MissMotherNature

On A Stallion Search

ok Alaskan here are some pics of my boy. He is a weanling by Slightly Cool. He is out of a daughter of Sockett.

Here is my colt pedi http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/md+ima+spotless+soket

at not even 3 months

laceandsockket018.jpg

at 5 months old

pictures099.jpg

at a futurity that he won

101_0929.jpg

and a photo from congress

scan0015.jpg

The mare that I am talking about breeding is a own Daughter of Obsesed To Impress a stallion with 758 halter points and sire of foals with a total of over 10,000 points.

Here is her pedigree http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/obsesed+in+honey

She herself has a World Championship in halter, she has 128 halter points, 3 roms in apha etc.. she is a nice mare.

Here she is when she won the Pinto world

Honeyworld.jpg

I don't have any confo pictures of her but she is a nice put together mare. She does have a high tail set and a bit of a sway back but the back is from being a broodmare for the past 7-8 years.

I like The Secret and I really like Kids Gold Style but I am still undecided.

MMN

I like The Secret and I really like Kids Gold Style but I am still undecided.

So I did good! :happy0203:

My favorite of the two is Secret. With his large bone he and any of his progeny can carry more muscle. HE moves nice also. If you go to HIS page "The Secret" there are some movement shots. HE has very nice comformation. Pretty head...

Curious why do you like one more than the other??

Your mare and colt are nicely put together. You did good!

AD

awww I remember when you got mavi wow he def. blossomed into a nice colt in a short amount of time.

As for stallions not too much help i haven't had a halter baby since my Mr. sockett grandson Parker. :grin:

The stallions I'm listing are enrolled in Breeders Trust

Secure N Awesome

TD KID

?OLWS-Negative

?HYPP N/N

Engagements

?Oklahoma Spot or Not Futurity

?Missouri Paint Horse Association Breeders Futurity

?Oklahoma Landrush Futurity

?Oklahoma TOVO Futurity APHA

many more....

There is a couple more but I'm still digging around. If you want me to do extra research on any stud prospect , their progeny or show record just let me know!

Pysically I like both stallions equally they are both nicely put together. Both with strong bone, pretty heads, correct conformation. The only reason why the second stallion trumps the other for me is breeding. I love KIDS CLASSIC STYLE! Hence why my pali is being bred to a son of his. Honey may be bred to him as well if her LWO test comes back negative.

sunny311.jpg

sunny.jpg

We will see.

I tried to find a ad on secured n awesome but couldn't.

Thanks, he has turned into quite the little ham hasn't he.

MMN

Forget secured n awesome I couldn't find an ad of his yesterday but just found one and his status is N/H. sorry

I'll keep looking.

Ima Switch Hitter

#8 leading halter horse sires

http://www.imaswitchhitter.com/hitter.asp

also he has a

$500 discount for mares with Superior, Reserve

or World Champion title or PAC COA

his foals accomplishments

http://www.imaswitchhitter.com/docs/ishfoalpoints.pdf

citystatics foal atticus is by this guy and I LOVE his build. Nice big hip. drools....

I like this stud

http://www.lonespringranch.com/index_files/Page318.htm

Arg I am having a hard time finding anything I REALLY like for her within my price range and criteria. I am finding several studs I like for Melody my pali mare [Crazy]

I like both of these boys

http://www.ljlshowhorses.com/

and I really like this boy

http://www.apranch.com/I%20Am%20A%20Hot%20Topic.htm

I am having second thoughts that I maybe should breed Honey to a N/H stud for a show prospect. I like her lines way better than my other mare and overall I like her better. IDK though we shall see.

MMN

lol I don't know

something halter bred

paint

conformation

shown or sire/dam shown and did well

under $2500 but preferably lower or give discount on world champion mares

not picky on color but do want regular paint registered

n/n or n/h

must be in Oklahoma or ship semen

no I love all of them! Keep posting what you fine! I am trying to get a list together so I can narrow down who I like most. I just want to make sure there is plenty of thought put into this foal. I may just keep this one.

MMN

APHA Sons of Kids Classic Style

First one off is Kids Gold Style 2003 palomino overo- 1500$

http://www.triplebbbranch.com/

BREEDING DISCOUNTS. If your mare is a World Champion or World Champion Producer you are entitled to receive a $250 discount off the regular breeding service fee. Mares that have earned over 100 halter points or produced a foal that earned over 100 halter points are entitled to a $100 discount. Breed 2 or more mares and you will receive $100 off the regular breeding fee for each mare bred. Only one discount will apply per mare, discounts are not cumulative. The 1st shipment of cooled semen is free with each paid breeding. Show records must be verified to receive applicable discounts

BUT he is N/H and N/O on owls soo pretty risky guy.

Brooks Or Dunn - i like this one but there is hardly any info on the site, no fee no HYPP status or OWLS status.

http://www.taborranch.com/brooksordunn.html

Kids Got Style- OWLS neg HYPP N/H breeding fee 800 first shipment is free.

http://www.rbshowhorses.com/kidsgotstyle.html

2008 APHA World Champion - Open 2 Year Old Stallion

2009 PtHA Reserve World Champion - Open and Amateur 3 Year Old Stallion

He has more sons but these had the best records to me, and some just haven't been shown yet or are only 2-3 yr olds

oh! I vote for Kids Got Style!! I love buckskin Overo's I wish they show'd more Pix of him side view but if he did that good as a 2 yr old I'm sure its nice(I hope) its good he's test too! AND you'd still get color! very cool!

Ok, quick question. Are you ok with breeding to an N/H stud because you're looking at registering it APHA?

My reason for asking. The first thing I noticed is that you're ok with N/H studs. My first thought was "why? Isn't AQHA not registering N/H babies after this year?" Then I went back and re-read your post and saw that you were looking for a paint. So, is it that APHA doesn't care about the status, unlike AQHA?

I'm just trying to learn!

So far APHA does not require HYPP status on papers or disqualification from registration if they are N/H. I believe her mare is N/N as well. And from what I've taken from previous posts is N/H is almost desired and sought after in either breeding or buying Halter horses or prospects. It IS manangeable with diet, knowledge and extreme caution. Most of these horses aren't ever ridden. Still doesn't make it acceptable to breed FOR possible H/H animals but MMN is being very educated about it and knows what she is doing. At least thats my take on it :grin:

I always swore I would never breed for a N/H horse, at that time I was uneducated about the disease.

Now that I understand and know how to manage a N/H horse i am ok with it. I however will NOT breed a N/H horse to be sold. If I breed it and it is N/H I will be keeping it.

Honestly I wouldn't be even considering breeding for a N/H horse if you didn't need one to win a halter class. Yes it is more than muscle it is conformation as well. But those big horses will place over one that is not muscled if it comes down to it.

Apha will register it if it is N/H as will Pinto, palimino, buckskin, etc. there are not any rules about N/H horses and until there are rules people will keep breeding for them. Sad but true.

I honestly would much rather be still doing western pleasure and HUS but since my body can't take riding enough to even be competitive, halter and showmanship it is.

I hopefully may be able to show my current N/N halter weanling stallion in western pleasure in the future. Hopefully my back will take it. But until then I am going to do what my body will let me. Which is halter.

Yes MidMoPaints my mare is N/N as are all of the horses I currently own.

thanks for the education, girls. I don't think I could ever do halter without boring myself to tears and luckily my body is still in good enough shape that I can ride. I hope you can eventually be able to ride your stud.

Mothernature, I totally Get you!!!! I rode the fence (litterly) decideing on a RIDING horse or a Halter horse?and my age too at 56! ekk 12/27 makes 57!! @ little landing on the "ol hips takes 2 months to heal! And that should have been a maybe 72 hr soreness thing! So Yes I agree w/ you! I always did both, but my LOVE is halter!(don't find it bore'n at all) and really Love ground work in general, not in a big hurry to ride like when I was young...I'm happy to to of found a well bred N/N halter filly to Play with! funny its take a long time to be able to afford a really good one...So I'm enjoy'n probably my last one!

Honeysmom yep but I hardly even got to start my riding career lol. I am only 20 but I was born with spinal bifuda, Myelomeningocele is the form I have. It is the most severe type of spinal bifuda and I am VERY luck I can walk. The dr's never thought I would but I somehow proved them wrong. But they also said I would be mentally retarded, have to have a brain shunt, never be able to use the bathroom on my own and none of those are true. So I guess I must just be thankful for what I do have and what I am able to do. I am limited on a lot of things but I can do a lot too and show halter just happens to be on of those things.

I love my horses and I love showing so I just could not give either up.

MMN

Here are some pics of Honey

Please keep in mind she is in pasture shape only. She has been a broodmare for the last 7-8 years and done nothing else so yes she looks a little furry lol

mavimooseherdpics033.jpg

mavimooseherdpics034.jpg

mavimooseherdpics036.jpg

Her big booty

mavimooseherdpics010.jpg

even bigger belly

mavimooseherdpics012.jpg

and her wanting to know why I am disturbing her eating time to take pictures of her.

mavimooseherdpics011.jpg

And one of Melody as well(she is not furry and is wearing a blankie because she has been underlights to get her in foal early next spring)

mavimooseherdpics035.jpg

And one of my other mare wanting to eat my dog in my car.

mavimooseherdpics038.jpg

MMN

Edited by MissMotherNature

Cool I just got a response back from a person with a apha son of MR YELLA FELLA

I really like him. I am requesting some more pics of him. http://www.lonespringranch.com/index_files/Page318.htm

and to top it of she stands him for FREE to World champion mares! All I would have to pay is collection and shipping fees.

MMN

I'm gonna jump in here. I got an e-mail from a lady yesterday asking if I wanted a stallion. Of course I had to tell her I can't, but I said I'd pass on the info.

Here's her site

http://www.bengalsandpaintedarabians.com/

if you want to look at him. She's wanting to either sell him or lease. Here's the info she sent me in the e-mail.

'I was wondering if you would possibly be interested in a cremello white overo apha stallion? (guaranteed buckskin and palomino foals!) He is 8 years old and broke to ride and trained to do artificial collection, which is a biggy now a days.

His picture is on my website under the for sale page. Just let me know if you might be interested or know some one who might be. And he is also available for lease.

Thanks'

Don't know if he's what you're lookin' for, but he is nicely colored, nicely built, and has a nice pedigree (may not be the BEST, but good). Just look at him and you won't hurt my feelings if he's not what you want. Someone else might like him!

ETA: He's on the For Sale page Mr Fancy Cojack

Edited by SpiffyGrl

Thanks Spiffy but I am not looking to buy as I have one but he is not ready to breed yet but would consider leasing if he were what I was looking for, but he is not. I am looking to breed my mare to a stallion. I am only looking at halter studs as that is what my mare is and what I am wanting to produce. But thank you for thinking of me. He would be a producer of color but that is about all he would have to offer me. And I am not concentrating on color. I am happy with a sorrel lol.

Thanks everyone,

MMN

That's fine. Just thought I'd throw him in there. She is willing to lease, but I just don't have the property for him or any more babies. Hence why I didn't breed for a 2010 baby. I'll breed Spiffy again, when I have the land. hehe!

ETA:

He has Halter blood, but I had to go farther back then you want to find it.

Edited by SpiffyGrl