meekie

Internet Friends Who Ride

:smileywavey: Hey y'all! This week is moving by swiftly! Guess that's a good thing because THE WEEKEND IS ALMOST HERE!:yahoo: I'm going to get my barn chores done then see what the afternoon may bring my way! I'm planning on cleaning the hardwood floor at the front entry to the house. Been wanting to REALLY clean it for a while - always putting it off. Hope everyone is off to a GREAT Thursday!

YELLOWROSE - SOOOOOO happy the Vet gave Socks and her pups a clean bill of health -- that's super!!!!! I know it's a relief to know they are all doing well! It's going to be fun watching the babies grow! Puppies are so cute and so much fun to watch when they play! Today will be Luck's third day on the herbs....I'm Praying the treatment works for her. She looks good and seems 'better' to me (which tells me the other med I had her on had to be working - hope I didn't do the wrong thing by switching treatments - I guess I can always go back to the other if she doesn't keep improving on this med). I'm so hoping this will help her. I do trust the Company and I know they helped Iggy. It's wait and see I guess - frustrating....

AD - Glad you got another driver trained - you seem to have such a stressful schedule to deal with at work - you are just too talented girl! They are lucky to have you!!! Sounds like winter is on the agenda - snow already - 20's and 30's and 10 at night :twitch: - that's enough to scare ME! We're in the hi 70's to 80 and hi 40's to 50's at night - that's pretty much my comfort zone!!!!!

FLYING STARS - Sounds like your horses are in good shape to face winter (UGH! It's coming!). Molly sure looks good. I like the in your pocket horses - my Skip is like that! SUCH personality! I think it will just take time and TLC for Princess. She's in good hands now - that will make all the difference in the world. You take care of yourself! Can't wait to see your pics!

Okay - off I go to face the day! Y'all have a super day and I'll check back later to see what's going on! :winking:

Hi-Lastnight hubby went and picked his friend up so he can help him with work.And both my sons came over to visit for awhile.I have to go into town today to pick some stuff up for my Mom and mail it out to her.I am doing some laundry and just kinda waking up.Guess I will take chicken out for dinner.

Skipa-I too need to clean the wood floors but am out of the cleaner so will need to pick some up while I am in town today.I would just try the stuff and crosses fingers for you that it works for Luck!Do you have any plans for the wekend yet?The weather is sunny and cool here,I think we had a cold front blow in.

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Skipa, here is Princess!

IMAG0925.jpg

IMAG0919.jpg

Going to work out those last few stinking burr's..

IMAG0930.jpg

Gunner, grabbing a few quick bites before he knows his usual spot! haha

IMAG0933.jpg

Evening-I went into town had to buy sme cat food from TSC for Panda.Then went to HEB to get Mom's prescription only to find out they didn't have it and it won't be there til after 10 am so I have to make another trip tomorrow.I did buy the floor cleaner,I had to couldn't stand the dirty floor!The stuff I got I really like!It did a nice job.I changed the puppy sheet and then Socks came out to visit with me and sat in my lap!I made chicken for dinner with french fries.I fed the dogs and they are relaxing.

FS-Your horses are pretty!

Everyone else-Hope all is going well for you all!!!

:smileywavey: Hey girls! Got a call from Sallie and I went to watch the store for her so she could go to the doctor. Worked from 1 till 5:45 then a friend called and I met her in town at the Mexican Restaurant - had my usual....CHIMICHANGA! YUM! I'm finishing up with some laundry. Glad tomorrow is Friday! Mary Ellen and I are going to meet up with 3 other riding buds Saturday. Don't know where we'll go yet. We'll ride then go to lunch! Sounded like a plan to me! Still waiting to hear about Sunday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

YELLOWROSE - I had planned on going to TSC but had to get to the feed store. I'm going tomorrow. Glad Socks and her puppies are doing well - it's neat that you could be off this week so you could watch out for them. I know that gave you peace of mind. I had a chicken chimichanga tonight! Hope you have a fun weekend coming up! We're supposed to have NICE weather and I can't wait to RIDE!:jump:

FLYING STARS - I LOVE Princess! She has a sweet face! It looks like she's happy - that's a good first step! Gunner has some chrome!! He reminds me of Skip! You've got some pretty horses girl! Thanks for the pics!!

I'll check in on y'all tomorrow....been a long day!:winking:

Well tomorrow no buses are running, BUT I have to get some of the new trainees through chain-up and let them drive the other buses they weren't trained in so they know how they handle and where the switches are.. People coming in to do the safety meeting they missed and just stuff to do. Time to pick up the training course before the orange cones freeze into the ground. Taking the pick-up tomorrow so we can just throw them in one quick motion and take them to the garage.

We now have enough drivers to cover routes :yahoo: YEA! Ron called me today and told me he had a bear ready for me to pick -up and do... FINALLY I'll have my mad money to play with again.. It does seem like I stay on the same speed all the time.. Lots to do tomorrow before I can out of there by 4 Pm. Have to go shopping after work.

AD

School buses , I sure am going to have to remember what times they go..so I don't get stuck behind them! Most drivers

pull over and let you by!

AD- You tan hides? :happy0203:

Skipa! Thank you..Princess is a sweetheart for the most part..hard to believe that it will be a year Feb 28th since

she first came here! She walked up to hubby last night..something she don't normally do. So perhaps it's a turning point and

shes realizing that we are not going to harm her. Gunner, has chrome..a real sweetie to train, soft and easy going.

Molly on the other hand is my spitfire..haha..As her to do something easy? She'll shake her head and dance..and then go..13-14 more weeks

and my baby will be here ( 2 legged one ). Some recovery time..and then Molly and Princess are going to experience some work every day of the

week. Gunner? He's an old hat I swear! Would never think he's a 2 1/2 year old.

He's like his daddy...laid back n sweet..his sire never was broke to ride..but so easy to handle and I bet he could still be trained without

a problem!

Anyhow, sorry for the novel..kids are awakening upstairs...Pellet stove is being picked up..and a friend and myself are going shopping for the day!

Hunting for some material..fish to restock my fish tank...My Angel is lonely!

Finally?

Looking for a Camera!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! :smileywavey:

Neesha says Hi as well!!

IMAG0929.jpg

Edited by Flying Stars

Afternoon-I need to get going here in a bit!I am just going to be running into town for a few things and then back home to clean,might try to pick up some pizza for dinner.I am sure we will have some company this weekend.Maybe I can get to the barn this weekend,we will see!

Skipa-Sounds like you are gonna have a wonderful weekend.And mexican sounds good!I am sure you will figure something out for on sunday,I would go if we lived closer,haha!

Hope you all are having a wonderful friday!

Evening-I went to town and got Mom's prescription and sent it out to her.Then ran around and got some stuff done.Then came home and chilled awhile.Went and got my haircut and saw Justin the guy that boought Twister and he told me he sent Twister to a trainer for a month.We are making chicken enchiladas and spanish rice for dinner!

Where is everyone?

YR- the puppies are so cute. Congrats!

FS- great pics. Thanks for sharing. The horses and puppies (all dogs are puppies)are so cute!

AD- sounds like you are as busy as always. You make sure you keep the door shut up there for awhile. We are finally getting a little bit of rain. We need it to keep coming in the form of rain for awhile so just keep all that white stuff and cold up there. :happy0203:

Skipa- I love your pics on FB. Glad you are getting to ride. We were suppose to go and camp but got rained out. May try to go tomorrow if they open the trails. We shall see.

Did you all feel the earth tilt? Hubby agreed to go camping with me this weekend with another couple. AND he wanted me to bring a horse for him. :shocked: Yup. Could have knocked me over with a feather. So of course it rains. Camping is a no go. My friends hubby is a farmer and he was only going if he got the crops out. Of course he didn't because of the rain. So, no men are going. We girls might go if they open the trails later tomorrow. If not hopefully a day ride on Sun.

I'll try and get pictures tomorrow of Tynees kittens and the puppies. Their eyes are opening! So cute !

I worked hard today and got lots done at work :yahoo: Hubby decided to stay home this weekend and help me clean up the yard and get us ready better for winter.. We need to get some wood in and finish off some stuff we have been putting off. We also have been invited to a b-day party at my friends house. Its her B-day today...her husbands tomorrow...and her daughters Sunday...:happy0203: So dinner at her house..

Well I better get to bed.. hubby rented Dark Shadows the movie.. Its kinda cute..I love Johnny Depp movies.. he is such a good actor..

AD

Well, had a sort of eventful day yesterday.

Went shopping..found the kids some much needed shoes! Had Brookes feet measured? She is into a size 11, only 3 years old!

Bought some material and fancy buttons for her, want to try making a jumper for her! When I get it done, I will take a picture

of it.and show ya's!

Bulk Barn bought some treats for the dogs....then to the Pet store to buy some fish! 40$ later, I had 2 Angel Fish..and some

Tetras! ( glowtip I think they are ) I lost one Angel fish due to one of the kids unplugging the water heater in the tank!

Or it could have been stressed from the long ride home.

Didn't find a camera that I liked..or was out of my budget at the time being.

Hubby bought a Pellet Stove yesterday! Harman Anniversary Edition! Bought 6 years ago by an older couple...in excellent shape!

60,000 BTU..pellets? All for 2,700!! It only has been used off and on! A secondary source of heat for the upstairs. Wood is our main

heat though.

Been aweful rainy here today!! SO no horsey time right now!

Hope everyone's day is going well!

Afternoon-Hubby and I were holding all the puppies and he noticed something on one of the liver males coat,so I called the vet and we took pup in hubby thought it might be ringworm but it ended up being staff,the vet said it could have been from one of the pups scratching it or from Socks trying to pick it up,so we just have to put peroxide on it and dawn on it and some ointment 3 times a day.Then we stopped at the block garage sale and ended up buying a fireplace poker set for 5.00 and a really pretty queen quilt set for the guestroom for 50.00.And we also got a rug a runner for 10.00.We go every year they do it.The enchiladas and spanish rice and pico all came out great!!!We will probably eat that for dinner again tonight!

Kids-Thankyou the puppies have some really nice markings and we have been holding them and getting them used to having their feet messed with and petting them.All the liver ones have white on their feet nd chests as they get bigger we will post more pics of them.

I'll have to check out your pups YR.. !!! We are resting today and plan on heading to town now that we had breakfast.. GOnna hit it hard tomorrow.. We are just worn out..

Stars..no I don't tan hidwes, but sew the backs on for a taxidermist..along with the fringed felt. Is your girl a Perlino or Cremello? She sure is pretty..I'll have to look up her pedigree here today...

I want to shop for flooring today as well If I can convince him...

AD

AD- Hope the flooring shopping goes well for you! Princess is Cremello :-) she is a good sized gal...and hoping that the time it takes to get her sorted out pays off. Which I think it will.

Still raining here...ugh...and the roof is leaking again..wish I had 7 thousand to do the whole thing right now! Will perhaps do the part that is leaking..and get it all re-shingled..and do the rest next year!

Soon the snow is going to fly!!

Ground is frozen and the snow is on the ground here..glad the mud is gone! Think I might try and wash my car again tomorrow!

I had a nice relaxing day today.. nothing got done except my grocery shoping with the husband..The diner party was great! We had a really good time visiting with everyone! Got home at 8:30, did chores and watched SnowWhite and the Huntsman..good movie...

AD

There is a good chance FS that your girl could be a Perlino...meaning thats all she can produce is Buckskin.. I just checked out her pedigree.. Very nice...:notworthy:

AD

Thank You AD, I wonder if I can get that changed on her papers?

Probably have to get her tested for sure? Not sure how to go about that as of yet..lol. Buckskin....mmmm...lol

That would be awesome! Off to church! Later gals!

Morning-We had our friends come over lastnight to visit and then they are coming out here in a little while to work dogs.They stayed pretty late but we got up pretty early.It is a nice day here sunny with a nice breeze blowing.I need to hop in the shower.

AD-Snow cool!How are all the babies doing?

Hi everyone else will check in later!

We had a fun training day!The weather was a little warm but it was a good training session!We are gonna cook burgers for dinner.Our friends came out and we rode around on the polaris working dogs.My vacation is almost over,dang.But was happy I could check on Socks.The puppies are doing good getting big I have been trying to get pics of them loaded but it isn't wanting too so if it doesn't this last time I will just wait and try tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a nice day!

Thank you AD! I bookmarked that!

I am considering also having Molly retested as well. She is homozygous...but on her papers it says

that she is Black Tobiano ? But it's not a true black it almost looks like a smokey black.

Wouldn't hurt I suppose.

Our camping trip got rained out. We ended up going on a short 2 and a half hour trail ride yesterday. Today, we rode for 6 and a half hours and went 16 miles. Then we went back to the one gal's houses and had a drink. It was tons of fun.

The trails were like riding on the Yellow Brick Road with all the yellow leaves that had fallen.

Oh kids! That sounds like it was a blast!!

Can hardly wait till I can get into the saddle again! Comfortably that is..haha

:smileywavey: Hey y'all! The weekend is OVER :mecry:! Had fun though - Saturday Mary Ellen and I met two of our riding buds at Hunt Country and we rode for about 3 hours (left my camera in the truck :bang_head: ). Our ride was delayed a little while because the Hunt people were running the dogs when we got there. After we rode we went to Rush's and had lunch - they have THE BEST fried chicken! We were right there at TSC so we dropped in - couldn't resist! Cleaned my trailer today and tomorrow I'll get busy on my tack - it needs cleaning! Our weather has been BEAUTIFUL! 70's and hi 40's at night. It looks like fall - lots of the trees are turning now. Looks like we're going to warm back up this coming week. I do love fall -- it's what comes after that I'm not really excited about!

YELLOWROSE - Glad the little puppy is okay! Happy you had a fun vacation. Vacations are like weekends - they go by SO fast! Hope Twister does well with the trainer.

AD - Sounds like you've had a busy but fun weekend! Can't believe you have SNOW already!

FLYING STARS - You do have some PRETTY horses! I think it's a good sign that Princess is coming up to you and your hubby. I know you'll do wonders with her when you are able. It's exciting that you'll have a new little one before long!

KIDS - Sorry your camping trip got rained out - bummer - ESPECIALLY since your hubby was going....and he asked you to take a horse for him to ride???? WOW -- that's something! Hope you got some riding time in over the weekend.

Hey Bobbin, Shy and Meekie - hope everyone has a super Monday! Will check in tomorrow....:winking:

Hi-It is cool here this morning.Socks and puppies are sleeping.I am catching up on laundry and getting back on track,gotta make the grocery list today and get ready for work mode tomorrow.I think we are supposed to get chilly at some point this week,so hubby will have to get some firewood!I am gonna catch up on some house cleaning today!The puppies eyes should be opening before we know it!

Skipa-Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend!And I hear ya on cleaning the tack,I need to go and look at mine and see if I need to get it ready for Filed trial season!Puppy is doing fine,we have been medicating him evening and night.We are keeping a puppy a white male with the wide blaze and the spot in the middle.We decided to keep him because he is the only one with white on his ear like Chaos!

Kids-Even though your camping trip was washed out at least you still got to ride and 16 miles,wow I would be sore after that long.But sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Babi-I too follow you on fb love the pics of Ryder he is just too cute!!!

Edited by yellow rose twister

What a weekend!! I tried to ride on Sat. with #2 granddaughter. That's Amanda she is the middle one. Walker had a sore on his back that opened and was draining. So got him doctored up and put back and got out Abe. Amanda was riding Blue. We took off and it wasn't long before Abe was showing some lameness in his left hind leg. So back home we go. Could find anything wrong so gave him a shot of Banamin a rubbed his entire leg down with liniment. We got to ride an hour and when I was talking to Amanda she said it was ok cause she wasn't feeling very well herself. So then Sunday I took Blue and went to WildCat with my friend Brenda, she was coming down with a cold and wasn't feeling well either but wanted to go anyway. We rode about 3 hours and she was feeling worse so we came home a little early. It was a good ride and probable all Blue could handle anyway. He had to really work to keep up with Brenda's Laddie. Laddie is 16.1 hands and has a stride like you wouldn't believe. Blue was one tired boy when we got home. Anyway Walkers sore is scabbing over and I don't see any signs of lameness in Abe at least out in the pasture. Here is the link to the video I took on Sunday.

We have our soybeans off now just waiting on the combine to do the corn. The garden stuff is all harvested and either canned or frozen. I still need to clean house but I always need to clean house!

SKIPA glad you got to go riding and enjoyed your time with your friends. Good horses and good friends are the best it gets.

YELLOWROSE so glad the puppy is an easy fix! They are all so cute! And see if your weren't handling them you wouldn't have found the problem so quickly.

KIDS So sorry you had a rained out camping trip. The weather here on Sat. and Sun. was beautiful. It is rainy now and suppose to rain most of the week here.

AD you have been a busy little bee again as usual! LOL Glad you had some down time with hubby and movies.

FLYINGSTAR you have very pretty horses. Love all the colors!

Everyone have a great day now!!!

Edited by meekie

Sounds like everyone is having a great fall beginning of winter!

I trimmed Gunners Fronts this afternoon and Princess's fronts...Tomorrow I will get both their hinds

and start on Molly's front hooves.

I have been slowly growing out a major crack in Princess's hoof..slow going..but it's coming..She also stood at the barn

door, let me approach and rub her head and neck without checking for an escape route.

Brushed them down, made sure water barrel is full ..and threw out 2 50 lb sq bales..and now I am pooped..Might

do a little bit less of the heavy stuff now..seems to cause a few aches n pains..that I didn't have with Ashton

and Brooke.

Going to see if hubby will build me a feeder tonight..I have an idea...but we will see how it goes..I just want to be able

to put 2 square bales in the morning at each feeding..and keep an eye on how fast they go through it..without the waste.

Molly is an easy keeper and so is Princess..Gunner has plenty of padding..but am so freaking paranoid..lol

Moose steak cooking for tonight's supper!

Have a good evening everyone!