MissMotherNature

On A Stallion Search

I am looking for a stallion to breed to my paint mare "Obsesed In Honey". She is currently bred to "Slightly Cool" for a late March foal. I am looking for a sire with modern halter bloodlines. I want a proven sire preferably a world or reserve world champ.

I will have to get new conformation pictures of my mare. Her main fault that I would like to improve on is her tail setting. I am looking for a sire with a low tail setting.

My mare is a Pinto World halter champion so yes she has proven herself enough to be a broodmare.

My mare is N/N and I want only a N/N sire.

Her pedigree here-http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/obsesed+in+honey

MMN

Edited by MissMotherNature

not really I don't want a outrageous stud fee but I am not going to go really cheap either. I will look at anything under $2500. I would prefer a APHA but would go for a APHA/AQHA reg stud.

Edited by MissMotherNature

well I'm kind of Bias'd but Honeys dad is pretty amaz'in!And he is APHA &Aqha and world champ young cremello 5yr son Of MrYella Fella and he throughs some mighty nice color'd babies too!You can't have too much color now days! http://www.whitmorestables.com/YELLA.html AND he is N/N and good legs&dosile minds for a halter stallion and he is pretty close to you,although they do IA

I would not breed my mare to Carribian Kid if someone paid me too. My friend had a bad experience with one of that stallions foal. She bought a little 4 month old colt sired by him out of a really nice 2X world champion mare. He looked great until he hit 6 months old. He then started to turn out on his fronts and his back became long and unbalanced. Not saying it is the stud but I would rather stay away from him.

Thanks guys,

MMN

A good friend of mine has a filly sired by him and she is popin. The only bad this is that she is a late filly, and wasn't shown this year. I'm sorry for your friend had the problems that she did.

Edited by Duns of Impact

He is gorgeous and I really like his build but I just won't chance it. Especially since the foals will eventually be sold after they are shown their weanling and yearling year. I wouldn't have believe it if I hadn't seen it. He looked great when my friend got him then his feet started turning out. He wasn't being fitted or fed like a halter horse. The were just going to let him grow his weanling year and show him as a yearling. They got him as a show and stallion prospect. I believe this is the ad she bought him from. I was wrong on the mare though she is not a 2x world champion. That was the other foal they bought that my friend kept. http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/horse-ad-898040.html

Also HE IS SOLD I am not advertising him in any way.

I would love to just breed Honey back to Slightly Cool the stallion she is bred to now. But he is leaving this spring as he is sold to France. I love that stud. He is a absolute doll to work with and his foals so far have been amazing.

I am sending in her LWO test this week if she is negitive I can go ahead and breed her to my trainers palomino overo son of KIDS CLASSIC STYLE.

MMN

Have you evern looked into any off the Hofferosa Ranch stallions? I love her stallion Not Kiddin Me. He is a two time AQHA World Champion, and can't remember how many times he was an ABRA Champion.

http://www.banksassets.com/records.htm ok....here is what I did...I was looking for a Pretty(colored) baby that COULD Halter but still do anything else I wanted down the line (horses live a long time) this is Honeys grandsire(moms side) also ONE the breeders stallions/mare's owner, she breeds for ALl-AROUND and I'm happy w/ MY baby! He(grandpa) is ALSO a PBHA world Champ &ROM in everything!And he was the SanDiego Chargers Mascot horse too!AND he is the grandson of Audy Murphys Palomino('ol hollywood cowboy singer)I think that is very cool!! He 17 and very famous all over the world!and still got it!!He has babies all over the world!

She had bred Honeys mom, AI buy Mr YellaFella Son with the intention of KEEPING my filly to breed BACK to her other 3 yr Cremmello BY"A Shady Broker(buckskin)" stallion.But she let me buy her instead and after I show Honey more,and depends on how she does I'll take Her to him Myself. His name is CREM DE LA CREM I like him a LOT !! and she does AI too! and ships all over the world!!!

Here is Hofferosa Ranch web site. This is very old and Not Kidden Me isn't on here. But she still owns Endzone Dancer (Spike) and Sir Buckalot (Buckalot). All of her stallions are N/N

This is when Not Kiddin Me won the AQHA WOrld Show in 2006 as a two year old. AQHA Link

Here is a picture of him on the ABRA web site... I think in this picture he was a late 2 yr old. ABRA Site

I have seen all three of these stallions in person. Endzone Dancer, aka Spike, is stunning, and has a great temperment. Sir Buckalot has great muscle but can also ride. He moves like a dream. Not Kidden Me is drop dead beautiful and when in the show ring he loves his job and wants people to look at him.

I'm not crazy About them either..I just want the double dulite gene,and Honey already has 1/2.she will most likely through Pal on anything anyway. I just like that line...that Crem has,its a good safe cross for me,to stay N/N

OK just wondering.......why would you NOT choose this horse as a stallion for a halter baby just curious...i dont know ANYTHING about showing halter except about 4H .....lol but I think this stud is GORGEOUS but that just my NON showers eye.....lol

http://www.wiesequarterhorses.com/mricete.html

OK just wondering.......why would you NOT choose this horse as a stallion for a halter baby just curious...i dont know ANYTHING about showing halter except about 4H .....lol but I think this stud is GORGEOUS but that just my NON showers eye.....lol

http://www.wiesequarterhorses.com/mricete.html

Beutiful horse but big draw back he is N/H

the H/H thing is a real problem right now! and the gene pool is shrinking pretty fast! there are LOTS! of things to concider,instead of JUST a pretty Baby! Like here in Ca...there are tons of Red horses good ones but everybody wants either Buckskin,Crem,or Pal,and all others are just not selling! or if so and a GREATLY discounted price! And then throw in HYPP! and boy! just have to think twice about what you breed(to) right now or IF to breed at all!! My Honeys breeder has 3 Pal yearlings ALL are N/n & ground trained! and STILL its tough getting your price! She didn't even breed back last year! she's waiting!

Nope he carries an H which means you have a chance of the foal being N/H when breeding to him. MMN wants an N/N stud so there is no chance the colt will have HYPP.

Update Not Kiddne Me had two get place in 3rd & 7th in the Amt. Yearling Hatler Stallions. He had a Res. World Champion at the Bayer Select. If you can't tell I really like this stud.

I know he isn't as fancy as you want but what about this guy? He is used for performance, not halter by his owners, but comes from a good halter line. You can get a little champagne in your honey with him also.... :happy0203: and ALL of the horses I have seen out of My Skips Ashwood line are both performance horses and halter prospects. You can't go wrong with this double line bred My Skip Vanzi of you want a different color.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/cool+looking+dude

http://www.champaintequine.com/Angus.html

http://www.champaintequine.com/AngusFoals.html

My mare Tj is a granddaughter of My Skip Ashwood and I love her build. I haven't started working her yet due to an absessed hoof growing out, but just feeding her (she was underweight) she has grown muscle just standing around. She is a chestnut with a golden colored mane and tail.

Champions are born, but also have to be made.

AD

Edited by Alaskandraft

Yes 4x4 he is N/H which means when crossed with a horse that is N/N there is a 50% chance the foal will be N/H. However N/H is actually desired right now in a lot halter industry. They want horses with not only balance and correct conformation but also eye appeal and muscle mass. I think he would be a nice cross with my palomino mare though.

I am not sure I want to contribute to the large amount of N/H horses. I went to the AQHA world consignment sale today and I would say that 98% of the halter horses were N/H. Those that were not plain did not sell for much. Actually I saw a few that were POed because no one would bid on them.

If I were breeding for my own personal show horse I might consider a N/H stallion. However these resulting foals will be sold. I do not want to put a horse in this world and sell it only for it to have a attack and die. If it were my own horse, yes I would feel guilty actually I would feel terrible but it would be on me and not someone else.

Actually someday I would love to breed my Palimino mare to Kids Classic Style whom is N/H. However that foal would not be for sale and would be my personal show horse, my responsibility.

Alaskan-To be honest I don't care for him. He is a performance built horse. For a halter horse he has a weak hind end. He has a high tail set, steep croup, not enough shoulder, absolutely no forearm or gaskin muscling, and for my taste he does not have a pleasing head.

I am not all about color. I need a proper body to be competitive and be able to sell a foal. If it is not a halter stallion I am not interested. However he would cross well on a western pleasure mare I have. But in my area there is just no market for riding horses. Hence why she is being left open and doing nothing right now.

Another thing is he is AQHA I am looking for something that will help reduce the chances of a breeding stock paint with her. She is not AQHA registered so the foal would not be if bred to a qh. Breeding stocks are not what I am hoping to produce. Honey is so far a 100% color producer, even producing a maximum white overo on a solid stud. She produced 5 more overo's with that same solid stud. But I would like to not chance it.

She is currently bred to this stud. He is the caliber I am hoping to find to breed her to this year. He has a huge chest and hip overall great balance with a ton of muscle, a beautiful head, and he is N/N to boot. The only thing I do not like is his posty hocks but that is hot right now, however he doesn't usually produce them.

coolsh11.jpg

coolru14.jpg

coolpa15.jpg

coolpa16.jpg

coolhe18.jpg

Sadly he is sold and going to France to stand at stud there. If her were not I would be breeding to him again. He is one heck of a sire.

MMN

well GOOD for you in THINKING! about what your putting out! I wish a lot more of the INDUSTRY was thinking,as FORTHRIGHT as you! And I like him too! only not his throught latch(could be just the photo too)...but other than that,I find not much to fault! Where you able to kind a good son of his? just a thought.....

Your right about CLD's coup, it is too steep. His head is very quarter horsey. But I liked his overall body structure. Your guy is pretty with his dished head, but your right about his hocks, they are posty and not a very clean hock to boot. It makes his pasterns upright also. I always wonder why a horse with this conformation fault would win a championship? If you actually used this horse he would fall apart. Sorry, but Thats the way I feel about it. I don't feel muscle trumps bone and tendon structure and will never understand why top shows allow it.

I chat on line with Jerry Wismer a top clyde breeder and judge and this fault is one of his pet peeves at premium shows. It causes many soundness issues. Glad this guy don't pass it on to his offspring for you....You must have an awesome mare! I haven't seen her picture, but your palomino mare is to die for!

I'm not familiar with Quarter/Paint horse type halter shows, just draft and the front and rear legs are highly important. Do they always Allow comformation faults to win and only care about muscle? Especially legs issues? I have a freind with a Leopard appy that took third in U.S. Nationals Non-Pro. He has a right front that is turned out. You can actually see it at the joint. His feet are also too small which causes hoof issues.

http://www.ringsurf.com/tv/171320-sully_diamonddust.html

I'm just curious MMN because looking at many light halter horse "champion sires" the leg issues are rampant......Please don't think I'm picking on your choices...I want to learn more about halter shows because I'm thinking about showing TWinkie and Tj in some of our little bo-hunk shows in the state so they too can get a few points under their belt. It won't be at the calibur your showing at though. So please teach me to "FISH" :happy0203: and what Halter classes look for in the horses. Is it really about the "muscle"????

AD

Honey's mom I actually have a son of his. He is a weanling right now but I am showing him and going to keep him a stud. He has won futurities already and placed 3rd at Congress. I am very happy with him. I will breed my mares to him when he is done with his show career.

Yep as I said his hocks are posty but they win. In the ring lots of muscle does trump some faults. Actually "Cool" is sound and he is 13. He is sound to ride as well.

Every horse has faults but sometimes other things trump those faults. He won and now his foals are winning too. My colt out of him does not have posty hocks at all. I will explain more and put up pics of my colt an my mare later tonight. I have to to go now.

MMN