BarrelBlondie22

The "circle Of Trust" Pt. Ii

Schatzl- I'm glad I'm not the only one who indulges myself by going onto Martha Stewart's website and looking at wedding stuff. Those luminaria things are really cute though!

And since we are describing how we would like our weddings....here's what I want:

-I want my wedding at sunset

-then the reception would be at night with cute lights and lanterns strung up on the trees and along pathways

-preferably outside (so probably late spring, early summer before it gets too unbearably hot)-there's a really cute horse farm near my house that often hosts weddings so I would love to be able to have it there

- I want to arrive in a horse drawn carriage

-and instead of birdseed being thrown...I want everyone to line up with sparklers!

Haven't spent too much time thinking of colors or flowers...there's plenty of time for that later.

oh oh i want to talk about my wedding too!

i want to get married in a really pretty field in like vermont or something. summertime. bright green grass. blue sky. my dress is going to be tradional. im thinking a haltertop or strapless. i wanna wear cowboy boots. i havent decided on where i want my reception to be but i know i want to have a different dress for it - something knee length and cute, hard to explain haha - think 1960s housewife :)

theres so much stuff ive thought about i almost cant remember it all

I actually want a church wedding. I'm not religious at all (though my parents are), but I want a big, traditional wedding. I think my parents do too because neither of my brothers went that route. One won't get married and the other is just doing a small ceremony.

Since we're talking about marriage.

I want to get married on a roller skating rink. Whole wedding party has to wear roller skates. It would be the most ridiculous wedding ever.

Since we're talking about marriage.

I want to get married on a roller skating rink. Whole wedding party has to wear roller skates. It would be the most ridiculous wedding ever.

hahaha.

And if any of your wedding party are like me, you'd have broken appendages and hospital visits because of your wedding.

I think a wedding should represent both families coming together in celebration...so since I don't know him or his family yet, I haven't planned a thing. Except that I think I want cupcakes and a small wedding cake instead of a big one. I went to a wedding that did it that way once and it was waaaaay cooler than a big cake, and you could have all sorts of different kinds of cupcakes.

Oh, weddings! Here is where I want to get married... Under the pines! Except I want to have the reception at my 'rents' house. Annnnnnd I want to get married on May 7, 2011, which will be our 5th "day he asked me to be his girlfriend" anniversary. That will also be the day I graduate with my Master's in Dietetics, but I'll skip that to get married instead. :) So now I just need him to propose sometime, haha.

Since my last post I havn't been reading much of anything on this thread..

But Since my last post. And the whole Giving up on me and Spidey being more then friends it just seems like he is Flirting with me more then ever!

He has been VERY busy with office work and has been sick. Resulting in him being locked in the office all week. The little bit I have seen him he has just acted like he was wishing he was doing stuff that I could sit in the office with him. So he wasn't alone and That I was with him.

Some of those short times He was out of the office he would be talking to one of the boarders and just a say a line in my ear as I walked by to make me laugh.

Tonight It was "Nice House shoes Hun" Refurring to the Bright Pink Crocs I had slipped on so I could run up there to take someone something.

Would most people notice them when they themself were in conversation with someone. And I was walking past them? Me thinks not.

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything thats for sure. But we will see what goes on when he is done with his office work stuffs (Taxs..) What happens..

Someone asked me last week.

When is Spidey going to ask you out?

I didn't know what to say to them. But It got me wondering all over again!

Ok I just had to get that out.

Thanks

Hope all is well!!

Interesting...

So Thursday night this guy I know was very into me. I hung out with him and his roommates all night. We had a great time and I was looking forward to seeing him more this weekend.

Ran into him and his roommates again when I was out last night. I got NOTHING from the guy who was into me the night before. I ended up going back to their place to crash (one of them is dating one of my great friends, so it's totally not weird). The guy that was so into me Thursday night just chilled out with their dogs while his roommate totally stole me from him???

Weird...whatever...but weird...

Shelbs, I still wouldn't get my hopes up or pursue things with him. Even if he did ask you out, it just sounds like your lives are worlds apart. He has a significant number of years on you, and that is something to be mindful of...even if he is a nice guy and pleasant to be around.

Mars - I'll never figure out why guys change their moods so quickly like that. Usually I'll just go whatever too, but it never stops me from wondering why.

I have always said that they're all

BIPOLAR.

Kristin - I cannot STAND name calling or any derogative term used against women. Oh I'd be fuming. He definitely does need to get his act together, it sounds like. Simple communication isn't so hard...I don't know why people make it a big deal or spaz out. Just talking. Sheesh. So if he proposes on your vacation, you'd say no or a yes...BUT...?

Krystal - I'm sorry things aren't going well. Never fun. Fighting? Ick, stressful. I can't stand that "off" feeling where everything is just out of sync. Hopefully things shape up soon.

Everything the boy and I have talked about (wedding wise) makes it sound like a little kids party. But oh well, there are no rules to this! Cheap as possible while being cool and fun is one of the aims. It'd be AMAZING to have the budget max be $2000.

Industructable: That touched me. Thank you.

Wedding talk, eh? I don't know what I want. Jon and I have talked about a beach (Ft Bragg) more than anything but I have always dreamed about my horse and dog being in the ceremony with me. We are going to have to discuss where it will be at. Why? Most of his family lives in California and all but two brothers and their families live in Oklahoma. I also have lifelong friends in California. It's bah-humbug. Lol. I don't want poof in a dress. No thank you. If it is on a beach, it will be a shorter dress. Any where else? Long and smooth. I'm stuck between a halter top or strapless. Don't know yet. Colors? I love deep red and brown. I will continue to dream on.

But I am going to agree with Kristin. Like her's, mine needs to mature a bit. *sigh* : )

Ok so I have seriously been slacking in the picture department...I still have to upload them ughhhh! I will get them up soon I promise! The dinner ended up going really well and he loved everything! :tongue9: I will go into more detail when I get the pics I guess!

Shelbs: I have to say something because I'm a little bit worried about your situation... I understand that you two get a long really well, etc. but there is a significant age difference between the two of you and that does make a difference whether you acknowledge that right now or not. I don't want to sound harsh or anything but I also don't want you to regret this down the road. When I was 17 (yes 17!) there was a guy who was a friend of my parent's who we had joked would one day be my sugar daddy, etc. Well, he took it seriously apparently and started sending me all these love texts and stuff, which to me at 17 having never had a guys show much interest in me felt amazing at the time. But now looking back at it I think it's soooo gross and I wish now that I had told him sooner to stop flirting with me! After a little while I did get him to stop talking to me (after several threats actually) and I'm not saying this situation is at all similar, but I just don't want you to regret all the time you're wasting with a guy who you might not have a future with you know?

As far as the boyfriend question goes, the boy I'm with now is my first real boyfriend who I started dating right after I graduated high school. :smilie:

Weddings...I come up with ideas all the time that I think are cool, but I don't want to think about it too much because I don't want to get too ahead of myself! haha

Shelbs, I still wouldn't get my hopes up or pursue things with him. Even if he did ask you out, it just sounds like your lives are worlds apart. He has a significant number of years on you, and that is something to be mindful of...even if he is a nice guy and pleasant to be around.

Our lives ARE differnt but not worlds apart(other then the age thing).I'm not getting my hopes up I know that..He is not just to the nice guy that is pleasant to be around.

He is that amazing guy that brightens my day just by the grin on his face. If I had a bad day and I'm about to cry about something or I'm in a dark mood. He can bring me out of it in a heart beat. I just don't know what I would do without him in my life.

Shelbs: I have to say something because I'm a little bit worried about your situation... I understand that you two get a long really well, etc. but there is a significant age difference between the two of you and that does make a difference whether you acknowledge that right now or not. I don't want to sound harsh or anything but I also don't want you to regret this down the road. When I was 17 (yes 17!) there was a guy who was a friend of my parent's who we had joked would one day be my sugar daddy, etc. Well, he took it seriously apparently and started sending me all these love texts and stuff, which to me at 17 having never had a guys show much interest in me felt amazing at the time. But now looking back at it I think it's soooo gross and I wish now that I had told him sooner to stop flirting with me! After a little while I did get him to stop talking to me (after several threats actually) and I'm not saying this situation is at all similar, but I just don't want you to regret all the time you're wasting with a guy who you might not have a future with you know?

I may be wasting time with him. I may not. But I know theres no one ells right now for me to waste my time on.

My mother (who i will be the first to say I know is not the sanest person around..) Thinks we should would be amazing together.

not much to update on, i suppose. things are going great!

This is a great weekend too. yesterday was good right from the start: our first period teacher gave us "happy friday" candy, and apparently he was just in a really good mood already. and then the day just got better...after school we went to the college and manged to get his acceptance fee to the honors college waived, and probably the housing fee too. and then we went to get a movie to watch today (we were gonna watch it yesterday but ran out of time after spending all that time at the college) and then chilled at my house for a little while before going to the basketball game. Today we're planning on watching the movie and then going to tonight's basketball game (he has to, haha, since he's in pep band) and i think he might want to detail my car today, too. lol. yeah, he really wants to, because he likes cleaning things, cause he's crazy and has OCD. he used to have a job detailing limos. soooo...fun day! lol.

aaaand he's pretty awesome. that's all. =]

so we discovered a problem with out relationship.

Neither of us like it when people give us money or spend money on us. Which meansss...he doesn't like it when i try to buy lunch, and vise versa. That is honestly the only thing we've argued about in our entire relationship: who's gonna buy lunch.

What a temper. So he flipped a dung on me when I sat him down and had the whole "I can't be in a relationship" conversation with him. Flipped OUT on me. He has calmed down since then, and has repeatedly told me he isn't angry anymore, but he certainly acts like it!

My reasoning was this: I just got out of my first relationship with a wonderful guy I still have mixed feelings about a month. It doesn't matter WHAT my feelings are for Boy B because I'm still confused and healing and taking my time and space. I need time and space. I need to breathe for a while, focus on this new semester and my classes and my internship, and a thousand things that come before any boy. I need to go ahead and be by myself for a while, rediscover Hannah because I don't need to be a relationship right now. I tried explaining this all to him, as well as the fact that if I tried to act on my feelings for him right now and go into a full-on relationship, it would crash and burn, even destroy our foundational friendship.

So there is my logic. Everyone I've talked to so far has agreed that this makes sense. The day after I had this conversation with him, I felt so free. I could breathe. I wasn't caged in anymore.

It was great. He can stomp his feet and throw a childish temper tantrum and accuse me of stringing him along this whole time on purpose (wrong) and talk to me in an angry, spiteful tone, but it won't change a thing.

I'm so happy.

The funny thing is, when he stormed out and slammed doors and came back the next day to accuse and sneer, I was calm. I was empty of emotion. I had no pity for him, particularly if he was going to act that way. I'm a little frustrated now, because he still doesn't get that it isn't that I'm saying that I don't have feelings for him, because I do, but that I'm just not the right place for a relationship.

His immaturity over the past week has given me a glimpse at something I don't like at all.

It's totally, totally understandable to want time after a relationship...especially after your first serious boyfriend! Even if you're feelings for the other guy are "real" or whatever, you don't want him to feel like the rebound. He should understand and respect that!

Ditto, he should certainly understand and respect that. How silly his reaction was! I don't get things like that. I mean, seriously people? Yikes.

Corrie - I can relate to that dilemma. I like to pay because he always does and I want to be nice, he wants to pay because he likes being nice to me. It's not a big deal, really, but can make both of us stubborn!

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

So... I've met a guy. He's tall and sweet and good looking... He's got his life together. He owns his own home (complete with acreage, barn, arena, etc.) which is almost paid off, his truck is paid off, his horse trailer is paid off. He has his own buisness and is obviously doing well with it...

The kicker is that he's younger than I am. This REALLY bothers me. I've dated 2 guys in the past who are younger than me and it never lasted long. All of my longer relationships and the guys that I've gotten along best with have all been at least a couple of years older than me.

My guy now is younger than me (two years in fact)...and it used to bother me a lot (mostly because I was worried about what people would think). But eventually I got over it because he's a good guy and we get along great together. Age is just a number right? (as corny and cliche as it sounds).

This guy sounds like he's pretty mature and has it going on. Don't write him off just because of your past experiences of dating younger guys. I think you should give him a chance!

I think "younger" just depends how old YOU are - as does older.

I've said it before - there is a big different in age between 18 and 28. Moreso than there is between 28 and 38, and even less between 38 and 48. Maturity levels off at some point and it's all just a race to the finish line from then on out.

Honestly, if he's just a couple years younger, so what? He's successful, obviously intelligent, and has a good thing going for him - don't pass that up lady!

No real news here, except that I had an awesome weekend and I don't regret my choice about breaking up with Talon at all. I am having a BLAST living life and really figuring out who I am, making plans for the future, etc.

I'm realizing just how different I am from other girls, and how many guys find that pretty attractive. As one guy put it last night, I'm not co-dependent. I've got my own mind to do things with and I intend to do them. Guys can deal with that and come along for the ride, or they can wave goodbye.

So... I've met a guy. He's tall and sweet and good looking... He's got his life together. He owns his own home (complete with acreage, barn, arena, etc.) which is almost paid off, his truck is paid off, his horse trailer is paid off. He has his own buisness and is obviously doing well with it...

The kicker is that he's younger than I am. This REALLY bothers me. I've dated 2 guys in the past who are younger than me and it never lasted long. All of my longer relationships and the guys that I've gotten along best with have all been at least a couple of years older than me.

i like the guys i date to be older, but i make exceptions for the cute and mature ones. i wouldnt have a problem with that if i were you. not sugar daddy older like another bb haha but a few yrs. i dunno. i like it. but ron acts more mature than me, so its ok. and he's only like 5 months younger than me.

we had a really fun weekend, i went to his house and slept over. it was his dads birthday and his grandparents came over....they love me! i really like his whole family. his mom treats me like her own haha.

psh there's an exception to every rule..age is just a number. he sounds A LOT more grown up than the last boy or two you've dated..JMO

I wish I knew of a way to tell my mom to polite "butt out" of my relationships. The problem is, no matter HOW I suggest this to her every so nicely or even bluntly, she takes such extreme offense to it. I recognize, respect, and listen to her opinion SO much, but I NEED to learn to make my own mistakes/accomplishments. I've almost forgotten what it's like to think for myself and just weigh a situation for what I feel, not her. It's not like I even really tell her too many things or ask her opinion too much; she just drops little comments here or there that just bite or tend to smart...a lot. I feel like I have to choose between either boy or her at times which is entirely stupid because neither should ever purposely affect the other.