Sign in to follow this  
palominolady

What Kind Of Interesting Pets Do You Hav?

We have a turtle... her name is Tessie. She was hit by a car and had a cracked shell, so we took her in. She's pretty boring actually...

mehpenn, what KIND of turtle did you rescue? Land or aquatic? Aquatics NEED to be in water, with access to a place to get out of the water to dry off under a light, or they won't stay healthy.

My 2 are aquatics and do a lot of swimming around in their tanks when they aren't basking under their lights, so they aren't nearly as boring as a land turtle that doesn't move around much. :winking:

I have Luke, a leucistic Texas rat snake, 8 feet long, nearly 9 years old. Nelson, a Kenyan Sand Boa, who is 6 years old, Roswell, a Ringer Ball Python, 10 years old, and Cordes, a banded California king snake, wild caught, age and gender unknown. The other snakes are all boys. A mini Rex rabbit buck named Tux, 2 1/2 years old. These are the interesting pets aside from the 5 cats and 1 dog.

Hey There Tammy Lady [smiley Wavey] ..... Long Time, Where Have You Been Hiding?

I don't have any weird pets. I used to have a rabbit named Cassidy, my brother had a red eared slider, couple hamsters through our child hood.

[smiley Wavey]

I have a Hedgehog :D He's about 6 months old now..I think lol. I've had him since he was 8 weeks. He's actually a pretty neat little guy. He's also super easy to care for, give him a wheel, some cat food, & water & he's a happy boy.. haha.

Here's Gweedo <33

gweedo003.jpg

gweedo002.jpg

gweedo00.jpg

Are they natural born killers??? [ROTFL] [ROTFL]

Sure are :)

They hunt the live snails i put in their tank. Its sooo fun to watch...

Heres a vid of some DPs hunting snails

And here is an awesome video of a puffer after a crawfish...

Plus, its my Fianc?e & I's favvvvoorriittte movie. :)

We have a blue tongue skink. We got him when he was only 3 inches long and he's about 1'8" long now. I don't have any pictures of him. They really do have blue tongues and he absolutely loves meal worms... Their patterns are pretty cool, and i think determine the sex also.. But he's not mine, he's the sisters. I used to have a lime green tree snake that was awesome, but gave him away... Oh, and his name is Gil.. Short for Gilbert... But here is what his species is:

TSI-2007-8erGruppe-2.jpg

I usually have baby squirrels that I nurse every summer. I don't have any right now, I just nurse them until they our old enough to be released. I have had so many of them I couldn't count them all. They are fun to have around. I had pictures, but my computer got a virus so they are all gone. Maybe i'll get some more next year.....

When I was a kid in Michigan, I had some baby blue jays whose nest had blown out of a tree during a storm. They were mostly feathered, but couldn't fly yet. I raised them until they could fly, then released them. They stayed around the house for quite awhile, probably six months or so, then one by one, disappeared. I guess they eventually found boy/girl friends.

I have a pet pot belly pig named squeal.

my son gave him to me for christmas.

IMG_4875.jpg

Edited by crazychicken

^awwww..he's to friggin cute..I want to hold him and hug him and rub him and call him Ralph...... [ROTFL]

Very interesting pets.....

Edited by Logans Mom

I hedgehog sat for 2 weeks for a friend. The Hedgey's name was Penelope. she hissed and stayed in a ball anytime we wanted to try to touch her, and she would jump when you tried to touch her (and the spines do hurt). she was friendly for her owner when we went to get her, she could pick her up and Penelope would open up for her.

and that was kind of it, rather boring. her cage was rabbit size and she had a solid plastic wheel (looked similar to the one posted above) penelope looked bigger though. and they are nocturnal, I think Penelope ran at least 3 miles everynight on her wheel.

I was given kitten food and meal worms to feed her. I wanted to try and make friends so a really good friend of mine is an exotic veterinarian and I asked her about feedings and hedgehogs in general.

she said a little cooked egg or ground beef would be ok but otherwise they are mostly insectivores and there is a special insectivore diet she really recommends, but cat food is an alternative and if feeding cat food it needs to be low fat and high fiber (she didn't like I was given kitten food, but not my hedgey so I wasn't going to change it) but if you couldn't get the insectivore diet then feed 75% insect and to have the worms or insects gut loaded with vitamins/minerals. I was feeding these tiny little mealworms so I increased them, when I ran out I went to the pet store and found out they sold "Super" worms, they were HUGE compared to the little worms, and for some reason kind of creepy to touch even though I had no issues with the little ones. and she said it was very important that the excercise wheel be solid and not wire.

after the 2 weeks were up though, we were happy to let Penelope go home, not very interactive at all, she did open up once for me but that was the day before she went home, and even once she opened up I was just sitting there holding her. Otherwise I did not think she was anymore work than maybe having any other pocket pet (i.e rat or hamster)

Sorry I have not been keeping in touch, my husbands grandfather passed away

so we had to go to Arizoina to take care of things.

sadly my poor ratty passed away a week after we got back home [Me Cry] I'll miss the poor guy.

I did get a new little female rat, she is 6 months old her name is mollly mouse, she is the color of a wild mouse and has a white tummy :happy0203:

yesterday we went out and just happend to stumbled across a pet store :happy0203: lol

so hubby said we can go in and just look around lol yeah when do ya go into a pet store and just look lol so I hurded him into the rodent section and looked at the little baby rats and said hunny

molly needs a friend [bat Eyelashes] hubby gives me the look so gave him the sad look and he said ok get one :happy0203:

camera is broke so no picks for now, still need to pick a name for the little guy. everyones pets look great, i love the hedgehog, the Lizzerd, and the pot bellied pig, they are very cute.

Ill try to get picks. [smiley Wavey]

Palominolady: I'm so sorry to hear your month hasn't been so great, but congrats on the new baby rattie.

I thought I'd come by and introduce my little girl. She is a white ferret. She has one brown eye and 1 red eye. This is my girl BAM!

100_0016.jpg

100_0018.jpg

Well first, we raised a fox from a kit to a full grown. We went to a farm to look at a horse and they had many foxes among other animals. They raised the foxes for their fur, making them live in tiny wire cages until mature then killing them. They asked if we would like to see a kit up close, and we agreed. They brought out a small black kit and we were holding her and whatnot but said we couldn't buy it. The owner nodded his head and said that was fine, but we knew instinct would drive the mother to kill the babies because of human smell. These fox are untouched, only fed meat everyday and separated come time. Well we brought Tinkerbelle home and raised her. At the time we were living in a small pickup bed camper while we rebuilt our house that was destroy by a flood. Eventually we moved to a larger pull behind trailer, but nothing great before the house was done. She was a total experience. At one point we almost gave her to a zoo, but managed to pull through. She's bonded very tightly to me. Right now she lives in our basement with a run outside that she has full access too. She prefers inside though. She rolls over, pants, wags her tail just like a dog and cries when I come down. I can pick her up and hold her, get her to do anything and play with her. We run and chase each other, and she will jump on my back, lick my "wounds", and hide stuff in my lap. She's 9 now, and getting to the point where I won't be surprised if she doesn't make it to next fall. Her teeth are nearly gone, but she's still fat and happy and hyper as ever, but she does sleep a lot more. I don't have a picture on this computer, but I'll get one for ya'll to see.

Next, I have Roscoe P Coltrane, or Roscoe the monster riot. Roscoe is a maybe 6 month old ferret. My buddy. I had two when I was younger and missed them so much when I had to part with them. My boyfriend bought me Roscoe a few months ago, even though he claimed to hate ferrets. This was until he held one. Haha. Roscoe isn't your average male ferret, he doesn't sleep 22 hours a day. Actually he sleeps like 4. He's a monster, in a total loving way. If I'm gone for a day or two, he gets depressed and won't eat, won't play, just wants to cuddle with me when I get back... little heart breaker. He doesn't chew on cords and loves to chase the dogs. Total goof ball and can climb anything. Drinks from his water bottle upside down, hanging off of his shelf. He pushes his food dish off everytime I feed him, and gets cranky if I don't put it back on the shelf come next feeding. He loves to swim and chase you, and is so playful, such a riot.

Here he is waiting for me to finish my painting last night so he could be let out. He has a small cage with a hammock made out of a t-shirt and a play box that he's destroyed. It had holes, but he's pretty much torn it apart. Normally he's out running around. I made a large castle for him out of boxes, with tunnels and tight spaces, large spaces, and paper to play in and he LOVES it. Haha.

001-3.jpg

1465.jpg

1467.jpg

1472.jpg

Then I have two female sugar gliders. I recieved them for free from a married collage student who was moving back home and didn't have the time to give them the attention they need. Gliders are pretty expensive, so I was way suprised he gave me them, plus the cage and whatnot. They aren't the friendliest bunch, and bite wicked hard. I can let them sit in my hand and eat fruit or crickets out of it, but anything other than that, they aren't too fond with. I carry them around with me in a pouch when i go places sometimes, but since it's so cold right now, they haven't gone anywhere. They are really fun to watch in at night. One likes the do back flips over and over and over. Plus they are adorable to boot. The only down fall, is they bark a lot and make a noise called crabbing, when they are angry or scared.. you wouldn't think it would come out of them, and it makes everyone jump. Its kinda funny.

I don't have a picture yet as they are super camera shy.

Then last and mostly least, I have a 1 year old llama. He's a total pain in my butt, thinks one of my mares is his momma and tries to mount her everynow and them. He chases my calves when they get out, gets into my hay barn and shreds the hay.. ahh just a pain. Although he is a cutie sometimes though. Follows me when I go on rides with his "momma" if he falls behind I just holler, "come on llama" and he comes runnin and playin back to us. Ahh.

068.jpg

065.jpg

Young reiner: I absolutly LOVE your ferret. He's soo precious. Don't you just love them. I got my little girl a few yrs ago and she is just too cool. They play with dogs and cats. Their easy keepers and complete sweethearts. Thats cool his name is my chihuahua's registered name Roscoe P Coltrain. Love it.

WELL I guess I almost forgot my big pasture buddy. He thinks he's a horse, so he gets treated like one. Here is my Hampshire pig Wilbur.

10832_213869531161_636776161_296737.jpg

Here he is with the gang

19442_238168161161_636776161_308478.jpg

Nappin in his stall

8.jpg

Dustmaker, thanks, he is a cutie. Your girls is adorable as well! I had a white female also when I was 5 and took her everywhere with me. She slept all the time, even with me in my bed at night. I barely remember her being awake. Roscoe is the oppisite. I really don't know why I picked out the most lively ferret of the bunch who was chewing and attacking all the sleeping ones. Haha, but I did. Oh yeah, one of my dogs runs when he is let out. lol They are a ball. Hehe, Thats too funny about your chihuahua. Gotta love the Dukes!

Haha love wilbur. I can't stop thinking Wiiilllllbuurrr. Like the sheep on Wilbur. Haha. So cute.

Youngreiner, are you having your llama fixed? If not, be careful! I know someone who had a young llama. She raised him from a baby. However, once he got older, he turned mean. He attacked several people, including me. We were able to catch him, and had to lead him w/2 people, one on each side. He got in w/her zeeboo, and attacked him. He lost. She found him dead in the pasture a few days later. She figures he had some internal injuries. And, while I felt bad for her, in a way, I didn't mind. If she's away, I'll feed for her, and was afraid to go in the fields because of him.

thank you Dustmaker, your ferret is a cutie pie, we had a ferret but he was a jurk and would jump on our legs and bite, he was demon possed :twitch: we got rid of him.

and your pig is a ham lol, I used to show the hampsire pigs in FFA many moons ago.

youngreiner, your little fox sounds so fun, glad you were able to get her. your ferret is to cute

it looks just like the one hubby and i had. and you got to luve the face on your Ilama it's just to cute [bat Eyelashes]

Sprites Mom, yes Ma'am I'm definetly gettin his booty gelded. I've heard similar stories. :twitch: He has to be two year old I believe, from what I've heard and read. That scary about your friends llama! They have a nasty kick. Hopefully he stays calm!

Thanks Palomino Lady! Tinker is pretty fun, but like any wild animal she can be scary. She's generally very sweet, but has her moments where she just wants to be left alone. Oh Llama may be cute, but don't let that fool ya! :winking: He's Trouble, with a capital T, that rhymes with P that stands for Pool. (music man reference) sorry couldn't help myself. :tongue9:

lol youngreiner i know llamas can trouble, my long time friend marie and I were shaveing her moms llama Huckleberry he didnt think he looked good enough turned aroundand spit on me :twitch: what a creep :twitch: AND THEIR SPIT IS JUST PLAIN SICK SMELLING [Crazy]

Edited by palominolady

Zeusyboy Hey There Tammy Lady ..... Long Time, Where Have You Been Hiding?

oh you know, I get busy the world falls on me and it takes me a wile to dig out and get back on here, lol but all is good [smiley Wavey] how have you been Zusy?

Edited by palominolady

lol youngreiner i know llamas can trouble, my long time friend marie and I were shaveing her moms llama Huckleberry he didnt think he looked good enough turned aroundand spit on me :twitch: what a creep :twitch:

Haha thats pretty funny! Darned llama! My guy doesn't spit.. well not yet. We've gotten him pretty pissed off too and thought he would but he hasn't. I'm sure its coming sometime. That is some nasty stuff! I love you rat by the way. So adorable.