kscowgirl_11

Hc Mommies And Mommies To Be.. V6

Just thought I would add my baby girl here too! She just turned 3 months old on the 5th!!

1 Day old.

GetAttachment2.jpg

5 Days

IMG_5679.jpg

2 months. THey dont do well with pictures at this age.lol

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

3 months

CandicesWinter2009pics102.jpg

CandicesWinter2009pics106.jpg

Very curious as to see what in the tarnation this is! lol

CandicesWinter2009pics092.jpg

Enjoy!!

I LOVE being a Mom!

Flying Stars, what wonderful pics.

Redflame, good luck you are in my thoughts.

Well got the spare room repainted now tonight I'll move the den/craft room in there. Then I can get going on the baby's room. Oh don't worry! I'll have Hubby move the heavy stuff.

Page 3 ladies? Really? We can do better than that! LOL.

Congrats to Red Flame on her lovely addition of little miss Natalie! She is gorgeous! Love that head of hair!

RailroadWoman, sounds like you are getting all ready for your little one! I remember those days... I definitely was nesting ha ha!

Flying Stars, your daughter is a cutie pie! What is her name? How much did she weigh/measure? And a belated congrats to you! I love her horse outfit! Soooo cute!

Connor was an "oops" baby, but when I found out I was pregnant, hubby and I were both really excited even though the timing was not great. We love him so much and I can't imagine life without him!

Speaking of Connor.. He did not have a great day today. He is either sick or teething (or both!). Since yesterday at daycare he has had a runny nose. Then last night he got really fussy and I had to let him cry himself to sleep because nothing else would calm him down. He was SO congested last night and hubby had to suction his nose a couple times in the middle of the night. Turned the humidifier on for him, too. Today he has been acting weird for him.. Whimpering/crying in his sleep, taking really short naps, acting like he is in pain, fussy a lot of the time, and drooling even more than usual. Still has the runny nose and congestion, too. I am convinced he is teething even though I can't feel any changes in his gums. I feel so awful for him. I am so used to him being happy happy happy. I hope this passes soon... It is the worst hearing him whimpering/crying in his sleep and hearing him breathing loudly because he is congested.

On a happy, unrelated note, we are down two cats now! My parents rehomed one of their cats yesterday and I rehomed one of mine today. It was really hard to part with my kitty tonight, but he went to a wonderful home and I know he will be loved and they will be happy with their choice in cats.

Have any of you ladies successfully conceived while dealing with PCOS? I am not trying to get pregnant any time soon. I have been having some female issues and was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.

I had a follow up appointment last week and my doctor said that he's fairly certain I don't ovulate. That the periods I do have are anovulatory. He said that continuing to lose weight might jump start my body into ovulating or that I might need help should I ever decide to have children.

Which, I am not wanting kids any time soon but the thought of not being able to conceive makes me sad. I'm curious if any of you Mom's or Mom's to be have dealt with this issue?

Hey ladies.. just popping in for a second. Nothing much happening here, just busy with the move. The boys are great! Everett is such a little stunner. He keeps hitting milestones. He now says Hi, daddy, whats that and I think dog. He picks up new words fairly easily. He's been walking for a bit now and is loving that. I'll take pics another day and upload them.

hi all. just got back from my doc appointment. I now have to inject 6 units of insulin. I HATE needles. But i will try. If i can't give it then hubby has to. I only have to take it before bed. My dietician and doc does not like my fasting numbers, which have not gone over 107 but they want them under 95.

My next ultrasound is feb. 2, and that is to see if laycee is ok and not to big. My doc is concerned that because i had to have assistance with both chey and jhett and they were not over 7 lbs, he thinks that if laycee is over 7 lbs then a c section might be in order.

Other then both of those, everything else is fine.

Daphne, to help with the shots change the location everyday so you don't get to sore. How many times do you have to check your surgar level a day? There is a special poker that can take blood anywhere without using a finger.

Remember a resident I took care off the his poor poor fingers were horribly soar from all the pokes. They had gotten the new needle to take blood else where. But we had one witch of a nurse that never used it. You just wanted to cry for the guy.

Not much going on here. Started walking the treadmill 20 min in the morning at a speed of around 2.3-2.4mph. Boy does it feel good to get moving. Plus with our big Olympic vacation next month I would like to be able to get around ok.

All in all nothing to report. Just going through alot of stuff trying to consolidate the two rooms.

Have a great day. Not sure when I'll be back.

My due date is July 14 this year. Add me to the list! My name is Beth. :) Not sure what I'm having yet. Almost at 14 weeks (see ticker below). Hope to find out asap! Still searching for a doctor...getting frustrated!

I only have to check my blood 3 times. Once in the morning, once 2 hrs after lunch and again 2 hours after supper. Thank gosh. I have one of those little gun thingys and sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

romeozgurl, you need to have that little one on the 15th. thats my birthday.

Had a drs appointment yesterday AM. All went well, listened to the heartbeat again it was 151. So far so good. Ultrasound on the 22nd at 9:30am..were soo EXCITED! rooting for a boy, but it doesnt matter as long as its healthy :)

Have any of you ladies successfully conceived while dealing with PCOS? I am not trying to get pregnant any time soon. I have been having some female issues and was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.

I had a follow up appointment last week and my doctor said that he's fairly certain I don't ovulate. That the periods I do have are anovulatory. He said that continuing to lose weight might jump start my body into ovulating or that I might need help should I ever decide to have children.

Which, I am not wanting kids any time soon but the thought of not being able to conceive makes me sad. I'm curious if any of you Mom's or Mom's to be have dealt with this issue?

A very very close friend of mine just had her first baby about a month ago and had PCOS. She was told she would never be able to conceive and it was definately a surprise blessing when she did. Her pregnancy went very smooth from start to finish.

Romeo, congrats & welcome. Good luck finding a doc. Know how you feel I have had bad luck in the past with the local hosp/clinic. Had seen about 4 different doc & found them to be very rude. I am going to a very small clinic in a town just 6 miles south. Reason went there is cause the doc's had alot of clients at a nursing home I work at for years. Really liked how they intereacted with the staff & residents. Do you have any friends that could recomend you to someone?

Well I have put the getting baby's room done on hold for now. It is such a huge mess that I don't want to look at it. For not being a clutter type person I sure do have alot of stuff to get rid of. Reall really hop we have that auction this year. I would so love to get that fenceing I want for future horse.

RF - I have heard/seen good things on kellymom.com and also there are good articles about it on babycenter.com.

Romeo, congrats on your pregnancy and welcome!

Update here - Connor is doing great except he still has congestion (started Friday) and coughing. The coughing is so awful. I feel bad for him! It wakes him and me up in the middle of the night. On a happy note, he has done really well at daycare yesterday and today despite being sick! He also as of last night rolls over BOTH ways (he just started back to tummy last night) and he LOVES rolling onto his side. He is going to be a roller, I think. He is already trying to make diaper changes hard for me by rolling onto his side while I change him, lol. Another happy thing is that Connor is doing REALLY well transitioning to crib sleeping. He still co-sleeps for maybe half the night, but he sleeps really well in his crib, too. I just never seem to have the energy to move the two feet from bed to his crib to put him down again after night feedings. My goal is to have him 100% in the crib at night asap, though. I have a fear of him rolling out of bed and we ALL sleep so much better when he is in the crib. Connor is also really good about putting himself to sleep now. I usually rock him for naps during the day, but at night, he gets put in the crib when he is sleepy but awake, and he falls asleep on his own with minimal fussing. Oh, and I introduced his first vegetable on Saturday (peas) and he is doing well so far. Of course, he is not feeling well, so I have not been able to give them to him real regularly yet.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy! There is so much sickness going around right now it's crazy.

Romeo!!

Congrats and welcome!

Daphne, I am suprised they are having you use insulin right away. Typically they try a diet change to see if that is successful before medicating!

for the first week they tried a diet change, which brought down some of the numbers, but the fasting numbers they didn't like. They never went over 108. Last night was day number 2 for the insulin. this morning my fasting number was 95 [Yay] thats what they wanted it to be.

I decided to poke my belly. doesn't hurt as much as i thought, but man it stings a little when its cold.

I agree babycenter has some really good articles there for BF.

Do you mean your fasting numbers never went below 108?

Try the outside of your thigh, on the back of your upper arm. The needle is pretty tiny. I worked for a summer during college at a camp as a wrangler. We had a month of diabetic campers and we played as diabetics for one of those weeks to see what it was like. Only idfference was we injected saline instead od insulin.

yep my fasting numbers never fell below 108. They wanted them to be below 95. But they never went over 110 either. So last night took the insulin at 930 pm checked numbers at 8 am and they are were the doc wants them.

I might try my thigh tonight. laycee doesn't like it when i pinch my belly. She gets mad and kicks me lots. I think she is running out of room. Also i have noticed she hates it when i sit straight up, like driving. She doesn't move as much when i am feeding the horses or cleaning. weird huh.

RF - kellymom.com is AMAZING! Specifically all about breastfeeding.

Romeo - congratulations! This is a great group of mommies. Welcome!

Radiant - Glad to hear everything went good. I'll help you root for a boy, too! I love my son. =)

Goldie- YAY for rolling! Elliott still likes to squirm around when I change him, so I just give him a toy or a book to distract. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Lol.

I think Elliott is working on MORE teeth! I think this will probably be one of the last times we'll go through this. He naps wonderfully, thank goodness. It's a solid 2 hour nap, and then he is good to go until bedtime.

I started spring semester at school on Monday (yuck) so my SIL is watching him during the day again. Elliott loves playing with their Chihuahua. He even says her name!

This morning was funny. You know that waterskiing squirrel? It was on TV this morning. Elliott said "KITTY!" and started barking. He's got his animals a little confused... Lol.

I don't hear him...he's up to no good. Gotta find him!

Have a great day ladies!

Congrats to all the new MTB, those that have had theirs, and hugs for those going through a tough time.

Quick update- Cayla now has 10 teeth and I think is getting more molars in. She beat up my friend's 19 month old daughter for taking all the toys away from her and taking her paci (which was a funny story to hear) Apparently she stared Emily down before running over to her and grabbing a handful of hair and hitting her on the head before grabbing more hair and shaking her around. They couldn't do anything but laugh the whole time and cheered Cayla on for beating up Emily. They said she put up with Emily for about an hour before finally kicking her butt. *GO CAYLA*

Baby #2 didn't work with us last monday so we still don't know what we're having. I got back Feb. 1 for another u/s and appt. And hubby felt the baby kick the other morning and he went to mushing around on my belly trying to get it to kick again. When confronted with waking me up doing that, he replied "I swear the little $hit kicked me so I was chasin it down" I couldn't do anything but laugh at that. I did learn that with this pregnancy what my limits are because one morning at like 3 am it felt like I was having contractions after that day before picking up some heavy logs and splitting them with a wood splitter all day. They told me at the dr's office that if it happens again to call them. Hubby ain't let me do that much since then.

With the adults in this picture: We now have a house waiting on us in KY for $300 a month with well water and light bill. Hubby's on the phone now to find out if we can get enough land with it for the boys. I have a job interview Saturday morning at the local tack store in Paris for a P/T position. I passed my tack test with a 100 and I laughed at what the other girl missed. (couldn't identify a barrel, roping, and cutting saddle. Didn't know how the saddles in the store were organzied. Couldn't tell the difference between a curb bit and a snaffle bit- and she wants to work at a tack store???) I'm hoping I get it, even though we're aiming at moving in March. And yes, I'm on a OB hunt.... AGAIN! I learned my lesson about interviewing the dr before making my choice after getting 3 different crappy doctors. I actually like this OB I got now because he encourages the fathers to come to every appointment and come back to the exam room. I love the family-involved atmosphere at his office. And why is it that when you don't want to buy a horse trailer they're plentiful, but when you go looking for one, you only find (literally) $hitty trailers for a new trailer price?

sorry, I know I don't post much on this thread anymore, but I lurk everyday, this just really struck my as very odd.

Clyde&Me- Why would you laugh and encourage that behavior? You are making that aggression a positive thing, and when children get positive behavior, they tend to repeat it. When your second baby arrives and she grabs it and shakes it, will that be funny too? I understand Emily took her toys, but instead of letting your child attack her, you should teach the concept of sharing, not aggression.

^ Totally agree. It doesn't matter how old they are, those children should have been stopped immediately and coached on the proper behaviors.

They are kind of like puppies, they need to be taught correctly and firmly from day one or you will chance ending up with an unruly critter on your hands.

Brenna