meekie

Internet Friends Who Ride

Sounds like fun!

We had a snowstorm today! Winter, has indeed worn out her welcome! I did go get some groceries though!! Didn't see many people on the roads..but the stores were open! I got a really good deal on a toy organizer for the kids toys! I am sick of stepping on those wooden blocks with the sharp edges! Normally 69...I got it on sale for 34!! I was tickled pink! Had to get a rain check! So worth it!

Brooke is growing again on me! I noticed her boots are getting too small..4 years old ...and her feet are just shy of a 12..but an 11 is to small!

Horses are doing great! Molly looks like she could foal in the next two weeks..and not in June as I had "thought". Oh well!

Next step once I get a few things under my belt here money wise. I'd love to redo my downstairs bathroom!

Anyhow, kids are in bed...I think I am going to crash as well!

Evening- I ran around town bought corn tortillas so I could make chicken enchiladas for dinner. Payed our propane bill and then decide to do some re-arranging in the house. The weather was wonderful today sunny and almost 80 degrees. Hubby is stressing as our business account is low due to his business being slow this time of year. He is getting calls it is just a little rough right now. I put our Arab up for sale as I want to buy another TWH so we will see what happens. I also posted on a few sites that we have a bathroom sink that was an extra and is brand new for sale, had some hits on it.

FS- Always nice when you can get a deal here and there.

AD- You know we will want to see the kitty pics!

FS this is our 3rd year doing the syrup here. Each year we get better at it. Hubby doesn't think its going to be a good year this year as the weather isn't cooperating at all! Don't you just hate when people back out like that! Or say they are going to show up and you never hear from them again. I really hate to try to sell anything! :unsure:

Edited by meekie

Oh Meekie! I was in that same situation this week! Someone had placed an order, said meet me at 5 at such n such a place! Well I was there 10 mins prior to 5...I get a text message at 5:25..Yeah I am across town now..blah blah..I said thanks! I did NOT place her order!

So tonight we have wax!! Guess what..there is a huge storm moving in too? So...yeah..be just my luck!

Afternoon- Got the house all cleaned and all the wash done. Ready for work tomorrow. The weather has been dreary grey outside yucky!!! I am making something easy for dinner chili cheese fries for dinner!

Hi FS!

Hi Meekie- Sure hope the weather turns around and starts getting warmer!

Evening- Just relaxing it is actually hot today it is 80 degrees here! Hubby and I made enchiladas for dinner last night and have them to eat for dinner tonight! Hubby is making Spanish rice to go with. Not sure yet what I am up too this weekend. I wanted to get an oil change on my truck but they were busy so maybe tomorrow.

FS- You have two cute babies! They are going to be so nicely built!

Meekie- So sorry about the snow hope it melts soon!

made some more jerky and granola bars the other day... got another brown bear done. I think I plan on going outdoors tomorrow and tidy up some things and load the truck up to get rid of some junk that is in the yard..he will be working so its a good time to do some much needed throwing away.. teeeheee! Well off to find a few more things to do and relax.. Hope everyone is having a great day!

AD

Thank you Yellowrose..The first buyer backed out on the colt.. But...I had a person travel 2 hours to see him...and they fell in love! They also put a good chunk down!!

AD...stop teasing me with that "jerky" LOL...as for throwing out stuff..UGH...I hear you!! I think I want to back a dump truck up to the door..and pitch everything out!

Have a good day!!! Going do spy my eye on a few more things to pick up for the exchange! LOL

Evening- Had a good day at work and we had a little rain shower too! Ran around after work and then came home. Made dinner and washed the dogs blankets folded them and put them away. I took my shower and fixed the dogs food. Decided I needed to get out and get rid of some weeds. Our friend Ron came and picked up his horse PD and our birds are laying eggs now the Chukar and the Pheasants so hubby will be incubating eggs before long.

AD- I too like to get rid of stuff that we no longer use or old stuff.

FS- I am sure it won't be long before you will have another buyer for your new baby.

Meekie- Get a bunch of your friends together and have a melting the snowman party!!!!

Ok FS..... I just got home a little while ago with groceries... I love it getting dark at 10 pm! Feeling like my old self again... 7 am sunrise..

AD

Afternoon- Ran into town to the bank, dollar store and Tractor supply. Now I'm home and cleaned toilets and am washing blankets and towels. We had a good rain storm lastnight and we needed it. It is a beautiful day today sunshine and blue skies! Hope you all are having a great Friday!

Got alot done today. Picked up the yard and took trash out of the basement. Threw some more broken things away while hubby was working. Took a huge load of trash to the dump and got smore more dirt for starting plants... two more months till the ground thaws and I can start planting. PHEWW!!!! Max is sleeping next to me and has some helasious sinking fars going on! Oh and friday we traded the caddies in for a truck for me! I have a post on General chat...

ad

Hi everyone well the sap finally started to run and we have been gathering and boiling down for maple syrup.Still have a few snow banks but they are melting fast. Now for the mud and it is slippery mud with the clay soil we have. Its good to see the 3 of you YellowRose,AlaskaDraft,and Flying Stars keeping the thread going. :smileywavey:

Well, I was able to uncover the water spout...and melt the ice away...So I could fill the water barrel with the hose...to find out..that...I was 3 feet short..LOL..So I put my finger on the end of the hose to make it shoot abit further!! Thats not wanting to haul water buckets real bad! I also got the rest of the frozen muck out of the barn!!

Had a good day!! We are supposed to be getting 10-20 cm of rain tomorrow! UGH...So not looking forward to that!

Hi Meekie!!

13702626354_6b7a46d629.jpg

Evening- The weather was nice here today. I decided to get some cleaning done as my Mom and stepdad will be here next week. So cleaned the bedroom they will be staying in and dusted and vacuumed . I had lunch with my youngest son at Porky's we had burgers. Back to work for me tomorrow. I agree with Meekie so nice to see our other peeps on here!

Hey y'all! Always say I'm not going to be a stranger BUT I'm a stranger - had to sign in AGAIN -- that means it's been a LONG time since I've been around! Glad to see YELLOWROSE, AD AND FS keeping the home fires burning! We've got a lot of years invested! I do get to see YELLOWROSE, MEEKIE & AD on FB so that's a good thing. FB is SO addictive! GEEZE! lol Anyhow, not much here. Riding a good bit - loving every moment of it too! MEEKIE - That maple syrup sounds awesome - happy winter has loosened her grip on y'all - I don't know how you do it girl! FS - Happy all is going well for you - we had 2 snowfalls, maybe 6" of snow for the year and I was ready to go and find a bridge to jump off of! I'm pitiful! What a beautiful little foal - Congratulations! AD - Glad you're able to stay home and do things you want to do! Happy you're enjoying your days! You always had the cutest kittens! Wish I could have one - my Dobie prevents that from happening. YELLOWROSE - Know you're OK! That's exciting about getting a new TWH! Glad to be back and it was fun hearing from y'all! Everyone take care and have a great afternoon - will check in more often....I know, I know....I always say that! :winking:

Good evening everybody!

If there is anything I detest..is cleaning house! Kids toys just about drive me up the wall! Thank goodness, summer will soon be here! Not to much going on here..the snow is slowly exiting the premises. Horses are getting dirtier..I did get a hay rack for Gunner for 20$. Was tickled pink about that. I have had to up both Princess's and Molly's feed..and soaking their feed per the feed nutritionist! Some ribs peeking through...yes. I know that the foals are going to drag on them abit..but I'd rather act now and NOT later! lol..They are growing like bad weeds! The filly isn't going to be 3 weeks old till Monday..and she's started taking an interest in the feed! We have an Easter Drama going on at church this weekend! My parents are coming over as well..going to be pretty busy with them. I did get to ride Gunner today! I love that horse! He did want to go go go...but I had to keep reminding him that a "walk" was all we wanted today!

Plan on doing the same thing tomorrow!

Can you keep a friend of mine in your prayers. He is going in for surgery tomorrow on a brain tumor , they are pretty sure its cancerous...but...they feel they can get it all! This is the man who lost his wife to bowel cancer ( 2 years ago this June coming )

Hope all is well!

Hi yesterday went into town to meet up with son we went to Chinese food for lunch I had shrimp fried rice it was so good! Then we stopped at Beall's and went to Wal mart needed to buy a new clothes hamper for my closet. I decided I am going to try the diet Dr Oz is recommending which is the Green Coffee Bean and Garcinia Cambogia. So just started thet yesterday we will see how it goes! Hubby made bbq chicken breast last night and I made chicken stuffing and ranch beans it was really good!!!

Skipa- I want another TWH but won't be getting it for awhile need to sell Desi first and we are in no hurry for another horse right away. I want to lose weight first so I have the ability to do what I used to with them and be able to ride a lot like I used too.

FS- Will keep your friend in our prayers

Yellow Rose - How ironic! We ate Chinese for supper last night! Let me know how that Green Coffee Been thing and Garcinia deal goes for you. Can you use them combined together?

Thank you for the prayers, he came through surgery, but has no word on the results yet of the tumor! I believe that the God can heal that man! His daughter told me..that she was numb...that

it couldn't be happening again! What a tough young lady she is!! No doubt the tears that she's cried behind closed doors :-(

Anyhow, I am off to finish cleaning! I am wanting to get another ride in on Gunner before the kids get up! Will chat you all later!

Take care everyone!

Done some cleaning myself... some outside, but now I'm back to cleaning inside since its SNOWING AGAIN! Supposed to snow up to Monday and then warm up t the low 50's.. It just ticks me off since the ground was showing again! Hubby has to go to work late this evening so I'm planning on baking a roast up for dinner s he can have a nice meal before he heads out... He has to run to Homer tonight to pick up two trailers of HALIBUT, take them to Anchorage, bring a set of doubles back to Soldotna.... Its going to be a 14 hour trip for him... poor guy.

Today I'm hitting th basement again.. I've got a mess down there since I have been cutting up old pallets and burning them...sometimes I'm my worst enemy.. :-)

AD

Evening- done with work for the week so just relaxing. I made pizza for dinner and dogs are waiting to eat their food. I am going into town tomorrow to buy Easter candy and see if I can find any good deals!!

FS- I will let you know and I alternate days when I take them but on the Dr Oz show he sells them together so I would think so. Any word on your friend?

AD- Sounds like you have been busy cleaning. I will be doing that tomorrow as my company will be coming on Saturday instead of Friday.

Mmmm Pizza! I didn't eat a whole lot for supper! We had a late lunch at Subway..

Good and bad news on my friend. The surgery itself was a success..the drs are amazed at how well he is doing!

Considering they took the growth from the side of the brain where the speech is! However, it is cancerous...and is the

fast growing kind :-(

I pray daily for the strength of God to surround that whole family! I know "HE" can take care of it and not let it return!

AD is a busy beaver!! AD, I am thinking about getting myself a smoker!! Any ideas and tips on what is best? OR what NOT to buy?

Afternoon- Got bills sent out in the mail and headed into town,then bought some Easter candy and dishwasher detergent. Talked to Mom they will be here tomorrow. I got the trash to the dumpster and house is cleaned. I am making tacos for dinner.

AD- You know we want to see pics of the kittens!

FS- So sorry about it being cancerous, sometimes miracles do happen!!!

I like the propane ones since electric is high here. sometimes you run them for 12 hours at a time. Bradl is a good brand. I love my Camp Chief Smoker Vault!

Just still putting things away and doing some wiring...getting ready for bigger projects. My time frame is messed up since thisk he has been going to work later and getting home at 4 am. I try for us to be on the same schedule so he can get some rest without me making a bunch of noise ..its hard!

AD