meekie

Internet Friends Who Ride

oh puppies! Glad you got them all squared away! Heating pad are the best for warming up babies when mom can't do it from a hard labor.I'm going to check them out Sheri!

Still working in the yard trying to get things done like a green house.... have to run to town today to pick up some paperwork and a bus key for a charter come monday morning. Have to get up about 4 am for that one , but its in Seward so it should be a lovely day!

AD

Well I got to get some sleep lastnight everyone is doing fine. Rowdy hurt his right back leg so he is inside with me today. I think we have some rimadyl at the other house so will have hubby get it later. I decided to bake some cupcakes red velvet. Took pics of the boys and pics of the girls they are on my fb.

The puppies are gorgeous YR! They are so cute. Minnie just went through a false heat, so pretty soon should be her real one.

I canned up 14 quarts of chicken meat and 8 pints of broth. I had to take all my frozen chicken out of the freezer to make room for all our pork! Now I can get back to yard work. I need to get the yard mowed and put down some fertilizer. Its clouding up now so I hope we will be getting some rain soon.

AD

Today hubby and I headed over to the trailer with my youngest son and one of hubby's friends to do some work, yesterday hubby and his friend pulled up the carpet and in all the bedrooms. I cleaned out cabinets did some washing and cleaned the outside of the dishwasher and cleaned out the microwave. Hubby started pulling the walls down that had holes in them. My youngest son took his dresser and put it out in our shed. We got a lot done. Then headed into the next town over to take hubby's friend home. Came home and fed dogs and here in a little bit will let Socks out and I will change out the blanket and newspaper in puppy box.

AD- Thankyou, as you well know they are work but also worth it! We had a lab that had a false pregnancy . Hope you get some rain!!!

Afternoon- Took this week off to take care of the pups,they are all doing very well getting big. The weather has been very cool in the mornings and 80's in the evenings. I had to run into town earlier to pay some bills and stop by dollar store to pick up some cleaning supplies for the trailer. thinking hubby and I will probably head over there when he gets home and get some more work done on it.

AD- Gunny is so pretty!!!

Evening- Had a good week off and nice weekend. Had some friends over on Saturday we bbqd fajitas with cowboy corn and pico. I am so ready for work tomorrow. Most importantly we finally got some much needed rain!!!!

Hope you all had a nice Memorial Day weekend

It is thunder and lightening here. The thunder is a continual rumble. Not a lot of rain but lots of noise. The pups are beautiful YR! They sure are growing fast. AD Gunny is awesome! Remember the neighbor with the loose horses. Well they have been back at least twice since then. The second time it was 5 different horses. Then the 3rd time the first group was coming back but Hubby saw them coming and turned them towards home and met the owner on their trail. Haven't seen them again for awhile. But with the storm tonight I bet they will be back again with down fences. I have been out riding a few times and the Vet is coming out on Thursday to pull Coggins and give Vaccines. Then I'll be ready to hit the trails. You all have a great night!

Evening have been busy with work and then after work puppies and cleaning the trailer. Today after work hubby and I went over to the trailer and I decided to clean out the fridge got all but the freezer cleaned out. One more day of work. Pups eyes are starting to open. Made burritos for dinner nice and easy. We had a tree fall over in our back yard sad thing is it was a nice tree, went down because we lacked rain for so long then got some and down it went. Hope everyone is fine!

I've been busy canning again and making some bratwurst sausage. I need to work again on fencing since the mountain ash branches are touching the electric again and shorting it out. Zephyr has been teasing the crap out of Gunny by putting his leg near the fence and just before Gunny nips him, he pulls it back... e had my poor boy so worked up he was sweating! I tell you that horse has a sense of humor!!

This winter Deb our Belgian injured her bad hip that she injured as a yearling. We thought we would have to put her down. It was nice to see her jump and buck a little bit when I brought home a bale of hay.! She is getting better but will most likely be lame in that leg for awhile. She has improved so much we decided to just keep her as our herd boss since she is still good at this.

AD

I've been a bit busy getting my vegetable and flower bed in. Still have another day to finish it. Been working around the rain and other projects as they pop up

Three more weeks and the reds will be in and then will be smoking fish and canning it up! Glad to see you again Meekie!

AD

We are having so much rain its hard to get the hay crop in without getting it rained on. Finally some sunshine today but the ground is so wet it squishes when you walk across the the grass. Hope we aren't getting all summers worth of rain in one month!!!!

Got my flower bed in . working on green house next. Had to get other projects done before I set it up. I'll be glad when all these big projects are done.

AD

We are having puppies! Minnie and Max ones! I'm so excited to see what we get! Should be 2 to 3 more weeks..Its so hard to tell with her since her cycle is so short.

AD

Hey girls! Checking in. Been enjoying summertime - it's HOT but I'll take it! This past winter did me in! It posed too many problems down at the barn. AND I said I wouldn't complain about the summer heat - SO, I'm not going to! Went to TSC and got the horses another big barrel fan - have to do some repair on the one I had. It needs a new plug and I need to get a new belt for it. In the meantime, they have the new one and they sure do need it! We've been getting some rain showers - or downpours - every now and again. Pop up storms, complete with thunder and lightening. We've needed some rain, so it's all good. Took the daughter of a friend to a Horsemanship Clinic yesterday - learned some stuff - and everybody involved had a fun time. When the Clinic was over, some of the girls went swimming with their horses - that was fun to watch - I was tempted to go in with them!! lol The horses were in the water and I heard a rumble of thunder. It was in the distance, but still - thunder. We were hoping the storm was going around us BUT it wasn't. I headed back to my trailer because I had to put my awning up! Made it with a little time to spare - WHEW - that storm moved in FAST! Was planning on going riding today but I was exhausted from yesterday and the weather was iffy and we decided to make a new plan. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! YELLOWROSE - love those precious puppies -- they are SO cute! Nothing like a little puppy! AD - see you have been working hard on your garden - looks great! And, new little puppies coming -- AWWWWWW! Can't wait to see pics! MEEKIE - happy to see you on here! That's a story about the loose horses - they like your place better I suppose! Had that happen to me but only a couple of times. It's aggravating. Hopefully the owners will reinforce their fencing. We've been having afternoon storms here too - out of nowhere - pop up storms. They pack a wallop! HEAVY rains, but the storms usually don't last too long. We've been lucky so far - not too much thunder or lightening with the ones we've had hit us. Hope y'all get some nice weather to bale your hay for the winter. Our growing season has been good here - thank goodness! Y'all take care and have a peaceful evening! Bye for now.... :winking:

I finally finished my greenhouse frame..yup late in the year, but I am hoping to work the bugs out of this one come this winter. I still need to put up the plastic then add the tomatoes and cucumbers.

I'm working myself to the bone.. still need to do a black bear for Ron as soon as the greenhouse is done tomorrow. Of course its supposed to rain, but thats what raincoats are for ...right?

AD

I got the plastic up on my greenhouse and started building shelves for the tomatoe plants. I got about half of them in and transplanted some of the ones I had started. I already have tiny tomatoes starting on some of the plants. I still need to trim up some of the plastic and get more furring strips up, but it rained so hard today i could only work inside of the greenhouse. I was excited to find out that the inside is 8 degrees warmer than the outside of the house and it still needs the front door put on! Potato plants are starting to pop up out of the ground and so far only lost a few brocollis and one cabbage plant.

AD

Well here it is July and the garden is coming on and we have been eating broccoli and squash(zucchini) radishes and Swiss chard. Onions and green peppers and little carrots are also finding their way into my kitchen. :) We have been getting so much rain that it has been really hard to get first crop hay in. Finally got the last of it in Thursday and now to start on the second crop! I have gotten a few rides in between rain drops, not as much as I would like. Doctor also had to increase my Thyroid pill explains why I was falling asleep in the afternoons! Well you all take care and HAPPY TRAILS to you all!

Hey y'all! Dropping by! Hope all is well with everyone. It has been HOT and humid here. NOT complaining. Trying to get my work done early so I can get back inside. We've had lots of rain here lately. Not much riding. Seems like the summer is flying by. Not long and school will start. YELLOWROSE - loved all your puppies - it was fun watching them grow! Nothing like little puppies!

AD - Guess you have lots of goodies from your garden! Liked your fish story! lol MEEKIE - Sounds like you have goodies from the garden, too! We've had lots of rain too - glad you've gotten some rides in. I'll check back - y'all take care! :winking:

going pole fishing tomorrow with hubby. It poured down rain today and he did not want to go, so we went to dinner and bought some more tackle so we can go tomorrow. I hope to get some pics to share on FB and HC for everyone. I got sunburned in my face pretty good yesterday and blisted my ear lobes.That Dip netting beats you up! Just sending some time with hubby tomorrow again will be nice.

AD

Puppies have their eyes open! Will try to get pics tomorrow! Brinning fish to put in the smoker tomorrow.. Time to play catch up around here and possibly go fishing again tomorrow evening..

AD

Hey y'all! Hope everyone is doing well. We are in a rain pattern - yesterday through most of next week so I hear. No bad storms, thank goodness, and hit and miss showers. I'll be happy when the sunshine comes back out! Had some riding planned for this weekend but I don't think we will be able to go. Bummer. I did get to go riding last Wednesday - always have a good time when I'm in the saddle! I hope y'all have a fun weekend! I'll check in later. Sounds like you have been having some fun fishing AD - and I can't wait to see those cute puppies! Hope y'all have a pleasant evening..... :winking:

Was stopping by to see what y'all were up to and I was the last post! lol Hope all is well with everyone. Still dealing with some heat but I'm sad that summertime is on it's way out. It has been beautiful here but we could use some rain - everything is so dry. I'll check back later - bye for now.... :happy0203:

I think the interest is falling off on our little site here. Having the shoes pulled on the horses this afternoon for the winter. Riding season is all but over for me this year. You all have a great day!