Sign in to follow this  
Eventersrule

Good Thoughts For Marly -- Updated 11/20 (second Page)

He'll probably start doing something in about six weeks, depending on the rate that he heals at. I would imagine I'll be at least playing with him undersaddle by the two-month mark. So not too bad, all things considered.

From the pics, everything looks status quo. I've had aeveral go through surgery and it sounds like you had a great team working on him and they've done everything right. I look forward to following your career together. There are only bigger and better things to come!

God, it must be **** trying to fight off infection in that baby.

shockingly open wounds usually do pretty well if they were never infected and gross in the first place, it will fill in.

I am gald to hear the marly man is doing well!!!

UPDATE 11/20/09

Thank you so much all for your kind thoughts and words!!!

The big news is...I brought Marly HOME yesterday afternoon! He was released a day or two early because they thought he was doing well enough to take out the IV line and go to home care.

So far he seems to be doing really well! I'm getting up at 5am to walk him, feed him, medicate him, and doctor his wounds before my classes. As much as I don't like hearing my alarm go off that early, I've found I'm enjoying hanging out at the barn for a couple of hours when it's quiet and there's no one else around. When I came in this morning Marly was laying down napping so I spent a few minutes snuggling with him; he put his head in my lap and closed his eyes...it was adorable.

He's eating like a champ; only on soaked grass hay for the next few weeks probably, but is polishing off anything I put in front of him. He's also gotten back to being perky and cheerful, in fact, has been named "happiest horse with a hole in his head anyone's ever seen." lol!

So anyway...thanks again everyone!! I can't stress enough how much I appreciate my online support system. I'll keep y'all updated with plenty of nasty pictures as the wounds progressively heal, haha.

[Jump]

Glad to hear that he's moving along! It's really great that he has a chipper attitude too :) That makes a ton of difference and I hope that he continues to get better and better.