Norcalracer88

Do You Have A Stallion?

True Colours - Your horses are stunning. It's nice to see you around here!!!!

Thank you and thank you! Its nice to see you are on here as well!

Who IS the horse in your avatar? LOVE that picture! ANd your stallion looks like such a doll as well ... :smilie:

Thank you and thank you! Its nice to see you are on here as well!

Who IS the horse in your avatar? LOVE that picture! ANd your stallion looks like such a doll as well ... :smilie:

The horse in my Avator is my Gelding, Desputed Western aka High Octane barn name Weaver. He is the world biggest goof. He wanted the carrot I was holding over my dad shoulders.

Thanks!!! Royal is amazing. He is a stallion you forget is a stallion. He never puts a foot out of place and is so easy to deal with. Royal actually belongs to my very close friend who is like a second dad to me. I do all his promotional stuff becuse his owner is hopeless with computers. [Crazy] We keep our horses together, and always refer to them as our horses, not mine or his. I'm super excited for the babies for next year. :D I will have to post tones of pictures when they are born :D

True Colours - I LOVE Guaranteed Gold! I stumbled across an add for him a few years back and have loved him ever since. At the time I was looking for a stallion that would cross well with my TB/Belgian mare and I had your add bookmarked for a while. I never ended up breeding her, life got in the way, I still plan on doing it sometime in the future, but I doubt you breed to unregistered mares. Either way, he's gorgeous, and he throws some really NICE babies.

He is the world biggest goof. He wanted the carrot I was holding over my dad shoulders

That picture belongs in a calendar ... Its PRICELESS!!! [ROTFL]

True Colours - I LOVE Guaranteed Gold! I stumbled across an add for him a few years back and have loved him ever since. At the time I was looking for a stallion that would cross well with my TB/Belgian mare and I had your add bookmarked for a while. I never ended up breeding her, life got in the way, I still plan on doing it sometime in the future, but I doubt you breed to unregistered mares.

Thank you too! We have bred a lot of unregistered mares to GG for both show and pleasure purposes and in some cases the clients kept them and in other cases they sold them and got respectable money for them

If you ever do decide to breed your mare, I'd love to talk to you about possibly breeding her to GG!

Thanks again

You were right there at the perfect moment with your camera!

That is a PERFECT picture!!! (and I'm sure captures "who" he is perfectly as well!)

KODAK moment for sure ... :grin:

I just purchased a new stallion. He is a coming 3 yr old. He has a few mares that are due this sping. He is a own son of KIDS CLASSIC STYLE. I can't wait to get some babies on the ground from him.

face.jpg

front2_send.jpgright1.jpg

This pictures are from early spring when he had just turned 2

MMN

He's lovely, MMN, but I really can't support the idea of breeding anything with HYPP. Surely good breeders can come up with non-HYPP bloodlines that will set the new standard for halter? That is a dead-end road, after all, right?

N/H means he will still be able to pass on that gene. When will AQHA stop registering N/H horses?

Do you think you will be able to sell him? Or will you geld him before selling him?

Do you feel safe riding him? Do you follow any precautions or have him on a special diet?

LittleCow currently that is what the trend or market is, N/H horses. If I were breeding for ANYTHING other than a halter horse I would NOT be breeding a N/H horse. In all honesty I wish that they would change and rule out N/H horse but they will not do that anytime soon. I do wish the standard of a halter horse would change, I do. But as in any business in order to be competitive you have to have what the consumer wants. For halter horses that is N/H horses.

Aqha will not stop registering N/H horses any time soon. In fact I do not believe they will make that step for many years to come. There is too much money in horses that are already on the ground and they will loose A LOT of registry fees and show entry's if they do that. I just don't see it coming anytime soon. The day I see it I will admit I am wrong.

I will not having ANY issue with selling him. He has half brothers not even half his quality going for $25,000. Selling him will not be a issue. If he produces N/H foals I will geld him and then sell him I have no problem doing that given that is the circumstance I am faced with.

If I could ride I would have absolutely no issue with riding him. He is not currently affected at all with the disease. However if I could ride I would NOT be in the halter horse business I would still be breeding and showing WP and HUS horses. He has had one attack at the cost of his previous owners negligence when let get into feed he wasn't supposed to.

His diet is no different than any of my other show horses other than he does not get alfalfa. Only my yearling colt gets alfalfa though and that is just becuse he is still growing. He gets whole oats, a 14% pellet and a Bermuda/prairie hay mix.

Something Cheri Wolf said on another post about hypp pretty much sums up the way I feel about this topic

Small breeders with their sights on beating the big name breeders and want to raise a World Champion may try to raise better horses, but they are probably not going to raise better halter horses or cutting horses. They probably are not ever going to ever get it done, but more power to them. It is the millions of dollars in purse money that not only makes the professional breeders a living, it also has funded the very research that has discovered all of the genes and genetic tests.

Everyone needs to get practical and 'real'. No one can afford to breed horses that they want to win with and ignore the top lines that are doing the winning. You don't make money breeding losers and you cannot stay in business with horses that are not competitive. Everyone has to draw the line where they can live with it. Most halter horse breeders draw the line at avoided H/H horses and living with N/H stock. If it means feeding grass hay, avoiding sweet feed and supplements with Potassium, then that is a small price to pay for raising a potential World Champion.

If I were trying to raise halter horses, I would not let backyard breeders and recreational horsemen with no breeding program, no goals and no eye on high level competition make me justify why I was breeding the stock I have. I have no problem breeding horses with one copy of the HERDA gene because I have 3 mares that are world class cutting breeding and i am careful not to take any chance on getting a H/H horse. If they were world class halter breeding, I would have to have a discussion with myself if I wanted to have HYPP N/H horses because I would know I had little chance of raising competitive stock without some of them being N/H.

For people who have a day job and only spend money on horses and never have a goal of making money with their horses to criticize every move professional horse breeders or those with hopes of becoming professional breeders is a little disingenuous. It is real easy to criticize when you have no hope of ever making a dollar much less a living with horses.

If you have anyother questions though Little Cow I would be happy to anwser them for you.

MMN

Wow Im really surprised at how many responses this post has gotten! You all have beautiful stallions and foals! Keep them coming I know this isnt all of you that own stallions or have owned!

Thank you for your response and for recognizing that I wasn't attacking you, simply disagreeing. You are in a tough spot. I hope he has N/N foals for you and no future attacks. [Huggy]

i have only been off & on HC this summer (very busy) but i wanted to say Norcal im so happy to see you still have Sassy! i saw her for sale this summer & was worried about you 2! had i not already bought 2 other horses i would have talked to you about me buying her so you could buy her back when you got on your feet. glad to see you guys together! [smiley Wavey]

Well, I have a stallion but he hasn't bred any mares yet and I'm hopeing to get him into some shows before to possibly get some points on him before I breed him.

Drifter is a 2007 stallion and he turns 3 at the end of May this year. He's currently at the barn I work at and I'm hopeing to be able to work more with him and possibly get him into some APHA shows soon. He is HYPP N/N.

Here are a few recent pics of him I took this week at the barn I work at.

Him in his current stall.

Drifter1-11-102.jpg

On the walker with 2 young mares.

Drifter1-11-105.jpg

And a few from this last summer when I got to ride him a bit.

Drifter9-276.jpg

Drifter9-277.jpg

Edited by SpiffyGrl

I have a stalliom too. He is an AQHA chestnut. Shown a little bit in cutting in2006 and won a little money. My money ran out and so did the trainer, so he came home. He had been bred before I bought him but only 3 foals were registered. Paperwork issues with his owner at the time. I have had 4 foals by him ,all fillies. May have one in 2010. I may also geld him as I no longer want to make more babies. I just end up keeping them or getting them back if I see one for sale. I swear if he every has colt I am gonna name it Boomerrang!!

Slick at old trainer in 05

JOEYS3-11-05132.jpg

06 filly now

Gracie11-12-09.jpg

kenneths9-24-09054.jpg

07 filly full sister to 06 filly this filly in started on cattle

4-18-08Daisy010.jpg

o8 filly out of a paint mare I had I had sold the filly. just got her back at Christmas

7-16-09PatPerkins030.jpg

her mama

AngelJPGcrop.jpg

and Willow the 09 full sister to 06 and 07

11-1-09willowmouseroxie041.jpg

here is bling bling just a few weeks old. Is out of my old mare majic and my stud judge.

Picture038.jpg

here is judge. My double reg. apha/ibha dun. Judge was started in barrels, until he hurt his back. after 2 yrs of trying to figure out what was wrong, we found out he did in fact hurt his back and also pinched a nerve in his back leg. So barrel racing, roping and those ideas are out. This pic was taken when he was stall bound.

012.jpg

here is one of us at a local show just after we had the clear to ride western. But only walk trot. This is the show that colt got to see him. we are the ones in the middle

006-5.jpg

Judge will be starting his new season this yr and hopefully will be able to get some more points and such on him. Hopefully he will do good. He has been out of the show ring for the last yr. But is showing much intrest in pleasure.

here is judges latest. Bootie- "don't touch my butt"

vistor041.jpg

here is bling and bootie_found out bling makes a wonderful weaning partner.

vistor141.jpg

Bling has not been started yet. He is two but we want to wait a few more months to actually start him. So he will be jhetts horse once he is trained. Can't wait to see what he will do

Bootie is slated to be shown at some apha shows later this summer.

Thought that I would share our boy :)

*Danaway Sunny - Imported Section D Welsh Cob Stallion

IMG_2299.jpg

He has been amazing showing wise! Winning many championships under saddle and in hand. I started him under saddle and showed him while I was pregnant. Kindest stallion that I have ever shown!

His foals are all the same way! Very easy to train, sweet and so nice to be around. I'm riding his oldest daughter and I just love her!

Here are a few of his foals

IMG_1562.jpg

indy5263333332.jpg

Edited by ponyfan86

I want to play. :( I don't have a stallion any more, but I HAD one and I still have offspring.

Stud: Heza Crown Jewel. By National and World champion Dubs Crown Jewel by Hall of Fame, Double or Nothin.

JnJoey.jpg

Jtrot5-06.jpg

Jroping.jpg

Barrels pic link.

This filly was 5? at time of picture. Diamond

100_1122.jpg

Lilly 3 months

07080024.jpg

Lilly 2 years. (yes that's her foal, don't ask, sore spot, not MY foal, not my Lilly.)

Camera.jpg

Joker 3 months:

Cnv0009.jpg

Joker 3 years w/new owner:

123-1.jpg

Edited by SpottedTApps

Ruby is 5 this year and is my reiner.

102_0320.jpg

P1000142.jpg

8-9-09052.jpg

Mixie, Joker and Lilly are all full siblings. Mixie is 5 and MixedUpTease owns her.

38860014.jpg

6-6-09051.jpg

6-6-09025.jpg

Jade is 4 this year (pics taken at 3) and is now owned by Apps4Life.

DSCN3420.jpg

7-27-09017-1.jpg

j5.jpg

Stars, Thor appears to be coming along quite nicely... He's Looking Good...

[smiley Wavey]

Thanks! He'll get there. lol Just takes time.

~stars

Thank you so much Fastfilly! Yes I still have her and I love her to death. I couldnt imagine selling her after everything we've been through and how far we have come. Although I am starting to think she may not make a barrel horse after all. She just doesnt seem to have the speed in her. She would much rather take a nice trail and poke around. =( I'll go into more depth on her thread later. BACK TO THE GORGEOUS STUDS!

RacingQH your stud is absolutly gorgeous, he throws some nice looking babies.

Stars- your boy is looking great!!!

ponyfan- Your cob stud is super good looking!

here is judges latest. Bootie- "don't touch my butt"

vistor041.jpg

Cute baby, very cute...but what's with the knee on the horse to the left?! I was just looking at the picture and then WHOAH it was there