Rein_Of_Fire

Courts Sharon Camarillo Barrel Saddle....opinions?

Im in the market for a new saddle after going through 2 in the last year due to fit problems. I found this Courts Sharon Camarillo 15" barrel saddle. I have a foundation quarter horse mare and Im having trouble finding a saddle to fit her. Does anyone have this saddle? Any opinions?

Its at Pards.com the Used 15" Courts Sharon Camarillo Barrel Saddle.....the link wolnt work.

Thanks in advance!!! [Jump]

Edited by Rein_Of_Fire

that link just took me to the homepage of the website???

I do have one its about 12 years old. I love it! they are very well made saddles

I've never owned a Courts, but know several ropers and barrel racers who have them. They like them and say they hold up well.

A lot of foundation-bred horses had "mutton" withers and that's why the full Quarter Horse bars on some saddles came into being. Make sure you get a saddle with a wide spread to the bars.

Thanks, for the info, I emailed Pards and asked them. They said the saddle im looking at has FQHB and a 7" gullet, which is what I need. It's the Sharon Camarillo Original Performance Light about halfway down the page.

Heres a pict of my mare for reference. This pict is about 8 months old. She was 5 in this pict.

post-30020-1259250110.jpg

I'm only about 25 mins from the Urbana store, I wish I got there more often so I could see it in person for you! (if its in that store anyway)

It looks pretty darn nice though.

My dad bought me a used Sharon Camarillo saddle. It's 14 years old and a semi-QH tree. I love it! It fits my TB great and it's very comfy. Not to mention it looks great for being in its teens. :smilie:

Idk if its the new ones or what,

but I have a bicycle seat SC courts and the only

complaint I have is the seat is REALLLLY hard, painful really when you first start riding it. More than the normal.

Thats just mine though, idk if they are all like that, but I DEFINITELY wouldn't get another one unless it had a full padded seat.

I owned one for about a year. I didn't like it at all. The seat was too flat and broad,and the skirting was too large which inhibited my horse's ability to bend around a barrel. The tree was made of synthetic materials, and the bars did not sit evenly on my horse. On the other hand, it was extremely easy to sell for just what I had given for it, so lots of people do like it. I had 18 replies to my online ad in the first 24 hours. So, give it a try, and if you don't like it, re-sell it.