cvm2002

Requiem, Baskette's Colt

Any updates? Is she bagging up at all yet? [smiley Wavey]

Oh... & thanks for sending the mud this way, lol! Good thing we live on a sand hill, so it won't stay long.

[Crazy]

Not much to report yet....starting to get a little puffy ahead of her bag, but no real filling yet. Increasingly shortened temper as of late. Normally she lets the mini gelding push her around, but now she's stealing HIS food (I've been tying him up so he doesn't get into hers...).

The mud is just miserable!! I need more mats...

Waitng, waiting, waiting

Those mares just keep us waiting.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

Foal time!!![surrender]

(To the tune from rawhide)

Day 320 today! The foaling cameras are up, although not on the internet. We live in the middle of nowhere and don't have a decent enough connection to broadcast it.

Day 329 today.....Every night when I feed I do a "boobie check". Mainly just to play with her teats and desensitize her, but to check progress. We've had some pre-udder edema for a couple weeks, but tonight was the first night I went "WOAH!!" Big change from last night to tonight!! Still pretty tight in the back end though, with a lot of tail tone, so we're close, but not *CLOSE*. Finally progress though!

Rules for posting about precious new arab foal:

1. Hot coffee in hand.

2. Your post must not make sense on first reading. That would mean you were rested.

3. Pictures are absolutely required. Posting without pictures is like going to an art gallery with your eyes closed. Totally pointless! Have camera in hand when checking mare. Better yet, have two.

4. Bonus points given if mare is trying to EAT you in one of the pictures.

5. Pictures, pictures, pictures....

6. Double bonus points given if you can hide all the mud outside on foal's first outing.

1. Hot coffee in hand.

2. Your post must not make sense on first reading. That would mean you were rested.

3. Pictures are absolutely required. Posting without pictures is like going to an art gallery with your eyes closed. Totally pointless! Have camera in hand when checking mare. Better yet, have two.

6. Double bonus points given if you can hide all the mud outside on foal's first outing.

[ROTFL]

Sending HFV's your way cvm! Are you starting to lose sleep?

Nope....I've been sick for the last 6 weeks. Mare or not, there is NOTHING coming between me and sleeping right now!! She still is too empty in the udder and too tight in the back end yet to start getting up. What I can get out of her teats is still thin and salty to the taste, so we have a while....

{{{HFV}}} CVM... Can't wait to see what the baby turns out to be....

1. Hot coffee in hand.

[ROTFL] [ROTFL]

Scap, the breeding forum has been this way for quite a while now...... :grin:

Continued udder filling, but the teats are still pretty empty. I did her tail up today just because. She'll probably have the braid ripped out by morning!

Toby staged a coup this evening while I was out cleaning. Was wheeling the muck cart in and he sneaked out the paddock gate. So he's spending the evening out in the rain. Baskette is torn between enjoying the freedom and missing him. So she's standing in the rain watching for him. I was planning on locking him out anyhow (don't need a pesty pony going, "Hey.....what's that? Can I help?" while she's trying to foal. So we'll see. At least she's not pacing to get out with him.

That's the only update I have. Still tight in the back end and plenty of tail control.

I give up.....I don't know when she's going to foal, I just wish it would be soon. Udder is tight, but teats aren't completely filled out. Sometimes she's loose in the backend, sometimes she isn't.

She just stands around looking like this:

BasketteTerm.jpg

Poor girl she looks miserable. Poor you as well! Just think of it as an educational experience. You'll be able to relate to those insane mare owners so much more easily in the future. :winking:

Hope she goes soon for you cvm, but with plenty of by the book warning signs. This is gong to be a truly lovely foal! I just know it.

CVM, is she doing the jello butt slinky tail thing too? Dang mares... YOU want a filly, I want a colt, so yours has to wait till the 14th, k? That's what Alaskan Draft said!

(& dumb question... is Baskette stocking up in the rear legs at all, or is it just MY horse?)

Sometimes she's Jello-y (and yes, that IS my official medical diagnosis) in the back end with a really loose v ulva and other times not so much. Yes, she's been a little puffy in the hind legs and a little on the belly as well. Pretty common for "swollen ankles" in late pregnancy.

Nothing yet?? My goodness she looks so miserable!

:drool: [Me Cry] Gettin a little twitchy here.....

No....nothing......nada......And we had a nice long talk last night. She DID try to literally kill Toby last night, so we've hit the major mood swings. One minute she was in utter bliss as I was currying her belly (neck twisted, lip all puckered up, "air grooming") and the next she had her ears pinned and did an open mouth lunge at poor Toby who ventured too close to her feed dish.

Bag & teats are full this morning though, so we'll see.....

[Huggy] I'll bet there isn't a mare owner here that doesn't know what "a little twitchy" means.

Well, so much for coffee and a foal this morning, but it sounds like she's making progress. I'm off to take a nap since I have to work tonight. Hopefully she'll be more productive tonight!

Between CVM and Red ...who is going to foal first....that is the question.

the answer:

Who has the bigger plunger.

[ROTFL]

Edited by desputedwestern

HA! I have a BIG ole plunger called OXYTOCIN sitting in my foaling kit. I think I win that contest, no problem. But using it is the problem.....sigh.....guess we wait for Mother Nature.

Here's today's unflattering picture:

BasketteTerm2.jpg