meekie

Internet Friends Who Ride

Skipa- thanks for all the good thoughts. glad you had such a lovely ride. I cannot wait to get back into the saddle! I know people suck! LOL hope your enjoying your weather. we still have wind... people have fences blown away all over town lol. at moms the gas tanks got blown off the towers so that will be a fun mess to clean up, trailers got knocked off the jacks and the neighbors have a brand new water tank laying in the middle of a field and lets just say they will not be able to use it again! it is bad!!!! stupid wind! I hate it!

AD- geez! 18 in. of snow! that is crazy! Hope you are staying warm with some hot cocoa! I like the name Vision, I won't know for sure until I see her what I want to name her but thank you for the ideas! :)

YRT- that sounds like fun! I've never been to a event like that before. glad you had fun! I'm doing okay... will update more in a sec. when I get caught up lol

Shy- thanks for the nice thoughts! Hope you have a lovely week too!

Well nothing new and exciting to update on! :( BP is pretty much normal now.... 148/78 :) got checked today and only a fingertip dilated :( but he said I'm still shrinking so Ryder is descending farther down! yay. and my cervix is softening so that is great news as well. Hoping things progress quickly because I am soooo ready for him to be here!

As far as the filly goes... I haven't heard from Jasmine if she even looked at her or not, so just waiting to hear back and see what she thought of her... see if she is worth the 18 hour drive to get. then I will go from there. I gotta find a way to get her now! ugh! and we have the 17th to get her so St. Pattys day and that is it. I'm getting pretty anxious about it. because I know she is the one for me to get and I just love her! I want her out in MY pasture with the rest of the girls! haha anyways, so I'm just waiting to hear back. as far as I know, she is mine. just gotta send money and go get her! ahhh!

Have a good day all! Will update later! :jump:

eta: I just thought of the perfect name... coming from ADs' vision... DREAMER!!!! :happy0203:

Edited by BabiGirl90

AD- I think that is the first time I have heard you talk of a 2 hr delay. Yikes. Hope your day was ok.

YR- cute pic on FB.

Babi- yikes, I hate the wind. It can do so much damage. It is nuts that spring is just around the corner and everybody is getting crappy weather. Glad you are feeling great. Waiting is so hard.

Skipa- glad your friend is ok. I hope your other friends settle down. Life can be so interesting.

Shy- good to hear from you. Glad the horses like the snow. Ours do too. I don't mind them playing hard as long as it is just snow. Too often we have ice under the snow. Then I become a worry wart.

Had parent teacher conferences tonight. It is always a long day but a good one. Nice to visit with all the parents. I have a rash on my neck and my chest. Agh. Hubby went out and got me some meds for it. Hopefully it will be gone by the am. We have parent teacher conferences again so it will be a long day if I am all itchy. Have a great day.

This is not a great picture since I took it going down the road in my car..

HPIM3425.jpg

this road was plowed at 4 pm the day before.. this is another 8 inches 16 hours later.. Multile stuck busses..

This is the kittend from last July.. Spooky and Powder

HPIM3397.jpg

Had a great time at work today! Got to drive and had to do my route and help out another one that could not do hers since she was buried at the end of a road..

AD

:smileywavey: Hey y'all! SUNSHINE AND 70 - LOVE IT, LOVE , LOVE IT! We're heading towards 80 - tomorrow I believe! I've spent all the time I could outside today! Got my barn chores caught up. Just waiting to go back and feed. Got some wash done - it's NEVER ending! Hope everyone has had a good day so far!

YELLOWROSE - Hope your workday was good! Has your weather improved? Hope y'all are getting some sunshine and warmer temps too!

BABI - Hope your weather has settled down a little bit - all that wind - NOT good! The wind caused quite a mess around you! Glad your BP is still down - that's a good sign! Guess that sweet little baby boy is just happy where he is at the moment! It won't be long!!!!! DREAMER - I like!

AD - LOVE the pic - looks really pretty - that's A LOT of snow - GEEZE! PLUS, you're driving in it! That amazes me - I couldn't handle it! Seems like it would be hard to know where the road is! Be careful out there girl! LOVE those sweet kitties!

KIDS - Yep - life CAN be interesting sometimes - for sure! Jean said she was frustrated because she felt like Jasmine was getting picked on - WELL....she did kick Dakota and Mary Ellen did say (out loud) that she was keeping her distance - I rode beside Jean BUT at a safe distance - I wasn't setting Sugar up to take a hit - we didn't unleash on Jean by any means or blame her or even Jasmine for what happened - it was horses being horses - she go upset with Jasmine, I think, and frustrated with herself. Hopefully, she'll come around. We've all told her we'd be happy to ride with Jasmine again - there's nothing to be upset about! Hope your rash is better! And, hope the conferences are going well! I know that makes for a long, tiring day!

:smileywavey: SHY, MEEKIE, BOBBIN, GRACE_C, SPIFFY - Hope y'all are well! I'll check back later. Need to head back outside for a while! :winking:

Hi-I had a great day at work then ran to the bank and the grocery store.Now I am relaxing watching some tv.The dogs are having fun running around the yard.I killed a big scorpion at my boss's house.I need to dust but I don't wanna!!!!

Skipa-Our weather has been some sun and gray skies and windy,I thought my boss's house was gonna blow away!And it 70 here too.I agree with you on the laundry too but will do it tomorrow.Sounds like you enjoyed your day and you got to be outside!Know how you love to be outside!!!

AD-That is pretty!And the kitties are too cute!

Babi-How are you doing?

Kids-Thanks,Socks is a real lover,she loves attention!

Hi to everyone else!

:happy0203: Hey again! Hope everybody had a great day! It was so warm and nice today! I'm gonna cry if winter shows up - even for a day! Got the horses fed and out with their hay - it's still in the 60's - the horses love it

YELLOWROSE - Glad you had a good day! You got lots done! Our temps are so alike - I've really enjoyed this mild winter - wonder if that means a horrific, hot summer???? I'll be complaining for sure when the temp hits the 100's with miserably high humidity! YIKES - it's scorpion time again! We're probably going to have a buggy summer since we had no winter! I really do enjoy being outside IN THE SUNSHINE! The only thing that would be better....BEING OUT ON THE TRAILS WITH SUGAR!

Y'all have a peaceful night! I'll check in tomorrow to see what everybody has been up to! :winking:

Evening-I took a shower and then fed the dogs and cooked our dinner.We had pepperoni pizza.I need to get new tennis shoes,found a couple of holes in mine,hoping to get my gas money at the end of my week!I just couldn't pass up a hershey's choc bar with caramel in it,yumm!

Skipa-I agree with you,I like this weather!Now if I can get to the barn this weekend to get horses wormed and throw some dietemacious earth on them!

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening and I will check back tomorrow!

I got a couple of evals done today..had to go down a road and check out a stop for a sped route...It wasn't plowed down the road! There was 18 inches of snow in the roadway and there I was in my two wheel drive car! Found the house turned around and pronto before I was sucked into the wintery landscape and got the heck off that road! Mind you I was in my Caddi which is two wheel drive! I of course said NO to the stop when I called in.. "Not until April!" :twitch: Unless of course they plowed the road...:happy0203: Stupid people....

Well I have to drive again tomorrow :rolleye0014: seems like Dispatch keeps forgetting that we get fined for using staff and let 6 drivers off tomorrow!:thud: But hey! Its just my kind of weather ..we should get somemore snow in tonight!:lol: gosh I love my job! At least driving I will have tomorrow afternoon off..get some bills paid..

Oh and HAPPY LEAP YEAR! We are up to almost 11 hours of daylight :yahoo: Can't wait for daylight savings time coming up pretty soon!

AD

:smileywavey: Hey y'all! It's in the mid-70's today - WOW! Cloudy though - rain tonight and into tomorrow morning I think. Oh well....

YELLOWROSE - I love the warm temps but we seem to be getting a good bit of rain along with the warmth! That is going to mess up our riding plans for the weekend. There's a promise for rain on Saturday anyhow. Mary Ellen suggested we plan on going to the auction - sounds like a plan to me! Hope you get some horse time in! I couldn't do without mine - it keeps me out of padded rooms!:crazy:

AD - Glad you didn't get stuck on that road - you know how to handle a vehicle in that stuff. Bet ya I would have gotten stuck! NO LET ME TAKE THAT BACK - I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN DRIVING DOWN THAT ROAD IN THE FIRST PLACE! hahaha :lol: You're something, girlfriend!

SPIFFY - Heard about Joplin, MO - what a horror! Glad you are safe and sound! Saw the pic of you and Drifter on FB!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Y'all be careful and stay safe!

Hey everyone. :smileywavey:

Been kinda busy and haven't really got on much lately.

Skipa: What happened in Joplin?? Did they get hit again? They had an EF5 hit them last year and it's still in the news, but I haven't heard anything hitting them recently.

Yup, Drifter's kinda outta shape. The wind didn't help, but maybe it'll help get him back into shape. Lol.

:ashamed0002: SPIFFY - my friend said Joplin but there was storm damage in Branson - I think she may have seen what happened in Joplin last year as they were reporting the recent storm - when I saw your post I went back and looked for myself - sorry for the confusion.

Evening-I had to run and pay the land taxes today,then I had came home.Matt came with his trailer.We decided to give him my 98 GMC Scierra because he has access to people who can help him get it running.The computer had gone out and hubby had bought a used one and it didn't work and he didn't want to keep barreling money into it so we gave it to Matt.

Skipa-Our weather hit 72 today and tomorrow they say we are gonna hit 80!I am gonna stop by the Dollar Store and see what shampoo and conditioners they have.Then I am gonna go to Beall's to see if they have some tennis shoes I can afford,haha!Sorry about you not being able to ride,maybe the rain will go away sooner than they think!

Spiffy-Hey girl,saw you rode Drifter!YAY :yahoo:

Ad-Sounds like you are one busy lady,even driving your caddy out in the snow,haha!

Babi-You doing okay?

I will check in later!

Edited by yellow rose twister

Not really! Sitting here crying my eyes out. It seems like anytime I get something good going, something bad has to mess it up. I'm not getting that filly. Simply because I cannot make a road trip over to see her. and Jasmine has not contacted me. Oh well, this filly has an old injury and I don't know if she will always be "sound" on it. So I just want to give up on my dream. It feels like anytime I think I find "the one" it gets shot to heck. So I don't know. I'm really depressed now. All I want is to follow my dreams and I just keep getting slapped in the face. maybe it's just not meant to be. ever.

:mecry: So I told that lady that if anyone else wants her then to just sell her :mecry:

and Brandon I am ready to strangle. I feel like we should be spending as much time together as possible cuz it won't be just US much longer and yet here he sits playing on his game. I feel so unwanted. I have no friends, noone ever talks to me anymore or just texts me or anything. I'm just so depressed! I got out of the house yesterday but it was just for a malt with my cousin so not that big of a deal, it made me feel better yesterday... today back to being depressed. :mecry:

Babi-The right horse will find you. Don't worry. And don't give up on your dream-things will not always be this way. And hello!?!? We're not your friend anymore! Hurtful!! :winking: It will be OK. :huggy: :huggy: :huggy: :huggy: :huggy: :huggy:

Hey everybody. I have decided the hardest part of raising kids it letting go. Bronc boy flew to Texas today to see a friend. He will be home on Mon. He is 18 now but still my baby and this is the first time he has ever flown. He is having a blast.

Our weather is nasty. High winds and snow today that was whiteout at times because of the wind. It was warm enough just a trace stuck around. The snow has stopped but the wind is howling. It is such a damp cold wind. Enough of my whining. I had my last meeting tonight and tomorrow is our last day this week. :happy0203: I get to go to the barn tomorrow after work. Haven't been there in 3 days. I am having horse with drawl. My daughter has been cleaning stall and soaking Snugs foot for me. I hope she is sound when I get to the barn tomorrow night.

Babi- it is just hormones that are making everything seem so bad. Hang in there. After the baby comes and your hormones settle down things won't seem as bad. If things get much worse go and talk to your Dr. We are thinking of you. Take care.

Spiffy- we had the wind today also. It was nuts. We had snow too. Yucky day. Glad you got to ride. I am jealous.

YR- aren't taxes a joy.

Skipa- glad you had a beautiful day. I hope you got out and enjoyed it. I hope you dont get the rain tomorrow and can enjoy another beautiful day.

AD- love the kitty pics.

Hi Grace

Have a great Thur all.

Babi-I am so sorry,but if it was meant to be it would happen.Sorry about not having enough support,that happens with a young spouse,and we are always here for you,please know that!Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Kids-Where in Texas is Bronc boy?I bet he is having alot of fun here!I hope you get to ride soon.And Yeah don't like having to pay them but gotta do it!Sorry you are having nasty weather,to bad you couldn't go with Bronc Boy!

Hope everyone is doing fine and I will check in later!

I sure feel bad for all the people in the tornado area....doesn't it seem early in the year for that to be happening?

Babi - You are so close to bringing Ryder home and so many things are changing in your life. Your emotions are just on a roller coaster right now and it is very normal to feel this way. Every mother goes through this but it WILL pass and things WILL even out very soon. Just focus on your own health and the baby that is on it's way. Men have no clue, he is there with you and to him, that is what he is supposed to do and believe me, he doesn't even know what's coming his way! It's all YOU right now and that's all that matters, nurture yourself, keep your mind and body in a calm place for the delivery of Ryder, it will be so worth it! There will be another horse and another chance for you to have your other dreams. Hugs to you, and God Bless!

Hey everyone haven't been on in forever. Lots of good and bad has happened but so is life. My oldest (7 yr old) got very sick and she was almost admitted to the hospital on Friday, and yesterday was the frist day with a a normal temp, and she hasn't been in school in a week and a half. We are going to try and send her tomorrow to see how it goes. She's one tuff little girl that is for sure.

Horse stuff is normal. The girls start their Jr rodeos in April and Bailey is running our mare Molly. (She was leased for college rodeo about 6 yrs ago.) Brandi is riding Jr b/c well she won't ride anyone else. LOL!

Everyone take care!

Skipa: It's ok. Don't take an aweful lot to confuse me. Lol.

Yellow Rose: Yup, we fought the wind the whole time too. Just confirms the 'old' man is a bit outta shape. Don't help that he shedding more then Spiffy is right now and she's pregnant!!!

Jamie: Maybe a Spiffy/Drifter baby is what you need. ;) They probably don't have the bloodlines you've been wanting, but they have everything else including heart. And the want to please their owner. :)

Don't worry about everything going 'wrong'. It'll just stress you out and cause more problems. Just relax and let things slide until after Ryder gets here.

Kids: Aaahhhh, the dredded 'empty nest syndrom'. Lol. It'll be fine. I'm sure my parents will be hit hard by it when I finally move out. They won't know what to do OR where anything is! Even if they just had it! Lol.

You'll get to ride. Atleast you have an indoor to ride in. My rides depend strickly on the weather and if it wants to behave.

We'll I'm doing this on my phone and probably should get to sleep, so I'll say G'night.

Babi- it is just hormones that are making everything seem so bad. Hang in there. After the baby comes and your hormones settle down things won't seem as bad. If things get much worse go and talk to your Dr. We are thinking of you. Take care.

Kids is right.. women go through this change.. once the kid is here you'll be overwelmed with joy and so tired you will forget about the horse and wonder when your next full night of sleep will be.. Babys are lots of work and need lots of love.. Brandon will come around.. He might be afraid to say anything to you in your delicate state...Men withdraw and are afraid too..They just don't SHOW it as much... Just think.. Menapause is worse!:rotf:

So a life time on the rollercoster us old hens call LIFE...The right horse will COME.. I can help you out finding the right bloodlines too.. Do some research for you when the time comes..You have your HC family and HC friends.. who needs anyone else!B)

We had "SNOW SHOWERS TODAY" with another 6 inches of snow! Ever wonder what we call a "WINTER STORM"?:unsure: Have to get up early tomorrow and drive again..... Worked late.. driver got stuck...:blink:

AD

Edited by Alaskandraft

:smileywavey: Hey y'all! IT IS SO NICE OUTSIDE - 82 today - :yahoo::yay::happy0203: - the rain has ended for a time and THERE IS SUNSHINE!!!!! That's what I've been missing! This weather is just crazy but I've been a happy camper this winter for sure! Wonder what our summer has in store for us?????

YELLOWROSE - I hate tax time - and it's that time of year AGAIN! UGGGG! Bet Matt was surprised with his gifts! WOW - that was nice of y'all! Bet he'll get the GMC fixed right up! It's nice to know people who can work on vehicles! Y'all are having the same weather we're getting! I'm gonna LOVE it today! We had rain last night around 9 - didn't get much though and the storms they were talking about fizzled out before they got to SC - WHEW - glad of that! We only got a trace of rain - naturally - my horses were IN! :confused0024:

BABI - I know what you are going through - I have a good memory! Anyhow, you've gotten some good advice from our family and they are right - this is temporary - you are going to meet Ryder and everything else will take a back seat! We're here and we love ya! AD can fix you right up with a GREAT barrel prospect! She knows her stuff!!! Sending hugs :huggy: :huggy: .....we'll all be right here for you! Afterall, you're our BABI GIRL!

KIDS - I know how you feel - we'll always be a MOM - letting go IS the hardest part of raising our kids! They may be out of sight, but they are NEVER out of mind, though! Hope Bronc Boy has a FUN time in TX! Hate that your weather has been disagreeable - at least y'all aren't covered up in snow - AND IT'S MARCH TODAY! AD is experiencing winter in a BIG way (but she LOVES snow!) but most of us have escaped the worst of it altogether! There can't be much cold left - it's March - course it came in like a lamb here?????

Oh grief - did I just jinx us???? Ya really NEVER know -- :unsure:

BELLE - I know what you mean - it does seem early for tornados and bad storms - all the warm/unstable air I guess - scary! I feel so bad for all those people that are living the horror and devistation, too!

GRACE - Hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods! What's your weather doing?

DUNS - HEY GIRL! SOOOO sorry to hear about your sweet daughter! Glad she is on the mend. Was it a viral issue or bacterial? That had to be so frightening! Bless her heart - so happy she's feeling better! I know the girls have to be MORE than excited about JR Rodeo season! Can't wait to hear ALL about it! That's so exciting - I remember those days - SO special, for sure! That is too funny about Brandi and JR!

SPIFFY - I STAY confused and apparently so do my friends who report things to me!!!:rotf: So happy your weather has been agreeable enough for you to enjoy riding Drifter! HEY....I WANT A SPIFFY/DRIFTER BABY! I'm so excited - can't wait to meet you next little treasure!

AD - Yeah....If y'all aren't having a WINTER STORM, explain to us just what a WINTER STORM is!!?? You have such a good sense of humor - you make us smile! I'd sure want YOU driving MY kids back and forth to school on those roads - GAH! You have A LOT of experience under your belt - WOW! How do the NEW drivers cope? Seems like it would take a long time to get used to driving a huge vehicle over snow and ice!

Of course, if you teach them I know you cover all the bases - still though - that has to be scary!

Well, off I go out in the SUNSHINE - better enjoy it while I can! We've pretty much decided we can't ride Saturday - bummer - RAIN again - but Mary Ellen and I are heading to the auction! That's always entertaining - don't need anything - good thing.....no money!:lol: Y'all have a WONDERFUL day and I'll check in later to see what everybody has been up to! Everybody take care and stay safe!

Alaska: You can just keep that white stuff on your side of the country. I rather like the weather we've been getting here in good ol' Missouri lately. A bit windy, but at 60+ I don't mind it being windy. Lol!

Skipa: I'm sure we can arrange a Spiffy/Drifter baby for you, someday. Lol! I'm actually hopeing my Brother-in-law will go for the deal I told my sis about Sunday. Since they got screwed over by our ex-BIL, I told her that they could give me like $200 for this baby and keep it here. I know this baby will have the temperment they need for the kids and I won't screw them over. After this baby, the waiting list can be dealt with. Lol!

Grace- of course you guys are my friends!!! Just wish I lived closer to any of you guys! you guys have been there for me more than my friends here... is what I mean!! :huggy:

Kids- oh he's going to have a blast! when I was in TX me and my mom got stuck in a truck stop for 2-3 days and we had come in at night, turns out we were like a block away from the QH museum and didn't even know it. we drove by it on the way out. i was DEVASTATED! I'm having a worse horsey withdrawal than you!!!! :( haha at least my Bella girl missed me last time I seen them! stinkers! Hope Snugs is doing okay! haha we can blame the hormones but i'm not going to! and thanks :)

YRT- thanks. I know I know. it just isn't meant to be. in a way I'm kinda glad too... cuz it was starting to stress me out! I just don't want to make myself short where I'm not working till the end of May. he's not young tho! haha he is 30! he just acts like he's 18! grr guys are lame lol

Belle- thank you for all the kind words. this however is not Brandons' first baby, he has been thru this before.

Jasmine- you came here with no pictures?!? shame on you! I already told you this but hope your lil one gets to feeling better soon!

Heather- noo Spiffy/Drifter is not what I'm looking for, I've already got plenty of those out in my pasture haha! but they are going to make a beautiful baby! that is so nice of you to do that for your B-I-L! They will love that for sure! I hope you get some color with this baby! and I'm trying to just relax, guys are dumb! lol

AD- I found the right bloodlines. she is exactly what I want... out of a good barrel line mixed with some running TB.... perfect! exactly what I want, but apparently just timing is OFF. and I've been researching. and a child is not going to stop me from chasing my barrel racing dream. I want that so bad and being a mom isn't going to slow me down, I'm only going to try harder and as soon as he can ride, Ryder will be right there with me! and then I'm going to have myself a little cowgirl later on in a few years to do some barrel racing with! :happy0203: something my parents never did for me. sure they got me a horse to ride but as far as taking me to compete, and support me in barrel racing... forget it. :( it really makes me upset because I know I could be alot farther if I had someone to support me with my dream. now I am all on my own, sure Brandon is my support but that is about it. no one else cares or wants to support me! I'm sorry your getting so much snow! boo! we have nothing! today would be a perfect day to be riding! it's lovely outside!

Skipa- you lucky duck! sounds like lovely weather! now go enjoy it! Yes, I will find the right barrel horse. I just hope that Promise will get me started in the right direction.... :) :huggy:

Update here:

My bp is still the same 148/88. Ryder hasn't been moving much so told the nurse today, she checked me out and said he's dropped even farther into the pelvis sooo hopefully soon now! I was having contractions 10 mins. apart last night! they hurt so I was hoping it was baby time but I fell asleep LOL

I'm kinda glad things didn't go well with that filly. She has a old injury and apparently it is a hard lump, I don't think that it is a good thing and I don't know if she could hold up in barrel racing. So in a way its a good thing things didn't work out.... I'm just hoping that Promise is going to be "the one" I've been waiting for. That will make life soo much easier! haha She is getting sent to Andrea in April so I can get some pretty good riding time on her before I head back to work. I hope anyways, that is my plan!

Candy will be heading to the stud (Geralds paint stud) the end of April... so I'm hoping to get some good riding time on her too. I'm still kinda mad at my friend because she was told by a vet not to be riding her older mare because her back is messed up, like so bad she can't even be bred. so what do I see... her riding her at work (sale barn) I told her I don't know how many times that she can use Candy... yet she's riding that poor old mare, I wanted to rip her off that horse and smack her! anyways, I think its bs. but not my horse so not much I can say/do about it.

Anyways, just hanging out. hoping to go have supper with my baby tonight in bluffs (30 mins away) at this restaurant that does all homemade food and they make AMAZING chicken fried steaks mmm delicious!

ETA: I want something young as a prospect because I've seen and heard so many bad stories about people buying stuff that is already "broke" in barrels, I just don't trust it (it as in buying something already broke in barrels) like, drugged, being bad in the alleyway, rearing, lame, etc... with a prospect the worse that can happen is it not be a barrel horse then you put miles on it and find something else! and I want to train it myself.

Edited by BabiGirl90

Good Evening-Had a great day at work then ran to Beall's and found some black and pink Asics tennis shoes,yay!Came home and took pics of the horses as they were right by the house.Hubby and I went to the quail pen and he fed them and then we let the dogs run back,they enjoyed that!

Babi-I hope you are feeling better today and sorry I thought he was younger for some reason.And as far as the horse I think if it were me purchasing a horse that had something wrong I would probably have said no.I know how you feel thoughIt is so hard when everything seems to be perfect,and then it's not.

Skipa-Our weather got to 76 yay!Hubby and I are running aound in shorts :happy0203: But I did buy some new tennis shoes that I like and am happy they are the same brand as my last pair.

Ad-Hi!

Spiffy-The horses came up by the house today and they are looking good except the rescue horse who is looking good but his hair is brown from him rolling when it rained :shocked: And his hair is so thick.

I am really gonna try to get them in and get some horsey time in!Lots of work to do on them!Well I will check back in a few!

Edited by yellow rose twister

YR- Bronc boy is in Houston area. He called today and it having a blast. How far are you from Houston?

I made it through the week. It was a great week, just long days. Got on Snugs and walked a lot. She is still off at the trot. Very subtle but still off. I treated her foot. It will just take some time. Stupid weather man.One station says 8.5 in of snow but the other station says a trace to 3 inches. I vote for it to miss us. I have errands i want to run tomorrow and I don't want to have to deal with high winds again. Will try to catch up tomorrow.

Kids-I am four hours away from Houston and about 45 minutes away from San Antonio.So happy to hear he is having such a good time!

I cooked fried chicken with noodles and hubby made gravy o go with it.It really was good!My son has to borrow my Rav tomorrow because his tire keeps going flat but it's okay,I have the Dodge to drive if I need it!I just need to get my sunglasses and cd's!

Well I will check back in a few!

Morning-It is 66 amd cloudy right now,supposed to be 80!Not sure what I am gonna do today maybe in the afternoon I will head to the barn and get some pics of the horses all cleaned up!I also need to do some house cleaning,what to do,haha!The dogs are in the yard enjoying the coolness of the moring.They are playing chase with their toys.

Hi to everyone-Hope you all are having a great day!

:happy0203: Morning y'all! I just got an email from BOBBIN and she is having the same problem I had a while back when she tries to log in to HC - it won't accept her username and password. I emailed Nikki and I know she'll be able to work through the problem. I wonder why that happens sometimes??? BOBBIN wanted everybody to know why she hasn't checked in. I'll be back later and I'll catch up then -- y'all have a wonderful day!

Jamie: It was only a suggestion, since both Spiffy and Drifter took to barrels like they'd been doing them their entire life! Neither really have barrel blood lines, but they both have racing blood lines with a little cow horse bloodlines thrown in, and Drifter has halter bloodlines but he doesn't show them with his good temperment. FYI most halter horses I've seen were snobby, rude, and spoiled horses who got away with murder.

Yellow Rose: The rescue horse will take some time to lose his winter coat. Once he gets back to complete and full health you'll see a MAJOR difference in his coat and overall body! Just hang in there with him and he'll look as good as the others!

Kids: I hope the snow misses you and that Snugs' foot heals good and fast. :smilie:

Skipa: Thanks for letting us know about Bobbin. Hope she can get everything fixed and get back on.

Just kinda veggin' out today. I was gonna wash my truck off a little, but it rained last night and a cold front moved in. So it's too cold for me to stand outside with cold water and wash my truck off. It's okay though. I'll just play online for a bit then go work on my newest knitting. I found a new pattern I'm trying on a blanket. It's supposed to be for a baby sacque, but I'm missing the rest of the directions for it. So I'll just make a blanket from the pattern. Lol!

Hey All.......I am back on! :yay: I was stuck out in cyber not able to log on with my usual password. Weird.

Skipa: Thanks for your help! Good thing we have each other's email address. You are having some awesome, sunny, warm weather. Riding too! Good for you! We have had cold, rain, and snow for the last few days. I can't wait to ride. The horses are shedding like crazy and it should be getting to the point of Spring. I can't wait.

Meekie:I did see your new TV and flowers. Very nice. Isn't it nice to have the TV mounted on the wall? Lets you have more room in the house.

AD: Keep that white stuff where you are. Don't let it slip my way. :happy0203:

Yellow Rose: I saw your pics on Facebook. Doesn't look like your horses have their winter coats anymore. Hope it is warming up for you guys.

Spiffy, Babi, Shy...... :smileywavey: