. She's definitely #1 for me, since I don't have to dream about owning her -- I do already. She's the sweetest, finest mare ever for me, and I wouldn't replace her with something else. She also counts for the next however many and on for me, since she'll hopefully be having more babies after Auggie and I hope to meet all of them at birth.

I'm pretty happy with what I have.

The others are totally beautiful -- all of them, even the ones that are especially beautiful like the long ears Grandpa and Henry (owned by Blueskies) who make limited appearances here, and DonKeyOTee and then just the horses that have a special place in everyone's heart, like Elmer.

I do like Lucy, owned by Blueskies (Meghan) a lot. She'd probably be at the top of my list, after the ones I do own, since she has done well at both the AQHA World and Congress, and is overall just a horse I'd equate with fine fudge -- both sweet and rich. :grin: I imagine it is a feeling close to heaven to go sailing over fences with Lucy.

Whatever horses, if they have a place in their owner's hearts -- that's where its at. If all horses could be so fortunate.

sddeadeye: I almost sold my colt Jake as a 2 year old ... and after watching him being ridden in the "trail" class before the show, and critqued by Bobby Ingersoll, I upped his reserve price. Twice. :happy0203:

This year, I seriously considered selling him. He's hot, he's a lot of horse, he's very talented and has a TON of potential. Right now, I'm over horsed on him, if I put him in a high pressure situation, like on cows. So I don't and let the pro's do that.

But I was reminded, time and again, he's only 4. And he has the most awesome mind, is easy on the eyes and is so willing and level headed that I really need to give him, and myself, more of a chance to grow and improve. I think he is going to be my "once in a lifetime horse" and I'm willing to give us both some more time to work it out. I think you should too!

When in doubt, go with the gut!

Deadeye,

I'm short, so I'd make him look big. :grin:

I sure like his look!

Good idea on holding him over winter and seeing what next summer brings.

I've got my steady gal--she's my appy and is trustworthy all the time, whether I ride her daily or pull her out of the pasture in spring with months of no riding time.

I got her as a green-started 4 year old. She'd come from a bucking sale before I bought her from some kids that started her. She had a serious attitude of "run and only run" the first summer I rode her. Heckuva handful! You know what? I'm glad I hung onto her and now......11 years later, I wouldn't sell her for any amount of money, and I mean that.

[Huggy]

Here she is....my Sweets.

100_5901.jpg

sweetheart.jpg

100_4467.jpg

So.... Abadan... why don't you school him for Liberty and I'll be your partner for Scottsdale 2010? :winking: Psaint is still a contender, but a stallion just has that extra something that it takes to win. I know he's got the personality... does he have the movement?

Besides.... I got a room at a 4 star resort. I stole it [Jump]

Whoops I meant SilverCharm, not FP.

And, I forgot another one I'd met that I was quite impressed with -- Tommy who belonged to Paws (Ashley). He was a hunk a burnin' love for sure! [bat Eyelashes] He was a big 'ole thickburger, just like his sire A Sudden Impulse. :happy0203: As I understand it, Tommy is now carting around little kids. All the better.

Ok, so, my Big Blue idiot Unicorn did me Proud tonight again, team Penning for the second night. We actually GOT some penned & a clean time!

videos loading on Youtube, username is "whenever011"

Edited by redneckcowgirlmn

So.... Abadan... why don't you school him for Liberty and I'll be your partner for Scottsdale 2010? :winking: Psaint is still a contender, but a stallion just has that extra something that it takes to win. I know he's got the personality... does he have the movement?

Besides.... I got a room at a 4 star resort. I stole it [Jump]

LOL......you know.....I don't know if he would want to be caught with all the cheering going on. He loves to show off. I'm not sure he has enough movement to do well in Liberty. I'll see if I can find a video to show ya. If I don't have one, I'll see about trying to get out there and take one. I STILL have never even BEEN to Scottsdale to watch it. I would love to go sometime but it never seems to be in the budget.

Shame on you for stealing that room!!!!

Edited by Abadan Arabians

But I was reminded, time and again, he's only 4. And he has the most awesome mind, is easy on the eyes and is so willing and level headed that I really need to give him, and myself, more of a chance to grow and improve. I think he is going to be my "once in a lifetime horse" and I'm willing to give us both some more time to work it out. I think you should too!

I lost my "one in a million" last year and this year. Last year to the diagnosis, and this year I had to put her down.

Dawnsm.gif

100_1518.jpg

rattlesnakeride2008002.jpg

I still miss her so much. Hattie has big hooves to fill, and with her being only 2....only time will tell if she can.

Thank you for the compliment of adding my colt Jasper (Howelling Corona) to your dream horse lists. We are both humbled by your kind words about him.

Choosing favorites from so many gorgeous and talented horse here on the HC is so diffecult...too many choices, because some I want simply because they are so talented, intelligent and kind that I love them, or I have watched them grow up here and just love them like they were my own. Others because they are just beautiful and showy. so to pick only 5, well I have to say that is an impossible task.

Here are a few for different reasons,

Apple/raisen (the fruit boys)

Rommie

andi's Jake

Bumpers barrel mare, forgot her name

vista

so many others here I dearly love for so many reasons, too many to count. Everyone has every reason to feel proud of their horses and we are all so lucky to have them in our lives!

Edited by cmpsp1