meekie

Internet Friends Who Ride

Yellow Rose - Yes, I believe miracles can happen!!

AD - I will be looking into smokers and such..my dad has one..I am going to have to ask him to see what his is!

Not too much today...still on flood watch here! There is currently 35 miles worth of ice that hasn't come through yet!

Had a great ride on Gunner, working up his stamina! Trotted him 30 mins one way and 25 back..and he was hardly blowing.

A little bit of sweat on his shoulders...so he's coming along nicely..I think today..I am going to work a little on his pivots, whoa and

sidepassing a bit! Love that horse!

Trimmed two horses last evening...one was a youngster ..and she's a kicker..I didn't find she kicked..but would rather hop..which

is essentially setting up for a kick..but she never did it! Proud of her! Going back in 2 weeks to do another touch up!

Those ice jams can be so nasty! I hope it breaks through ok for you FS. not much going on ..baking a pie this morning.. I already baked the ham so hubby can have easter dinner early this evening.. He has to go to work early on Sunday. Just been doing stuff in the house.

AD

Worked all day yesterday cleaning up the basement and sorting through more crap! Got another 4 bags of garbage out... then came upstairs vacuumed and made dinner.I cleaned the yard up today and moved the new memory foam mattress we bought in December into the horsetrailer....took the very old one that was like a marshmellow to the transit sight so someone else can use it, and tonight I am making nachos since hubby is still in Anchorage waiting on a load.. said he might just sleep in the truck tonight and wait for a load.

WE finally have very nice beds to sleep on and ohhhh what a difference! We are now sleeping all night and even have been making less visits to the bathroom in the middle of the night... probably because we are not wrestling with the mush mattress he had to have on top of the firmer one that went into the trailer. Its been such a mattress mixing around here, its even hard for me to keep up!

Anyway hope everyone is doing great!

AD

Evening- My Mom and stepdad came out to our place on Saturday and stayed til this morning. They are in San Antonio tonight taking my brother and grandma out to dinner and then they head to the airport around noon to head back to Cali. We had a really nice visit. Mom and I spent the day together yesterday. We went into town and then headed to the next town over. Did some shopping and had Chinese food for lunch. I worked today then did the run around after work. Came home and started pulling sheets and washed our clothes.

AD- A good mattress really makes a difference! Hubby and I bought the sleep number ad we love it!

Hope everyone is doing okay!

That bed is making me lazy! Hubby had to overnight in Anchorage last night, so I had the morning to plan as I saw fit. Since it was so comfy, when my alarm went off this morning, I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep! After all ....I was on my time! But I did manage to get up at 10:30 and got some things done. I just finished cleaning up the big fish tank. Vacuumed up some more dog hair in the living room and did some laundry. I bought a good used drer at the used appliance place since the dryers timer has gone out and I have to prop a basket in front of the door to keep it closed.. I actually found one that matches the washer I have! Probably pick it up tomorrow If hubby don't have to work..I'm cheap! this last 50.00 dryer lasted me 15 years! This one is newer so should last awhile..

AD

I found some deals today! First I stopped at the SPCA thrift store and found a print of a GSP for 22.00! Also bought a dog collar for 1.00! Then stopped at the Dollar store and bought some things I needed. Headed to TSC and bought horse wormer and a coupe of shirts. Then ended my day by stopping at Beall's and found some jeans that were marked at 40.00 and the girl gave me a coupon for it and they ended up being only 16.00!!! Headed home folded towels and put them away. Went out and filled up the dogs water tub in there area. Hubby bought Ribeyes for dinner with the potatoes so he is bbquing tonight! thinking about maybe having a grooming day tomorrow at the barn. Need to plug in my clippers.

AD- Sounds like you had some good deals too!

I finally sold our old desk today... got what I asked for it... Need to sell a few more things around here. Been working on some piddly stuff that seems like it takes forever to do. I have been putting off doing the bears . but will for sure try and get them done tomorrow! Supposed to rain the next two days so inside work is what will be best!

AD

No, AD...I am hoping it's there on Friday when I go over to get my groceries! Hubby went over to look for his tires...and there was nothing else.

Dang it! This is why I never ship anything!

Did running around for hubby today for 5 hours...He had a rear axle seal blow out and another leaking after his run last night... today after looking at the mess he decided to put on new brake drums and brake shoes on the semi... I drove over 150 miles today just getting parts! 'm worn out...

AD

That is why it;s called snail mail! You are a good woman AD! I think I would drive the roads for hubby...it beats cleaning the house any day hehe. I will be glad when he gets home for a few days again...I need to get the foals cleaned up and take some decent pics of them for their registration papers! Or at least hold the mares..then I can get all kinds of photo's! I am holding off registering the filly, waiting on test results for her.

Now that the weather is clearing up some and ground hardening up. I need to get my butt in gear and work some horses!! I am so glad that Brittney is getting older now...and can play a bit on her own with the kids!

Not too much going on here today...getting a good handle on the house and laundry, so I can get some horsey time in!

I started my new job with the school district yesterday.I had one of their senior drivers train me on all the buses the school district own. So the day was spent doing a charter, driving around in various buses, having lunch and just meeting people like other borough drivers and the guys in the shop.It went very well. They pretty much hire you and leave it up to you to make decisions. Your like an independant contractor. You make business cards and give a cover letter to th schools to show them your available to drive what buses the borough owns.. Of course I can drive anything..STick to automatic..so I'm like a "Golden Child". hehehe! Mondays plan is to drive school to school and pimp myself....simple paperwork and a relaxing atmosphere...

WOW!..... Why didn't I do this sooner....?

Spending the day outside in the yard cleaning up.. It was 72 degrees when I got home last night at 8 pm...78 in the house! We have end of May weather at the end of April... Amazing.. I love Polar Vortexes!

AD

Evening- Friday decided to head into town and get Mother's Day stuff, and then headed home dusted and then chilled. Saturday called my friend and went and picked her up and we went on main street to the store my son works at I bought a couple things there and then took my friend out to eat for lunch, Chinese food. Took her back home and put the Mother's Day stuff together and will put it in the mail tomorrow. We ended up going to our friends house that has one of our pups and the guys bbqd while we cut up the potatoes and onions and then the guys cooked it on the grill with corn. Today hubby and I are just doing stuff around the house!

Hi all :smileywavey: Boy talk about being a stranger!!! I get on FB and play a few games and then I read my books and I know I'm bad for not coming on here more. We had a nice day today!!!! No wind to speak of and some Sunshine. It was actually in the 60's! It has been raining for about 2 weeks and after tomorrow I think it is suppose to start raining again. This the clay soil we have the rain makes it like ice to walk on or like quicksand to sink into. So no riding yet. I did get shoes on Walker and Blue on Friday but Abe had hurt is right hind leg and we decided to wait a couple weeks to shoe him. He scrapped all the hair off the inside of the leg, and has a little swelling in his upper leg. He must have gotten it hung up in something. Anyway he does not what you to touch it and even gives me a really hard time spraying the Vetericyn on it. Hair is starting to come back already and he doesn't seem lame on it ...just don't touch it!!! Could have probably gone riding today but no one to go with me and since they haven't been out yet this Spring felt it wasn't a good idea to go out alone. AD so glad you are happy in your new job. Sure makes life easier if you like what and where you work! Well I'll try to come visit here more often :ashamed0002: ! You all take care and have a great night.

Today decided to do some cleaning,so dusted and vacuumed and cleaned the couch and cleaned the wood floors. Don't think I have updated you guys well hubby and I had my let my older son move into our mobile home when we bought my mom's house it is on the same property just down the road. He paid rent but when he first moved in I already had to tell him that he needed to keep it clean and if he wanted to have me do it I would do it. Well almost a year later and I had already told hubby he really needed to move out of it because it was dirty inside. So hubby goes over there one day because son's lab got out of the yard he opened the door to let her in and the house smelled of dog pee, so hubby and I decided enough was enough. we gave him 4 weeks to move out and he is almost out,supposed to be picking more stuff up this evening. I am heartbroken and feel so devastated. I always kept the house clean and nice and this house was where we raised both our boys. This is what has happened to it now,carpets are trashed due to dog pee from his two small dogs, there are holes in the walls and toilet that has to be replaced. Linoleum has to be replaced hair all over the floors. They never cleaned the bathrooms and the guest bath is gonna need a lot of work. All they ever did was work come home late and party. I feel so disrespected and this house we are still paying for!!! My youngest son has stepped up and told us he will help with anything we need help with and he wasn't even living there. Oldest son just doesn't say anything. They rented a place with their friends for 2 x what he was paying living in the mobile home. So this is what we will be repairing on our days off and re doing. One of my friends said she would help me too. Anyway it is back to work tomorrow for me hope you all have a good day.

I'm so sorry YR ! Dang kids! I have a tip that will help with the smell.. when you pull up the carpets and pad... clean the floor first with this stuff called urine off.. then paint over the floor area with Kilz paint. It will remove any smell out of the particle board floor. I had to do this to our rental that the same thing happened too.. after that I put in vinyl flooring since it is so much easier to clean , especially for renters... I wish I could come down there and give your son a what for! How very selfish of him to do this!

Well the pigs were killed and hung today and are at the butcher shop. Yeah! They sure were some nice looking pigs! I've been working on a project the last few days.. building a wishing well cover for my well head. I'll post some pics of my project tomorrow.. I'm doing the roof for it and ran out of bettery fo rthe brad nailer...Hubby is pretty proud of me... its also a flower box...

Well gonna check out facebook and then hit the hay.. I've been going balls to the wall since 6 am this morning...loving my summer sun!

AD

Worked and then did the run around came home and hubby helped me unload groceries then we headed over to the mobile home to get more trash out and clean out the fridge of food and clean out food cabinet. Sure hoping he gets over there tonight so he can get his stuff out,we really want to get in there and get stuff done!

AD- Thankyou for the advice,will definitely tell hubby about that stuff. It sounds like you are gonna like your new job!

So sorry YR. My Mom had the same thing happen with my Sister and then with my niece! This was an apt. over the garage that was part of the original house. Anyway she never rented it out anymore and kept it for a guest house until she passed. Family can be really hard to deal with. Raining and cold up here last week and again yesterday and today. Still not up to seasonal temps yet. Have my bread maker going with 7 grain bread and it sure smells yummy! Still haven't gotten to ride yet. Well the bread machine just beeped so the bread is done got to go get out! You all have great day!

Been busy busy busy! just got back from a Homer charter about a half hour ago! Been cleaning up the yard and getting ready to put dirt in the flower beds. Still too early since it still about 35 at night and I'm afraid it will stunt the flowers. I also started a project and actually finished it. Its a wishing well planter box that sits over the well head. Home Depot had 6 foot cedar fencing boards on sale last week for 2.28 each. It smell so nice!

20140506_175451-1_zps212329eb.jpg

Sorry about the junk behind it , thats the old pig pen I have disassembled and stacking old pallets to cut up for firewood by the tent. Hubby has so much junk laying around ! I got inspired to mak this after I cleaned all the junk up and organized his stuff... tomorrow I'm working on hanging baskets and getting the lawmower going so I can cut the grass short and fertilize it.There is so much to do around here, it was nice to get away and just drive somewhere else.

AD

Edited by Alaskandraft

Hey y'all! I've been such a stranger.... :ashamed0002: time just get's away from me. We're having HOT and dry weather here - lots of sunshine and the humidity hasn't really been bothersome - YET! Been able to ride some, so I'm good! Getting ready for my horse camping trip out of STATE -- coolio! Can't wait! Updating my camper a little - going to stain my cabinets and put down new flooring. Went to Lowe's last night and got some linoleum. Been thinking about doing that for ages - the spirit finally moved me! YELLOWROSE - sorry your son left you a chore with your house - young people don't think sometimes - too busy with their friends. Know you felt like shaking him! Happy you had a great visit with your Mom! FS - hope all that snow melt/ice flow won't cause you any worries - that has to be scary! I remember those when we lived in Pennsylvania - nothing like you've dealt with though! AD - happy you like your new job and you won't have to deal with all the stress you've had to deal with in the past! Love the wishing well around the well head! Like it! MEEKIE - Sorry to hear about Abe - glad you're not having to deal with any lameness issue. Hope you get in the saddle soon! Going to get some housework started - will check in on y'all later.....

Afternoon- Went into town before the weather hit,bought a hummingbird feeder and some other things that we needed. I don't know if I told you all but my cat Panda did show back up at the trailer she is very thin and so have been loving on her and feeding her . Hubby is bombing the mobile home for fleas as we speak. I washed a load of towels and put them away. Hoping to work on the mobile home tomorrow.

Hi Meekie!!!!

AD- We have wood floors under the carpet if we use the Kilz on it will linoleum still stick to it?

Skipa- So happy to see you here!!!

I would use sheet linoleum in the mobile home , and yes it will stick. It makes a nice clean surface for the glue to stick without a reaction. Its made that way. Just roller it on.

picked up our pork today.... all 747 pounds of it! did alot of shuffling around to get it in the freezers. I have 90 lbs of back fat to use for brauts or jerky. hopefully we might get a moose and it works great for mixing in with wild game that is super lean. holds the burger together. We will be taking some up to Wasilla to my brother in laws. Butcher guy was impressed with our hogs on how well the meat looked. He said we must know what we are doing.. just because of the size of them with a nice fat and muscle balance. He said most pigs he sees up here (he is from northern California) are under weight and small. Ours he said were premo...

Well tomorrow I'm doing a "drunk run" for the gang at the hospital radiology department. Alan ( an old from from work) and I are going to run them around to the bars, take them to dinner and after dinner drinks... not suppose to last all night , but we will seee!

I have been watching my friends Pams horse while she is down south and checking on her husband who has very bad COPD. She has been gone for a week now. He called tonight and is going into the hospital because he is having breathing issues. So tomorrow morning I'm picking up his dog COCO and bringing her to the house to take care of her till Pam gets home. She is coming back on the 19th.I just hope it won't be too muchtrouble.

AD

Evening- I went over to the trailer this afternoon and got a lot done, threw a lot of stinky blankets away from cat pee. went through the master bedroom picked up dog poop off the carpet. Cleaned the master bathroom and mopped it. Went through cabinets in kitchen and cleaned off the washer and dryer so I could use them!!! Cleaned off the kitchen table packed up some dishes to give to spca retail store. mopped the kitchen. Went through my youngest sons dresser drawers to get rid of stuff and help him when he comes to pick up his stuff,{ He had nothing to do with the house} All my oldest son and his gf's fault. hubby went over with his friend to throw couches in burn pit along with mattresses and they took two full pick up truck loads of trash to the dump. So I am tired took a shower and am relaxing now!!!

AD- Thankyou so much will definitely tell hubby about what you said!!! Sounds like you have been busy!!

To all our HC Moms- Happy Mother's Day early!!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day! I got to ride for the first time on Sat. Spent the morning helping the neighbors catch their horses. 5 of them were running loose and we we lost them for awhile. So another neighbor brought her horse up and we went looking on horseback. Found them at another neighbors and tried to lead two of them with the others following. Friend Brenda got off her horse and took the two very naughty ones we were able to catch and lead them on foot while I ponied her horse. It was too far to take back where they belong so we took them to my place and put them in our summer donkey pasture. The donkeys are not in there yet. That was Sat. morning and they are still here. Owner is at a horse show in MN and suppose to be back tonight. Hopefully he will come get them tomorrow. But anyway after penning them up we went riding for 2 & 1/2 half hours. So I'm a little sore today but feeling good!!! No pictures as I figured first time out for both Walker and me and strange horses it could be a rodeo so I left the cameras home. Abe is getting better but still touchy on that leg. He does let me touch it now and I am hopeful I can start picking it up soon. May have to just shoe the fronts and leave his backs for awhile yet. We'll have to see. We had a cookout here today and the kids and grandkids were here nice day.

Tale care and you all have a great day tomorrow!

WOW when I posted this it was all double spaced. Don't know why!

Edited by meekie

Hey to all! Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day! It has been HOT here, but after this past winter, I WILL NOT BE COMPLAINING! The humidity has arrived, so I get my work done early! The horses are enjoying their fans! Getting ready for my trip and am so excited! Spiffed up my trailer a little - new flooring - looks nice and clean! Trying to get all the loose ends tied up here at home so hubby will have a easy time - my friends are coming, so it will be a revolving door around the farm! Cooked ahead so he won't miss me too much! Got all the wash done now getting the house straightened up and cleaned up a little....I'm going to be worn out by tomorrow! lol AD - you have A LOT of pork - WOW - some good eating! FS - hope the flooding isn't causing you any troubles. YELLOWROSE - Glad y'all are getting the house all cleaned up - know it's a chore you want to get finished with. Nobody better than YOU to deal with it -- wish I was so good!

MEEKIE - YOU GOT TO RIDE - YAY GIRLFRIEND! Happy you and your friend rounded up the horses that were out! Cowgirl work THEN a trail ride - what could be better! Glad Walker was a good boy for you! That was some excitement for sure! I have some things to do at the barn so I'll check in on y'all later on! Y'all have a GREAT afternoon! :winking:

Evening- Headed over to the mobile home and went through the back bedroom my youngest son came and took some big stuff out while I threw stuff in the trash and I went through kitchen drawers and the guest bathroom too. Came home and got bills ready to be mailed out tomorrow. washed towels and put away also washed some sheets for socks whelping box. Hubby mopped the laundry room floor and we moved the whelping box in there expecting puppies this weekend.

Meekie- So happy you were able to ride!

Skipa- Happy to see you on here and I knpw you are excited for the trip Hags with Nags

Thanks YR it was a bit of a rodeo for awhile. The horses were here until this morning. Hubby had to help him catch them by making a smaller catch pen.Once they got them cornered and haltered they settled done. I didn't go out to help at all cause it was pouring down rain! But at least they are home now. More rain coming in tonight. Have a good night!

Evening- Had a busy day at work, then did the run around get gas, get check cashed and then go to the grocery store. Also picked up hubby, we left his truck in town where our youngest works so I wouldn't have to make another trip into town. One more day of work and then I'm done for the week. Socks is Really big she is due on Sunday. Hoping you all are doing ok and will check in tomorrow! :smileywavey:

Afternoon- Yesterday I had a feeling I shouldn't go to work, Socks was acting a little funny but I went. When I got home she would not come out of dog house like she always does so I knew something was up. Went into her kennel and inside her dog house was one white pup and she was looking through her kennel and whining so I looked and there was another liver pup,he was cold so took everyone inside and got them settled in the whelping box. Put the heating pad in and put liver pup on it and let him eat. Then it was 5 and Socks was not trying to push or anything so decided to be safe and go into vet. She had one pup come out tail first but everything is ok she has 8 pretty puppies and she is a good momma!!! There are pics of them on my fb.