Sign in to follow this  
Bumper

It's Winter In Montana

I'm getting chills just thinking about that cold! The coldest it gets around here is probably a high of 10 with a low of -15 or so. And that is usually just for a week in January. I can put up with it, just as long as I have something to cover up my face.

But THAT cold, all winter long... I love Montana, it is beautiful, but I don't think I could survive all winter. Cudos to you Bump and everyone else who can put up with that weather!

Well we don't get below zero temps all winter, they just come and go. Usually about a total of 2-4 weeks of below zero from October to March. Spread that out and it's not terrible. Not FUN, but not terrible, LOL.

We blame the Canadians, eh? Someone up north forgot to shut the back door.

[Crazy]

Bumper

Did you have to share your weather Bumper?

We haven't hit below zero here yet, but I think it's coming. It was 12 this morning. Saw a few cars in the ditch on the way to work this morning as the stuff we had yesterday left a nice snow packed icy glaze on the road. Oh What Fun.

Oh *smoochies* to YOU MM!

I lurves to share!

[ROTFL]

Bumper

[ROTFL]

Over a foot of fluffy, white sparkly this morning. (why does it have to be so pretty?)

One broken shear pin on the snowblower [surrender]

Snowing about an inch an hour now... I came to work where there's plow trucks [Crazy]

Forecast to be 2, count 'em, TWO degrees tonight/tomorrow morning [shocked] Katy will double blanket the pony and put his hood over his snuggie. All the valley schools are closed (except Katy's poor thing!) in Reno/Carson and all around Lake Tahoe.

Don't think I'll be doing much more riding this winter :indifferent:

It seems that all the snow from this storm is way south of us...thank GOD! We were predicted to get up to 8 inches (an earlier prediction) and got maybe 2, which the wind has blown all over the place.

The roads are dry but we've had small ground blizzards for two days. When it gets bad is when it starts to warm up and the snow blows across the roads, then it melts and freezes and we get black ice.

Bumper

Well we Canadians like to share too you know. We don't want to be accused of discrimination. [ROTFL]

Really, you can be selfish and not share...we got a little more than a dusting of snow last night but they are calling for 3-5" tomorrow with high winds and blowing snow all day and into Wednesday. Right now we are under a Winter Storm Watch.